Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (ando, achi, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 36251, 32 invisible), 1475 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Way Over The Top by dynamobt @ 08/27/15 12:13 PM

Gorgeous!!! Lucky you!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ 08/27/15 11:13 AM

I believe it's based on "Elements"! I also know that he will be in Portugal - Lisbon, mid April
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing a digital piano... I travel a LOT by anotherscott @ 08/27/15 10:16 AM

I'm with those who would not consider a Casio NP 'toy'. [/quote] The NP models being discussed are Yamaha. Regardless, they don't sound bad, and, as far as unweighted actions go, they're better than many others. Side observation: The thread started
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Digitalguy @ 08/27/15 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By cunparisOriginally Posted By Digitalguy At this stage I would wait. There is the ipad pro (or whatever it's going to be called) coming in a couple of weeks that might well be better than the SP3 for sheet music, even if you don't
Piano Forum
There have been a study of coupled strings behaviour, by the Stanford University in 2014,that sort of agree with the above post. The tuner, being conscious or no of those "phase questions", maintain the pitch when adding a second string,
Jump to new posts Re: Considering to buy a Yamaha YDP-162 by Frédéric L @ 08/27/15 04:38 AM

Only some old Clavinovas have GH keyboard. Nowadays, they have GH3 keyboard or more evolved. Another differences are the sound generation (RGE instead of Pure CF sampling... This makes the timbre to evoluate smoothly with the velocity and not step by
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Arius YDP-181 Sticky Keys by Kaan Ergen @ 08/27/15 04:27 AM

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2453018.html#Post2453018 http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2449509
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/moEQQA8cQ14
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by PBL @ 08/27/15 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By elendilHamborg is not as easily accessible from my location (Copenhagen) as it would be from Jutland or Funen, but it's a good suggestion. Since you are in Copenhagen can't you visit digitalpiano.dk? They claim to have one of the
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Leonid @ 08/27/15 02:20 AM

Is anybody using RD-800 with MainStage 3? Have strange issues, like ticks in clicks with MainStage piano sounds.
Piano Forum
Direct link.
Adult Beginners Forum
It's now available at the Book Depository for $22 or so (also via Amazon sellers) http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Art-of-Piano-Playing/9781871082456
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts FNAF Song - Stay Calm - Griffinilla (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ 08/26/15 11:28 PM

https://youtu.be/XPmSp6RL5wg
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/dVL7HPCcBxk
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By akeymanHi, I'm new to have pianos and recently I bought my first upright piano, a Kawai , I do not know who the model is but the serial number is the 82 year apparently. Now the person who sold me the Piano is offering me change
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne in D Flat Major- Op 27 No 2 by khopin @ 08/26/15 08:13 PM

Hello Tim Thank you very much for your comments. I love this nocturne and I wanted to play it since some years a go, but I thought I couldn't be able to play it. As you have noticed, I have made a lot of effort to play it. I think it is a big achie
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should I voice or wait by Withindale @ 08/26/15 07:22 PM

As an amateur I've found it pays to clean up the strings and their terminations (wage war on microdust, etc.) but that's only part of the regulation check list before you get to voicing.
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by bkw58 @ 08/26/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By RonTunerHow do I reserve a seat there? Seems that I'm tuning more now that I'm retired! Ron Koval Hi Ron: Don't be in too much of a rush. It's a lot more exciting where you are :-) Best wishes,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "The Leeds" by boogiewoogie123 @ 08/26/15 06:24 PM

if only I lived in the UK. I wish I could go to an event like that, which was around the corner. I live in New York in the suburbs and if I wanted to see world class pianists like that play I would have to commute to the city which is a pain.
Jump to new posts Re: Teflon lube by Olek @ 08/26/15 05:15 PM

Nice tip, the moisten ing thanks for sharing. I suppose more graphite is inserted, and it is easier to burnish then. If you can obtain the liquid graphite sold by Renner, they are excellent, they close the grain somehow and burnish easily. (liqu
A Solution That Works For Me --- I bought this external pedal and it works great with the Cicada as a replacement for the broken pedal. Tactile feedback and very quick response in ForScore. Very inexpensive solution too. Therefore I'll be retu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: US Government Ivory Ban by Rickster @ 08/26/15 04:19 PM

As always, thanks for your efforts, Sally! I hope all is well with you! Rick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What texture should the sharps have? by benjamink @ 08/26/15 01:25 PM

Plastic always feels more difficult to control when my hands get sweaty. I prefer wood.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inspired by "Rare Instruments" thread by Rich Galassini @ 08/26/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By OlekThat is a very nice video and show, thanks for providing. There is at least one other piano comparison show from him, with modern instruments, you find it easily on youtube Yes Cathy. He and I have spoken about you... a
Jump to new posts Re: Beckstien L wound strings? by Bob @ 08/26/15 11:16 AM

The Trichord Agraffes look original - the pin block is drilled for trichords but that's not original. Sounds like they were in the process of switching to wound bi-chords, which the hitch pins reflect, but strung it with plain wire.
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
gospel or sacred music
by seniormoment
08/30/15 01:46 PM
Does sight reading help in general?
by Evaldas
08/30/15 01:31 PM
Suggestions for Easy Jazz Arrangements for Xmas?
by newbert
08/30/15 11:29 AM
U3 scale design and inharmonicity
by Ivan M.
08/30/15 10:28 AM
reflecting material behind an upright
by Ivan M.
08/30/15 10:11 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,529 Topics
2,440,412 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission