Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The myth of the 10000 hours rule. by earlofmar @ 10/20/14 11:55 PM

Perhaps when I completed my 10,000 hrs, I might give Fur Elise another go
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by BDB @ 10/20/14 11:07 PM

I think what we are seeing is ribs placed on top of an old soundboard, which still has the original ribs glued on. Any conclusions about the shape of the old soundboard are just speculations. It may be that the old soundboard is just a pattern for a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for alternative repertoire for 8th grader? by hreichgott @ 10/20/14 09:54 PM

Here are some video suggestions. (My intent is to provide inspirational, motivating videos, not necessarily pieces at the right level for this student. Pieces at the right level definitely exist for most of these composers.) Specifically Japan relat
Piano Forum
Thank you, but no. This is the service manual for repairing and diagnosing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano search update by musicpassion @ 10/20/14 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungIn making this decision, give far more weight to the opinion of the technician that you hired to inspect the piano than to anything else -- or to everything else put together. The rest of us are just guessing. Than
Jump to new posts Re: Connect virtual piano to a loopstation? by Gadzar @ 10/20/14 08:53 PM

Firewood and rust... Hahaha!!! Good one
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Inlanding @ 10/20/14 08:47 PM

Thank you, Wayne!
Jump to new posts Re: Painting Piano Keys by SMHaley @ 10/20/14 08:00 PM

One would want to properly prepare the keys for such a thing. Plastic sharps won't receive paint the same way as ebony. For a clean approach it would be best to remove those keys to paint. Also a clear coat to prevent the color from coming off would
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: midi files by Shacky @ 10/20/14 06:57 PM

Perhaps this is common knowledge, but this web site has a huge library of MIDI files and FIL files. Not sure what you need to do to play them on your QRS system, but there are tons of beautiful MIDI files. http://www.kuhmann.com/Yamaha.htm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for technique criticism (video included) by phantomFive @ 10/20/14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaI'm sorry for not replying sooner. I've been pretty busy between work and school. I read through the new posts a few days ago and have been making adjustments in my playing. I really appreciate the feedback. It's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by prout @ 10/20/14 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerOriginally Posted By: Mta88Should I be concerned with over drying the insides of my piano with the heating rod alone? I would be interested in seeing an objective test of the efficacy of the heating rods in elimi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Update on new piece, your input is welcomed. by ChopinLives81 @ 10/20/14 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaDo you have any videos of it being played? I can't record anything right now, but this is my personal reference video I made just so I have my ideas recorded in case I forget or lose my notes. I clipped away
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts canon by larryz @ 10/20/14 04:49 PM

asdf
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel - Ferrari Piano ? by slipperykeys @ 10/20/14 04:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiyRCnlEcs
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is warming up effective? by JohnSprung @ 10/20/14 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pianomouse I have a repertoire of hand exercises which I can do everywhere. Can you describe them? This sounds very useful. I definitely play better after warming up, but I do it by starting with something slow and easy.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by Erik BerikHerik @ 10/20/14 03:39 PM

Ahhh yes thats it! thx
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Just got confirmation that my keyboard has arrived! I'm very excited to see what it's capable of. I'm seeing a lot of custom made/designed sounds i can download. I will report back again once i get to try it, Initial feedback will be how it sounds
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First pianolesson in thirty years by Whizbang @ 10/20/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Peter071This week I will have my first piano lesson after more than thirty years. My new teacher asked me to bring some books. I will bring Burgmuller Opus 100 and classics to moderns part 3. And a book with chords and scales.
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: Forum problems - Quote and editing by Daniel Richter @ 10/20/14 02:37 PM

I can edit new posts, but not older posts. This means good bye to my project "Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ - Buying Guide for 2014" Admin don't reply
Originally Posted By: gauguinI sent it to digital@kawaius.com Just a quick update. I heard back from Kawai USA regarding the sound caused by reverb when softly pressing D4 on the ES100. They sent me a kind email telling me they passed the questio
Thank you very much for your replys! I guess I like the warm sound of the American D very much but the bass of the Ravenscroft seems awesome! Another question by the way: Do you guys know if it is possible to connect a loop station to a virtual piano
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by legatoboy @ 10/20/14 01:21 PM

Initially I liked the P105. Of course the FP80 is a classier piano all around. The P105 responds well for Jazz and Traditional/Classical music for the $. But I found the P105 lacking in louder contexts compared to the P95 which I still own. Also the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Charles Ives!! by Dfrankjazz @ 10/20/14 01:11 PM

You may enjoy this class on 5 little-known pieces by the old grand-master). Free fun. http://youtu.be/G3RHUUOvdV0
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by 36251 @ 10/20/14 01:00 PM

I don't have room for a grand and own/love my N2. Just so you know, even if I moved to a large house, I might buy a grand but I would not sell my N2. It's a great workhorse for practicing and a pleasure that it's always in tune.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blurry vision after playing by ShiroKuro @ 10/20/14 12:47 PM

imustlearn, it really sounds to me like you need some piano glasses, and maybe reading glasses in general. And I definitely recommend a visit to an eye doctor rather than trying to pick some out yourself at a drugstore. Also, if you haven't had your
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven piano keys
by shah
10/23/14 08:57 AM
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
10/23/14 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
10/23/14 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
10/23/14 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/23/14 02:13 AM
Who's Online
142 registered (Almaviva, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 36251, 45 invisible), 1392 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76623 Members
42 Forums
158438 Topics
2326735 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission