Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (alwatson, ando, ajames, Almaviva, 18 invisible), 1294 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by Sam S @ 09/21/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By blackjack1777Sam, nice update sounds like so much fun and lots of work! I'm curious what is your favorite thing about returning to college as a music major? Also, what is significantly different than you imagined it would be?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-20 Ivory Feel G action pictures by sonicblasphemy @ 09/21/16 09:56 AM

I assumed that these 2 actions have a similar structure but not exactly the same! Even the 3-sensor system... What can you say about the noise of your F-20 keys? Would be as silent as the quiet FP-30/Juno DS88 or noisier like RD-300NX for example?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need help brain/finger twister by Morodiene @ 09/21/16 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By Morodiene...to neglect the fact that there are different voices going on here and to just make it a chord...Forgive me, Morodiene. I wasn't trying to write off the notation and I don't think he's just m
Thanks everyone! I will indeed embark in the long journey of servicing (the piano was brought online from abroad, that is Thomann). I will report here the interesting bits along the way. Wish me luck.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By InnaGraceBenjamin - great point about trios and schedules! What else is in your top 5?? (And - what are some of your favorite trios?) Some of my favorites in no particular order (there are a lot of other great piano chamber mu
Member Recordings
Hello FNAF enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the new catchy yet awesome song by JT Machinima on FNAF Sister Location called "Join Us For A Bite". Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/lSfgbAu2S6Q Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1972 Yamaha Console by teegeculp @ 09/21/16 12:25 AM

I have a Yamaha console piano (42") that we bought through the military PX in the Philippines in July 1972. It was made in Japan not for the US Market but is not a "gray market" instrument. Not sure it's worth but saw the exact same
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another blip on the radar of my piano journey by Valencia @ 09/20/16 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear you are have such difficulties with your shoulder dynamobt! Your continued practice even with one hand is inspiring as is your commitment to MOYD! Wishing you good luck with the surgery and sending healing energies your way!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich 24 Preludes by cathryn999 @ 09/20/16 10:05 PM

Done, thanks. I've ordered the Boosey & Hawkes Edition. Thanks for your help :-)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart Minuet in F K2 by pianoMom2006 @ 09/20/16 05:59 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing when some keys very stiff? by JohnSprung @ 09/20/16 05:13 PM

Plan A: Find something better to practice on. Plan B: Since it's the middle of the board that's bad, perhaps shift up or down an octave or two? Most digitals have a built-in transpose function that can get you the right notes from keys an octave
Jump to new posts Re: Intelligent keyboard that can read music? by drewr @ 09/20/16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaI believe there are PC programs/sites that work this way........ Yes, there are, or were. I used one such during the XP years leading up to eventually deciding to take lessons. That was a program named PianoSuite made b
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 3 Louis Jordan tunes - my rehearsal recordings by rocket88 @ 09/20/16 03:08 PM

Cool.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Improvisations mixing classical and jazz "stylings" by Lethal Mullet @ 09/20/16 02:33 PM

No problem. Thanks for Your input... if you have any suggestions that will help me improve my improvisational abilities, I welcome your advice. Take care.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you connect the pedals to the Kawai Es100? by Cutestpuppie @ 09/20/16 02:31 PM

Oh crap I didn't even read the manual so the plug is under the piano thanks lol
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Op. 15 No. 2, Op. 52 by Carey @ 09/20/16 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By Cheeto717Please teach me your ways oh great master of piano. It cannot be taught. That's right - it's a gift and a curse !!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Wanted by Charles Cohen @ 09/20/16 01:48 PM

There's a real problem, here: . . . A computer keyboard doesn't care _how hard you strike the keys_. The engineers didn't include that capability -- it's a hardware limitation. Organs and harpsichords work that way; pianos do not. On a piano (or
Adult Beginners Forum
Sounds like a great beginning! (And with all those new sensations to be aware of, you won't have time to even think about becoming bored!)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What type of finish repair for glossy black Petrof IV? by PianoWorksATL @ 09/20/16 12:43 PM

Applied correctly, some of the harder, gloss lacquers will match the poly. Many pianos were made with this combination because there was some manufacturing advantage. You'll need a finish tech who is good with multiple types to get the best result.
Member Recordings
Hello 楊丞琳 Rainie Yang enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on her new song called 年輪說! It's pretty catchy with some nice melody and chords~ Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/QIswvK2c8S8 Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/fBtXWqWoG
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP-260 or PX-760 by f3r @ 09/20/16 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By JoeTRecent Digitals feature damper pedal noises. But those are simply pre-recorded samples, even on fully modeled pianos, and more annoying than realistic. I have the noise of the strings vibrating when I press (or stomp) the ped
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing I've learned on Piano World.... by InnaGrace @ 09/20/16 10:03 AM

I've only been on the forums for about a month, but have learned a TON: - that I love geeking out with fellow pianists! - great advice regarding my purchase of a digital piano (settled on a Roland HP605 - LOVE it) - that there exist amateur competit
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Creaky Damper Pedal by Gadzar @ 09/20/16 07:27 AM

I have had no success with lubrication. What has worked for me (in two Roslers and one August Forster) is replacing the felt in the hole.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Op. 3 and 10 by Tubbie0075 @ 09/20/16 06:08 AM

Thanks for the links Valencia. I've seen them from YouTube but of different pianists. I'm off to learning Elegie now. My goal is to learn it in 2 months while practising other pieces. Then I'll keep refining it along with the others and likely t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Time Signature by Medden @ 09/20/16 05:18 AM

The two composers were Hallè and Meyerbeer. Chopin laughed and agreed with Hallè, but apparently never forgave Meyerbeer. Chopin said to Hallè it was the national character of the dance that made it fit 4/4 time, but appear as 3/4 time. Meyerbe
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Gershwin!
by Keith D Kerman
09/26/16 07:43 AM
Triple-sensor digital piano as a midi-controller ?
by ntc
09/26/16 06:22 AM
Which one is a better choice?
by Bolster
09/26/16 02:59 AM
Weird change in action
by Retsacnal
09/26/16 02:21 AM
Metronome with wireless earphones
by cathryn999
09/26/16 01:12 AM
Forum Stats
85,069 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,343 Topics
2,558,163 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission