Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (accordeur, Anita Potter, agraffe, alerique, 34 invisible), 1460 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano teacher dilemma by Peter K. Mose @ 02/08/16 01:06 AM

The 30-minutes-a-week sight-reading and aural skills teacher already knows you consider her the subordinate instructor. Just tell her you were too hasty, and now want to go back on your word, and don't want to pay her more than before for a longer le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rudolf Escher, "Arcana", a masterpiece? by Orange Soda King @ 02/07/16 11:09 PM

I think it's deserving of performances on the stage. Thanks for introducing this piece to me!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Ralph @ 02/07/16 09:36 PM

Im originally from Brazil, although many many years ago. I'm amazed at how similar country music from different countries can be. There is a similarity in rhythm and harmony. Here's a quick example that took me 30 seconds to find. I could find man
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by not a piano player @ 02/07/16 08:55 PM

Thanks Kawai James. I can't comment on whether the latest CS10 and CS7 were there as we went straight for the CA based on my prior research. We are going back into the store later this week so we will both ask about the CS and also about getting the
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ 02/07/16 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By ECPSo the discussion begins... what's it worth to you, the buying public, for the privilege to play a digital piano before you buy it? 50-100... more? It depends on how expensive the purchase is. For me, I'll spend an extra $50
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ 02/07/16 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By mom3gramThis morning I completed the Faber Adult Piano Adventures Book 1. Congrats mom3gram!! Well done!!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts For 3 years I practiced my own etude by stalefleas @ 02/07/16 07:30 PM

I wrote this piece not just to create beautiful music, but also to push my left hand technique. When I initially wrote this piece, I had to play it very, very slowly. To play it close to speed, it was incredibly sloppy and the left hand was way t
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts big short marquee by FrankCox @ 02/07/16 07:00 PM

big short marquee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by Piano World @ 02/07/16 06:34 PM

Many thanks to member terminaldegree for providing a great overview of the pianos and keyboards at the 2016 NAMM show. Much appreciated. Our friend and member Glen Barkman of Piano Price Point sent me this link to a virtual tour of NAMM 2016 he crea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $17,800 for a 2000 Estonia L190... Too much?? by Toddler2 @ 02/07/16 05:23 PM

Hi Dre, Congratulations in advance. Estonia makes a beautiful piano and I'm sure you'll love yours for many many years. Todd
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by alerique @ 02/07/16 04:44 PM

Understood. In this situation you are clearly more concerned with loudness then the sound quality, just buy any system from a reputable brand that is loud enough for your purpose?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Introduction and Prelude No. 3 by Robert Cunningham @ 02/07/16 04:13 PM

Steve, I agree that the synthesized string quartet in your link doesn't sound too bad (although it still is pretty obviously synthetic--maybe it isn't "gritty" enough?). And as I told gioioso earlier, I may eventually resort to the electro
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I'm not as familiar with Fauré's music as I should be, so I can't give you any specifics. I did enjoy listening to this quite a bit though. Good work! Nice piano too! Regarding the tuning people have mentioned, I can completely relate to new pianos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering Question by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/07/16 03:54 PM

The most natural fingering probably depends on where you are in your experience at the moment. For me after working on a lot of certain classical pieces the 1st bar is fine and natural. But in the 2nd bar I would use 2-5 and then what might surprise
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell if a piece is your level by Charles Cohen @ 02/07/16 03:34 PM

If you have some keys that you think of as "difficult": ... Practice scales / arpeggios , and sight reading in those keys. They'll stop being "difficult", as they become familiar to you.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by Alexander Borro @ 02/07/16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42There is this very simple "string resonance test", which they like to show on the new Rolands: you place your whole underarm on the lower keys, but slowly, so you silent-press them. Then you play a few notes on
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67, noisy C keys by TomasB @ 02/07/16 03:25 PM

@tabber Thank you very much for your comments, experiments and testing. >> The other keys give a gentle thud, and those two have a slight click added to the noise. Well said, this is the main problem... Playing my CA-67, the noise is even lo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts PianoTeq and Linux by Stephen_Doonan @ 02/07/16 02:54 PM

I saw an ad in the left column of the PianoWorld Forum for PianoTeq, a software tone generator for use with MIDI keyboards and equipment. I've been curious about software synths and tone generators for some time, ever since the war among software sy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Lessons with Claudio Arrau by symphonicdance @ 02/07/16 01:12 PM

English is not my mother tongue so I have some difficulty in visualizing the word descriptions on the techniques and body motions/movements. The lesson (or master class) part (about a few works which Arrau went through his students) is fairly good.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-350 question by T E Bekken @ 02/07/16 11:45 AM

Ok. Thanks!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different colours by musicbased @ 02/07/16 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTPretty cool trick with Photoshop Chris! If you could get a dye that would dissolve in acetone, you may be able to accomplish your goal. Pure acetone will not carry much water into the hammers so the moisture issu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ? by Winkplay @ 02/07/16 08:53 AM

Yes, it's imported from Japan. Wondering if it's worth some of the similarly priced U3 (15 years) or even UX30BL (around 20 years) Found some pictures. [img]http://www.grandg.com/ggblog/newarrival/中古ピアノ-カワイkawai-ds8b-随所にこ
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: GRIEG: MELODY by Hal Freedman @ 02/07/16 08:39 AM

https://youtu.be/rDS4Qf-jmMQ
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai MP11 by lophiomys @ 02/07/16 08:21 AM

JoBert, When you attach monitor speakers at the LINE OUTs/XLRs of the MP7/MP11 exactly those A/D conversion do happen in real live and therefore they are significant for the real audio perceived. (Especially if the electronics involved should have s
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ 02/07/16 06:36 AM

Is good you had a good buying experience. Thanks for sharing.
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingernail hardeners?
by RealPlayer
02/11/16 05:58 PM
Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off
by darrix
02/11/16 04:55 PM
Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11"
by Steve Cohen
02/11/16 04:36 PM
CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences?
by Strat
02/11/16 04:34 PM
Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell
by Ramzi
02/11/16 04:09 PM
Forum Stats
82,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,420 Topics
2,494,411 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission