Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
84 registered (angga888, Anita Potter, Artur Gajewski, Alan_Dublin, 18 invisible), 1226 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Its a long process. Be sure to bring your water bottle!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Hakkicarey, this was very good as always. I am always impressed by your clean and thoughtful playing, be it a little piece like this or a major work. And your piano sounds great. Thank you Hakki. Of course - I can say the sam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity, again by Phil Greenough @ 11/21/14 03:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Markarian; I shall pose the question on the Digital forum. Phil
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn Piano Trio No. 1 by carey @ 11/21/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIs this from the Liszt competition for young pianists? If so, how did you do? I especially liked the part at 4:35. He did well. You can go to the website and find out !!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Plate crack by Chris Leslie @ 11/21/14 02:59 PM

Plate crack
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A pedal was fell out from the main body by hschungforhome @ 11/21/14 02:48 PM

Robert45 & tunerjuff, Thank you very much for your answers on my concerns.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by Grandpianoman @ 11/21/14 02:33 PM

Hi Howard, Just saw this....wonderful! Sound is excellent, well balanced etc, as well as the video angles and hd. Love the performers and the music! Great sounding Baldwin....what year/model? In your earlier post, you mentioned all of the performe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can a piano tech ... by Keith D Kerman @ 11/21/14 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusfind out if some technical problem is the fault of the piano or the player(or both)? Some of the technical problems I'm thinking of are: 1. Playing pp 2. Repetition of single notes 3. Trills Are there new pianos to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original method for harmonic hearing development by keystring @ 11/21/14 01:19 PM

What I see in your method is a form of biofeedback. It's like when someone learns to regulate his heartbeat which is beyond his physical awareness, by aiming toward another thing he is aware of such as a particular tone or colour that artificially e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ohlsson at Wigmore by Midlife_Piano @ 11/21/14 01:02 PM

This is the review from last night's Concert Featured Garrick Ohlsson. It was amazing to watch him performing. http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainm...33ef_story.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Petrof piano by Norbert @ 11/21/14 01:01 PM

Petrof's pricings has gone through the roof in recent years this, without any apparent improvements of product. Apparently the reason one of Canada's largest retail chain recently dropped the entire line. This, after having been direct importers fo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 VS Kawai MP7 by Hookxs @ 11/21/14 11:43 AM

I had a chance to try both ES7 and MP7 side by side (almost) recetly and I have this question for Kawai James (ideally) or anyone who tried them both. Is the action, and specifically the texture of the keys, exactly identical in these two models? Bec
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by Oklabecca @ 11/21/14 11:40 AM

Ok. Adult beginner poking my nose in here. Ask her what music she loves to listen to. Look at her cell phone and see what music she has on it. Then, ask her which of these she'd like to learn to play and find music for it for her. Work through it w
Jump to new posts Re: McMorrow Duplex Patent Question by A454.7 @ 11/21/14 11:18 AM

How many notes grouped together on one rest? These all, then, would have the same NSLs (i.e., however many notes on that one rest). Correct? These polymer rests are 3.5mm tall, 5-10mms in length, and then however wide to accommodate a certain number
Jump to new posts Re: Success taming a Yamaha GA1? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/21/14 10:39 AM

It has the same effect as increasing speaking length would as regards pitch change a given rotational change in the tuning pin produces.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I guess that Marcus refers to the generation of even eighths, not triplet rhythm that he definitely heard. His playing rhythm reminds his teacher (as written on the internet) - Jean Michel Pilc , especially passages .In YouTube you can see a c
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Invention in F minor by havier @ 11/21/14 08:43 AM

My reaction was that the piece was trying to be an invention. I kept waiting for the theme to reappear to guide me. I suggest changing either bar 1 or bar 3 so that they match. With out that, its easy to get lost in all the notes.
Jump to new posts Re: Giving a warranty by UnrightTooner @ 11/21/14 07:51 AM

You could do like the old piano manufacturers did. Ever see the decals that say the piano is fully warranted for 10 years? If there is a problem, just return the piano to the factory!
Jump to new posts Re: Will Tune for Tears by UnrightTooner @ 11/21/14 07:48 AM

She had a number of keyboards, but missed the sound of an acoustical piano. That could mean many things, but for her it meant resonance. She specifically mentioned that she heard strings that were previously tuned, being excited as the tuning progres
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by BrianDX @ 11/21/14 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: VidOriginally Posted By: BrianDXBought the Yamaha AvantGrand N1, returned it two weeks later. Sort of quoting Roger Ebert. "I just hated, hated, hated this piano". The good news is, this led to the purchase of our C2
Jump to new posts Re: earlofmar by johan d @ 11/21/14 04:52 AM

And you are...
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Recording issue by Markarian @ 11/21/14 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesMarkarian, thank you for your analysis of this situation. I briefly tried to check the filesystem (and cluster size) of Kawai formatted sticks but was unsuccessful. I recall one tool I used just reported the filesys
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Tremolo by Nikolas @ 11/21/14 03:24 AM

What Michael says, but it is, indeed, a poor notation. What tempo are we talking about here?
Jump to new posts Re: Can you recommend me a new digital piano? by bluebilly @ 11/21/14 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: galamoth193Hi, I currently own the Yamaha YPG-235 but I think its time to get something better. One of the reasons why I dont like my current keyboard is because it doesn't have that "heavy" feel on the keys. I saw the
Jump to new posts Odd Bladwin by Gerry G @ 11/21/14 01:53 AM

Saved from the trash heap
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159308 Topics
2340188 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission