Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In search of an acoustic by johan d @ Yesterday at 02:54 AM

Well i don't think the piano is that worse, but the deal went off because i let my son play on it before buying and he rather played our digital more than this one. As i don't want to take away his enthusiasm (and he has), I search some more to find
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Appropriate way to ask questions? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Pover I want to ask the teacher at the conservatory whether or not they know the pieces I want to learn, and if they know how to help me or not. But I want to ask them in a polite way, and avoid sounding condescending or anythi
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: This is punny by leel @ Yesterday at 02:27 AM

Groan
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please analyse and comment on this tuning-thanks by tonyster220763 @ Yesterday at 02:20 AM

Hello friends and thanks for your input. The reason I'm asking is that I have it seems the false impression, that if one clearly hears the beats in a chord (between unisons), then the unisons are good. The way I figured (falsely it seems) is that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin by Elene @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

I hope you enjoy "Chopin: Pianist and Teacher," Batuhan. It's a must for anyone who is seriously studying Chopin, I think. Maybe not something to read straight through, because there is so very much information in it, but a great book to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Linus and Lucy Swing Section by SapporoDave @ Yesterday at 01:12 AM

Haha, I didn't look at the date. Just goes to show that nothing ever dies on the internet! The book looks good. It would be interesting to find out first if his swing parts are different from mine. Best Wishes, Dave
Piano Teachers Forum
Ultimately, at the end of the day, people must have a passion for learning the piano. It takes too long, and involves too much work, over years, to stick with it unless there is a driving passionate motivation to learn to play well. Passion is the e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1983 Hamburg Steinway A by angga888 @ 10/19/14 10:21 PM

Hamburg Steinway commands higher resale price especially in USA, because of its rarity. Quality wise, I am sure the newer NY Steinway has been catching up with the Hamburg counterparts, so for that amount of money, you could consider recent-model NY
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland 300GX. Advice please. by anotherscott @ 10/19/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonGot to say that Kurz sounds very nice and rock solid build BUT they really should address the action. It's ok, sort of a GHS-ish kind of light peculiar action. Not bad by any means, but deserves better on a nice D
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP-155C vs Hailun HG 161 by Emissary52 @ 10/19/14 09:03 PM

Paleostudent - Before you make your decision, I suggest you try a Ritmuller GH160R and a GH170R. Ritmuller and Essex pianos are both made by Pearl River. The Essex and Ritmuller pianos sound much nicer than the equivalent-sized models in the Pearl Ri
Piano Forum
I will confess that I bought my first piano off of a truck, about 40 years ago. A guy rang my doorbell and said he was selling them and had a dozen on his 18-wheeler and asked if I would be interested. I lived in the most modest house in a neighbor
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Kawai CA65 functions by Kawai James @ 10/19/14 08:21 PM

Hello ColinDS, I responded to your query in the other thread, here. Kind regards, James x
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Experimental piece by JoelW @ 10/19/14 06:21 PM

Nikolas, In what way is it random?
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Jazz Pianists and Compositions by T E Bekken @ 10/19/14 03:58 PM

Check out Lafayette Gilchrist. He used to play with David Murray, as well as his own band The New Volcanoes. Just recently, he released a wonderful solo piano album; 'The View From Here'.
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by Nahum @ 10/19/14 03:40 PM

Mark, I do not know - if I can answer to your post, which was removed?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Romance in F minor - WOW! by Pover @ 10/19/14 03:30 PM

Heather I just saw your post, sorry! That contains a wealth of music! And it's great to know that all of it was from members of this forum! I need a place like this in real life... BDB, thanks for the suggestions. Now that you mention Tchaikovsky
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by torquenale @ 10/19/14 02:58 PM

Great SwissSM!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ronsen Hammers by Miguel Rey @ 10/19/14 02:29 PM

All cold pressed. But best to call ronsen direct.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Op. 25 No. 1 by DameMyra @ 10/19/14 02:13 PM

This is a piece that also benefits from practicing in broken rhythms.
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on Baby Grand Piano : KAWAI GE 1 vs KAWAI GM-10K by terminaldegree @ 10/19/14 01:17 PM

I agree with wimpiano on both counts - post this in the correct section for more answers. You are looking at used, entry-level, very small grand pianos. Speaking as a teacher, I would not perceive of much of a benefit in the actions of these over a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amsterdam; play me....grand piano by Johan B @ 10/19/14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: noelpianoHaha, inspiring stuff. Would be great to have the skills to just sit down and play in public like that. Yes, Noel.....I only can play from sheetmusic ......so I can only sit down and play from my iPad...... I like it
Jump to new posts Re: Please show me how to play this song!! by Nahum @ 10/19/14 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: MrSnrub What software did you use?? I use two softwares : my dear old Sibelius 4 and my good old ears ( without forgetting the experience ).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs. Taylor London - purchase advice needed by terminaldegree @ 10/19/14 12:50 PM

I agree with both posts above. If the Yamaha owner won't budge on the price, demand that the piano be tuned prior to sale so you can properly evaluate the tone of it. Because, you can't evaluate the tone of a piano that was delivered new and never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by jotur @ 10/19/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JimFIt was great to read your updated entries today, Sam. After 10 days I'd begun worrying you had a problem of some kind....other than the ones you face every day. Hoping your foot feels better soon. Jim +1 I was beginnin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'm a newb! by SchubertSerenade @ 10/19/14 12:14 PM

Well, I have decided to ask the fellow who is coming to tune the piano for a recommendation for a piano teacher for both my daughter and myself. He services pianos frequently in my area, surely he can recommend someone. Right now, I'm working on ma
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall
by Works1
10/21/14 12:53 PM
Steinway event
by Radio.Octave
10/21/14 11:18 AM
Who's Online
144 registered (ajames, accordeur, A Guy, 33 invisible), 1834 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76608 Members
42 Forums
158401 Topics
2326108 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission