Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Chopin Op 69 No 2 in 4 hours (Need help) by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/23/14 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: eirikgWithout you, my piano lesson would have been an utter failure. So thank you very much, I'm in your debt Am I missing something here? As far as I can see, you would have had exactly nine m
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mixer for live-use by Oasismfg @ 10/23/14 05:07 PM

A hum usually means a ground loop exists in the system, and by using a DI box you're effectively isolating the ground from one part of your system (your keyboard) to the rest of your system. That means your are addressing the symptom instead of the
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by leafhound @ 10/23/14 04:48 PM

I tend to stay away from anything with sliders on.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by bkw58 @ 10/23/14 03:51 PM

Message placed in wrong field. Withdrawn.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Sounding Strings at Break by SMHaley @ 10/23/14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: lamhfhadaHi there sorry for the late reply I was away from the piano for a few days. I have tried plucking the strings and they still sound dead compared to the other strings in the bass section. So Im guessing my problem is in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ferdinand "???" Piano from Vienna? by TheloniousPunk @ 10/23/14 03:31 PM

Heitzmann! Thanks! It was driving me crazy. I doubt it has any life left in it, but for $700, it's worth checking.
Piano Forum
Hi Sam, The CVP range are good pianos but they are mainly for music production in both amateur and professional fields. They have a lot of studio functions, different instruments etc. The CLP range is focused on being a piano replacement without an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ambitious Jazz beginner by Mark Polishook @ 10/23/14 03:03 PM

Ruan, because you used the word "ambitious" in your original post another piece of advice is get yourself a great (not just "good") teacher. Someone who really knows how to teach jazz can save you a lot more time than you'd imagin
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: Johan BShe says spontaneously suprised.......THOSE ARE A LOT OF NOTES...... Lol, just like Amadeus the movie! Did you respond like Mozart and say, "there are exactly as many as required.&qu
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Weird Viennese Piano by TheloniousPunk @ 10/23/14 02:19 PM

Posted here for reference in a forum post.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by Morodiene @ 10/23/14 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: A ReboursOriginally Posted By: Morodiene For 3 weeks now I have had very direct conversations with this student, telling her specifically how I think she should practice at home, and each week she comes in not having done any o
Piano Forum
In the UK, when buying a new piano, it seems to depend on which brand you buy. Steinway from an agent (that isn't Steinway Hall in London) sell the piano on behalf of Steinway London, who then pay the factory cost directly to Hamburg or New York (9
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI LabsÖ First Look and Sound by Superbaffone @ 10/23/14 01:00 PM

I love this vst Body and Soul
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Beemer @ 10/23/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: DoelKeesOne thing seems clear. Understanding unisons is not rocket science, it's much more complicated than that! Kees It seem to be much time consuming, and necessitate expensive equipment (plus a
Originally Posted By: R_BI am NOT up to date with all this, but if you go the software route with a GOOD keyboard, e.g. Kawai VPC there are a couple of things to bear in mind a) The "open" architecture allows updates/upgrades over time as t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Wrist by TimR @ 10/23/14 11:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_zRmb-0u0
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Strings at Break by lamhfhada @ 10/23/14 11:19 AM

Strings at Break
Jump to new posts Re: Something is missing... by EmptySpace @ 10/23/14 11:09 AM

Looks like the stellar labs 555-13830 to me. I use it for my VPC1 and am truly impressed. Very solid, no movement, shaking, etc. Plenty of leg room, adjustable height. Very easy set-up. Not really meant to be portable. I bought it for around $4
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by Pathbreaker @ 10/23/14 11:02 AM

It sounds lovely with default settings and after ruining it I just return to default and try again. While it sounds good at default, it can be better but most importantly it's not properly responsive to my actions without some help. But that's just m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by jotur @ 10/23/14 10:37 AM

newbert - keep us posted. I've always liked the music the Piano Magic players around here played. I'd love to hear some of them in the piano bars or recitals. Cathy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by Rickster @ 10/23/14 10:10 AM

Well, if an older piano has a name on the fallboard, or plate, and a serial number, most likely an approximate age can be determined; as far as its worth, itís worth what a buyer is willing to pay (perhaps to the dismay of the seller). I donít know
Jump to new posts Re: Help for first purchasing! Need some suggestions. by anotherscott @ 10/23/14 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Zanna83it seems to me that the volume is quite low (from internal speaker) also at maximum level.. i mean that for me playing it's enough but when at maximum level, i would define it "normal" rather than "high&quo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary Etude by Works1 @ 10/23/14 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Hakkihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxpP8K9H6Jk I play this at the indicated tempo and as an etude. But this makes it rather dry and lifeless You better play it slower but with more drama. Your friends will like it more that w
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Slow Loading of Pianoworld.com Website by shah @ 10/23/14 07:03 AM

Hi, I am having this issue. It takes a long time for pianoworld.com to load on my iPad. In comparison, other sites load really quickly on the same iPad.
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 with IOS device by Kawai James @ 10/23/14 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: JdjebWhy aren't Kawai adding this in a update? I'm sure if we could, we would. However, unfortunately I gather it's a limitation with the USB controller chip used in the VPC1, which was adopted from the MP10. Kind regards, Ja
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
Today at 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Who's Online
49 registered (custard apple, ando, CyberGene, Dave Weiser, AZNpiano, bjorn of brekkukot, 11 invisible), 1073 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158486 Topics
2327443 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission