Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (Almaviva, ando, ambrozy, accordeur, 36251, 21 invisible), 1472 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Six Variations on "Nel cor piu non me sento" by Vid @ Yesterday at 01:46 AM

Six Variations on "Nel cor piu non me sento" By Beethoven of course. Its a work in progress so suggestions and feedback is welcome.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
PS. this will sell out soon.
Member Recordings
[NEW] Porter Robinson & Madeon - "Shelter" (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial by Amosdoll) Recently, a short film called "Shelter" with beautiful music by Porter Robinson & Madeon was trending all over YouTube. Here is my pian
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Ferenc - La Campanella by BruceD @ 10/23/16 08:28 PM

I think that you need to work with a metronome to get your tempi even. It's not about speed, it's about whatever tempo you can maintain and staying with it. At this point in your practice, it shouldn't be about just hitting the right notes, but hit
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Reading your reply got me to try the damper pedals on both of my pianos, and the sound is different on each of them. The Mason & Hamlin only makes a low whoosh, while the Steinway has a high-pitched zing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anton Reicha Op 36 No 32 Question by Cassiesmom @ 10/23/16 07:24 PM

Thanks so much for the response. I thought perhaps there was a trick to this .. but .. just tricky I suppose !. I don't think I'll be able to tackle it.. I don't believe my brain is wired to figure it out easily. RATS...it's such a charmer.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by OrgantoPiano @ 10/23/16 06:57 PM

I have the same experience on my N2 and under certain musical situations, it's annoying. I've found it doesn't happen if you don't push the damper pedal all the way down. I tend to play with a lot of half damper and less, rather than more damper, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to give up on learning the piano? by SadieLady @ 10/23/16 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By Ralphiano Gut the kitchen and make it into a piano room. There are lots of restaurants that deliver! Originally Posted By PianoperformanceHaha, Sadie, I am with you on that one..chores galore. ..they have to wait, hub is coo
Pianist Corner
I remember hearing the Brahms on the radio in Boston, a couple times, years ago. I just went looking for the recording online and couldn't find it, though I did find a reference to his performing it in 1900.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland DP603 by TDRKZ @ 10/23/16 04:44 PM

This is interesting. I'm currently looking at buying a Roland HP603 for roughly $2500 in satin. From what I'm understanding, there is no difference in either sound or action on the DP603 and it costs $500 less. I guess I'd have to add in a bench, how
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz melodica - tutorial by Nahum @ 10/23/16 03:30 PM

For students the most interesting in melodica – to play in an ensemble of melodicas . Children specially love it very much! You already know that to perform the rhythm on melodica isn’t difficult. In the case of duo, the second melodica gives har
Adult Beginners Forum
This is actually a good piece for discussing ornaments. If you have mordents showing in meas. 3, 5, 11, and 13, they would be played on the beat. But their presence hints that mordents could be added, on the repeat for example, on the first or secon
Piano Forum
start with any note, ascend two whole steps, you have a major third. [example, A to B to C#, the A-C# is a major third] ; if you ascend a whole step and then a half step, you're at a minor third [A to B to C natural, A-C is a minor third] ; your majo
Composer's Lounge
Very good! I like how the elements of the piece seem familiar, but are put together in ways that are always surprising.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sprunck manufacturer? by M. Laura Linares @ 10/23/16 02:09 PM

so It'll rather become a piece furniture than an instrument. thank you for the data! I don't understand why all the shitty pianos in europe ended up in Argentina, perhaps they came along with those nazis (?). Here it's full of cheap birdcages and thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Christine Brown's Piano Music by dogperson @ 10/23/16 01:06 PM

I haven't played any of Christine Brown's arrangements-- but I do like them, and just ordered some. If you are looking for Christmas music, also look at James koerts http://koertsmusic.com/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Edition for Annees de pelerinage? by gooddog @ 10/23/16 12:27 PM

I have the Peter's/Sauer edition and I hated working with it but it's been so long, I can't remember why. It might have been the printing quality and the fingering. Henle is always reliable.
I like the Hal Leonard Jazz Piano Solo Series, but they vary in difficulty. http://www.halleonard.com/search/search....sultsperpage=60 Steinway has some interesting books under their own imprint, but they vary in difficulty and availability. This i
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by Bosendorff @ 10/23/16 10:50 AM

While I agree that certain aspects of APs don't need to be reproduced in DPs (for example, pedal thumps, no dampers on the highest keys, etc.), other ones like string resonance certainly help one believe the DP is closer to an AP sound. I went to c
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Jt2nd Was there enough water there for fountains at that time? Run off from the mountains maybe . There is a very especial place in Granada, which is La Alhambra. It has magic. And lots of fountains. If Albéniz was visiting,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 214VC? by Corvus @ 10/23/16 10:35 AM

I played a 280 VC at the local dealer's yesterday afternoon; they had just gotten it in since my previous visit about a month ago. It was very nice! I also enjoyed the 200, which is a little more concievably in my price range.
Jump to new posts Re: PIANO TECH TOOLS AVAILABLE ! by bkw58 @ 10/23/16 10:33 AM

We thank everyone who has shown an interest in the tools, parts, etc. via posting and PM. We have enough requests to make a decision by Monday morning 10/24/2016. If you are interested you may wish to let us know by the end of today, Sunday 10/23/
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about piano tuner job by Bob @ 10/23/16 10:01 AM

If you focus on repair and restoring, tuning will be a very small part your job, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are planning tuning on the road, or in a store or university (3 to 7 pianos a day), then that might be an issue for you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is your sheet music buying out of control? by Pianoperformance @ 10/23/16 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By RalphianoOriginally Posted By PianoperformanceLol..he thinks he has to buy storage unit for my music... That's ridiculous! Just add a room onto the house! Haha,,apartment living..not sure my neighbours will like that proje
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"European style" Dampers
by jdevajames
10/25/16 09:42 PM
Need technical advice on a 1990 Young Chang G185
by Scott Young DC
10/25/16 09:08 PM
Does this seem too good to be true?
by Piano90X
10/25/16 06:00 PM
RIP Grandpianoman
by Mark Fontana
10/25/16 05:24 PM
My new YT video - 3 Louis Jordan tunes
by indigo_dave
10/25/16 04:33 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,359 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,970 Topics
2,565,810 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission