Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
58 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, Albert Brighten, 19 invisible), 921 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No.1 in A-flat Major, Aeolian Harp by Goomer Piles @ 07/24/15 10:42 PM

I'm at a loss to understand why three weeks passed without a single comment of feedback to you - but that's why your post caught my eye, so I guess that's a good thing in a way. I think that your son delivered a skilled and sensitive performance, an
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano with good drum sound by PLP @ 07/24/15 09:22 PM

I finally got a super deal on a Casio PX-350 with stand. Though the built-in speakers are a little thin, the sound is very good for the piano sounds. The drum and bass sound good as is, and wonderful with headphone (or external speakers, I guess).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by malkin @ 07/24/15 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicWow ...I have found only one photo... Love the kids camping under the grand. Growing up I had a friend with one and the space under it was prime real estate for sleep overs. Long before the age of tablets, though.
Jump to new posts Re: Smaller Portable Keyboard for Child? by Morodiene @ 07/24/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By DigitalguyOriginally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By MorodieneI recommend that if he spends 50% of his time away from a piano that he get a compact digital piano (one that can be easily st
Thanks so much, everyone. My daughter did a quick factory reset and that seemed to do the trick--at least for now (fingers crossed)
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts John Broadwood Grand by BrightonPianoBoy @ 07/24/15 08:12 PM

Evening/morning all, new to the forum, please forgive any errors etc. I probably can't upload pics yet because I'm a piano world Virgin Just bought a JB grand and trying to research its history, it is a rosewood grand with 21100 engraved on the lid
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin D vs. Baldwin SD-10 by gynnis @ 07/24/15 08:10 PM

You might also want to get Del to comment. I think he was at Baldwin during the change over, or close to the change over. Personally, I liked the early SD-10. Never played one of the earlier D's.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pin rust by cordoba @ 07/24/15 08:07 PM

I understand yours doubt.You can to try with Coke and to avoid any risk with acids. The time of the reaction depend of the rust the pin have.Nevertheless you can stop the reaction with washing (enough)when at your judgment the pin is free of rust. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Transcribing Music!! by Piano Master 757 @ 07/24/15 07:35 PM

Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: What do you want to see in a next gen digital piano? by Pedro_Henrique @ 07/24/15 07:09 PM

I would love to see actions that feel good, solid, and heavy enough to play Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, Liszt, Bartok and so on. No stretching or looping would be awesome, better resonance would be a lot nicer. For me, actions that feel solid, heavy, bu
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts PTG by Piano World @ 07/24/15 05:12 PM

PTG new ad
Adult Beginners Forum
Noonie, If you just would like some playable "easy piano" jazz arrangements to play around with, this book of top standards is as approachable as they get and most of the arrangements sound pretty good as written. (as much as that can
Jump to new posts Re: Mono vs Stereo Speakers by peterws @ 07/24/15 04:37 PM

Thing is, with stereo, you should get a spacial feel to the sound. This can vary from slight to great depending on the model and, indeed, fashion unfortunarely. But its a splendid effect imo.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 soley for improving practice? by kippesc @ 07/24/15 04:24 PM

I will play around with it. Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone seen George Winston in concert by JohnSprung @ 07/24/15 02:07 PM

I met George in the late 1970's when I lived on Venice Beach. Helped him push an old upright down the boardwalk, where he was playing. Ran into him again when I was the roadie for Ann Patterson's big band in the early '80's -- we were both on the b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring string diameter by Olek @ 07/24/15 01:48 PM

May be if they have a standard bolt to have the measured piece well jointing. The ones with a spring assisted mechanism are usually to measure fabrics, leather, metal sheets. Those ones are in any case less precise for fine measures. I do not ow
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Two weeks away from release date - August 7! Doing a promotional concert on September 20 at Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) 6pm. Hope to see all of you there for this free event! http://fredericchiu.com/Frederic%20Chiu%20Official%20Website
Piano Forum
Piano casters are almost all ridiculously inadequate. Don't worry about damaging them, they're not worth saving. You could replace them all with blocks and shims to get the height you want and level the instrument. Or replace them all with casters
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N1 successor. by spanishbuddha @ 07/24/15 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By yonatanFast forward 3 years later, i have the same question as OP, does anybody know anything i don't know? I'm thinking to buy an N1. I'm not a beginner, i need the N1 for practicing, teaching, and for my new studio. I need actu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sherman Clay Console by JohnSprung @ 07/24/15 01:01 PM

My brother in law has a 1968 Sherman Clay console made by Daewoo in South Korea. WurliFan's price estimate seems reasonable.
These used: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RXA6
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-loved Yamaha GH1 by PintoBean @ 07/24/15 12:34 PM

Thank you Cassia! Here are some pictures, as requested. My piano on the day it was delivered, on Wednesday, July 15, 2015. An aside...How I scrambled to get a rug delivered by TUESDAY when I ordered it on Saturday...oy! I paid extra for next day
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by Tim Adrianson @ 07/24/15 12:24 PM

Hi, ACS -- Welcome to Piano World! Although this Forum is an appropriate area to share your work, I think two others are better. I personally consider this type of music "New Age", and in the Adult Beginner's Forum there are many people
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Professional Recordings made on NY Steinway B's by Markarian @ 07/24/15 12:22 PM

Thanks everyone! Keep 'em coming, please. I am going to probably start a separate thread for recording stuff soon.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing Steinway Grand Piano by KurtZ @ 07/24/15 12:20 PM

I could simply not live east of the mississippi and not give Rich G and Cunningham Pianos a visit (Philly) if I were shopping. At this level of finance, the trip and the shipping are minor percentages. Also, add my voice to "there's a lot o
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ???
by musicmad
1 minute 9 seconds ago
Best angle for filming piano at home?
by Vlasta
48 minutes 15 seconds ago
Best Digital Pianos
by JDRPiano
Today at 02:09 AM
Selling price for a Schafer & Sons SG-51?
by JDRPiano
Today at 01:24 AM
Kawai uprights? (or others??)
by Mark_C
Today at 01:04 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,170 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,795 Topics
2,430,439 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission