Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (ando, anzeen, augustm, AmandaH, Bachus, anotherscott, 20 invisible), 1197 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Petrof 105 by nylonstring1 @ 11/24/15 10:16 PM

I have recently purchased a new to me Petrof 105 serial number 453264 in new condition. I had it checked with a technician who assured me that it was in great shape and I would love it......he was right. I had it tuned today and even though it is a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A little improvisation by charleslang @ 11/24/15 09:38 PM

It's okay. The chord progressions are relatively simple and sound almost like quotations from a classical pieces. They also don't hang together as a whole, sounding more like a collection of phrases, largely due to not being bound together rhythmic
Jump to new posts Re: Updated Mozart: Rondo Alla Turca by boogiewoogie123 @ 11/24/15 08:51 PM

Thank you so much for your reply hreichgott! To answer your question. My teacher was actually wondering the same thing! She said it would be easier for me to keep my hand close to the piano when play the faster stuff, but she also said that it seeme
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by ElmerJFudd @ 11/24/15 08:50 PM

Jump to new posts Re: New KCM-650 by Tressa @ 11/24/15 08:40 PM

Haha! Welll...yes. Nice catch! I will post pictures soon! I bought (or he bought) the polished ebony. It is so pretty!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1963 Baldwin Acrosonic Question by KurtZ @ 11/24/15 07:47 PM

150-150? I think with a stable block, it's easily $300 worth of piano. Well kept and service Acros have a nice balanced (NOT powerfull) sound. If Bassano is anything of a player though, he might find it doesn't have enough oomph when he wants i
VPC2, no bells and whistles but clean and minimalistic like VPC1 for those of us playing only piano, with the best action possible, and with an optional stand with integrated pedals (stable and same style as the digital pianos) and it will be my purc
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 585 Review by Chewbacca @ 11/24/15 04:23 PM

Thanks for your reply. Given you own top quality pianos I was really surprised by your statement. What music do you play? I would understand a keyboardist liking the ES100 action. I am used to APs and did not like the ES100 at all, keys felt really
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are your five favorite songs on piano? by Little_Blue_Engine @ 11/24/15 04:02 PM

It's hard to narrow down just a top five songs and/or pieces but off the top of my head here goes: Funeral For Friend ~ Elton John Linus and Lucy ~ Vince Guaraldi The Last Polka ~ Ben Folds Gymnopedie 1 ~ Erik Satie Last Date ~ Floyd Cramer I have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rotation and Weight Transfer by dogperson @ 11/24/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By Just StevenOriginally Posted By Qazsedcft This also brings me to the question of weight transfer. Why do you want weight transfer? Unless you are playing fortissimo on ten fingers landing at the same time, why do you need it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Listening To? by beet31425 @ 11/24/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonListening to another 'new to me' Mompou, a Barcelonian, neo-romantic, 1893-1987. He is on the short-list for learning next https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr89RrXzzIc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxuv_g5vE1o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-Reading Exercises by dogperson @ 11/24/15 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By Young MusicianI' am sorry, it's not something for now, you see. I am a begginer and there isn't something that i could care less than sight-reading the piano right now. I found that website for flute and just imagined if existed
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Scherbakov Alex @ 11/24/15 03:14 PM

Partials walk in the bass as they wish) Was the theme: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2288341/Re:_Partial_analysis.html http://persianney.com/misc/proutA0-A2.jpg
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt B Minor Sonata by jeffreyjones @ 11/24/15 02:56 PM

This is quite an intense and satisfying performance of the greatest Romantic piano work. I found it highly engaging; it had a commitment and drive that compelled my full attention throughout. The few slips were minor and didn't detract from the effec
Jump to new posts Re: It's Probably Too Early To Ask..... by Hendrik42 @ 11/24/15 02:43 PM

From my understanding, the iOS gives the information "the user touched there <coordinates>" to the app. This does not change with the Pencil, just that iOS is giving the app exactly the coordinates where the pointy tip touches the gla
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts new to me CW 1500 by bkmcneil @ 11/24/15 02:04 PM

1999 Charles Walter studio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Denk got rhythm by Tim Adrianson @ 11/24/15 12:21 PM

Hi, Hank M; welcome to Piano World! Here in Madison, WI, I've heard Denk twice. UW Madison invited him to do an entire couple days of Master Classes and Lectures in addition to his concert recital a couple of years back. And the following year, he r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slightly OT: Harpsichord comparison by prout @ 11/24/15 12:00 PM

BDB said: I think the stronger you played it, the closer to perpendicular to the string it was. Play it softer, and the plectrum would have turned so only the tip would play. To some extent, that is the case with a normal harpsichord. The plectrum (
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P120 or Kawai ES100 - advice needed by Fer De Armas @ 11/24/15 11:50 AM

Hi... Undoubtedly Kawai ES100 is best feeling than Yamaha P120, but you can try Rolanf FP7F/FP80 or Casio PX150, these models are perhaps more similar to Yamaha P120 in key action and feelings.
Jump to new posts Re: I'm going to a piano dealer tomorrow and need advice. by Fer De Armas @ 11/24/15 11:41 AM

Best plastic key action period...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HTML DISABLED? how do you enable it??? by Qazsedcft @ 11/24/15 10:55 AM

Just post a link.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazed Haze - a sound poem by Steve Chandler @ 11/24/15 10:48 AM

I like when the rhythm gets loose and then you bring it back together.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 buzzing noise is not the speakers by Morodiene @ 11/24/15 10:38 AM

I can hear what you're talking about. Definitely try playing around with the Virtual Technician, especially with regards to the damper resonance, as there didn't seem to be any problem with it when you lifted the damper pedal. What is yours currently
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Review of Trifonov playing Rach Trio Élégiaque by pianoloverus @ 11/24/15 10:14 AM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Routine by Greg Akins @ 11/24/15 10:00 AM

Thanks for the responses. For me, I think that getting a teacher for a few lessons might be best. Some of the things you all mentioned; I wouldn't even know where to start (like correct fingerings for scales, arpeggios, etc..).
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Has Anyone Taken Online Lessons with Artistworks?
by newbert
11/27/15 08:44 AM
Piano Recital in Paris, December 7, 2015 - Jennifer Lee
by Nigel Keay
11/27/15 06:29 AM
Sennheiser HD598 on sale for $95
by pwl
11/27/15 05:30 AM
Weigth of the arm
by johan d
11/27/15 02:48 AM
Playing piano topless
by PhilipInChina
11/26/15 11:08 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,595 Topics
2,470,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission