Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (Amosdoll, Alexander Borro, ando, Andrei Kuznetsov, AMarsReject, 32 invisible), 1354 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach on a Harpsichord (kind of) by Incongruous @ Yesterday at 05:04 AM

A harpsichord setting on an electric piano resembles very little of an actual harpsichord. Keys feel much smaller and far "snappier" and the sound has far more depth.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Musikmesse 2016 Frankfurt (7 - 10 April 2016) by tekaeefixe @ Yesterday at 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By emmacoCLP-5XX series will be 2 years in Musikmesse... Times for a change ? In my opinion, although their range of products is good, they must respond to the new Kawai and Roland models... (CA and LX series) Curious, I was thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000? by sam abdel @ Yesterday at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By DrewBoneMuch like trying to locate an apartment to live in, being in the right place at the right time often works the same way when looking for a piano. Two months or so ago I was travelling towards a local shop on unrelated bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts when you don't know piano... by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 02:59 AM

... you write a jazz album! And at some points it does sound good I think. http://digg.com/video/h-jon-jazz-album
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Scherzo tempo by SiFi @ Yesterday at 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_CHe automatically conducted just 1 beat per measure. Actually, in some places, particularly in the 3rd, I think the pulse is every other bar. Opening section, for example: the double octaves should be "con fuoco"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You know you're a piano addict, when... by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:15 AM

My upright is usually covered in red cat hairs. I tried to enforce the "never on the piano" rule but somehow it didn't get through. Only way to prevent the climbing is to leave the keyboard open, so the cats are scared by the sound they mak
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Inventions by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By johan dThe Bach preludes you are talking about here. Are that the preludes from "Das wohltemperierte Klavier" 1 & 2 or maybe this is the better book? No, it's not the WTC! The little preludes are supposedl
Member Recordings
Hello League Of Legends enthusiasts! Enjoy my piano cover on the very awesome song by Imagine Dragons for the 2014 championship. A student of mine suggested this epic song. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/wzLKXs60KvI
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts My New Mason & Hamlin Model BB 7'0" Semi-Concert Grand Piano by wolfgangmeister @ Yesterday at 12:06 AM

Recently took receipt on my brand new Mason & Hamlin Model BB 7'0" Semi-Concert Grand Piano - Made in the USA - delivered direct from the factory! Stunning 1,100 lb instrument (weighs more than a Steinway D 8'11" Concert Grand), even mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RCM Grades by grace_note @ 11/25/15 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By ajames The website was horribly flaky and slow until just about a month ago-now it works great. They use HTML5 so it probably only works reliably with Chrome at the moment. I realize you can get lots of ear training exercises on
My experience is that with a controller/daw setup I have many different piano types that i can select depending on my mood or what sound i want . This can and is set up with kontakt on auto run so that if somebody want a switch and go then it offers
Pianist Corner
Not Rosen's book, but the idea has been thought of and done before. Eva & Paul Badura-Skoda in their book Interpreting Mozart, the Performance of His Piano Pieces and Other Compositions, Routledge, New York and London, 2008, 2010, contains an 80
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to remove the squeaky sound of pedals? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/25/15 10:19 PM

Judging by the video your piano could use a good tuning. You also have a key that stays somewhat down for a short period. Time to call a technician and inform them of all the problems. It could be your pedal noise is coming from the braces. If the s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original Steinway Ms from 60s -70s by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/25/15 10:14 PM

I do find I can take a Baldwin M or R from the 1945 to 1969 era and trick them out to beat a similarly tricked out Steinway S or M. The Baldwin designs for these two models is better, especially in the treble. The Steinway plates are more flexible in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trifonov will play Rach 3 at Nobel Peace Prize concert by Orange Soda King @ 11/25/15 10:08 PM

Fugue14, that is quite a program. I really wish I could attend!! I'm interested to hear his Rachmaninoff 1st piano sonata, especially. Congrats to Trifonov; he is doing very well for himself.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dmitry Paperno's thoughts on Mozart by Orange Soda King @ 11/25/15 09:35 PM

I got to work with Mr. Paperno twice when I was in high school... A fine pianist, a fine musician, and very humorous! He was wonderful with all the students. A funny story during one of his master classes: a student playing Brahms' G Minor Rhapsody f
Jump to new posts Re: ES8 arrived today by Kawai James @ 11/25/15 09:05 PM

Hello Possum, thank you for sharing your initial impressions of the ES8. The instrument is designed to be easy to use, however if you do wish to reference functions and settings in the owner's manual, may I recommend download the PDF from the ES8 pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new piano purchase! by bostonbabymama @ 11/25/15 08:31 PM

Wow. Thank you so much for all of your informative replies! Just now getting through them all. I can't thank you enough for all of your advice! When I say we have plenty of space, I mean that we have a large empty formal living room in the house w
Jump to new posts Re: Who has The Grandeur from Native Instruments? by sullivang @ 11/25/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By Tonio A quick example of what I'd like to come up with is the tone at 9:46 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPoX4Lu9GeA I reckon with the right EQ and reverb you could get close to that. HOWEVER, a higher fidelity "c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model B by Miguel Rey @ 11/25/15 08:13 PM

Honestly how could anyone not think this was a scam after doing just the slightest research and piano searching?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self promotion - my unusual story by Norbert @ 11/25/15 07:19 PM

kristina: "Dobar dan" - and best wishes with your study! Always remember: "geniuses don't need answers - they give them"! Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing anomaly by rXd @ 11/25/15 07:14 PM

Thanks Mark. Your account really helps me understand some hearing problems much better.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, dogperson!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Falls Over The Threes - Piano Instrumental by cathryn999 @ 11/25/15 06:50 PM

Wow this is beautiful! I see fairy floss, sleeping babies, an endless horizon, stardust, and hope. :-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Spinet Advice by Eric50 @ 11/25/15 06:24 PM

As spinet pianos go, I'd rather play an Acrosonic in OK shape than just about any other spinet of that era...I say that as someone having done his share of voice lesson accompanying in his day. Decent sound and touch, for what it is. But of course th
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway D Phillips Collection PianoCraft
by Keith D Kerman
30 minutes 33 seconds ago
Trifonov's performance of Rach 3 reviewed in the NY Times
by pianoloverus
Today at 05:44 PM
Fatar TP40 Wood vs Kawai RM3II vs Yamaha NW vs Roland PHA50
by Fer De Armas
Today at 05:05 PM
Room humidifier help - which size Venta to buy?
by Eric50
Today at 05:03 PM
Paid the balance on the Baldwin L
by neciebugs
Today at 04:46 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,613 Topics
2,470,219 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission