Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (AndrewJCW, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, Beauxhomme, 16 invisible), 931 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm rather looking forward to Streets of Laredo, that song actually has an interesting history and is related to St James Infirmary. I had a great lesson tonight, and passed Light and Blue. So now on to Hungarian Rhapsody, which also looks like fun
Member Recordings
Attention to FNAF enthusiasts! The song in the 5th FNAF game "Sister Location" trailer is amazing. Really suspenseful and horrific mood created by the trodding low bass notes and the high piano notes. I played this song on the PIANO already
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mellow Piano Question by johnbarnesiii @ 05/26/16 12:05 AM

That's great Rick! Yeah I just recently became aware of them. Assuming that most of them sound like the one I played at the restaurant last week, I'm really digging that old mellow, dark and warm sound! I'm on the hunt to see what I can find that is
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Chopin Fantasie Op. 49 - Example 1 by SiFi @ 05/25/16 11:47 PM

Really difficult section.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Pathetique by Mad House @ 05/25/16 11:17 PM

Thankyou for your input!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by WhoDwaldi @ 05/25/16 10:34 PM

Playing Mozart has more of a laxative effect than Beethoven--not so good for uninterrupted practice sessions. It should flow like oil. *cue the Tom Hulce Mozart laugh*
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Giancarlo, one of my colleagues in the US recommends checking with some of the Sam Ash stores dotted around the state - Google Maps shows 8 different locations. Kind regards, James x
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
ok I will try that
Adult Beginners Forum
Chopin Waltzes, Nocturnes and Etudes. Bach WTC, inventions and sinfonias. Beethoven Sonatas Mozart Sonatas I think that is about it for piano. Still waiting for the Mendelssohn Songs Without Words and Chopin Preludes. Sam
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Don't go hysterical ... It's only jazz by Panolof @ 05/25/16 07:20 PM

I'll definitely consider it😊 Thank you mate 😉
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by SiFi @ 05/25/16 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By CareyBut what about the Impromptus ?? We should just execute anyone who performs an Impromptu or purchases the score of one. I'm a dead man !! I've been dead
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing strings of staccato chords by Qazsedcft @ 05/25/16 05:40 PM

I just checked the piece Soldiers' March by Schumann and the tempo is not fast at all. You should have plenty of time to position your hand and do a normal pushing motion.
Jump to new posts Re: Using someones Synthogy samples by JoeT @ 05/25/16 04:56 PM

Dongles are very simple to use: They are intended to make software equivalent to a physical item: Who possesses it can use it.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by BruceD @ 05/25/16 04:31 PM

Masterful performances, all! In the true meaning of the word: "awesome"! Regards,
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 20% OFF TICKETS TO GARRICK OHLSSON - MAY 26 2016 by PhilharmonicSoc @ 05/25/16 12:50 PM

SPECIAL OFFER 20% OFF WITH CODE: BALLADE Garrick Ohlsson, piano THURSDAY| MAY 26 | 8PM Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall Pianist Garrick Ohlsson closes out the Philharmonic Society’s 2015-16 season with a Romantic recital program showcasin
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "C-Scape" by Larry G. Alexander @ 05/25/16 11:38 AM

All, Here is my Steinway Model D piano-with-orchestra piece called "C-Scape". http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/C-ScapeSteinwayD.mp3 Regards to everyone. Larry Alexander
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult re-introduction to piano theory by divedoc @ 05/25/16 11:28 AM

Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and bought Contemporary Music Theory, as well as The Piano Handbook by Carl Humphries. That, along with my incoming CLP-545, should set me up with plenty of homework for the foreseeable future. On an unrelated n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird question by rocket88 @ 05/25/16 11:18 AM

On an 88 key piano, 44 keys up from the bottom is the E above middle C. 44 keys down from the top is the F above that E. The middle is between those two, IMHO.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: 1908 Chute & Butler Player Piano by Dave in Denver @ 05/25/16 11:04 AM

You can find a vacuum pump here: http://www.player-care.com/vacuum_pump_kit.html , and the same shop carries a lot of books and supplies for player rebuilding. The spool box contains the air motor that turns the rolls. There should be several small
Adult Beginners Forum
Here is a good trick: Close the lid partially on your hands. Have someone hold it in place for you (or use your left hand while practicing with your right) and play without bumping into the lid.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Duet partner in New Orleans by Isabelle1949 @ 05/25/16 10:24 AM

Am looking for a duet partner in the New Orleans, LA area. I'm no pro, so just letting you know this up front. Had a duet partner for years, but she moved away years ago and had other things happen in my life that moved me away from the piano. Ple
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES100 vs Yamaha P115 by Estiui @ 05/25/16 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai James I don't think it's possible to make a bad choice between the FP-30, ES100, and P115 - they're all very good, entry-level instruments. My recommendation would be to play-test them al0 thoroughly and purchase the instru
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Hammond A-405 vs Roland AT-900 platinum edition by maninironmask @ 05/25/16 08:54 AM

Which one of these produces the more realistic pipe organ sound?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK. Where do I start? by Sandy Fry @ 05/25/16 06:54 AM

I just started a couple months ago ( at age 52 ). Bought the Alfred's Adult all-in-one book with intention of teaching myself. After a couple weeks of sheer frustration...got a teacher. Best thing I did in my opinion. I still get frustrated at times
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
what kind of tool do you use for rotating the repetition lever screw and jack screw?
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Zeitter and Winkelmann appraisal
by sol123
05/27/16 10:16 PM
A crazy Kawai cs8 question...
by ADWyatt
05/27/16 10:05 PM
Appraisal of Becker grand piano
by Rohan
05/27/16 08:38 PM
False beats - some physics and some fiction
by Gene Nelson
05/27/16 07:20 PM
I just bought my first acoustic piano, and I have a question
by Revelation909
05/27/16 07:20 PM
Forum Stats
83,787 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,974 Topics
2,528,423 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission