Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
97 registered (al reds, anamnesis, Bortholomew, Blues beater, Amosdoll, 20 invisible), 1414 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by bogbrush @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

I have progressive lenses which go from close reading distance to computer distance. I don't use glasses for distance viewing (driving, watching TV, etc.) I have found that whilst I can wear the progressives for piano playing and reading the score,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by PianoMath @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By Albert BrightenLessons are taught in tiers 1-7 though you purchase a subscription of 3 levels: 1-3, 3-5, or 5-7. I'm doing 3-5 and usually starting at the 4 first. 6 & 7's are very challenging unless you regularly play in a b
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A Ride On the Wind by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Very effective! I can really feel the wind beneath me lifting me to the heavens. Thanks for another delicious treat!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts The Pesky Plumber by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

http://picosong.com/zJcS/
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone please give me a free link for VST by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesHere you go.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Also, here's some pics for anyone who's interested: https://goo.gl/photos/wSfm4nZ6jo5ppK7y9
Member Recordings
Thanks for the dreamy unforgettable childhood memories! "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams!" #WillyWonka #GeneWilder RIP 1933-2016 Piano Cover of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination" https://youtu.be/dMpL3yS
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by Tim P @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By OrgantoPianoI have to agree. When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, I had the wonderful opportunity to sing several times a year with the New York Philharmonic. Watching the oboists before the concert was fascinating
Pianist Corner
This sounds simply grand! Congratulations on getting to premiere and tour with this piece. I'm sure it'll be quite successful and a lot of fun. I hope a CD or DVD is made, I'd buy it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Hyperactivity by Polyphonist @ 08/29/16 09:27 PM

http://picosong.com/zmi4/
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtHV4BAz-4
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts NPTG syllabus--help!!! by chasingrainbows @ 08/29/16 09:05 PM

I have a few parents who are very interested in competitions for their children. Interestingly, it's the students who can't read notes well, are not musical, do not want to sight sing, and/or lack rhythm. I received a draft syllabus from the Guild
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 anyone? by cphollis @ 08/29/16 09:04 PM

I expect to hear much more in the next few weeks. Looks like the supply chain has just opened up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by Scordatura @ 08/29/16 08:36 PM

Hi halford, No way are you "cheating", as I'm sure the vast number of seasoned professional musicians who routinely use it would agree! Firstly, using a metronome - if you understand how to time yourself to it, as you seem to - is highly a
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Shanghai Artmann 88 keys UP126A2 vertical upright piano by Artmann-piano @ 08/29/16 08:27 PM

Brand: Artmann Model: UP126A2 Type: Upright Piano/ Vertical piano Size (L*W*H): 1515*615*1260mm/ 59.65*24.21*49.61 inch/ 4.97*2.02*4.13 ft Color: Ebony/ black gloss Keys: 88 keys Material: Solid wood keyboard Technology: Weight balance leaded
Jump to new posts Steinway B 1903 by Bob Lewis @ 08/29/16 07:49 PM

Restored about 20 Years ago.PERFECT board with great projection ThePianoStore.com
Pianist Corner
The sonatinas of Schubert and Dvorak are nice and not too demanding.
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Daniel Richter @ 08/29/16 05:31 PM

My 2 cents on all this subject: Trying in person the digital pianos before you buy is ideal, but by great part of the world impossible. Also there is a lot that you can't notes in a simple test playing the piano. Specifications that manufactures gav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: East Coast Piano Dealers (NYC, Boston, nearby cities) by Patrick Draine @ 08/29/16 04:52 PM

You've gotten some good advice. I'll add a few. Jude Reveley RPT aka Absolute Piano Restoration, 171 Lincoln St, Lowell MA (978) 323-4545. Chris Pleim (RPT) Piano Service, 65R Sprague St, 2nd Fl., Hyde Park, MA (617) 783-1030. As you indicated an in
Jump to new posts Model A 3 Steinway ThePianoStore.com by Bob Lewis @ 08/29/16 04:23 PM

Over 50 Steinway Pianos Will Phone quote lower than our website. We ship worldwide
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by doughnut hole @ 08/29/16 04:15 PM

I agree with your comments, except for your kind words about 'the notes', which unfortunately failed me in the coda of the Ballade. I simply can't play it at that tempo, no matter how much I may wish to!
Jump to new posts Art Deco Steinway 1942, Teague ThePianoStore.com by Bob Lewis @ 08/29/16 03:10 PM

See more Steinways at ThePianoStore.com High Performance at Low Prices
Adult Beginners Forum
mom3gram thank you for the nice comments about my Bach piece. I'm glad you're going to get some time back on the piano. Plasir d'Amour and Introduction and Dance were both really enjoyable pieces to learn. Good luck with them! My update for this wee
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Goldfinger (Bond) question by JohnSprung @ 08/29/16 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisDon't bother with the sostenuto pedal. ........ +1. It's a bad idea to get accustomed to sostenuto. Many fine pianos don't have it in the first place, and on many that do, it doesn't work. It's an idea in limbo from
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein 5'9" by gooddog @ 08/29/16 02:22 PM

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks a Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now. A fun gift for the musician in your life (or maybe just for yourself).
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coming back to playing after 25 year break
by Inna
08/31/16 11:13 PM
Some describe this left hand pattern as "clave", it's not...
by rintincop
08/31/16 11:04 PM
Linking MIDI Keyboards for Control.
by Bouncy Nugget
08/31/16 07:47 PM
Buying a Core Piano for Restoration
by Miguel Rey
08/31/16 02:44 PM
Byron Janis article
by Keith D Kerman
08/31/16 01:39 PM
Forum Stats
84,832 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,883 Topics
2,552,015 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission