Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
61 registered (AndyP, Albunea, anotherscott, 15 invisible), 919 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for bridle straps? by Olek @ 05/27/15 07:36 AM

very unusual design on European pianos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played Grand Piano ... by wouter79 @ 05/27/15 07:03 AM

Same here! Also I am attracted to the top segment but after long searching I found a 2nd hand restored Grotrian that sounds top but fitted my wallet
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by UnderConstruction @ 05/27/15 06:04 AM

Thanks earlofmar and CarlosCC. Its good to know of such a community online. earlofmar: indeed, it is a cautionary tale, the lesson I learnt from it is to bring someone who already plays the piano to go piano shopping that very first time! Over the l
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoSehOwFS0
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any drum (Percussion) comping apps? by htiosc85 @ 05/27/15 05:49 AM

Thanks, i will take a try on it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Composing a Waltz by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 05/27/15 03:45 AM

I'd stick with the conventional 3/4 time signature ... Steve is correct however ... there is a magnificent "quasi-waltz" in the second movement of the Tchaikovsky Sixth Symphony. It is breath takingly beautiful with a lovely little un
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Key Sensitivity/Dynamics by maurus @ 05/27/15 03:12 AM

With your background I consider the cheapest, but still half decent digital pianos to be the Yamaha P155/255, and Kawai ES7 (perhaps ES100 - I haven't played it, some people like it). In terms of action alone, the Yamahas (with GH action) get my vote
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: useful? Fun video with my son by Nikolas @ 05/27/15 01:33 AM

That's the 10 page score I was talking about. Score's ready, but I tried it out half an hour ago with my son and it doesn't fully work, so I have to correct everything. But thanks Whizbang! ^_^ much obliged!
Piano Forum
Thank you for your reply. Yes it is quite a stretch for me. I think I have small hands. I am an adult though so they are not getting any bigger. I tried the chord you mentioned (was I supposed to play it with the octave C as well?). I played it with
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Jay Roland re RD64 by Jay Roland @ 05/27/15 12:06 AM

If such things ever come to fruition, this will be the first place I come to tell the glorious news. Jay
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ 05/27/15 12:05 AM

I'll make a point of asking the guys in service tomorrow if they have this information. I'm at head office for some meetings, so IF i can steal away long enough to get the info, I'll post when I can. Aftertouch works a treat on it though. Jay
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stage fright....(and all that jazz) by wr @ 05/26/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOne more piece of advice: stay away from other performers who are nervous. Nerves are catching! Back in the days when I performed, the opposite was often true for me. If I was performing with someone who was nervous, I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String covers? by Grandpianoman @ 05/26/15 11:20 PM

Thanks JIMBOB.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by hreichgott @ 05/26/15 09:55 PM

I'm teaching this piece right now, just working from my Henle Urtext, and had no idea there was any doubt about the location of the Schluss. Thanks for bringing that up. I did think it was interesting that it doesn't end on the tonic. (The only sect
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Texas, anyone? by ec @ 05/26/15 09:32 PM

Reading the post by TwoSnowflakes about Curtis piano camp inspired me to ask: is anyone out there going to Piano Texas at TCU this year? Only 15 more sleeps for us Active Observers (we are celebrating "The Poet of the Piano", Chopin, so i
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outoIt is an unfortunate fact that one little mistake can get really annoying when you listen to something more than once or twice. It probably would not be even that noticeable in live performance. So it's perfectly understandab
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Dreamer by Cmin @ 05/26/15 06:24 PM

Hi! I just wanted to share my video. Dreamer on Youtube For the recording I used a Roland FP-80 keyboard with Pianoteq. Enjoy!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ 05/26/15 05:20 PM

That's a change from the Fandangos! Very nice.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by Albunea @ 05/26/15 05:04 PM

Hi I don't know how I learnt my native language And, yes, I am not forgetting I want to be able to play by ear some day so try to do some little things to improve it, though I know it will be slow.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2 by LFYM @ 05/26/15 04:36 PM

I find that you need to rotate so much your hand that I end up missing the pinky sometimes. I'm gonna try to practice a bit more.
Jump to new posts Re: 'More piano' under a grand by Cue Zephyr @ 05/26/15 04:01 PM

I've been using a set of KRK RP6 G2 monitors for about 6 years now. So I think I'm gonna be OK for speakers. As I see it, the console pianos like the 860 are a lot of box for the money. The PX-760 or PX-780 however are a possibility, and maybe the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: J. P. Schiedmayer, G 314 by Withindale @ 05/26/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By ManAs the owner is not playing, I somehow fear that she may discard it before I can see it, or anybody else interested. That would be a pity. What if it was a hidden gem? Someone on Clavio, the German forum, said that pianos li
Adult Beginners Forum
Immediately thought of this thread and had to laugh. I was watching Howard Goodall's Big bangs ; The invention of Notation. He had trained choristers play a game of Gregorian Whispers, and it was amazing how wrong they got it..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by CarlosCC @ 05/26/15 02:52 PM

Thanks! I've done my survey. Nice to see all that charts of the results.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts More RD760 by dewster @ 05/26/15 02:18 PM

ditto
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Gabriel Morel
by musicpassion
05/30/15 02:04 AM
Gabriel Morel composer info
by musicpassion
05/30/15 02:01 AM
Blues piano method books
by Stabby
05/29/15 08:07 PM
Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853
by Chuck Watson
05/29/15 05:17 PM
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
05/29/15 04:10 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,435 Topics
2,412,404 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission