Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (36251, ando, amt7565, alwatson, Adypiano, 18 invisible), 1381 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: [Off Topic] Keyboard Corner forum...gone?! by brooster @ 09/22/16 12:21 PM

I wish I could meet the As Oops, the person who set that crap up!
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Using Laptop To Play MIDI on Yamaha MX-100 Disklavier? by grandpianodave @ 09/22/16 11:04 AM

I'm wondering which program is good and free for windows 8 laptop to play midi on my MX-100a. Also, any tips on execution? Also is there a free database of downloadable midi piano pieces?
This story gets even more interesting. I ordered eight banana plugs from a well known Dutch mail order site and they arrived today. There's a problem though. In order for me to insert the wire into the plug, I will have to drill out the plug. The
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by CQlady @ 09/22/16 09:28 AM

Well, when I was a kid I always loved playing around on the keyboard my dad had. My grandpa also had an organ in his house that we used to love just playing around on. I never took lessons or anything like that but as I grew up I loved listening to m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Salvador Dali in a State of Grace by Rerun @ 09/22/16 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFivebtw I thought your Jackson Pollock piece was excellently matched to the art, but I'll fully admit I don't understand Pollock's work lol Ditto ... Pollock could spatter/dribble paint like no other ... artists use thos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano World users' opinions of Casio Grand Hybrid? by siggismari @ 09/22/16 07:16 AM

I suppose the main problem with crap sound from "furniture style" digital pianos in general, is that it is actually one huge "speaker-box" severely compromised by the requirement to look and function like a piano, resulting in ton
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about the piano business by Roy123 @ 09/22/16 07:08 AM

Static touch weight tells very little about how the action will feel. You need to measure additionally and more importantly the moment of inertia.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How upright is your upright or...... by tend to rush @ 09/22/16 06:44 AM

FWIW, most uprights are placed against a wall, meaning probably next to a floor joist. Doesn't mean the floor can't sag (mine was built in 1935), but weight should usually be ok.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Handful of Keys: A Century of Jazz Piano by tend to rush @ 09/22/16 06:42 AM

Thanks for this. I usually keep an eye on their website, but missed it.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in all keys by johan d @ 09/22/16 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By cmajornineI would like to be able to tell what key a soloist is singing in immediately, at the moment I find the key by humming the note the song resolves to (the 1 chord) and finding it on the keyboard. Is it possible to be ab
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Letter - Yiruma (Piano Cover) by wally_gutierrez @ 09/22/16 02:38 AM

My piano cover of Letter by Yiruma Note: A arrangement is a little bit different, because I felt like playing it this way xD Basically, my way of interpreting a "Letter". YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDWDsg-P5Y SoundCloud
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ShiroKuro"I found a piano in the street" Not something you get to say everyday.... Nor do you get to announce that "Pianoworld users found a Yamaha Clavinova!" I wonder who these "Pianoworld users&quo
Member Recordings
Hello anime enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on a new Fall season anime just aired the 1st episode called "Heybot!" Opening (ヘボット! op). Piano Cover https://youtu.be/bNRUsouH3Kk Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/IANxXsJA
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Feedback- Chopin minute waltz by JoelW @ 09/21/16 09:45 PM

The recording quality is making it sound worse than it is. I don't think your playing needs much work.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of Divine Proportion by JoelW @ 09/21/16 09:39 PM

Amazing. I feel like I'm one with the universe.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1972 Yamaha Console Piano by Bob @ 09/21/16 09:19 PM

I found this on line. This is NOT TAX advice, and I don't warranty it's accuracy. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p561.pdfAs part of the Pension Protection Act of 2006, Congress tightened the valuation and reporting rules for noncash charitable cont
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello: I'm brand new here. I'm actually on page 117 working on Good People. I just learned about courtesy accidentals (I didn't notice it on Why Am I Blue?) because of this forum and so I thought I'd sign up . I was so confused and didn't know how to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By BDBAs I said, Steinway has instructions. It is in their CD service manual, Chapter 6 page 24. Thank you, BDB !
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Stereo TRS 2 left-right split by michaelvi @ 09/21/16 06:17 PM

The cable
Jump to new posts Roland VR-09 vs. FA by sonicblasphemy @ 09/21/16 04:38 PM

I'm wondering what's Super Natural in VR-09 as the manual and sound list says nothing about it? The FA series and INTEGRA-7 have separate lists called SN and PCM... Is there anyone who tried VR-09 and FA-06 side by side? Is the keyboard identical (f
Originally Posted By Groove On I'd be more likely to use the manufacturers software or use a DAW app for those features. The Roland and Yamaha apps are quite good and will probably only get better. This would be mostly for instruments where there'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CE7 Beautiful Condition by dogperson @ 09/21/16 02:12 PM

My advice? - Be sure you have the piano tuned and visually clean prior to listing. - Check your area's Craigslist for similar pianos and condition for pricing - Check your local dealer's prices for the competition you will have. Keep in mind that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by Sam S @ 09/21/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By blackjack1777Sam, nice update sounds like so much fun and lots of work! I'm curious what is your favorite thing about returning to college as a music major? Also, what is significantly different than you imagined it would be?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on free piano by JohnSprung @ 09/21/16 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By Karl Watson... Over a one year period, the piano was tuned three times. It had VERY occasional use. Although the temperature and humidity were fairly constant, it could not hold a tuning. . That sounds like a candidate for
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody upgraded their dp thinking . . . by CyberGene @ 09/21/16 11:34 AM

Upgrading to a triple sensor action definitely worked for me and fulfilled most of my expectations about if I will play better. I do play better indeed on my ES7 compared to my previous DP-s
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP10 or ES8
by Pecuchet
Today at 05:51 AM
Entropy tuning of my new Blüthner
by Beemer
Today at 02:37 AM
Look at my homepage
by TheTuner
Today at 01:58 AM
Does the Kawai es100 have a battery?
by Cutestpuppie
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Piano Piece suggestions wanted.
by Dewdman42
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Forum Stats
85,056 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,323 Topics
2,557,892 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission