Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (Anita Potter, Almaviva, ando, AndreiN, 23 invisible), 1174 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: FP80 or DP90e? by peterws @ 04/17/15 01:15 PM

The DP90 is very expensive. The DP90SE (The old model was the DP90S) even more so, on account of the shiny black finish. And better keyboard action. And, I believe, the piano voices are better too. It does look a million dollars and weighs in at
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fake book by Greener @ 04/17/15 12:01 PM

"What is a fakebook?" Provides the bare bones essentials of what you need to play the piece. Melody - Written on treble clef Harmony - Written as chords above treble clef Rhythm - Provided by time signature and note values. The rest
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought ... by the nosy ape @ 04/17/15 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibGalassini... that's a composer, right? But what did I order last night at Zeferilli's? I don't know... Galssini Carbonara, mmmmm......
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My New Digital Piano - Williams Legato by CarlH @ 04/17/15 11:06 AM

I've had the Williams for 5 days now and I must say that I am quite impressed. Very simple digital piano,88 semi-weighted keys and the piano sound does sound pretty good. The volume from the onboard speakers suck pretty much, but I have the headpho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow students to choose what to learn? by lovepianoteaching @ 04/17/15 10:50 AM

I think it's important for the students to play music they engage with as they will be able to play with more expression, get more pleasure from it, and also be more motivated to practice. However, sometimes I'll really limit the choice to maybe tw
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by fizikisto @ 04/17/15 10:30 AM

That's great! I hope that it brings you many years of enjoyment!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with a Piano for My Daughter by Piano*Dad @ 04/17/15 09:45 AM

SMP from "piano buyer" on a new GX-2 is 33K. On a new RX-2C is 26K. One can usually get 20-25% knocked off of those numbers. Yes, I think 16K is a bit high, but not ridiculous "you've got to be kidding" high, especially if the p
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P45. by TheodorN @ 04/17/15 09:29 AM

What you hear or don't hear, isn't always the truth. All I'm saying is, that at least for myself, I will not believe that a particular brand is more reliable than another, until I get some facts and data to support that claim. I've not only seen comp
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Fugue by Steve Chandler @ 04/17/15 08:49 AM

I've posted a new version of this piece. I took many of the comments to heart by putting a short trill at the beginning of the theme and working hard to give the piece more topology. I'd forgotten I put some strettos in this fugue and they got lost i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Una Corda Pedal does not Shift Enough by pianoman9 @ 04/17/15 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoYou are welcome. In your case though I would start playing and studying for a couple of years and leave the screwdrivers alone. It's amazing what can be broken with little adjustments.. I am not a tech, just a pianist wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Hey Win, I'd say study that underlying rhythm with your ears while you are watching his hands beginning around 1:40 on your vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIThsI-RnA Also, go to about 0:30 on this tape where Toussaint has slowed that basic
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 and HP-508 by Kawai James @ 04/17/15 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By imperialbariPS. This board operates a bit differently from other music boards that I follow. One thing I haven’t figured yet is about email notification, when there are answers to my postings. Please tell me how to get such ema
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Piano and Cello duet by Francoisfj @ 04/17/15 05:01 AM

Hello, this is a piece I've been composing, there are still some things i want to arrange, especially the end pages, but I'm posting it anyway. Any feedback is very appreciated! Piano and Cello duet
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401R vs. Kawai CN-35 by Hendrik42 @ 04/17/15 04:51 AM

I am too much of a novice to make a good comparative statement and I have not actually played the RP401, only the HP504, which, I believe has a slightly different action. Already having a acoustic upright, will you play the DP with headphones mostly
Street price already looks a lot better. 1769 eur.
Piano Teachers Forum
A thought to independence raised by Candywoman: There is a line between being suffocated and being guided. I was left to myself - I was very independent in that sense. I had to invent the wheel - every wheel - and got pretty good at doing so. The
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Members from Hong Kong pls check in! by zyxwvu @ 04/17/15 03:38 AM

Thanks Phacke! you know what's so good about pianoworld? encouragements from pianists around the world really warm my heart! =)
Pianist Corner
Hi Turn-table: yes! would be great to meet up on reg day and explore the area! my flight will arrive 930 in the morning. probably gonna take me around 2-3 hours to reach campus. Since reg doesn't start till 3pm, I actually planned to check out the p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 04/16/15 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus....and told him that some people claimed ego wasn't a big part of it.... I don't think many of us have said that. Speaking as someone who was perhaps one of the 'ringleaders' on what you're referring to, I sure never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ 04/16/15 11:29 PM

Thanks for your response regarding tempo Brian.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt - Piano Sonata in B minor (live) by Kuanpiano @ 04/16/15 10:38 PM

Hey everybody, This is my live performance of the Liszt sonata, which took place around two years after my last performance of it. There are a few slips here and there, but I hope you enjoy the performance. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair price for a 1994 Baldwin R with player system? by musicpassion @ 04/16/15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By yorijan12musicpassion: I'm in the Chicagoland region. Not sure if that means prices are higher or lower compared to LA Unfortunately I don't know. Generally, CA is low.
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade to Kawai CA97 or buy speakers? by Kawai James @ 04/16/15 08:21 PM

ADWyatt, I think that sounds like a good plan. Best of luck. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Rusty Mike @ 04/16/15 04:17 PM

The first thing to do is make sure your MIDI channels match between the part on your RD and the lower manual channel on your Hammond.
Jump to new posts Re: Right Speaker makes a buzzing noise by peterws @ 04/16/15 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By TonyTroutHey, gang!! I know it's been a long time (almost two years!) since I last posted here (health issues with my heart were the cause of me not posting) but I found out the problem with the buzzing and it's the speaker.
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Es7 advice
by Covfam73
59 minutes 22 seconds ago
BATTERY OPERATED AMPLIFIER FOR BUSKING
by Skyscrapersax
Today at 12:04 AM
Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets"
by Bill Bremmer RPT
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
MP7 Tonewheel settings - some ideas may be of interest
by OneWatt
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room?
by twocats
Yesterday at 07:53 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,968 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,389 Topics
2,398,061 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission