Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co. Grand Piano, $4000 by chernobieff @ 10/19/14 06:23 AM

What's wrong with the decayed sponge and rubber band sound?
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Sounding Strings at Break by chernobieff @ 10/19/14 05:40 AM

lamhfhada, Can you include some pictures? How much crown was there/is there? How much downbearing did you put on that crown? New Hammers or original hammers? Old strings or new strings? Are dampers timed?
Adult Beginners Forum
In music - as in life - not all created for the convenience of performer; there are cases not comfortable, not pianistic phrasing (eg. as in jazz), requiring non-standard fingering . Fingering arsenal of pianist should be much broader than the princ
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, Ive got 6 years in on Viola now so most of my practice time there is in advancing techniques . Viola is Alto clef, and Piano of course treble & Bass so my sight reading skills get a work out. But like I said, Im doing it all in fun and th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: October Piano Bar by 8 Octaves @ 10/18/14 11:33 PM

Thanks Inlanding, Amaruk, and kenjazz for listening and your generous comments.
Jump to new posts Re: PTG Video on Upright Aftertouch by Gadzar @ 10/18/14 11:19 PM

Edited
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Studio Policies - What is the ideal piano studio? by bittersweetmusique @ 10/18/14 10:17 PM

Thanks for the reply! It definitely makes sense to give notice before a termination. I find it's even more awkward if you quit without notice, because it makes the teacher think they've done something wrong. I also think most teachers genuinely care
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI Interface for Transcription by Kawai James @ 10/18/14 07:51 PM

John, the CE220 already had a 'USB to Host' connector on the back of the instrument, so all you need is a $1 USB 'A' to 'B' cable to connect it to your computer. The Mac's built-in drivers will be installed automatically. Regarding the best softwar
Originally Posted By: Paul678Reblitz step #7 (which is two steps before replacing action in piano): "Both ends of the damper lift rod should lift at the same time, lifting all dampers at once. If one end lifts the dampers sooner, one the suppo
Jump to new posts Re: Ipad Air and CASIO PX-350... Help! by anotherscott @ 10/18/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Zanna83which is the best device (as cheap as possible) "Best" and "as cheap as possible" rarely go together. ;-) For connecting to a PC and an iPad at the same time, I think you'd want to look at this: htt
Piano Teachers Forum
I enjoyed watching that. The little boy is an expressive player and I was moved by his playing. And what a great teacher. I hate to ask, but what kind of pianos are those? I really like the sound of them, and I'm looking for a piano to buy.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by hv @ 10/18/14 05:06 PM

Hi, Rich. Steve's been a close personal friend of ours for years and a terrific piano (and tuba) player. But the bad news is we just heard his day job may keep him home this time. Fingers crossed. In any event, here's a video I shot of him a while
Jump to new posts Re: Stage/Digital piano with string resonance? by Morodiene @ 10/18/14 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoThe Kawai MP11 and the Roland RD800 probably have the best (most realistic) piano actions available on digital pianos. But just as two acoustic pianos can have very different feeling actions, all the models suggested h
Piano Forum
World known Recording Artist/Composer Patrick Lee Hebert stopped by the shop today. It was such an honor to have such an accomplished pianist play on my Mammoth VCG. He was so astonished at how light and quick the action was, and played a couple of
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk springs... by Emmery @ 10/18/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffEmmery, You mentioned that the current jack springs cannot be glued in the ends. I was confused by this because every jack spring I saw was with hide glue. Maybe this is why you thought jack springs have a rotation pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dos warming up make a difference in your playing? by Rich Galassini @ 10/18/14 02:44 PM

Warm ups help the body but they help the head more, IMHO. Just a few moments of "getting in tune" with your body, no matter what activity you are performing, can really help. Of course there are physical reasons to warm up as well. Cold h
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: joturThanks, Nahum Altho goodness knows I've got enough old hymn books, and I've been working on dressing up tunes by myself. You are welcome ,jotur ! Hymn music is not in my repertoire, but I love her sound. Someone can exp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha models by BrianDX @ 10/18/14 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoWorksATLYamaha high end is either CF or S models (very rare except for the concert grands) Yamaha entry level or home grade is 2 letters, starting with a G (ex. GB1k, GH1, GC2, GP1, etc) Finally, there are rare, institution
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: Saranoya I don't know about verbalising and playing at the same time, though. I've never tried that, and neither have I ever seen anyone else try it. This makes any drummer and jazz pianist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: NahumI can assure You - You hear! You hear a very important part of the melody, even more important than pitches: melodic intonation! Nahum, thanks for critiquing me comments. That's real nice of you especially since I've hear
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used piano purchase advise- Yamaha M500G by BrianDX @ 10/18/14 01:43 PM

We recently bought a M500F from 2001 for $2200 including delivery and tuning. We are delighted with the sound and feel of this instrument.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ 10/18/14 01:24 PM

Malkin, happy birthday week. Donzo, transposing on the fly is a relatively high level of skill. I believe it becomes an optional part at grade level 6 or so on the exams. So be proud. It is something that only a very few beginners can do, and many w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Taylor London studio piano - Help for a newbie please. by PianoWorksATL @ 10/18/14 12:56 PM

At that price, you should expect to be on your own for anything service related. Being the second owner of a discontinued, young brand means that you're getting a low price in exchange for a higher risk tolerance. Keep that in mind. I'm not a fan
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's musical aesthetics by fnork @ 10/18/14 12:56 PM

Ha, is this old thread revisited? I'll see where I have the text - anyone who is interested can send me a PM and I'll send a link.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Playing Tremolo by Napolion @ 10/18/14 11:54 AM

Hi everyone I was wondering, how do you play this tremolo:
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
65 registered (Al LaPorte, barbaram, bennevis, beeboss, 36251, 18 invisible), 1086 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325956 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission