Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
133 registered (alerique, accordeur, al reds, anamnesis, alexis_honolulu, 32 invisible), 1780 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Portable recording device for serious practice by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZNow if I could just stand to record myself. Yeah, there's always that psychological thing. With digital you can always just delete it, and there's usually enough capacity to record for many hours. So, one thing to try is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Theme with variations" recital sign-up thread by Pover @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

Hey everyone. Due to extreme time constraints, I have to apologize for not being able to do the Mozart K.331 1st movement and submit it. If anyone else wants to do it they're free to do so. Sorry again!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by The Monkeys @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Thank you Charles for the suggestions. PA systems will deliver much louder volume, but how is the sound quality for piano? How do they compare to the build-in speaker?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 months on... by outo @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074 And again, let's don't confuse "practice" with "having fun". Oh, why do you people always say things like that? There's nothing more entertaining than a proper intense practice session!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By CeldorOriginally Posted By QazsedcftYou're doing 1 hour a day only exercises or 1 hour a day in total? Exercises shouldn't be more than 20% of your time and the rest should be on repertoire and musicianship (sight reading, ear tr
Jump to new posts Re: Una Corda by login @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By poldThanks, I didn't know it, and I already love it. It's so clever and revolutionary in its simplicity. It resolves the main stupidity of every upright piano. The real killer of any upright piano is in particular the lower case
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Henle going digital! by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

10 units $0.99 (US dollars) 20 units $1.99 50 units $4.99 100 units $8.99 200 units $16.99 300 units $23.99 500 units $39.99 1,000 units $74.99 £1 = $1.45
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easypiano.cz by madgman @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

Thanks for the reply JoBert - I might invest my 19 euros for a year's subscription before the UK leaves the EU and everything in Europe gets more expensive! I very much enjoyed your YouTube pieces - especially Traumerei. regards from an overcast Tun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice - Greg D. The Beatles - Lady Madonna - Greener Burt Bacharach - Close to You - Greener Elton John - Border Song - Greener Elton John - Daniel - Greener Joe Raposo - Bein' Green - Greener Fred Rogers - Mr. Rogers N
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts a card deck by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

One card is not in this card deck. What? https://youtu.be/-EMarsQgWdg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GC1M by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By CHRISTIAN1325What would a Flawless looking and playing 2010 Yamaha GC1M go for in the used market? Got quoted $16,500......$17,900 OTD. I don't want to get into specifics, but we were quoted quite a bit less than that for a bran
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consignment, or try to sell her myself by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By musicpassionI felt the price was good, so I didn't negotiate at all... just paid the asking price. Glad it worked out well for you, musicpassion. And, it sounds like you did your pricing research as well. All the best, Rick
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messian prelude - question on notes by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

Nikolas & beet31425: Thanks for the suggestions.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Fugue is back better than ever. by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

Hi Nikolas, Thank you for your positive comments. I'm very glad you liked this piece. You laid down a challenge without really trying to and I couldn't leave it alone. I will work on cleaning up the score. I usually find all kinds of issues when I w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice appoggiaturas and acciaccaturas? by Muove @ Yesterday at 09:27 AM

Ok, thanks, you both, that makes sense. Indeed, a large part of my problem with these ornaments seems to be that I don't have a good rhythmic image of them. I think my first step will be to write out the whole measure by giving the ornaments real no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The last few miles of learning a piece? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 09:18 AM

Two quick things but more for late intermediate / advanced players. 1) The ability to change articulation, interpretation quickly is a necessity. Once a piece is learned in should not be written in stone but be somehow more fluid like a river in its
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Quote:I want to start with classical and pop first and jazz later Classic teaching rarely does improvization (long ago, classic also was based on improvization but not anymore). Therefore, classic won't prepare you well for jazz. So if your main g
Jump to new posts Re: Contact strip - board replacement? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

When a note will only play at ffff, it's most likely the contact pad. Possibly a defective pad. Possibly dirt on or under the pad. Small possibility: a broken trace on the PC board leading to one of the two pads belonging to the affected key. As spa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer upright w/ Silent system by dhull100 @ Yesterday at 08:16 AM

Congratulations!
Member Recordings
Hello TVB enthusiasts, here is my piano cover on the upcoming new drama's theme song called 公公出宮 - 劇集主題曲 《藍天白雲》by 沈震軒. There is also a free tutorial attached to the end of the lesson if you want to learn how to pla
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Blog post about Pierre Boulez and Paul Bley by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 06:38 AM

Yes, it's true. They had much in common! http://pianodao.com/2016/01/25/iconoclasts-shibboleths-paul-bley-and-pierre-boulez/
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts My piano composition - At The Right Moment by Danijelcro @ Yesterday at 06:22 AM

Composed by Danijel Kovacic (me) Melody tematic of this piano composition is a bit sad. I hope somebody will like it. Critic and comment are welcome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaazT9WzRc
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by GeorgeStorm @ Yesterday at 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By GeorgeStorm I'll try to check the height thing! Omega dimensions (mm) Thanks, it seems the lowest the monolith goes is just over 66cm, I'll try to remember to check how tall my sto
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin 7 Fter in Irvine, CA $5800 by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By BDBMy original comment was more an alert to people that if they are going to sell a piano on craigslist, or even post pictures on Piano World, they should put some thought into them so that they will give some idea of what the pi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By Mental Nomad...as I said, with a CP80 available to me, perhaps buying a PNOscan II MIDI strip might be the way to go. The CP80 has lasted long enough... I bought it in '89 or so, well-used, and it still plays... It's a shame you
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
6 minutes 38 seconds ago
Really? Just a short story about a beginner
by missbelle
21 minutes 33 seconds ago
Summers & Son spinet piano question
by TeeBach
Today at 12:38 PM
Need suggestions for good practice book.
by rogerc
Today at 12:19 PM
How to practice polrhythms
by ajrdileva
Today at 11:35 AM
Forum Stats
82,496 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,309 Topics
2,492,774 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission