Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
148 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, Almaviva, ajames, ALEXANDER DYKER, 43 invisible), 1780 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by Erik BerikHerik @ Yesterday at 03:07 AM

No, you can slice the whole thing up into small segments of the song and do the different parts for left and right hand seperately and at a slow pace until your able to play the whoe song.. I think this program is one of the easiest ways to learn sig
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano technique by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By: chopin_r_usLaissez tomber les mains. Maybe it's just the French .... but you said in "quatre mots" .... everything I struggled with in hundreds. Chopin actually.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM Show 2015 - See You There? by Piano World @ Yesterday at 12:32 AM

Always great to see you Don. We will be back tomorrow to play some pianos
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visit to Lighthammer Piano by Ed A. Hall @ 01/24/15 11:57 PM

Very true. Looks very similar but could be a basket case therefore the price. Buyer beware. Probably needs everything and possibly undoing of work done in the past. So many are fitted with inappropriate hammers that are much too heavy and hard.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: drasticmeasuresNow, after a little internet research (which is always totally accurate), there seems to be a general consensus that the "B"'s are older pianos made in Indonesia. Supposedly
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie!! by Charles Cohen @ 01/24/15 11:24 PM

Suggestion: . . . Don't think of a digital piano as a "lifetime purchase". The F-20 will be fine for learning, for a few years at least. If you eventually say: . . . "I need something better -- my piano is limiting my playing"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pramberger? by Bosendorff @ 01/24/15 11:18 PM

A couple of years ago I tried a 5'9" Pramberger and it sounded good for its price, with a responsive action. Nothing wrong with this brand that I know of.
Jump to new posts Re: Can't get rid of crackles with Vintage D by Charles Cohen @ 01/24/15 11:09 PM

FWIW (I use Pianoteq, not Vintage D) -- You might try downloading "LatencyMon" -- http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon It may detect what's taking so long that the buffer is emptied, and you get a crack or pop in the sound. On my PC (
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia piano quality question by phacke @ 01/24/15 10:52 PM

RE: Brasso Picture An image of the back would reveal it is not to be used on lacquered surfaces, unless one has the intention of removing the lacquer over the brass completely. Brasso is for metal surfaces.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 by Volusiano @ 01/24/15 10:50 PM

Thanks, pv88. I didn't clarify but it's my daughter who bought it, but she doesn't post on this forum so I thought I'd share it with forum members here in case somebody is in the market for an N3 in LA who can benefit from the info. She was conside
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday SwissMS by FarmGirl @ 01/24/15 09:51 PM

Happy a Happy Birthday! It was very nice meeting you in person. Enjoyed your live performance as well. Have a wonderful day and many more. K
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by dewster @ 01/24/15 09:24 PM

The VAX, while a noble project, was IMO much to gold plated to be a successful product. I really liked their continuous sensor approach, but I would have done it capacitively rather than with Hall effect devices. The folding thing was pretty stupid
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
It's not a major problem 3-6.. DF
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by EM Deeka @ 01/24/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoblues flat 7 and EM Deeka, Thanks for the info! The funding goal is still a long way off, but hopefully funding will pick up before the deadline. The funding site format is also not entirely intuitive. When
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Design by John v.d.Brook @ 01/24/15 08:10 PM

Maybe it'll be on display at the Musikmesse in March.
The cough experiment did not reveal anything to me. I could not hear it strings .. BTW, I just realized even when I pay a whole piece just as Beethoven's Fuer Ellis, I hear a ringing tone most of the time, so it does not become inaudible ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ever wonder which composers are performed the most? by argerichfan @ 01/24/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Orange Soda KingSorry Mark, but I agree than when it comes to all kinds of concerts (orchestra, opera, chamber, choral, solo instruments), I can see why it makes sense Chopin would not be top 10. Who knows, maybe he's number 11?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Examples of Vivaldi's counterpoint by Dave B @ 01/24/15 06:42 PM

There is a point in which all fugues sound alike. Its just a characteristic of the technique. Yet, even without knowing what was going on in the music before transitioning into the fugue, I don't think Vivaldi would mind. Who said, "Good music
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand Spankin' New by Akuden @ 01/24/15 05:55 PM

Thanks for all the help friends!
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Paul678 @ 01/24/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: David BoyceI too have had good experiences with 'cheap' CA glue. To my delight, a 1 ounce bottle I bought in a "dollar store" turned out to be water thin, and worked very well. And next time I went to the same store
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP525 or YDP162? by peterws @ 01/24/15 05:29 PM

You know, you're better off just trying em all out. Some will rankle for whatever reason. Others will strike a chord. Yamaha's are probably better for reliability and certainly for resale IMO. I tried them all before settling for an upgrade on my
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: laguna_greg Can you imagine saying to anyone that they only need to read a language, but never speak it out loud, or be able to understand it when spoken to? It would be ridiculous! That's how we teach music in this country th
Hey James, did Kawai ever fix the cause of my crash? I tried to update again and got the same crash, so it is repeatable.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do you have a specific drive? by wr @ 01/24/15 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JonnyJohnOriginally Posted By: wrFWIW, I rarely notate compositions - I just do them in my head and let it go at that. But, speaking of drive, for some reason that is totally mysterious to me, in the last few weeks I have disco
The unit turned out to be a dud and the new one is working great. The problem I'm having now seems to be crackles/pops unique to Vintage D itself and not the hardware from what I can tell. Started up a new thread on that.
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MP11 as MIDI controller + USB to host
by Morodiene
01/26/15 10:30 AM
Lime Kiln Field Day: historic silent film with live piano
by hreichgott
01/26/15 09:32 AM
The New New York Steinway store
by WiseBuff
01/26/15 09:08 AM
[As off topic as possible] Greek Elections
by Nikolas
01/25/15 11:11 PM
Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not?
by hoodun
01/25/15 10:27 PM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160928 Topics
2364194 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission