Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (accordeur, 36251, agraffe, AGPianist, alex59, 22 invisible), 2185 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By The MonkeysHis new assignment was Maple Leaf Rag, and he said it was the best music he had every played! :thumbs up: If he needs any other recommendations for great ragtime and early jazz pieces to study, send me a private mess
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway CEO Michael Sweeney Out by Rwingguy @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Yes, it was my mistake. I got the info from the article alluded to here...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: liebestraum no3 by ARpiano @ Yesterday at 09:43 AM

I can't say precisely, I'm into music since several years (played guitar for 7-8 years), always played some keyboard just for fun, but started serious lessons with teacher just last year
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales question by Bsw @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

I had my lesson yesterday and my teacher liked your responses. Said use of fingers was mostly related to the harpisord and size of the keyboard and keys.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand synchronisation in upper register by andrew382 @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

Yes, that's true but I haven't come to realize that the RH has to hold itself in the air while playing until recently. I have already managed to obtain some of the weight but I still have work to do. I can let go pretty good when playing scales but
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By hello my name isThank you DMD. In our last lesson, I quickly demonstrated how I could play Mary Had A Little Lamb in this key.. or this key.. or this key.. I will incorporate your suggestions as well Yes, truly understandin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Convolution reverb by Tiger22 @ Yesterday at 05:08 AM

Don't know of any. Even if there are they probably use predefined Impulse Response files and have no ability to load other ones. If you have a particular IR file you want to use you may be better switching to a softare piano. I use Pianoteq and can l
Jump to new posts Re: The Roland RD-2000 does have V-Piano! by Goss @ Yesterday at 04:37 AM

Aha! So that's where they hid hammer hardness in my HP605 - it is called single note character instead of hammer hardness as they did in vpiano XD Single Note Character -5–0–+5 : Adjusts the tonal character of each key. Higher settings
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by mabraman @ Yesterday at 04:19 AM

I have small hands, too, and began to learn piano after 40 y.o. When I can't reach a note, I do what others adviced before. If it respects the idea of the composer, then I'm fine. I'm not wasting time in strecthing my hands beyond a ninth, at this ag
Jump to new posts Re: Give me your opinions on pianos in the 4000-5000 euro ra by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By EssBraceThe most piano-like experience on a DP I've ever had was playing a Kawai CS11 a few days ago. Volume set to two thirds or three quarters. Headphones off. Dig into those keys and the thing comes to life. It moves the air
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by valle @ Yesterday at 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By MickLMaybe I change it to glossy. What do you guys think? I don't think glossy would be a good idea. I think the cabinet color is good as it is! Glossy finish draws attention. I think the attention should be on the VPC1. Plus i
Member Recordings
Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale - "Catch The Moment" - LiSa (Piano Cover by Amosdoll + Piano Tutorial) Hello Sword Art Online enthusiasts! Here is my piano cover on the theme song for the upcoming new SAO Movie "Ordinal Scale
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: Piano competition in Astana, Kazakhstan. $60 000 prize found by pianopassionastana @ Yesterday at 12:56 AM

Only two weeks left before the end of the reception of applications for the Fourth International Competition of Young Pianists "Astana Piano Passion" which is due 5th of March 2017 . To participate in the contest is absolutely free, and i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Writing a fugue(without a prelude before it?) by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By sumpianodudeJust wondering if it would be a good idea to attempt writing a fugue. It wouldn't. It would! Indeed not, if the info
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have you ever given up? by Richrf @ 02/21/17 10:57 PM

I have a couple of very practical suggestions: 1) Take up singing, which is free and a great pride to learning any instrument. You can learn find of stuff on YouTube. Music is music and I live to sing as part of my piano practice! 2) Look to anothe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing advice? by hreichgott @ 02/21/17 10:22 PM

Figure out why it's going wrong, get it right slowly, then get it right 10 more times. 20 more times if you have a performance soon and you need to cure the feeling of being scared of that passage. Once you've done that, if you can bear to look at i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D 92'`hammers by Bob @ 02/21/17 10:09 PM

I put NY hammers on our 1992 D five years ago. I ended up removing felt and wood and installing WNG capstans due to heavy touch. The hammers arrived non lacquered, and dead sounding. They work well today, but on this D with a string plane 3/8 &quo
Piano Teachers Forum
yay sounds promising!
Member Recordings
Hi Guys Your'e warmly invited to listen to my piece. I started writing it back in 2009, and just finished it last summer. Enjoy!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical letoff question by Piano Tipping @ 02/21/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTI made a simple jig that uses a long bit sideways. It leaves a nice curve where the cut ends. That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard by EssBrace @ 02/21/17 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Ferris Happy Birthday Steve ! Shoot my your address and I'll have a Hamburg Steinway B dropped off at your place as a birthday present. How kind! Throw in a couple of free tunings and I'll consider it Dave. Thanks f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Antonín Petrof by johnstaf @ 02/21/17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalFunny, I thought a new premium line from Petrof would stir up more discussion! Me too. I find this very exciting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof in the US 2017 by Retsacnal @ 02/21/17 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:What is going on with Petrof in the US right now? Sorry Rich, must have misread this... Norbert Easy mistake to make. These brands and their distribution (or lack thereof) have been discussed jointly/similarly in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano For Someone by Retsacnal @ 02/21/17 06:36 PM

I tend to agree with the folks who say "don't surprise" someone with a piano. An old friend and colleague of mine decided to get his girlfriend a banjo for her birthday, because she had mentioned in passing that she'd like one. He was ple
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Retsacnal @ 02/21/17 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By tend to rushOriginally Posted By AZ_AstroOriginally Posted By tend to rushOriginally Posted By RetsacnalIs there a piano genre? What are the best titles? I'm always looking for something to read! See this thread. See also:
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sinfonia 13 - which fingering is best? (examples)
by hexentanz
02/23/17 08:42 PM
New Knabe upright or Hailun upright
by anninkc
02/23/17 06:54 PM
Greatest piano work by nationality
by pianoloverus
02/23/17 06:30 PM
RD-2000 or CP4?
by Macsaint777
02/23/17 05:41 PM
Is note guessing bad?
by Cutestpuppie
02/23/17 02:16 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,778 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,685 Topics
2,601,272 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission