Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (AmateurBob, Almaviva, accordeur, 36251, anamnesis, Anne'sson, 17 invisible), 1573 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff Prelude, Op. 32 no. 10 by Menachem @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

My name is Menachem Har-Zahav and I am a touring concert pianist. I've played in the US, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Holland and Germany. I currently live in Germany and play about 60-70 concerts per year depending on how many can be scheduled. I don'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about VAT by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 05:21 AM

I purchased a Bechstein in Germany and the dealer subtracted the German VAT (19%) and then added back the Swiss VAT (8%). This was a dealer near the Swiss border who regular dealt with Swiss customers. In Switzerland, you are supposed to declare anyt
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by LarryShone @ Yesterday at 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsLarry Shone You had fun wi that. Why not try extending the arpeggios for a bit . . . more fun? You doin` fine, buddy. Playing around often produces surprises! Thanks. Its fun to play around
Member Recordings
Hello EMPIRE, Mariah Carey and Jussie Smollett fans, Here is my piano cover on their new duet song called "Infamous" in the EMPIRE series. It has an awesome Chorus! Enjoy~ Piano Cover https://youtu.be/cdbUBEWjoFc Piano Tutorial ht
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By LarryShoneOriginally Posted By EvaldasAnd also try turning up the volume and abruptly pressing down the damper pedal with your foot with highest and lowest string resonance setting :-) That is weird. Haunted house type sound!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz melodica - tutorial by Nahum @ Yesterday at 04:15 AM

Exercise 1: take the text of any familiar song, pronounce it rhythmically, whispering into the inlet slit, while pressing any key. For example: One, two, three o’clock, four o’clock, rock. If to pronounce with the sound aloud , most of the air w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need opinion on 13 year old son by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 03:10 AM

1. He's quite good 2. He's 13 years old 3. All of these are devilishly difficult works I'm not sure if there's anything in particular that's wrong. He obviously has been spending time on the piano, otherwise he wouldn't be able to play these with su
Jump to new posts Re: Sweeping ? by Hi there @ Yesterday at 12:32 AM

Good information there Farmerjones - thank you @36251 - lol
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Op. 15 No. 2, Op. 52 by D. S. F. @ Yesterday at 12:18 AM

My mind was expecting op. 15 no. 1 which made this relaxing video rather jarring. My advice is pedal louder, stomp if you have to. p.s. Beautiful fingers.
Jump to new posts Looking for Sheet Music (VNV Nation) by Cassiesmom @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Hey Folks, I've been looking for sheet music for the VNV Nation Song "Nova". Specifically the Largo version from the Resonance Album. I love the Bach-like accompaniment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFkiHnTeYh0 I realize that i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thanks Chuck. The Pinblock on the "Violyn Plate" is slanting opposite to that photo, but I was working on an old Chickering that has a slant similar to the Weber.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by hreichgott @ 09/28/16 09:02 PM

Some food for thought from Matthew Bengtson's article (thanks Mark): Quote: Both visions of the work are possible—the playful diversion by Beethoven to put an upstart composer in his proper place, as a publisher of other people’s music, or the
Adult Beginners Forum
Such wide chords happen a lot in late romantic composers, etc. Skriabin had rather small hands and wrote tons of such things without waved marks or similar signs. So if the composer himself can't physically play his piece as written, the pianist is c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by Carey @ 09/28/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By Steph4I bought a new Kawai 506 (Ebony Satin). I think it will be good for lessons for my younger kids and I like the way it looks. I honestly did like the sound of the Essex, but we can always upgrade to something more substantia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Novice question by Qazsedcft @ 09/28/16 02:23 PM

That piece is really simple. It's just a melody with some chord accompaniment. I think it could be done much earlier than 2 years, but it all depends of course.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Jeff ClefThe first time I read this... "...the keys will be different because Hanon's pattern uses only 5 fingers..." ...I thought the poster might be a person with a mutation which had gifted him or her with a sixth
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What song is this? by Qazsedcft @ 09/28/16 02:09 PM

Yes it sounds like an improv rather than a specific composition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by OrgantoPiano @ 09/28/16 01:42 PM

I wonder if the action was rebuilt and regulated to be a bit more stout (probably a bad descriptive term) because it's a public instrument and will be played a lot and possibly abused? When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, the main recit
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: I think this one will be my next by PhilipInChina @ 09/28/16 01:04 PM

It doesn't skate about much. Been doing a bit of work on the case today. Once things are finished, photos will follow.
Adult Beginners Forum
You're confusing 'average' with 'mean average'. The median is also an average. There are many 'averages' in statistics. A piano teacher's qualification is meaningless - again, it's a relationship as much as a service, but you're likely to spend m
Jump to new posts Re: HELP! Major problems with my MP11 by Marko in Boston @ 09/28/16 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By mezzopianoOriginally Posted By JoBertHa! You managed to create a "virus" for your own piano! Glad to hear it's working again! Totally! Now I only need to blackmail myself - either myself pays me or I put the virus
Member Recordings
Hello TVB and 謝安琪 Kay Tse enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the upcoming new drama called 《巾幗梟雄》 《諜血長天》 主題曲 - 《孤嶺花》 sung by the awesome singer Kay Tse. Enjoy this beautiful melodious tune Piano Cove
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Irishblue @ 09/28/16 09:18 AM

Thanks MacMacMac. That was my thinking too. Although I am somewhat limited in where I can go, I am going to try a few stores within a few hours' drive to see if I can do better. Next thread from me should be the proper "prices paid" form
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Cabinet Refinishing tips and wisdom by Chuck Behm, CPT-E @ 09/28/16 09:04 AM

Mr. Zebra - I don't know if you're on Facebook or not, but if you are, have a look at my page if you would like to see the processes that go into restoring (including refinishing) a piano. I post updates of current shop projects on my page showing t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright piano "PETROF" which changed the lives of by Maximillyan @ 09/28/16 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina Teach a man to steal and you feed him for life. better give her one piano and you feed she always, i'm think
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help identifying / finding Steinway replacement part
by jj1807
13 minutes 1 second ago
Ivory II options for solo cocktail jazz
by dmd
Today at 10:10 PM
A possible cause to the stiff action
by James Guo
Today at 09:36 PM
Dorian and Pentatonic Tutorials
by Pete the bean
Today at 09:09 PM
Haggling over a Hamburg Steinway
by James Guo
Today at 08:41 PM
Forum Stats
85,131 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,450 Topics
2,559,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission