Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Al LaPorte, 36251, Adrien, Alan F, 255, aesop, 30 invisible), 1306 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Albunea @ Yesterday at 08:42 AM

Great video, Nahum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by Narj @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung Pretty much anybody can do a little bit of rapid repetition by using more fingers. For instance, even I can do three in a row using R4, R3, and R2 lined up in a row and sliding off the end of the key. That won't cove
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Regarding KlinkKlonk's post of Sokolov playing part of Prokofiev's 7th piano sonata: after listening to this, I listened to Prokofiev's "Fugitive Visions". Then to Richter's playing his 2nd piano sonata. I looked on amazon and ordered Pr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach's Invention No. 1 LH & RH madness by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By DragonPianoPlayer Seriously, to work on left hand / right hand coordination, you need to practice and have lots of patience. It also helps much more to practice lots and lots of pieces, not just one difficult piece for months an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by TrevorM @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

I had a go at a couple of the pieces in Faber's 2A Popular book and I can sight-read them to reasonable level. I have now ordered the 2B book for a little bit more of a challenge. I've also ordered the second Adult book as I think I'll be done with
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by gdguarino @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMGI'll be playing three times a week for a very posh high tea ceremony at the Excelsior Hotel Ernst Unacquainted with the "High Tea Ceremony", I attempted to look up the hotel. It seems they serve a wide se
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Regular tunings or only when it's out of tune? by ChrisVenables @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

Most manufacturers recommend a tuning at least every six months (for domestic use). How much more often than that depends on the quality of the piano, the temperature and humidity swings, how hard you hit the notes and the quality of your piano tune
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional (less than) One Month to Recital Thread by johan d @ Yesterday at 06:55 AM

I will try to record Old French Song from Tchaikovsky's Children's Album, Op.39.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone know of good piano Summer camps in England by zyxwvu @ Yesterday at 06:25 AM

Hey Pover, i've signed up for the Chetham's and I know some members in this forum are going too! please do let us know if you decide to join we could meet up before registration! It's my first time and i'm really looking forward to it!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mic placement: close or far? by zyxwvu @ Yesterday at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By BruceDYou probably are aware of this, but I'll mention it anyway : If your recorder as an "Auto gain" control, make sure it is off. "Auto gain" automatically boosts low volume sounds and lowers louder volume
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/KQvag9lkf-4
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Exercises for syncopation by Nahum @ Yesterday at 05:29 AM

There are a number of books on the subject: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Reading-Text-For-Instruments/dp/0769233775 http://books.google.co.il/books/about/Ho...amp;redir_esc=y http://books.google.co.il/books/about/Rhythm_for_All.html?id=ibskQwAAC
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ebony Satin Hamburg, Two Fallboards by joe80 @ Yesterday at 04:51 AM

Satin finish used to be the standard on Hamburg Steinway until around 1980, although you'll find models in high gloss from earlier than this. All of the Steinways at RSAMD were in Satin finish and the youngest one when I was there was bought in 1996.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: stability of the hands and fingers by Nahum @ Yesterday at 03:56 AM

anamnesis, thanks for your feedback!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by sirwormsalot @ Yesterday at 03:22 AM

I think the Yamaha C3X has a rewarding tone, fast response and EXCELLENT! tuning stability. If you aren't a multi millionaire and need a quality instrument to practise on then I'd recommend looking into one. A good piano should be rewarding to play a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A realization by wr @ Yesterday at 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By Svenno For all the 12 years I've been at the piano, I have used only my first three fingers for any chromatic scale, without the fourth or fifth. Have I been living under a rock? Is this how advanced pianists actually do it? Y
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison between Yamaha GC2 and Kawai RX2 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 02:16 AM

trithai : FAQ - Piano Forum is a read-only forum. Please post your question in one of the regular interactive forums. Regards,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, let's swing Hanon #1 by bolt @ Yesterday at 01:54 AM

Wow, that almost sounds like bebop
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Pump-action player organ missing player section. by kpembrook @ Yesterday at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By gsmonksI just acquired an 1880's player pump organ with the player part missing. It's going to require a lot of restoration. I've only given it a cursory looking over at the moment- haven't found the maker's name so far- enough t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

In keeping with what Ed McMorrow said, I don't encourage people to look for steals as much as I did in the past. As the supply of "great deals" shrinks, the value of some pianos will increase. I've also read some speculation (here on PW) th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Horowitz '86 Moscow Concert Recreated Last Night... by sophial @ Yesterday at 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By Entheomost of the faculty have day jobs (teaching) and although many played from memory some did not. my teacher, who played the mozart sonata, had limited time to prepare, and did a fine job. the excuse for the horowitz recreat
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaMy father was a pharmacist. When anybody asked him what was the best cure for a cold he would always answer "Self employment". Yes !
Member Recordings
This is my first Bach recording since 1963. This prelude is driven by a persistent animated broken-chord figuration. The fugue features three voices and four episodes. The only volumes I could find in my collected scores were the Schirmer’s Czerny
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
J. S. Bach, WTC Vol. 1 Prelude & Fugue No. 2 in Cm This is my first Bach recording since 1963. This prelude is driven by a persistent animated broken-chord figuration. The fugue features three voices and four episodes. The only volumes I could
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by Kawai James @ 04/26/15 10:30 PM

PhilzPiano and JEB NYC, thank you for sharing your shopping experiences, and congratulations on your respective purchases! Kind regards, James x
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
Eisteddfod in 4 days... I think I have RSI
by AtomicBond
04/28/15 06:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,611 Topics
2,400,599 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission