Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
113 registered (ajames, ando, Alexander Borro, 7sax, Anne'sson, 28 invisible), 2058 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 User Experiences by Percivale @ 12/05/16 07:16 AM

Checking-in.
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by Chris Warren @ 12/05/16 05:53 AM

Thanks. I might try adding a little more reverb on the PT output then, I think it's set to dry room at the mo. Yes, I used the DP line-outs to a 2nd PC running Audacity.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ljud's piano beginner thread by earlofmar @ 12/05/16 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By LjudI see now. It's "simply" what's the most efficient, what finger placement is more beneficial for continuing the piece. But it sure would be nice to have something to go by Not quite right either, your assessmen
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Re: Should I buy this Hammond organ clone? by sinophilia @ 12/05/16 02:41 AM

Oh - that's disappointing. I don't know anything about electric organs, I just liked the look of it and thought it would be fun to play with the weird sound. I have digital pianos that simulate the electric organ sound but this looked much more charm
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My first ragtime by TSWO @ 12/05/16 02:38 AM

Wonderfull! Sparkly and light. It has a ballet-class bouncy music style, but maybe that's just me (being a ballet accompanist for some years now). Great work! Keep it up.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I've been using rubber mutes, but I will order some felt ones - I can see the argument for less side pressure on the strings. Thanks!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Korner&Sohn, Berlin piano by DRK @ 12/05/16 12:11 AM

I have submitted the name of this piano: Korner & Sohn, Berlin. I kindly wish to find out more about the history and its origin. Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P70 - tech/troubleshooting help by Pro-TAC @ 12/04/16 11:06 PM

Congratulations on completing repair work. (^-^)/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Recent Recordings (since 2000) by BruceD @ 12/04/16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By benjaminkI think Hamelin's Godowsky Etudes recording was released around 2000. Yes. To be precise: Recorded 29-31 August 1998, 23, 24, 26 August and 6 October 1999; © date 2000. Regards,
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 7th Piano Bridges Amateur Competition, July 2017, Russia by pianobridges @ 12/04/16 06:59 PM

Dear friends! The 7th Piano Bridges International Competition for Amateur Pianists will be held in St. Petersburg, Russia, from July 2-8, 2017. We welcome amateur pianists aged 17 and above from all c ountries, people of various occupations for
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Tony007That's a very convincing performance, I like it! Sometimes a certain nervousness is not bad, since it can shift us into a "transcendental" mental state That's exactly how I hear it on this recording! Old treas
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev - Toccata by Carey @ 12/04/16 06:39 PM

Bravo !!!!
Tony - It has been several months since we've heard from you - and now we know why....you've been practicing !!! I listened to your Beethoven Opus 10 No. 1 recording two times yesterday from start to finish and enjoyed it very much. Your inter
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by Sam S @ 12/04/16 05:09 PM

My wife is a pretty good amateur player, and she has 5 or 6 harps (I've lost count). Some are custom made. Yes, you change the chord bars to suit. So she has a C-G harp, and D-A, and one for flat keys, and so forth. You get the idea. I think she has
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by ThaiBlue @ 12/04/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By pianopiOriginally Posted By ThaiBlueI love the Casio GP500. I have an acoustic as well but now spend most of my time on the Casio. ThaiBlue, on the GP500, do the keys wobble, click or rattle when played (like a Privia), and ho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender aimed scores? I don't think so! by hreichgott @ 12/04/16 01:57 PM

Just call them love themes. Maybe the girls will want to play them at age 10 and the boys won't, but then every boy in his teens will suddenly arrive at a point where he just needs to play something like this for hours and hours in the middle of the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Math? by hreichgott @ 12/04/16 01:51 PM

Patterns, counting, line/shape, and connecting small-scale relationships with large-scale relationships are the big math-music connections imho. I was always really good with this side of math in school and then really struggled with stuff at a hig
Composer's Lounge
Thank you very much! It's great to hear that the mood of the poem was clear to you, as the listener. And indeed, sometimes less is more, nice to hear that you thought so too!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with nervous performing students by hreichgott @ 12/04/16 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By kissyanaCardio practice! If your student is anything like me, she will get nervous no matter how well she knows the music. One of the most effective methods to deal with this in my experience is to do what I call cardio practice.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons worth it? (Adult intermediate) by hreichgott @ 12/04/16 01:14 PM

Sounds like fun ppp And good that you and your teacher are agreed on working as-needed.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by hreichgott @ 12/04/16 01:08 PM

I agree with AZN. Find a teacher who can teach you good technique and who works with you during the lesson to improve your playing.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By Michiyo-Fir Also, your hands may stretch a bit with some exercise and by playing a few years. I had a pretty hard time reaching octaves when I restarted piano about 2 years ago (played extensively as a child), but after 2 years
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl by Music Me @ 12/04/16 12:56 PM

Nice job, Al & Lena! Truly inspiring. Very nice soloing, by the way. I am about to retire and I have a list a mile long of all of the things I want to do and get involved with. Your Christmas video is an affirmation that anything is possible.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Help with a transcription. by Pagan Min @ 12/04/16 12:30 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I don't know where else to ask. I have this strange habit: when I hear some composition I like (whether song or orchestral, pop, classical, jazz, whatever) I have to write down the sheet music to it as a piece playabl
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bourniplus @ 12/04/16 11:27 AM

Just a thought: before tightening everything back, make sure you'll end up with adequate downbearing. If not, you might want to remove some thickness from that bar. (From underneath and in a way that would remove the same thickness all along and keep
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
12/09/16 12:03 PM
Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850
by pianopi
12/09/16 11:09 AM
Piano pieces to play on Christmas
by Pianist685
12/09/16 10:35 AM
action part for an old upright/antique
by music kitchen
12/09/16 10:28 AM
Pricing advice for a Grotrian Steinweg grand
by AdrianR
12/09/16 09:26 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,824 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,884 Topics
2,577,385 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission