Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (88 Fingers Jeff, BaR, Anticlock, 21 invisible), 1047 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Palmpirate @ 06/27/15 09:23 AM

[quote=casinitaly My ATOW... well, there could be a few. I also played my Tchaikovsky well, despite not having touched it for a week, due to travels.... which brings me to another set of ATO....week, and lifetime. and of course we played some
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Rerun I think that summed up ear playing pretty well keystring ... it's a laid back, no obsession approach to entertaining and being entertained. Try to imagine how little I care if someone plays a Billy Joel tune that isn't ton
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James Horner 1953-2015 by Rich Galassini @ 06/27/15 06:55 AM

James Horner will be missed. He was a great musician/orchestrator and I was a fan. One thing - I had always assumed he was either Irish or was of an Irish background. I thought I heard that in his music. It turns out from his obits. that he was bor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: why scales? by qazsedcft @ 06/27/15 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949 Teacher I had years ago had me do scales in thirds hands together and seems I remember one hand being almost on top of the other to do that. Am I remembering right, or am I losing it?? Well, thirds are just three w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A different recital by AZNpiano @ 06/27/15 03:52 AM

It's not ignorance if you don't know what "level" your kids are at. Those exam levels are arbitrary, anyway, and passing a level on any given day does NOT mean the student is truly "at" that level. And not all kids want to show
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Elvis Presley - Falling In Love With You by Mr. Pianoman @ 06/27/15 03:06 AM

Hey Johan, I wrote you a pm.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts The Beatles - Yesterday by Mr. Pianoman @ 06/27/15 03:03 AM

My new piano cover is online. This time, I played the Beatles song Yesterday. According to Wikipedia, it's the most covered pop song ever ;-) Now I'm looking forward to your comments :-)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is fileuploader working? by Hakki @ 06/27/15 02:59 AM

Thank you very much Bruce ! Let's see. Here is Sergei Dorensky having a headache during round I of the XV Tchaikovsky competition.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Jury member by Hakki @ 06/27/15 02:54 AM

Headache
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway no 600000 ? by Markarian @ 06/27/15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By angga888Found this Steinway Fibonacci video from Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vW_jYH8Ss Sounds excellent ! Aww! What a treat. And yes, that sounds like a good D. Give it to me.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Music School" Transfers by AZNpiano @ 06/27/15 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By malkinDo you communicate to the students and their parents exactly where and how their skills are lacking? Where do I begin? I try to address one problem at a time. I've focused on fingering and rhythm, and we're not out of th
Pianist Corner
Chopin's hand :
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: It doesn't alway need to be a Steinway, Fazioli, Bösendorfer by backto_study_piano @ 06/27/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By schwammerlI just stumbled upon this video of a very recent recording of a Seiler SE278CO by Pianoworks - Duluth (Atlanta). Seiler SE278CO For me at least it proves their are quite some alternatives for pianos on the concert s
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts 100-year-old pianist is so good he makes people cry by Piano World @ 06/26/15 11:14 PM

It's worth hanging in through the #@#$% commercial. SEATTLE -- It's the kind of high-caliber performance you might usually see at the Seattle Symphony or on an even bigger stage. Yet the show put on Wednesday night took place inside a retiremen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Duet with kids that don't play piano? by BDB @ 06/26/15 09:38 PM

That is it, and it is the same melody for every piece. The story is that Borodin's 3-year-old daughter suggested that they play the piano together, which he thought was a good idea, except that she did not know how to play the piano. She told him tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Hamilton Tone by SMHaley @ 06/26/15 09:37 PM

The Hamilton was perhaps one of the best designed and appreciated of its size. I would consider it the most purchased upright for school and institutional use for many years (60's thru early 80's). Depending on the age of the one you were looking at
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by MacMacMac @ 06/26/15 08:52 PM

So you paid how much?
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Blüthner! by S.H.Lee @ 06/26/15 08:38 PM

Congratulations. The most important thing is you love your wife and your new piano. I ever play Bosendorfer upright piano,it's really like grand piano sound. Hope to see your piano pictures.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grade 1 exam by fuji88 @ 06/26/15 06:17 PM

This is fantastic, congrats!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: tuning app by jshelton @ 06/26/15 05:45 PM

Thanks for your replies. Dirk's application is the one I was thinking of but I'll certainly look into the others mentioned.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: advertising options for technicians by David Boyce @ 06/26/15 05:26 PM

Quote:I agree with the magnetic signs too, have them on my car, along with a plastic "take a card" box magnetically attached to the car (people do take the cards). I haven't tried the idea myself, but it strikes me that if you're having a
Indeed, it is. Thanks for confirming it. I'll contact the dealer soon, and try to get it sorted out. I hope they have people technically as skilled as you lolatu.
Jump to new posts Re: How can I upload Song Files to Yamaha YDP-142 by Frédéric L @ 06/26/15 03:57 PM

@Boblalux: Jason68 is right... When you play MIDI files on a PC with the default application, Windows use a 3Mb file which contains samples of 128 instruments. The quality can't be there. If you use (for example) Ivory II American Concert D, the same
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart Piano Concerto no. 23 by Saffet @ 06/26/15 03:45 PM

Finally i madde it. It is strange or rather silly that my own recording is blocked on YouTube for copyright reasons. But I reclaimed my rights and succeeded. Glad to know it is free now.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Front corners of keys are scratchy by BDB @ 06/26/15 03:33 PM

It could be some flash from the mold or a sharp edge along the bottom of the keytop. I sometimes have to scrape that off. Ask your technician about it.
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem reading one area in bass clef
by Isabelle1949
06/30/15 01:26 AM
Which piece describes your mood now?
by Arghhh
06/29/15 09:08 PM
Discovery learning
by Arghhh
06/29/15 07:49 PM
Help on a Piano Piece
by PianoMaster757
06/29/15 07:37 PM
Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585
by Grandman
06/29/15 07:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,175 Topics
2,422,310 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission