Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (Alexander Hanysz, Anwar, BachToTheFuture, AZNpiano, 12 invisible), 1659 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diapason 64 key mini piano by obhowardmusic @ 01/15/17 10:32 AM

No I have a studio where my digital instruments reside...digital has its place, but I want a real piano in my home for recording reasons.
Piano Forum
Quote:Also, don't discount the importance of a skilled technician as a means to improve any new or used piano. Got to see a lovely transformation today of an inexpensive new grand with just an additional 20 minutes of voicing work after a careful tun
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts It Don't Mean a Thing....... by Simon Hester @ 01/15/17 09:50 AM

Dear Friends Here is my second performance of the new year....very similar chord changes, but very different tune! https://youtu.be/f5OR_BSoxSY
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Intermezzo E Flat Major Op 117 No 1 by Tony007 @ 01/15/17 08:42 AM

Thanks a lot, Mark C, for listening to my little encore and sharing your impression! I'm glad you like what I did! Best regards Tony
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My fiancee surprised me! by Ian Canzler @ 01/15/17 08:28 AM

What a great story! How exciting is that, what a great gift and delivery. You have found a great fiancé, good spirit. Blessings to you and your future wife and family. Years of fun on your beautiful grand!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
If you are looking for a cheaper way into a digital piano, I think you might want to start looking at a none too old second hand one over something like this.. Or even a slab style one - those can be had for less than the price of one of these things
Member Recordings
La La Land - Mia & Sebastian's Theme (Piano Cover + Tutorial) To La La Land, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone fans Here is my piano cover on the beautiful "Mia & Sebastian's Theme" from La La Land. Such a lovely waltz-feel song. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by AndrewGleibman @ 01/15/17 05:09 AM

Thanks again James, Happy New Year! Actually, I found several Virtual Technician parameters, which affect the key post-strike sounds, and some of them are great - especially in combination with half-pedaling and reverb options. BTW, I highly reco
Jump to new posts Rhapsody II - Original composition by stylerhun @ 01/15/17 05:03 AM

Dear All, I have just finished my new piece Rhapsody II for "album" "Hope". This is my more "complex" piece and It took me 1.5 year to finish it, because I made it from different parts I also made a solo pian
Dear All! This is the 2. nocturne that I learned from Chopin. I posted it 1-2 weeks ago here, but I tried to corrigate what you mentioned. I changed the piano voice to a brighter one which is better for this piece I think.
to Marc : I am glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate your kind reply, it means a lot to me! thank you. to Jeremy : thanks for sharing your childhood memories! they stay always within us, no matter how distant may seem. and yes, the arrangement i
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K300 by Raytiaa @ 01/15/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By Paolo C As it often happens, the piano sounded much louder in my living room than at the shop, so I installed a few panels to absorb noise. Compared to other pianos, K300 notes in the high registry sound maybe a bit too brillian
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to upgrade from PX110 by Charles Cohen @ 01/15/17 02:19 AM

IMHO (based on short testing) the FP-80 action ("Ivory Feel-S" -- the "S" matters) is significantly better than the Casio. The FP-80's sound generator is "SuperNatural" -- sample-based -- but good. The FP-90 has both n
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neen help with Yahama disclavier by aomf @ 01/15/17 02:17 AM

Thank you soooo much!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Krakauer Bros. Piano by BDB @ 01/15/17 02:13 AM

One does not rebuild a piano in order for it to come out the way it was when the rebuilding started. I believe Chopsticks05 meant that the way the piano would be passed on would be the same as it was passed on to him or her.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome by Nahum @ 01/15/17 01:56 AM

If we consider a metronome as a conductor, than the starting point of counting must be the last beat in the bar - "And ". Conductor is expressing this in initial backswing the hands on upbeat.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone know what keyboard this is...? by Musical Dan @ 01/15/17 12:59 AM

Korg Kronos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Played one? by Retsacnal @ 01/15/17 12:48 AM

Funny you posted about this company. They're built near where I lived in Germany when I was a kid, and I even visited the factory once. Friends of ours had an upright Pfeiffer, and I played it some back then (we moved back to the US in 1980). I also
Member Recordings
League Of Angels II (LoA 2) - Elf Realm Theme Music (Piano Cover by Amosdoll + Piano Tutorial) Hello League Of Angels enthusiasts, League of angels 2 has been released, and the music inside it is awesome. Take a listen to this calm and ethereal them
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Jeanne Stark on PBS by AZ_Astro @ 01/14/17 09:17 PM

I enjoyed watching the short video of Jeanne Stark. She has seen a lot in her 90 years!
Adult Beginners Forum
On average I'd say 10:1 (10 hours practice per week, and an hour lesson). Some weeks it's more like 7:1, although this week it's more like 15:1 (I'm trying really hard to learn all three movements of the Clementi Sonatina; 7 pages in all, very hard
Jump to new posts Re: Duplex Scale? by drewr @ 01/14/17 08:47 PM

Peter, Roland - Duplex Scale, yes, present on HP508 and is among several parameters customizable via PianoDesigner menu that can adjust from 0 (off) to 10(max) and if I recall correctly, factory default is 5. A nice feature of Piano Designer is a de
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 01/14/17 08:25 PM

Thanks again, you guys. I'm off to dance -
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: making piano hammers lighter (Ed McMorrow?) by Phil Stewart @ 01/14/17 08:22 PM

Bernard Mollberg has a tapering jig that uses a spring to hold the hammer tightly for use on the table saw. He tapers all of his hammers after they are hung. I've used a similar jig but found it was safer and easier to freehand them on a disc sander.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by earlofmar @ 01/14/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By torquenaleearlofmar, Also ABRSM second session is on November - December, so it looks like we will suffer in the same period I started preparing for the exam six months ago and still feel I have a long way to go, so suffer
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DP for 6 year old beginners
by SSK
01/17/17 09:32 PM
Inability to adapt to heavy keys?
by Nicholas Mihaila
01/17/17 07:21 PM
Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M?
by jrcallan
01/17/17 07:13 PM
An Off Day
by nancyde
01/17/17 06:10 PM
Twin Peaks - bass sound
by rychubil
01/17/17 05:56 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,274 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,829 Topics
2,589,446 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission