Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (augustm, AZNpiano, Auntie Lynn, Abhishek1997, 23 invisible), 1220 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Change in Username because.... by doremi @ 12/05/16 11:50 PM

Surprise, surprise, the ad hoc 'digital photography review' site does not have a recent review on point and shoot cameras, it is allegedly losing the sales battle against smartphone cameras. Nonetheless, the not-specifically-photography site of PC
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When Did Estonia Become a "Premium" Brand? by ChatNoir @ 12/05/16 11:50 PM

They do, according to their ad on E-bay.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by chopin_r_us @ 12/05/16 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By pabletek... the distance between my elbow and the floor right now is the same as the distance between the upper surface of the keys and the floor... is that correct? No, you should probably be 2
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano adventures: level decision by JRIII86 @ 12/05/16 10:47 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone! I decided to just go with Book C and I'll skip some songs if they're too easy. Though I also liked Piano Lady's idea of doing the last few units of the Primer. Anyway, I'm glad I asked!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Green eggs and ham by Gary D. @ 12/05/16 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By keystringGary, how about the idea that one should be able to read smoothly and at tempo, in the earlier stages - as a trap? If one thinks that way, and if it's wrong, that could lead to great discouragement, is my thinking. And
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to Use Czerny School of Velocity by CD131 @ 12/05/16 09:48 PM

Don't bother.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It seems like a number of the piano tools that are sold work better for another purpose than for what they were originally designed for!
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Aeolian Skinner Organ Roll Scans? by MrWups @ 12/05/16 08:26 PM

I have found 2 sites for these fabulous Roll Playing Residence Pipe Organs – one at http://www.aeolianorgan.com/ and the other at http://aeolianskinner.organsociety.org/ but neither site seems currently attended or answers emails directed to it.
Originally Posted By travis524It seems like "clicking" keys is a common issue with Kawai digitals. I don't believe it's a common issue, given then tens of thousands of wooden-key Kawai digitals sold every year. However, as JoBert noted abo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Do you play piano for weddings and parties? by Redhead1 @ 12/05/16 07:31 PM

I wrote a book a couple weeks ago called Giggin' for a Livin': How to Make Money as a Musician Playing for Weddings and Special Events. The book is free on the Kindle store Kindle store today and tomorrow only and I thought some people here mi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve CohenSpeaking for Piano Buyer I would like to make a few points: 1. The purpose of our Depreciation Schedule is to approximate the value of used pianos in a unique and "unruly" market. It is by no means meant to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Q - Composing / Improvising - Steps by JohnSprung @ 12/05/16 07:12 PM

I'm almost finished writing my first song. It's complete, but I want to give it some time and see if I want to tweak anything. What worked for me, though, may not be relevant for you, because you consciously intend to write music. About six mont
Hello Simon, Again, my apologies that the separate MIDI Settings Manual information is not clearly mentioned in the printed owner's manual. For the CS11, v1.09 is just a minor fix to correct the User EQ frequency ranges, however it doesn't hurt to
That's great to hear, thank you for the positive feedback John! Cheers, James x
Composer's Lounge
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B629FzXZn5GAOE9fNHVJbnVWYUU/view?usp=sharing Here goes then
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Klavimaniac @ 12/05/16 06:03 PM

If the piano is over 100 years old it should satisfy CiTES (before 1975 rule) and fall into the Antique exemption of the new Obama ban (100 years or older). Then the percentage of ivory is irrelevant. Or am I still missing something ? See: https://w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More Yamaha questions!! by Jason74 @ 12/05/16 06:01 PM

My understanding is that the H denotes the variant of the U1 . There are a number of different variants at different times denoting very minor changes between them. You might also see other letters such as M or A. However , as I understand it (and my
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Santa Hats by WhoDwaldi @ 12/05/16 05:53 PM

Two left.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another question about the thumb by Karaba @ 12/05/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By anamnesisOriginally Posted By Tubbie0075Also beware of what your thumb is doing when not being played. I have a bad habit of hanging my thumb too low. Then when I actually need to play it, I have no vertical room to move. My t
Jump to new posts Re: HB Tuner v1.6 (major changes) by Chris Leslie @ 12/05/16 05:09 PM

Hopefully I will get a chance to try it more fully over the Christmas break.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: distance between tones by keystring @ 12/05/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 I'm willing to try just about anything. I'm leary of rejecting some of these approaches on the basis that they're only quick fixes (e.g. interval songs) or traps (e.g. solfege) without having anything better to r
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Want to learn Jazz - looking for song book by Noonie @ 12/05/16 03:24 PM

I stopped by the local music store/school and picked up a few books. Two are in the Faber series, both at a level "2b". They're a little below what I can play, but I should be able to learn them relatively easily, and most importantly - e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by marimorimo @ 12/05/16 02:55 PM

Agree with Philm35, all the suggested names are too long and unwieldy. Sounds like a generic site, not the heavy hitters like Amazon.com. 2-3 syllables is best, but if you want more I would go with a maximum 4 syllables like sheetmusicplus.com how
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by Minna @ 12/05/16 12:49 PM

This may be off the topic a little bit but as a parent I would throw out other thoughts. If your home can accommodate a grand piano and you and your son will advance further, I suggest not ruling out the possibility to own a grand. If you are buyin
Adult Beginners Forum
Birdgolf, Welcome to the forums. You should definitely post your updates in here if you're working through Alfred's AIO #2. T here's only a handful of us that are active on this thread regularly, so an additional person giving updates would be grea
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginners: Strengthening the left hand
by hello my name is
12/08/16 12:43 AM
Problem with recording Yamaha P255
by nylan3
12/07/16 11:01 PM
Watch Trifonov perform live at Carnegie Hall NOW
by pianoloverus
12/07/16 07:59 PM
Going through Alfred (or any method book) with a Teacher
by lakers4sho
12/07/16 07:40 PM
How to structure an improvisation?
by hyena
12/07/16 06:36 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,809 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,856 Topics
2,576,963 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission