Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (augustm, Alexander Borro, AtlantisHero, ando, athrotaxus, 33 invisible), 1237 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Forum by waldokey @ 10/05/15 09:08 AM

I second this. Recording a piano is tricky at best. Chatting with fellow pianists (and not just engineers as on other boards) would be great.
Member Recordings
Our band wrote, performed & recorded a song based on a great American campaign slogan... but this does NOT mean we support any particular campaign candidate, nor do we intend this to be a political song. Enjoy the music and the video that goes a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering damper pedal by mungo @ 10/05/15 08:28 AM

Craig, Thanks again!! The pictures you posted should be all I need.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice for Next Piano by Dr John 48 @ 10/05/15 08:13 AM

Forgot to mention that the CLP-585 sounds good. Is in my price range. But, the keyboard feels a little light. John
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ErinASomething about acoustic pianos, beautifully made, with beautiful sounds, really tug at my heart strings. Perhaps this piano and I will cross paths again down the road, perhaps not, but at least it is going to a loving home.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 no.1 in Ab major by DanL @ 10/05/15 07:37 AM

Thank you pianoloverus! I see your points clearly and will be sure to improve! Regards,
Thank you! This is the Yamaha CLP 565 GP (and it was the Bösendorfer Imperial sample)
Adult Beginners Forum
5 October Today started with...... C. Sternberg, sonatine 1 Nice and easy to play.....Real Russian sentiment and drama..... play it soft, play it loud, let it growl, let it twinkle...... Have a nice day, Johan B
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Opinions and Info on 2nd hand Atlas Grand Piano AG5 by Chin Jessie @ 10/05/15 04:50 AM

Hello! This is my first time posting in this forum. I started looking around for second hand piano to upgrade and found a beautiful second hand 30years old Atlas 6' Grand Piano model AG5. I was told that the piano is fully made in Japan and I was off
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QRS Silent Piano by terminaldegree @ 10/05/15 03:17 AM

Hi Steve00, You're posting in the wrong part of the forum to get an answer. Try the technician's forum, or the regular piano forum, not the FAQ page.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach English Suite No.2 : Prelude Video. by debussychopin @ 10/05/15 03:10 AM

He's like that when he doesn't receive attention. Playing and posting is one thing but to play and build something difficult and put it out for all to see in its bareNess for all to critique , for the sake of learning and growing is miles of charact
Jump to new posts Re: 1889 Sterling Piano Catalog Pics by Olek @ 10/05/15 02:22 AM

what a nice scale , it may be an extremly tall piano; this was certainly very advanced for the time
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By 36251I play a CP4 and it doesn't get much love here. It doesn't allow to tinker with effects; same old "hold buttons and change a number, etc." Many years ago I could twist buttons on my phase shifter until I heard the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Just a quick update on the Op.25 no.12 etude by ChopinLives81 @ 10/04/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By Cheeto717but you need to get your head out of your fingers and LISTEN to to sounds you are making. I agree, but easier said than done with the incredible amount of noise my digital produces from the worn out padding inside. I'
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano, ADVICE APPRECIATED! :) by AndrewJCW @ 10/04/15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneIf having onboard speakers means a lot to you, then you should look at console pianos like Kawai CA67/97, Roland HPs, or Yamaha Clavinovas. This, but keep in mind to get into a price bracket with decent speakers, you'd
Jump to new posts Re: Replicating the Sound of a Piano Note by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/04/15 09:22 PM

I can definitely "hear" the 32HZ as a beat, very low in volume. So some of the wave energy is able to pulse my speaker at that rate.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: God Save the Queen by bennevis @ 10/04/15 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaThe original verse 2 is now never used. Even the censored version of it is extremely rare. This is what's sung at the Last Night of the Proms every year (arrangement by Benjamin Britten): http://youtu.be/HZgbIm87Xv
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1895 Steinway Upright by DallasJazz @ 10/04/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By OperaTenorI would rather say that the value of old pianos, especially anything made before the Great Depression, can't be measured in dollars. There is nothing made today to compare with a "Golden Age" full upright that
I should perhaps add that Vilagi, Zapata and Lyytikäinen are all "local" composers, all of whom were present for the concert. The idea of "framing" a concert with Debussy Études, one book in the beginning and the other in the en
Pianist Corner
Have made some minor updates to the crowdfunding campaign, including more detailed information about performers and programs. There'll be a website up fairly soon, once I have some more spare time. Meanwhile, the whole projects has received quite a b
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by prout @ 10/04/15 06:44 PM

If you are interested in playing around with octave stretch, here is a spreadsheet to do so. It opens to the data entry page. There is no iH added, though you can copy the iH values from my piano that are immediately next to the iH input column.
Jump to new posts Re: Edwards String Covers Missing in Action by machineintel @ 10/04/15 06:30 PM

What's the point of these? Just to act as a dust cover? In that case, why not just close the lid when not in use?
Jump to new posts Re: DGX upgrade. . by peterws @ 10/04/15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By BachusOriginally Posted By peterwsBet you havent payed one. The keyboards ok, nothing more. But even top end digital keyboards do not improve my playing sad to say. They just feel a bit better. And look a lot better! I de
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Laminated soundboards by Del @ 10/04/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By GregorOriginally Posted By Del Could you be a little more specific? I feared that this question could come up To be honest: no, I can´t. It´s generally hard to express a sound in words. Particularly in a language that is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ 10/04/15 03:52 PM

Okay, here's a hopefully permanent link to a YouTube video of the 45 minute-long "Elements of Elements" teaser:
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The broken arpeggios of the 3rd movement of the Moonlight.
by Ataru074
10/07/15 08:09 AM
ROLAND A90ex, RD-500 or RD600... advice needed!
by AtlantisHero
10/07/15 05:38 AM
Your favourite temperaments and client's reactions
by acortot
10/07/15 05:09 AM
buzzing hinge on upright
by TheTuner
10/07/15 03:47 AM
A Frame
by PhilipInChina
10/07/15 03:08 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,969 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,352 Topics
2,452,483 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission