Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
119 registered (agraffe, Andrei Anghel, Anne'sson, accordeur, 34 invisible), 1391 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tackling a "Too Difficult" Piece by BruceD @ 05/21/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By StartwithBachBruce, I agree with your sentiments on this. That said, I am looking forward to looking at the music when it arrives. Worst case scenario, it becomes an impossible monstrosity and goes back into the music cabinet for
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Acoustic grand piano] Jose Craem - Divinum tremens by JoseCraem @ 05/21/16 11:00 AM

Listen to the new album by Spanish composer Jose Craem . Also available on iTunes , Amazon Music , Spotify and Google Play Some photos of the day we did the recording in the Mozart Hall of Zaragoza www.facebook.com - Photo Gallery
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transition time between lessons? by Morodiene @ 05/21/16 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Gary D. On one occasion two parents, divorced, had an out and out battle right after a lesson and I could not even start the next lesson because they wanted a piece of each other, right in front of t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by Charles Cohen @ 05/21/16 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By DrewBone . . . So here I am, having played the piano for 51 years, and now I've been reduced to playing a lousy $599 digital piano? Heavens to Murgatroid!! Dear me, what would my Grade 18² ABRSM piano friends think if this news
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich 87 Edition by Bochi @ 05/21/16 08:27 AM

Boosey is now offering a four volume edition of Op 87 based on Vol 113 of the DSCH collected works: it is less than half the price of the eye-wateringly expensive DSCH volume, although still not exactly cheap. Boosey claims many differences between
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 05/21/16 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By laguna_gregOriginally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuse Well you must be an incredibly good teacher. With incredibly talented students. I can't imagine a seven or eight year-old being able to read all those chords and scale pattern
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Tim Richards: Improvising Blues Piano by AndrewJCW @ 05/21/16 04:46 AM

I got my books! I had a good listen to the Exploring Jazz Piano CD at work today and am very excited to get stuck in. I love the structure of these books. Here's my take of the first song from Improvising Blues Piano. I'll post more to the thread as
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by casinitaly @ 05/21/16 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano[quote=Gary D.] Is signing up their kids for 40 different activities their way of demonstrating love? In a way, yes, I think it is. In my experience the kids that are doing so many things are the ones with parents wh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Production Grand? Reviews? by EssBrace @ 05/21/16 03:30 AM

A previous member here was an early adopter and made some recordings of it. He shared them with me quite a while back. For what it's worth I thought it sounded outstanding.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did CHOPIN do to me ?!? by Panolof @ 05/21/16 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By PanolofJeff Buckley's Hallelujah. You mean Leonard Cohen! Whom you should go listen to immediately if you like all those other things you mentioned. Some might say he is the singer-songwriter equiv
Member Recordings
Hello FNAF enthusiasts, bringing you a piano cover on iTownGameplay's FNAF3 song. It has quite a catchy theme Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/lRcmKz1MgnY Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/AgjQmYz1fMg
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The main reason I didn't like Entropy Tuner was the time required to measure the notes. I can tune them in the same amount of time it takes to record them. And you must use a laptop equipped with a good mic to have accurate measurements. I tried w
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by musicNow @ 05/21/16 12:41 AM

Chuck, I am really enjoying your photo essay for the restoration of the Walworth Upright. I own two Ivers Pond uprights that I love dearly - They were both in relatively good condition when I bought them a couple years ago. I'm not a piano tech, but
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer return spring by daniokeeper @ 05/21/16 12:08 AM

Bob, Your springs arrived here today. I just wanted to thank you again for your help. -Joe
I believe the stress of the string being bent over the bottom of the coil is a bigger problem than the string being bent up at the bottom of the coil. The stress of going over the coil is pretty severe. I remember new 45" Steinway from years ago
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Duet for oboe and clarinet by currawong @ 05/20/16 10:55 PM

OK, thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarI don't think Fundamental Keys has been abandoned you can still buy the original and book 1 of the revised new series. My experience has led me to believe the site is temporarily if not permanently abandoned. I emailed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Experience Playing "Before-beat" Music by dmd @ 05/20/16 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By MacMorrighanNo, because ..... Not unexpected.
sorry i think you are misunderstand me we have this model's parameter in Chinese already I just want to make a subtitle in that video ,and then put the video in our company's website for propaganda CA15 is produced in our company ,our company co-
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Tim, I've enjoyed exploring these compositions too. Although Kazhlayev's roots are in the Late Romantic style, the occasional dissonances makes me wonder if he is beginning to experiment in the Modern style. But then again, he composed the Six P
Piano Forum
Cool, just realized this ancient thread got slightly revived, so I can ask a question of Del regarding the below quote. Del, what is the break angle over a piano bridge, because for a down bearing force to be only a few hundred pounds as you say, th
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Scintillation for 12 Piccolos by Stephen_Doonan @ 05/20/16 06:18 PM

I really like this. Very interesting idea, and I love what it changes to about midway through.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Virtual Harpsichord Thus Far? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 05/20/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By AidanThe Yamaha CP4 has some of the best harpsichord tones I've come across, with proper release noise etc. But of course, no piano action will feel like the real thing. The search goes on for a realistic hardware harpsichord
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Why Do Classical Music Competitions Have Age Limits? by woolmusic @ 05/20/16 05:22 PM

I made this Youtube video and put the question out to the world to see what people had to say. Feel free to watch and comment. Why Do Classical Music Competitions Have Age Limits?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by ebonykawai @ 05/20/16 04:55 PM

I downloaded the app to see what it was like, it's quite nice, but they don't have anything at my level. I wish they had CDs. I tried to order one for 3B but it's not completed yet, so no go. I'm starting Unit 3 in 3B, so you're just a hop ahead of m
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Weird question
by Inkwolf
05/24/16 01:38 PM
OK. Where do I start?
by JLeeSC
05/24/16 01:03 PM
1895 W.W. Kimball Piano
by Daugherty
05/24/16 11:17 AM
Hammond A-405 vs Roland AT-900 platinum edition
by maninironmask
05/24/16 11:04 AM
Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES100 vs Yamaha P115
by Estiui
05/24/16 10:16 AM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,900 Topics
2,527,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission