Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
147 registered (ambrozy, 36251, accordeur, ajames, Al LaPorte, Adypiano, 34 invisible), 1745 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Hello BTS (방탄소년단) and KPOP enthusiasts, Bringing you my piano cover on their newly released song called FIRE. A lot of catchy sections which reminds me of Jason Derulo songs and other internet songs. Enjoy~ Piano Cover https://youtu.be/L7R
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering Grand Piano S/N 109681 by houseofspiess @ 05/02/16 12:08 AM

Hi Ed - Thanks again for your input. Going to see the piano tomorrow and then have our technician inspect it. If everything checks out what do you think is a fair price? $3k, 5k, or 10+k? Thanks again!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Still working on those Ii-V-I combinations! by JazzPianoOnline @ 05/02/16 12:05 AM

hi Vana it sounds like you are ready to break away from the cycle of 5ths and graduate to tunes. My suggestion is to open the real book to page one and read through the entire thing just playing your iiVs in your left hand. play each tune only once o
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Repairing Steinway action rails by Gadzar @ 05/01/16 11:34 PM

More pictures
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Listening To? by toyboy @ 05/01/16 11:03 PM

Wait! What do you mean you didn't meet her for a change?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Tormenting Oppression Depression by Steve Chandler @ 05/01/16 10:22 PM

What a fun piece to sight read. I almost got it up to tempo! !/
Adult Beginners Forum
Today Telemann, and tried a little Leyenda by Albeniz. Heard that performed at Jazz Fest this week. Sounds hard, but it really isn't.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Isabelle1949 @ 05/01/16 08:21 PM

I'm 5'2", petite and have a professional bench. I guess height of bench should have my feet flat on floor? Will my forearms be parallel to the floor at that height. No mirror to get side view. My butt goes numb sometimes too!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played it worse at home. by Piano*Dad @ 05/01/16 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoI've yet to teach a student who plays better at recital/competition/festival/exam than at lessons. I might have taught a few kids who can thrive no matter how many people are in the audience. But 99% of the students pla
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning high-layer pinboards? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/01/16 06:47 PM

In my limited experience with newer Bluthners. They use such careful production methods that you should experience no problem with the denser block. Denser pin-blocks are more difficult to drill without getting uneven tuning pin torque with most of t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Settling in your new piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/01/16 06:42 PM

Wood takes on water vapor about five times faster than it releases it. So if you are expecting the humidity to rise in your piano's home, delay tuning until about 5 days after the increase is accomplished. If going into the drier season, wait about a
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Berkshire County, MA Party for Piano Enthusiasts!!! by Piano World @ 05/01/16 06:15 PM

Hi Ghazi, Sounds like fun. If we weren't 4+ hours away I'd considering joining you. We still might, depends on when. Pretty country in Western MA. Come on folks, we must have other members in western MA, southwestern NH, northwest CT, or eastern NY
Jump to new posts Re: Sheetmusic for piano solo by dogperson @ 05/01/16 05:50 PM

daz Any of the current pop music that has been arranged for piano only is not cheap, from any vendor, because the arranger needs to pay copyright fees. You might look at some arrangement anthologies of popular music, as you will get several pieces
What do you mean by better? Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Tunelab stretch by Beemer @ 05/01/16 04:30 PM

thanks Ian
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Repairing Steinway action rails by Gadzar @ 05/01/16 03:20 PM

Is it possible to extract and replace the wood in the action rails
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ 05/01/16 02:48 PM

One Debussy piece is fine. I'm in the Debussy class because it's part of the Senior program and I have no Debussy to play so I'll just listen.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jamming on the Stones by Simon_b @ 05/01/16 02:45 PM

Hi The 'performance' was very much a spur of the moment thing. I'd just seen a old musician friend of mine post a version on Fandalism. I think it was done 2nd take, once I'd remembered the chord sequence. Anything of mine I listen to sounds clunky
Jump to new posts Re: jazz chord voicings by Mark Polishook @ 05/01/16 01:30 PM

Jjo ... It's one of the classics ! The discussion about roots and whatnot pointed inexorably to it!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii ES100 Vs. Roland FP-30 by shalomjj @ 05/01/16 01:28 PM

So there should be a way to make it so that the speakers will stay on when you plug in the headphone? You could disable it on one of the outputs, say the 1/4 and leave that function on for the 1/8. I wonder if all it would involve is disconnecting a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play and sing simultaneously? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 05/01/16 12:10 PM

Even for classical pieces, yes I sing to bring out and emphasise the melody line sometimes. Should do more of this actually as it adds to the learning process. I also sometimes work out the melody line on the trumpet and play it without the sheet mus
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Three Easy Pieces by Larry G. Alexander @ 05/01/16 10:06 AM

These works are from my series, "Easy Pieces For Piano": "Easy Piece Number Two" http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/EasyPiece02.mp3 "Easy Piece Number Four" http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/EasyPiece04.mp3
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai NS-20? (Yes I Read the Other Threads) by Rickster @ 05/01/16 09:53 AM

Not to sound like a nay-sayer, but the 10 year dealer warranty is only as good as the dealer's word, reputation and assumption they will still be there for 10 more years. Not to be critical of dealers offering an in-house warranty on used pianos, but
Jump to new posts Re: How to replace oxidized key leads? by Hemloch @ 05/01/16 07:59 AM

Thanks BDB and Ed McM for your advice. I'll let you know how I go. A local tuner/tech suggested pressing the weights out using a drill press as a 'press' - with a short punch in the chuck instead of a drill bit. Could work.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New recital! by dogperson @ 05/01/16 07:51 AM

At the expense of 'having fun', the intent of the OP is lost. Is the concept to have different recitals by composers' works with a submission date as set up on this forum currently? Or is the intent to have separate threads by composer, with indi
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scam symptoms
by jcgee88
05/04/16 12:45 PM
Eldar Trio - May 7, Saco River Theater Buxton Maine
by Piano World
05/04/16 12:44 PM
Rebuild / Refurb Advice
by PDizz
05/04/16 12:02 PM
Problem Parents
by AZNpiano
05/04/16 11:43 AM
Yamaha YDP-141 vs Casio PX-135
by frenery
05/04/16 09:15 AM
Forum Stats
83,505 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,394 Topics
2,521,123 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission