Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (barbaram, alerique, Ayado, AndyP, 17 invisible), 1011 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Little fugue for string quartet (original) by rachconcerto @ 02/06/16 12:13 PM

Thanks for your feedback ! As for writing a fugue, it is not really difficult if you focus on each voice at a time. For my part, ideas just came, I didn't struggle much to find other voices. I intend to continue the fugue and develop it with a maj
Piano Forum
The magic for leather is to use the regular Nivea body creme in the blue can. rub it on the leather, let it absorb and later clean the excess off. That is the trick used on 99.99% of Italian leather products, from sofas to jacket to shoes.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts All my little ducklings | Alle meine Entchen by Mr. Pianoman @ 02/06/16 11:47 AM

My new video is online. It's a piano & vocals arrangement of the German children's song "all my little ducklings" (orig. title: Alle meine Entchen). Enjoy it
Adult Beginners Forum
One problem with music theory is how it is often presented. I can't comment on how the course being discussed presents it, but I often see real "wind bag" expositions on theory, making it seem unapproachable. What most people might need f
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Ear training scale degree software. by KlinkKlonk @ 02/06/16 10:02 AM

Im confused. Is that the android app? How can one use midi on ze phone? Appärently one can hook up google chrome with midi. But that's beyond my patience.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by Palmpirate @ 02/06/16 09:27 AM

Thanks Laguna_greg, I checked back to Happypianomuse and found her information very interesting. Happily I expect I am only filling in for a while until my grandkids can get a spot with my teacher and he can do the more formal teaching. I will be mor
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Blues beater I see the full gamut of DYI in the field of automotive mechanics. There are those that are doomed to make a mess, but there are also those who perform repairs every bit as well as a pro
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Fantasy In E Minor" by Larry G. Alexander @ 02/06/16 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By Stephen_DoonanAlthough the infectious rhythm is rather regular (with a few very interesting surprises), it's hard to tell where the melody and harmony is going to go next, which makes the piece very interesting. It has the relent
Member Recordings
Just recorded it today.. hope you like it! https://youtu.be/i1RJXGSHFvw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing of the trill Invention no 1 by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/06/16 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By DreamOfSleepingI've just started learning Bach's invention no 1 and I'm trying to play the trill in the first bar. I've been researching it and I know there is some debate on what notes to play, but I think I will stick with C-B-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 Sign Up Thread by earlofmar @ 02/06/16 05:52 AM

Just removing myself from the recital, as I have a little to much going on at the moment. To sign up to the Baroque Themed Recital, hit the quote button of the most recent post with the list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginn
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called "Promise Me" made for undertale. It's a calming melodious song. I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you wa
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called Ashes made for undertale. It's an upbeat song with a catchy melody! I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you want to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: new piano, but too bright by Toddler2 @ 02/06/16 12:27 AM

Late to this thread, but I'm going to have to agree with acoustic treatments group here. You can make a room act larger, or you can make a piano sound different. You can't voice the piano so it will sound the way it sounded to the OP in the large roo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know Tim? by Anne Francis @ 02/06/16 12:04 AM

Possibly... is he an SEO guy?
Piano Teachers Forum
I would start working on expression immediately if the student is playing music at that level but not yet playing expressively. Get some short pieces with interesting dynamic contrasts, engaging mood, and that really pop if you phrase and articulate
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts cat red dot by Monica K. @ 02/05/16 08:32 PM

cat photo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Recording vs Live Performance by SiFi @ 02/05/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By SiFiI thought I was creating a new account and used my FB persona/credentials to log in. Then it turns out I'm DAT_____DOE with a passion for Datsik, Skrillex, and other fine Dubstep artists. Coul
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Brendan -- thanks for the posting! Particularly for the Frescobaldi and the Janacek -- IMO, both of them sound like no one else in the composing world, and you very rarely hear either one. In the Sonata, I ca
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Satie Gymnopedie Wierdness by Johan B @ 02/05/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Sam SNow this is just weird - fascinating, but weird. You have to listen to this: "A sound artist named Brendan Landis, who records as Hey Exit, has created a fascinating piece by combing every known recording of Satie’s
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a piano teacher, what I have to look for? by musicpassion @ 02/05/16 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By loginNevertheless back in august my teacher suggested to start learning proper pieces, starting from simple ones. The first one was Chopin Prelude in E minor, and while I learned it I felt stuck and really have make no progress s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by Johan B @ 02/05/16 05:56 PM

Just ask for another teacher or just look for some other. Good relation and no frustrations is first condition for music education...... Kind regards, Johan B
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A jazzy piano piece of mine.... by Firefinch @ 02/05/16 05:51 PM

I recorded it using cubase. Ivory gold plugin doing the piano. Trillion doing the bass. Sax and drums on some synth plugin bundled with cubase.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by cmybliss @ 02/05/16 04:31 PM

Oooh, I just started Sherzino and you are so right! It's really fun. I need to get it faster so will continue to work on it. I've not reached Lone Star Waltz yet, but the jump on this one is pretty intuitive. Hopefully that will make LSW easier w
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Remembering Paul Bley by Nahum @ 02/05/16 04:20 PM

I remember Paul Bley with a warm feeling. The first time I heard his trio in radio program of Willis Conover in the 60s.; and he captivated me already from the first sounds. It was Ornett's "When Will The Blues Leave" ,it was not like
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
At age 45, what are the limitations?
by sam abdel
02/10/16 04:52 AM
Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano
by TwoThumbs
02/10/16 04:37 AM
Im 45. In reality, how far can I go?
by sam abdel
02/10/16 04:29 AM
Learning your chords
by johan d
02/10/16 01:31 AM
Seeking advice on a compact digital piano
by joshjackson
02/09/16 11:19 PM
Forum Stats
82,529 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,381 Topics
2,493,793 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission