Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
114 registered (AndrewJCW, accordeur, AjLongsPiano, 36251, Anne'sson, AZNpiano, 38 invisible), 1238 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Those LH octaves in the Heroic by Hakki @ Yesterday at 06:39 AM

Why reply to a 7 year old thread?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Can i change piano voice? by Kaan Ergen @ Yesterday at 06:27 AM

i understand, thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 06:18 AM

I need to be excused for 1 and 2 September as we were travelling (a nice little getaway to Bologna before settling down to the new school year!)
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Video] Two Scarlatti Sonatas by Lafi @ Yesterday at 05:44 AM

https://youtu.be/fUoBZCnQMKs
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/RniCkuYf44U
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/CI-5PPJkkBY
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Member Recordings posts by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

Thank you, I (obviously) didn't know that option existed!
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By The Monkeys I am not sure how much this applies to music learning. But I thought “fake it under you make it” perhaps is not a bad idea. If they can fake it well, hopefully the intellectual underst
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should my student quit? by outo @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By ArghhhI really don't know what to do to motivate kids to practice. Do school teachers have to motivate the students so the students will do homework? I think depends on
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks Morodiene James has provided http://www.kawai-global.com/product_comparison/?c=36 as a comparison. IMHO it makes the CA17 a worthwhile option.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by pe2Dave @ Yesterday at 01:39 AM

Thanks James
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Pianists being able to see the keys in their mind by Michael Taylor @ Yesterday at 01:34 AM

That was an amazing video! I would love to be able to play that well.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Partita #2 Caprice - First Take by SiFi @ 09/02/15 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By IncongruousI understand this is quite new, but I think you did a good job. I think you played it very clearly, I could hear every polyphonic line very clearly. I think you had a good sound. Personally, I would make the whole piec
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where did all the posts go? by Goomer Piles @ 09/02/15 11:37 PM

Check 'Display Options' at the bottom of the page. Default seems to be 'active in the last 3 months', but you can change the date range with the dropdown.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Wind Etude arpeggios by SiFi @ 09/02/15 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By Incongruous If you go down the "if you criticise me you better show how its done route" then I think a lot of people on this forum would be in trouble. OK, that is completely true. Guess I just got carried away. App
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introducing myself by Danedashoh @ 09/02/15 11:10 PM

Wow, what a welcome! Thank you all for the encouragement and support. I'll definitely look into PTG chapters in the area, see if I can sit in on some gatherings as a guest. I'll also be in touch with those of you that kindly offered a visit Forgive
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAMBURG UPS AND DOWNS by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 09/02/15 10:49 PM

Prior to CBS taking ownership from the family no significant investments in new tools and equipment were being made. The ownership was so diluted through the family that not enough profit was kept to re-invest. So CBS, (under William Paley), saved St
Piano Forum
The let-off has to be further from the strings than normal with a silent system. This can make it more difficult to play softly for those with a sensitive touch. The action would require more frequent adjustment or regulation for top performance, a
Pianist Corner
Hats off, TwoSnowflakes! Donation of pianos to schools that can't afford pianos is often difficult because of the need of pianos to be tuned and maintained over time, and what you are doing over the long term is very important and special. Cheers!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: gospel or sacred music by Rerun @ 09/02/15 08:21 PM

Yep, wish I had 1/1000th of her talent.
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of piano is this? by rysowers @ 09/02/15 08:13 PM

Lift the lid and take a picture. All will be revealed...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by pianoloverus @ 09/02/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveThe person you study with is much more important than the school. Find a good teacher. But the OP is not majoring in piano or anything even close to that. He has played for one year and likes piano. He should choose t
Jump to new posts Re: Dampers on my 100 Year old grand by BDB @ 09/02/15 07:20 PM

If you are going to replace felt, replace all of the felt. Flat felt and wedge felt are often combined on the same damper. Because the spread of the strings is different front to back, using wedge felt both front and back may not work well, particul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by Orange Soda King @ 09/02/15 07:00 PM

Maybe I missed it when scanning, but I don't think anyone is playing the Prelude and Fugue in D Major BWV 532? That's my favorite Bach transcription by Busoni.
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano by pv88 @ 09/02/15 06:53 PM

If anyone has been playing (or, owns) the Physis Piano V100 please do give us your comments: http://www.viscountinstruments.us/physis-piano-v100.html What are the speakers like and how is the action?
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 04:40 PM
Piano practice apps
by jehalliday
09/04/15 03:44 PM
Haydn
by Parks
09/04/15 03:20 PM
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 03:02 PM
Looking for a sheet-music based course
by Rataridicta
09/04/15 01:55 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,676 Topics
2,442,012 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission