Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (andal, anotherscott, 3times2, Alexander Borro, ando, 34 invisible), 1515 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John concert...piano sound.... by Greener @ 10/11/15 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsHe was at Kendal Leisure centre, a few miles from us, performing a few months ago. He does some decent stuff, but Im not a fan. Id love to have seen Joe Cocker (rip), mind. He had a great piano player who if my ears ar
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knuckles are too loud by Olek @ 10/11/15 08:50 AM

is not the jack noisy when going at rest ? larger rubbing surface on the knuckle ofen is too noisy, the shape can be rebuild, I think also the inside can be hardened with some impregnation so the shape is kept better (as the inside is flat, no ton
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New member with new to me Yamaha C7D by jrcallan @ 10/11/15 08:14 AM

What a knockout piano - just gorgeous!
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Timbre"? by Olek @ 10/11/15 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By Dave BDoes timber in the forest have tamber if no one is there when it falls? (Timber & Tamber are in the Merriam-Webster dictionary) It could be from the word "tomber" , the guys cutting the trees say loud &
Jump to new posts Re: Recording a tuning by rysowers @ 10/11/15 01:32 AM

It's my 1912 Steinway O. Original strings and hammers. I used a Roland Edirol R-09HR Wave/mp3 recorder perched on the stretcher. I had the strips in my piano for a couple of weeks. It was good practice to recheck the tuning after a day or two. I fo
Jump to new posts New Keyboard Day: Roland C-230 by MarkF786 @ 10/11/15 12:55 AM

Years ago I bought a Roland C-180 organ on clearance and it was a great little keyboard with incredible positive organ sounds, since it was developed with Rodgers Organs. I ultimately sold it since I needed the space for other keyboards, but often r
Piano Forum
I can vouch for my Yammie AvantGrand N3. The action is almost identical to my Yammie G3 grand. No "silent system" to affect the action; all sound production is digital. I've had it for several years, no problems and plenty of enjoyment.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov's Original Music by BDB @ 10/11/15 12:18 AM

It is more likely to be published if more people ask about it, so you should not give up hope. You have done your part.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts From my French Suite: Un Ciel Pommele by ScottM @ 10/11/15 12:17 AM

Here's a little piece that begins a suite for solo piano I finished a year or so ago. The other movements are not this difficult, nor as short, but I thought I'd share this one. https://youtu.be/4gl-KSkM-Lg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Approximate Value of a 2008 Schimmel K230? by Dave B @ 10/10/15 11:12 PM

They are beautiful pianos. How much is it worth? That is a tough question. The original purchaser will be taking a hit after only seven years. Have you checked the "Piano Buyer?"
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sonatina question in its very own thread by Morodiene @ 10/10/15 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By malkinWhen a teacher says "sonatinas" does it always mean Clementi? Aren't there some others? Is it only on these forums or do people everywhere get reactive when they are mentioned? I prefer Kuhlau's sonatinas.
Jump to new posts Re: New York DP shops by JEB NYC @ 10/10/15 10:13 PM

I bought a DP in NYC this summer, and aside from Sam Ash there was Allegro Pianos (mostly Kawaii) and Faust Harrison (Yamaha). Aside from Sam Ash, those were the only places I found in Manhattan with digital pianos. Their primary business is acous
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by AmandaH @ 10/10/15 10:00 PM

Please excuse me for Sunday and Monday. I will be away from a piano while hunting for deer.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My New 111-Year-Old Piano by Just Steven @ 10/10/15 09:16 PM

You are a good steward of history. I am glad you finally have a piano and teacher. Congratulations!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts incredible Bosie, not so incredible pic by Cassia @ 10/10/15 07:16 PM

1 of only 2 such pianos currently in existence.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Transition from Alfred's to AMEB?? by mboyle @ 10/10/15 05:53 PM

Hello everybody and thanks for your time! Very glad I found this forum. I have some young students and was after advice on which levels people have found success to stop the Alfred's Basic Piano Course books and start AMEB grades. Would really apprec
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano, ADVICE APPRECIATED! :) by Morodiene @ 10/10/15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By VelokkiOriginally Posted By MorodieneIn all fairness, it's really hard to compete with VSTs unless you go to top of the line synths. Exactly. But isn't Kronos THE top of the line? I guess it is considered among them, isn't it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Graduates by blackjack1777 @ 10/10/15 02:55 PM

Hi Mark, My teacher just graduated me from Alfred's All in One Level 1. Can you add me to the list of graduates please?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by Valencia @ 10/10/15 02:21 PM

Sign Up List: The Beatles - Lady Madonna - Greener Barry Manilow - I Write the Songs - Greener Burt Bacharach - Close to You - Greener Elton John - Border Song - Greener Adams & Vallance - Summer of 69 - Richard (zrtf90) Paul McCartney - Nineteen
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hey BG, this is what many of us over here think is a gospel sound too ... I think she also has some training tapes if it interests you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXMg6iPmSw8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by christineka @ 10/10/15 02:05 PM

When the next technician comes, (In two Mondays) I'll try to get some photos of the action. I know nothing about what a standard action is supposed to look like, other than it's a bunch of wood and hammers. I know there's metal on the chickering's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Baldwin 646 by Carey @ 10/10/15 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By BuyinginFLAgain, thank you for your reply! Is the Baldwin a better piano than the 2005 Pearl River? Comparing both pianos side by side when they were new - YES, the Baldwin would be significantly better. Much depends on the c
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Possible In Musescore? by Phil-60 @ 10/10/15 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By R0BThere are eight colour choices for each note in https://noteworthycomposer.com/ Thanks -much appreciated
Jump to new posts Re: AKG K702/712 headphones by Alexander Borro @ 10/10/15 10:51 AM

Glad it worked out it sounds like for the most part. The UR22 does seem a bit limited with the options, for exactly that reason when I looked the audio interfaces I ended up getting something with a few additional outputs with that in mind, it can
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Re: Allen organ volume full all the time by Ken Knapp @ 10/10/15 08:03 AM

Check the technician finder at www.mitatechs.org...
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
UT Entropy Tuner
by Withindale
10/13/15 12:46 PM
Auxiliary Cable from Laptop to CA-97
by Gatsbee13
10/13/15 12:42 PM
"Go be a doctor or a lawyer instead"
by Incongruous
10/13/15 12:13 PM
When to switch to acoustic?
by Hartree
10/13/15 10:41 AM
Kawai ES 8: Reviews and impressions
by ColoRodney
10/13/15 09:23 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,027 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,498 Topics
2,454,839 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission