Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Yamaha's Flagship Store Today by phantomFive @ 07/26/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Bösendorfer had other options in terms of new ownership that were supported by the unions at the company level (i.e, the workers), but not necessarily at the ÖGB/SPÖ/political level. What option was supported by the workers
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N1 vs N2/N3 (TRS and keytops) by Digitalguy @ 07/26/14 01:32 PM

I tried the 575 a couple of days ago and I have tried, among others, the CA95 and I prefer the 575 for the action (realistic and definitely heavier, but I seem to understand that 585 is lighter) but I clearly prefer the sound of the Kawai to the CFX
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by sophial @ 07/26/14 01:29 PM

I looked up some bio information on Cohen. He apparently started his musical studies at age 5 and graduated from university in Brazil with honors degrees in piano and violin as well as studying engineering (a polymath!). He worked as a professional
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by Starr Keys @ 07/26/14 12:09 PM

I thought it would be helpful to give an example of what I was talking about in my last post. Here is an example of one of the most common progressions used in classical and popular music from my Theory II study guide. It was recommened we learn it
Pianist Corner
Regarding the OP, is it possible that some textures, lush and gorgeous as they are, are so dense that halving from two hands to one, or slowing down, may enhance enjoyment?
Adult Beginners Forum
I've been playing piano for 2 years now, without having a single hour of explanation by a teacher. I was in the exact same situation as you. I did not want to have a teacher, and have to learn classical musics that I just hate. There's no need to if
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toyama Piano- A Year On. by joe80 @ 07/26/14 11:33 AM

To be honest I think the price point of the Toyama will make it sell fairly easily but it doesn't sound like you want or need to! Well done and I'm glad you're happy with the piano. You know, if a piano is well balanced then the size is less importan
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performing Chopin's preludes by Damon @ 07/26/14 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoIn this century, and the one before, the common practice is/was to perform the preludes as a set. Some pianists didn't, most do now, and it is a good tradition, all 24 keys within say 40 minutes, and a full psychogr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SAP Renovation by PhilipInChina @ 07/26/14 09:27 AM

I would agree wholeheartedly.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Please join us for a benefit recital featuring Yuan Sheng this coming Tuesday, July 29th @ 7:30pm. Mr Sheng is returning for his 4th benefit performance and will be playing later works by Beethoven on the Bosendorfer; Vienna ca 1830. Admission to thi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: rnapleYes, Weakky... you're wrong. It's worth a new thread on one of those because. There may already be files in existence for that piece of music. People there who can definitely identify it. Being a young piano player has no
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Dr Popper @ 07/26/14 06:08 AM

Yeah that demo was just complete rubbish ....
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with hearing chord progressions by dire tonic @ 07/26/14 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TimR I've looked for something similar online without success. If you can recommend a site I'd appreciate it. I'm not a candidate for this myself but it should be fairly easy to find an ear-test 'buddy'. Using Skype, each o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by Gary D. @ 07/26/14 03:25 AM

I think these "revamp" projects are harder, when the teaching has been bad, but if they turn around they can be incredibly rewarding. One thing I have found is that students who start with me often do not appreciate what I am doing until t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: where to "advertise" in northern California? by AZNpiano @ 07/26/14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: malkin Some posters had discounted the value of a web site or questioned the practice of conducting a web search on names from a list; I only wanted to express the utility of using google to check names from a list before callin
Jump to new posts Broadway medley by cheni @ 07/26/14 02:10 AM

Does anyone know where I can download/purchase broadway medleys arranged by Stan whitmire??
Composer's Lounge
Ok, Sorry, Didn't see that part.
Adult Beginners Forum
Wouter, thanks for sharing your interesting analogy about driving and performing. I think its very apt. Elssa, I love Debussy and agree with you that his music is dreamy and has a similar effect to hearing water in a waterfall. Maybe he is the on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by Derulux @ 07/25/14 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: wouter79I said bad tool, not broken tool. A top quality screwdriver of the wrong size will also damage your screws. So you did. But I think using a screwdriver that is the wrong size would be a perfect example of using a tool
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Invention in F Minor by SunnyFriday @ 07/25/14 10:21 PM

Sibelius can become addictive. Now I have to get back to practicing piano or my new teacher will fire me. midi pdf
Jump to new posts Re: Help! serious hum from Casio PX-130 by gynnis @ 07/25/14 09:20 PM

If you can get a separate power supply and temporarily substitute it for the one you have the problem might go away. 82 Hz is a rather odd frequency, so it's not likely to be AC hum. Originally I thought you had a grounding issue to your amplifier
Adult Beginners Forum
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by sullivang @ 07/25/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic Preload is what's taken off the hard drive (or SSD) and placed into RAM waiting to be delivered (super-fast, as only RAM can) to the audio interface via the buffer (the other thing). Yes, that's essentially correct.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Sonata "Programs" by beet31425 @ 07/25/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoAll very good ideas and remarks, mine will be slight. I think that Liszt had the urge to do something 'serious' after his virtuoso-years, Chopin had just vanished, he himself just settled in Germany, love and relig
Jump to new posts Re: First steps for improvisers and composers by KlinkKlonk @ 07/25/14 05:28 PM

I liked "the force" better before they introduced the "midi chlorians" It used to be something everyone could have access to, but then it turned into some Ayn Rand crap. But of course that's how it work in reality, the only thing
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
100 registered (angga888, Anticlock, Art_Vandelay, ando, 31 invisible), 1308 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156242 Topics
2294606 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:36 AM
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:06 AM
What piano do i have?
by allana
07/28/14 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
07/28/14 11:15 PM
Mixer
by doremi
07/28/14 10:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission