Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (AZNpiano, agraffe, 36251, Albert Brighten, Bachus, 15 invisible), 902 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The last few miles of learning a piece? by Ataru074 @ 02/05/16 09:18 AM

Two quick things but more for late intermediate / advanced players. 1) The ability to change articulation, interpretation quickly is a necessity. Once a piece is learned in should not be written in stone but be somehow more fluid like a river in its
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 08:34 AM

Quote:I want to start with classical and pop first and jazz later Classic teaching rarely does improvization (long ago, classic also was based on improvization but not anymore). Therefore, classic won't prepare you well for jazz. So if your main g
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Contact strip - board replacement? by MacMacMac @ 02/05/16 08:25 AM

When a note will only play at ffff, it's most likely the contact pad. Possibly a defective pad. Possibly dirt on or under the pad. Small possibility: a broken trace on the PC board leading to one of the two pads belonging to the affected key. As spa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer upright w/ Silent system by dhull100 @ 02/05/16 08:16 AM

Congratulations!
Member Recordings
Hello TVB enthusiasts, here is my piano cover on the upcoming new drama's theme song called 公公出宮 - 劇集主題曲 《藍天白雲》by 沈震軒. There is also a free tutorial attached to the end of the lesson if you want to learn how to pla
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Blog post about Pierre Boulez and Paul Bley by Mark Polishook @ 02/05/16 06:38 AM

Yes, it's true. They had much in common! http://pianodao.com/2016/01/25/iconoclasts-shibboleths-paul-bley-and-pierre-boulez/
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts My piano composition - At The Right Moment by Danijelcro @ 02/05/16 06:22 AM

Composed by Danijel Kovacic (me) Melody tematic of this piano composition is a bit sad. I hope somebody will like it. Critic and comment are welcome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaazT9WzRc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin 7 Fter in Irvine, CA $5800 by Rich Galassini @ 02/05/16 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By BDBMy original comment was more an alert to people that if they are going to sell a piano on craigslist, or even post pictures on Piano World, they should put some thought into them so that they will give some idea of what the pi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by EssBrace @ 02/05/16 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By Mental Nomad...as I said, with a CP80 available to me, perhaps buying a PNOscan II MIDI strip might be the way to go. The CP80 has lasted long enough... I bought it in '89 or so, well-used, and it still plays... It's a shame you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alberti Bass by fatar760 @ 02/05/16 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By Turnthepage!Fatar has a medical problem which is causing her problems. It is better understood by reading her post Hand Strength. Yes, I had an accident a few years ago so do have a medical issue. IT's not my gender though, I'm
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by timq @ 02/05/16 04:19 AM

When you play a bass key very loudly, the longitudinal oscillation of the string and the effects of various nonlinear processes in the string and its bearings become a lot more pronounced. These mostly inharmonic oscillations clutter the sound spect
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "A Special Relationship" by musicpassion @ 02/05/16 02:34 AM

A worthwhile article - thanks for sharing it.
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help with my recently purchased Chickering 9' by Dave Wells @ 02/05/16 01:55 AM

Hi Everyone, my first post... A few months ago I purchased a 1920s (?) Chickering 9-foot grand. My first love is playing (Debussy, Ravel, Brahms..) but I am also refinishing the case and working on the action. For now, I have two questions... 1)
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "When Love Is Found" -- Don Wyrtzen, arr. by RachFan @ 02/05/16 01:33 AM

Hi Andy, I think that pianos are members of the family. I can't imagine not having one in the household. Keep those songs coming! David
Jump to new posts Re: Dead keys by agathiava @ 02/05/16 01:16 AM

Hey, I decided to let someone who knows a bit better to do the opening and cleaning part and apparently there was something wrong with a wire there because of humidity or as he said a liquid that might have been poured . Anyway he fixed it and the th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: kawai 550 or kawaii kg-2d by tiggerof4 @ 02/05/16 01:05 AM

Thank you pianobroker. I've decided not to pursue either pianos. Stay tuned...:) Thanks.
Member Recordings
Hello #Taeyeon and KPOP enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on her new song called #Rain , if you want to learn it, I've also included a free piano tutorial teaching you this very awesome jazzy song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3RGj8PT80k&in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Straube upright value by WRG @ 02/04/16 11:06 PM

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Piano
Piano Forum
I'm just guessing, but perhaps it means that tunings on those dates were included in the purchase price. Larry.
Jump to new posts Re: Ye Auld "Adjacent M3s"? by Weiyan @ 02/04/16 08:09 PM

Thank you. Great education value. Originally Posted By GrandpianomanThis was an informative demonstration back in July, 2010, of the differences between an "ET" tuning on my Yamaha Digital Disklavier and and EBVT III on my M&H RBB. In
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by JohnSprung @ 02/04/16 07:10 PM

I had one of those needle tests when I had my disc surgery. It's sort of the biological equivalent of ringing things out with an ohm meter.... It confirmed that the problem was exclusively the disintegrated C6-7 disc.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin op.2 by dolce sfogato @ 02/04/16 05:31 PM

La ci darem variations, var.nr.5, Adagio, fourth chord, left hand only, followed by same chord right hand descending arpeggio: chord is either Bb-Db-E-Gb or Bb-Db-E-G, in several editions it varies, in most (no, all) recordings I hear the diminished
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Age limits Conservatories by dolce sfogato @ 02/04/16 05:19 PM

In Amsterdam they wouldn't mind, only: you should enter a video before the end of this month, via mail or youtube-links, that is the shifting-procedure, after that you'll be invited for an audition or not...
John, I totally agree with you. That's why the title of my original post refers to '... without a regular expert tune...' and not to '... without an expert tune...' Although I find regulation not that difficult. But I have to admit that I read a lot
Adult Beginners Forum
I learned about Hutchins & Rea sheet music store in Atlanta: What a wonderful resource! IMSLP is more comprehensive, and free, but one has to use copies from the printer. Also, I discovered the value of coming in physical contact with the keybo
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano teacher dilemma
by pianofan1017
02/07/16 10:23 PM
Used Kawai
by Graham W
02/07/16 08:55 PM
I search for Blueberry Hill, but one complete video.
by ster100
02/07/16 08:33 PM
Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter.
by Celdor
02/07/16 07:24 PM
VPC1 or MP11: Redux
by Henry Pasternack
02/07/16 07:11 PM
Forum Stats
82,506 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,331 Topics
2,493,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission