Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Waltz op. 64 no. 2 by MrPatrickDaniel95 @ 09/13/14 05:32 PM

Well one of my Favorite Waltze's ...i love it...hope you enjoy!:) Recorded on an Yamaha Clp-440 im saving money to buy a Knabe 1920's era restored from Livingpianos.com...cause i love the broad...round sound these pianos produce...almost identical wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sohmer T90 6'2 grand piano by Glenn Treibitz @ 09/13/14 05:07 PM

This was one of the best kept secrets in the piano business. Sohmers were some of the best pianos I've played from SMC. We even sold the T90 to the Maestro of a well known symphony. Sorry they stopped making them. I saw Sohmers first at their head
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 09/13/14 03:21 PM

"different sorts of creativity" - that's a hint for balance, I think. I'll work on it. I have not, this year, put in the kind of time I did the previous 3 years. Maybe just a routine change of pace. But the time I'm putting in is still mor
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: yeahyeahI initially thought you can consider (or convert) the two stereo headphone lines into left and right channels but I guess that's a wrong assumption. You could do it that way, but you'd have to rewire a couple of existing
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How can a classical pianist learn piano jazz? by Michael Martinez @ 09/13/14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: kanadajin Also, learning to transcribe note-for-note a recording is an excellent exercise, Yes, but only after you have a solid foundation of harmony, otherwise it's is going to confuse you. This is really true when it comes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First real RPT tuning experience today by Carbonblob @ 09/13/14 12:00 PM

you guys are killing me.......sorry for the highjack BrianDX but I don't think I could have resisted posting a quip myself! on a more serious note, I have to take care to keep the RH and temp as even as possible (and that's really hard to do in my
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Unfit for use? I beg to differ as well. The Haddorff has certainly responded well to your consistent tweakings over time - and sounds wonderful when you play !! Thank you Father O'Malley. So a "concert tuning" is simply a tuning fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: JimFOuto, on degrading quality despite play-throughs.... My pet theory for why this happens has to do with our minds taking shortcuts. The human brain often seems to do everything it can to reduce its processing requirements...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best heater for a music room by PhilipInChina @ 09/13/14 09:02 AM

When I am not there, the water is drained out of them. Once I am there the place is heated. You might like to pack warm gloves, though, Marty.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How to orchestrate? by jazztpt @ 09/13/14 08:36 AM

Have a look here: http://orchestrationonline.com/ Came across this via YouTube, can't vouch for the quality but worth a look.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Jenny from latvia, please by Maximillyan @ 09/13/14 07:59 AM

Jenny few minutes ago, wrote me an answer. He was very happy that received for good news from Del. He sincerely thanked personally Del, huge thanks Del!!! Expresses its appreciation to our technicians piano forum, which gave him the opportunity to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by earlofmar @ 09/13/14 07:10 AM

Here is "By The Spring" by Cornelius Gurlitt from a very nice book of twenty small piano pieces called Album Leaves for the Young. Recording it is my way of saying it's as good as it's going to get. Time to shelf it and move on: I really ne
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Boston GP-193, 6' 4", 1998, $16,000 Out-the-Door by PhilipInChina @ 09/13/14 06:07 AM

Well, that wouldn't be my first choice but they are undoubtedly good. I might put a deposit on a #69 PF&PC concert grand with the new Billenial Bamboo action. I don't think they can be beaten.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Studio monitor various placement positions? by dire tonic @ 09/13/14 05:50 AM

I think your G is a tad below 49hz so you could try reducing the gain at that frequency on one of the kontakt on-board eqs and set the tightest possible bandwidth (high Q value). Sweep the frequency control to see how it's working. There'll be some i
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you for your answer. I know Lachini, I have a book of him, but it is more new age than Persian. I want to play real Persian music. I hope the book from Siavash Beizai with Persian Folksongs will arrive this week. hartelijke groet, Peter
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you teach expression? by Michael Sayers @ 09/13/14 04:15 AM

Hi hippido, you and your son might find this video titled melody vs. "legato" by a piano teacher in Finland interesting. A lot of kids tend to play from the fingers only and without much motion elsewhere. Just encouraging a larger physica
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts San Marino Piano Competition live streaming by robipiano @ 09/13/14 03:58 AM

San Marino piano competition live streaming at http://www.allegrovivo.org/default.asp?id=827 Jury Gary Graffman chairman Sergei Babayan Dmitri Alexeev Peter Donohoe Mi-Joo Lee Paola Bruni Gianluca Cascioli
Piano Teachers Forum
I adopt a similar policy to teaching at a school. I invoice my students every term, which is about 11 lessons on average(offering a slight discount than if they would pay lesson by lesson). There are 3 terms a year. If they wish to stop lessons, it'
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts LINKS TO WONDERFUL PAST EVENTS! by casinitaly @ 09/13/14 03:40 AM

Instead of having so many stickied threads - here is a link to some of the great gatherings that have taken place over the past several years! Take a look - you may be inspired to organize your own event! EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY - LISBON - 2014
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: Paul678 Well, they shot me down! Not even a counter offer! Oh well, there are plenty other pianos out there. I'm gonna try Daniel Ley's Montserrat, again! Sorry to hear that. I gotta feelin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New here and REALLY need advice on two used pianos!!! by musicpassion @ 09/13/14 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: skj Basically I'm looking at two prambergers that are very decent, the sound is good and action. I enjoyed playing them much more than a used Yamaha c3. They are the JP 185 and 208. The 185 was a concert rental and needs work. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: It's Never Too Late by earlofmar @ 09/13/14 12:52 AM

Welcome to the forum LatteDa. Yes it would have been good to start younger but as adults we bring a disciplined mind and generally have more time. Look forward to hearing more of your progress.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsy Jazz? by Elssa @ 09/12/14 11:35 PM

Here's another favorite: All of Me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by phacke @ 09/12/14 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty Does anyone know if Kelly casts the plates for the Hamburg pianos? Greetings, According to a previous post by Douglas Atkins, PTG. O.S. Kelly also casts the plates for Hamburg Steinways. My understanding bas
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some More Potential Restoration Candidates by Paul678 @ 09/12/14 10:15 PM

Ok, update: Just took a look at the Schumann. Serial # 31029, which dates it somewhere before 1916, according to one website. Hammers were had very slight string grooves, so I'm guessing the hammers were possibly replaced at one point, and not us
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What do you think about the Fatar TP40 keybed?
by 3mb3r4
09/15/14 03:22 AM
Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1
by pianomom301
09/15/14 02:14 AM
More Bach (Ich Ruf Zu Dir)
by johnlewisgrant
09/15/14 12:12 AM
Incredibly short fugue
by Pencil_skirts_and_
09/14/14 10:50 PM
The piano made it home in time...
by Rich Galassini
09/14/14 10:09 PM
Who's Online
74 registered (aesop, AliAlkhiro, 36251, ahrensjt, 19 invisible), 944 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76201 Members
42 Forums
157526 Topics
2313898 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission