Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Prelude Op.28 No.4 - Suggestions by AZ_Astro @ 07/22/14 07:36 PM

I just listened to the soundcloud recording and felt it was very presentable! Nice job! A little more rubato perhaps but that comes down to individuality. And the final three chords are an octave lower, I believe. Listen to this, my favorite reco
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed fellow pianists! Kawai CA95 vs CS10 by Kawai James @ 07/22/14 07:27 PM

Thank you for the positive feedback Morty. James x
Pianist Corner
Hard to believe a thread where the signal to noise ratio is so badly out of whack could have gone on for so long. Now fixed. Thread closed.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique by Minnesota Marty @ 07/22/14 06:12 PM

When I was a student, some of my teachers would back me into a corner, or make me stand in one.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Fugue in F, for 3 voices by Sweet06 @ 07/22/14 06:03 PM

its excellent@=!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix Piano Club by FarmGirl @ 07/22/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06OMG!!! i'm in phoenix. i want to go to these!!! Farmgirl can anyone go? Will send u PM
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by joe80 @ 07/22/14 05:18 PM

Hi Barnard, the 85 note model B and A are still rebuilt at Steinway Hamburg, they turn out more or less the same except for the top three notes, but yeah I know it's an important point and difference because it limits repertoire,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music by bennevis @ 07/22/14 05:05 PM

One of today's foremost (forte)pianists has interesting things to say about Mozart's keyboard style, ornamentation (and its implementation), the use of rubato.....and pianos. He also touches on Beethoven and Schumann. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02316
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Greener @ 07/22/14 04:57 PM

Hello Sam, I have and will continue to follow with much interest. Clearly, you are not a newbie to this. It is very inspirational. Next time I start whining on my second K of a two kilometer canoe portage, I'll be thinking of you and ... I will sto
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And what about this one? by Markarian @ 07/22/14 04:40 PM

I played that for like, a minute. Pretty slick, but a bit out of my price range.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by TwoSnowflakes @ 07/22/14 04:30 PM

I'll get right on it. Or, thinking better of it, I might as well keep working on making the Brahms sound good because my audience is unsatisfied with it as it stands. My audience is, of course, a small select club of only two people: me and my pi
Piano Forum
Haha good one Joe. Nah I don't reckon I'll be posting that very soon, I'm not that daft, I know what I can realistically spend, and that is a no-go for me, atleast for another 20-30 years anyway. All's I was saying was, the Weinbach looks naff to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by SMHaley @ 07/22/14 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner Here are pictures of the "spanner" that I made and use. I strive for pure 3:1 12th with plain wires and the most resonant octave and 12th with wound strings. That is quite clever!
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by petes1 @ 07/22/14 03:45 PM

USER LOCATION: eastern North Carolina MAKE: Roland MODEL: RD-800 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $$2,325.00 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: On-line VENDOR NAME: Kraft Music PURCHASE DATE: July 22, 2014
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My fingers know what my brain has forgotten by PatrickBl @ 07/22/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LXXXVIIIdentes[...] The combination of brain and hands is a fascinating puzzle to work with, isn't it? Fascinating is right. I recently hit a spot in a piece of music in which I could not get the fingering correct, no mat
Ad Pictures Only
gucci 財布 メンズ アディダスショップ 銀座 ナイキ &#28608
Ad Pictures Only
グッチ バッグ 偽物 m993 ニューバランス オークリー
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP545 vs Kawai CA65 by bossman @ 07/22/14 01:25 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I'm going through the same ... new Yamaha cop-545 or new Roland HP-506. Keep going back and forth ... and driving lots of miles to do so. If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out. I think it's time to take another player wit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by carlos88 @ 07/22/14 01:24 PM

I finally took the plunge - bought a violin and started searching for a violin teacher. I'd like to be able play with amateur adult groups around here, either classical or bluegrass, in 2-3 years. One of my base qualifying questions that the teache
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by briansaddleback @ 07/22/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano WorldGreat stories everyone, keep them coming. I'll add one I experienced... My girlfriend's daughter got married recently (her second trip to the altar). I offered to play the music at her wedding. Figured I'd make some
"O.K; I, I don't know where to go with that." (Sprint Framily-Plan dinner).
Adult Beginners Forum
thanks a lot ajames, makes sense now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Sonata "Programs" by sophial @ 07/22/14 12:25 PM

Isn't there also a theory that the Sonata is loosely based on the "Faust" legend, and that the cosmic struggle of the divine and the satanic takes place in that context? This is somewhat related to theory #2 but the conflict takes place in
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Albert Vant's Piano Scale Making by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/22/14 11:52 AM

What I have often noticed is that the best woodworking decisions in piano construction will often result in the best acoustic reasons.
Composer's Lounge
A piano piece for the Summer comp - Soundcloud link HERE SCORE
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, BB Player, andwi, 24 invisible), 1292 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75498 Members
42 Forums
156116 Topics
2292548 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro
by sislermi
Today at 02:42 AM
Need advice on buying a Yamaha Disklavier
by Lady
Today at 01:17 AM
Surge protection?
by TX-Bluebonnet
Today at 12:01 AM
Opening up an old Piano
by musicNow
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Unusual Big Key Depth Yamaha Motif Xs7
by Ivan Jochner
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission