Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Slow Loading of Pianoworld.com Website by shah @ 10/23/14 07:03 AM

Hi, I am having this issue. It takes a long time for pianoworld.com to load on my iPad. In comparison, other sites load really quickly on the same iPad.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 with IOS device by Kawai James @ 10/23/14 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: JdjebWhy aren't Kawai adding this in a update? I'm sure if we could, we would. However, unfortunately I gather it's a limitation with the USB controller chip used in the VPC1, which was adopted from the MP10. Kind regards, Ja
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/23/14 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: sophialTwo Snowflakes, does this mean you've switched teachers permanently? No, I'm going to be seeing two teachers for at least the foreseeable future. I'll start seeing this new teacher on a supplemental basis as I wish, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gors Spangenberg by Robert 45 @ 10/23/14 02:35 AM

I read that the company was started in 1918. I have a vague memory of coming across an old vertical Gors Spangenberg. It had probably been neglected and was out of tune. I was just like an old, tired "tinny" sounding piano. I do not think
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Brahms Intermezzo Op. 118 No 2. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/23/14 02:26 AM

Still not totally finished with it, but I think it's an improvement over last time. I feel like I should point out that it is on a keyboard. I just got it yesterday and this was recorded tonight as a test track to see what it sounds like. It sta
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Nikolas @ 10/23/14 01:41 AM

what Kreisler and Currawong say. Get to listen to TONS of opera works. Get to know how each one sounds... And then start studying them (like 8 hours per day) to get to know them to an acceptable level. Then show off your sight reading chops to the r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by hv @ 10/23/14 01:26 AM

Cape Cod Ragtime Festival update: Jacqueline Schwab will be appearing on Sunday, Oct 26 (instead of Saturday). For those that do not recognize the name, she's the piano player behind Ken Burns and most famous for playing Ashokan Farewell for his PBS
Pianist Corner
I spend a lot of time attending recitals at the Colburn School, and I often wonder who will perform classical music when Asian girls grow tired of it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by Michael Martinez @ 10/22/14 11:00 PM

Classical composers have always been very conscious of harmony, so if you truly want to learn music the way they intended, then you should learn it as well. Pick up Walter Piston's book "Harmony." Shows you the basis of pre-1800s Classical
Piano Teachers Forum
Hi there pinkfloydhomer. Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time working through some great music in your own way. What has led you to the point of wanting to work with a teacher, instead of continuing on in the way you've been doing? That
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Family Member... His name is Charles Walter by piano_primo_1 @ 10/22/14 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Benn I can feel the smoothness of the action. Passages that I used to struggle with time and time again, just effortlessly roll off my fingers on it. Id love to have my acoustic at least redone, the hammers anyway , I n
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning strings by PhilipInChina @ 10/22/14 09:31 PM

Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Korg M1 by anotherscott @ 10/22/14 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bonesymy wife's uncle just gave me an old Korg M1, but no owner's manual. ... Thanks in advance for any tips. You can download the manual from Korg's web site. Or google: korg m1 manual
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rach - Etudes-tableaux op. 39 (selections) by fnork @ 10/22/14 09:18 PM

These practicing recordings were made by a tired pianist by the very end of a long practicing day. Have mercy. And if you have any feedback, do write. Op. 39 nr 5: https://app.box.com/s/y1rr324z5m0lv9i7x8b6 Op. 39 nr 6: https://app.box.com/s/f0rznq
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ 10/22/14 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBThe bidder may have more than one technician. But there is always that old saying, "You can have it cheap, you can have it good, you can have it fast. Pick any two!" The bid winner said he was the only tuner, but
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by David51 @ 10/22/14 08:54 PM

If it isn't available locally, I should be able to buy either one online at Kawai's webstore. One of my sons, age 31 with a MM in piano performance, has played the major brands of DP's and he told me that he likes the Kawai DPs. There is no reason f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall by Jonathan Baker @ 10/22/14 08:52 PM

I was not at the concert last week. I was, however, at Pollini's recital the previous year. I must admit I was shocked: I have never attended any recital, even a student recital, where so many fistfuls of wrong notes were thrown about as I heard at t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stay safe, Ottawa by Greener @ 10/22/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: casinitalyI'm from Ottawa, and I was stunned to see the news today. So tragic. My heart skipped for my nephew. He is similar age and serving in the armed forces. The world is stunned ... be safe everyone.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway event by KurtZ @ 10/22/14 08:22 PM

Todd, I'm sorry I missed your attribution. For whatever reason it felt like you were responding to what I said. I don't take sales tactics personally. I eschew and reject them. To take them personally they would have to be about me, person
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ 10/22/14 07:32 PM

It's okay Ben. They burned THE Buddha too. Kurt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DGX-650 TOPIC by Jtreimer @ 10/22/14 07:10 PM

By Piano Forum, I thought it meant just anything Piano related. Electric or Acoustic. I know there is another forum for electric but I just thought this was one that contained a mixture of different topics.
Mark, it is the goal when one repin, meaning once mounted the part free a little itself. Think one more balancing move is obtained soon, so if the part is then dismounted It may balance 5-6. times. I did not verify that precisely. Anyway fricti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things are not working out for me by dmd @ 10/22/14 06:12 PM

Teodor: I can tell you this, anyway. Enjoying what you do for a living is worth a lot. There is a saying that goes like this ... Quote: If you enjoy what you do for a living, you never have to work a day in your life. And, it is so very true
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope? by ChopinAddict @ 10/22/14 05:52 PM

It is very hard. Not everybody will cope in the same way. And some people will probably never completely cope. Unfortunately I seem to be one of these people.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/22/14 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers Here is de Pachmann playing . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQ3PrGLBKs wow really, it's always an a-ha moment when you can see clearly how a tool such as youtube can be used for more than stupid litt
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help with chords
by Shirz
10/25/14 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
10/25/14 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
10/25/14 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
10/24/14 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
10/24/14 10:23 PM
Who's Online
79 registered (alfredo capurso, anotherscott, 36251, ARamadan, Auver, 23 invisible), 1048 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158487 Topics
2327459 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission