Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, 36251, anotherscott, Alexander Borro, Almaviva, 47 invisible), 1830 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Writing for piano - articulation - legato - staccato by pianolearnerstride @ 12/17/14 10:31 AM

Thanks for the replies! Very helpful.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Question by bnolsen @ 12/17/14 10:21 AM

The unknown chinese piano brands get knocked for a lot. there's a read on azpianonews.blogspot.com well describes the problems with these knockoffs. Look at his suzuki, adagio, etc reviews. poor action, bad sensors, poor sound, and mostly, very po
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What ties the movements of a sonata or symphony together? by pianolearnerstride @ 12/17/14 10:19 AM

Thanks for the reply! Very helpful.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: removing case parts and organizing screws by ssenseney @ 12/17/14 09:17 AM

I often use the Blue masking tape to tape the screws inside the casework close to where the screw belongs. Of course, I take digital pictures often so I can reference what the piano looked like before I took it apart.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason Hamlin AA 1920's vintage by Jamie @ 12/17/14 07:37 AM

I just paid a little bit more out the door taxes in shipped 3000 miles for a rebuilt AA of slightly older vintage. Get a tech., and be prepared to bargain. If its as good as you say, it may be worth purchasing as is, but at a markedly lower price.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by evamar @ 12/17/14 07:14 AM

In case this helps, I recorded this from my CA95 for another member who asked to compare. I cannot hear anything funny, and if there is I am extremely happy I cannot detect it, to be honest... First only white keys, second white and black keys. I us
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES7 user thread by lophiomys @ 12/17/14 06:53 AM

If you would have my drive of curiosity, you wouldnt classify "cruel" as too "strong". No pun intended.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Note problems on my upright by Rich Galassini @ 12/17/14 06:48 AM

Hi caters, Forgive me as I didn't quite follow what you were explaining. However, these issues are probably best addressed by a piano tech. in your home watching them happen. Quick decay happens more with some brands than others, but unevenly quic
Composer's Lounge
I will upload my sheet music in next week. But only the piano part, because I didn't make any sheet music for other instruments, they are only played onto the recording.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin post waltz in A m by ALEXANDER DYKER @ 12/17/14 06:07 AM

I got a helpful post from, someone its a glitch with the apple photo booth. In future I will reverse tha camera. I still had one of them on my computer which. I successfully reversed which I could repost.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Nocturne E Flat Major Op.9 No.2 by ALEXANDER DYKER @ 12/17/14 06:04 AM

I posted this this week too. Very good to try and learn this after year and a half. Lots of musicality in it and in another year it will be much better. You do the descents (chromatic) better than me and I've been playing a year longer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left hand too loud by Beth_Frances @ 12/17/14 04:49 AM

Ghost play with your left hand. So, touch the keys as you play, but try not to compress them, meanwhile playing normally with your right hand. This is practicing doing what you are trying to achieve in the extreme. When you can do that reasonabl
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed…Kawai VPC1 by Hans Meij @ 12/17/14 04:38 AM

Hi Larry, Sorry missed your post. Yes I did try this new version (2.0) and did not like it at all. Readability of notes is less, sound seems to be not as good, lyrics and instructions are missing. For me this web based version is a disappointment. Re
Jump to new posts Re: A Record? by rxd @ 12/17/14 04:28 AM

Thanks, Jim. None of that was aimed at you, even though it's your thread. I went on a bit because I realised I might just be giving a written obituary to the end of an era. One studio has already dispensed with the three maintenance tunings per w
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Do you want to build a snowman by Cyrille Piano @ 12/17/14 04:11 AM

I'm playing my own arrangement of the song Do you want to build a snowman (from the movie Frozen) ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyvLpbKaks What do you think ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by custard apple @ 12/17/14 03:50 AM

I get the message Error loading: "https://braxupload-std.s3.amazonaws.com but I think the problem is on my end. I will try again later.
Jump to new posts Re: Story & Clark Mahogany Sound Board by JohnSprung @ 12/17/14 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: JohnSprung This club where I play once a month was given a 1971 Story & Clark console. It says on it that the sound board is mahogany. Are there any issues or considerations with the mahogany board
Working for a dealer, I was once sent to a brand new piano that smelt like that, the new owners claimed, they had no cats..... When I arrived at the gate, the stench of cheap perfumes met me. It got stronger and in the house it was overpowering. Wh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cline upright piano by Markarian @ 12/17/14 02:08 AM

Achievement Unlocked: Thread Necromancer
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about Digital Piano, iPads and iRig by anotherscott @ 12/17/14 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott HamlinNo it's not needed UNLESS you have a keyboard without USB and only a 5 pin MIDI DIN keyboard And even then, you don't necessarily need an iRigMIDI specifically... there are numerous comparable devices from other br
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In The Mood by harpon @ 12/16/14 11:23 PM

Something like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHOdmGRZwgA
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel K230: Review by phantomFive @ 12/16/14 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoWorksATLHowever, your explanation of separate balance rails for sharps & naturals is not an innovation. Whether a maker has one wide rail with separate pivot points for sharps & naturals or two smaller rails, it's
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Learning to play The moonlight sonata by DeeMaxx @ 12/16/14 11:16 PM

Hi at the moment i'm learning how to play Beethovens "The MoonLight Sonata" still have quite a bit to learn though...but i'm getting there...it's not an easy piece to learn especially if you've got small hands like me..thought i'd use this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Flourishes and Fills by pfpiano123 @ 12/16/14 10:30 PM

Thank you hreichgott - I'm new to this blog & may have been in the wrong category for my question since the questions I have seen refer to the classical genre. Anyway, my questions are: 1. If anything goes in the pop world, then I assume all
Originally Posted By: galaxy4tThe VR-09 has unweighted keys. Looks like you were looking at digital pianos with weighted keys? Not necessarily, I have a DP already with full weighted keys and I like it but I would be open to non-weighted keys, I l
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Decorations at Piano World Headquarters 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What are some great ways to learn the blues?
by brucepiano
12/20/14 04:37 PM
Do you recommend an undercover on upright with Dampp-Chaser?
by thestar
12/20/14 03:56 PM
kawai model SA-8E upright
by EthanHawaii
12/20/14 02:28 PM
Piano Felt
by Modern Conner
12/20/14 01:37 PM
5 adjacent dead keys
by levendig
12/20/14 01:18 PM
Forum Stats
77374 Members
42 Forums
160019 Topics
2349908 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission