Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
59 registered (AndrewGleibman, ando, agraffe, aeroseb, AntonJ, 16 invisible), 1326 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN-23 Service manual? by PianoPractitioner @ 08/24/16 02:38 PM

Thank you for the help! I was able to contact Kawai and they sent me the service manual straight-away. Looking forward to getting it fixed back up and ready to go.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Steinway B - 5 Years Later by Dave Ferris @ 08/24/16 02:23 PM

Your B looks great ! I'd just be a little careful with the sun exposure from that window. Maybe you draw the drapes at peak exposure hours. Your story somewhat mirrors mine. I was able to find a 9 month old , barely played Steinway from a private pa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our Friends in Italy. - OK? by torquenale @ 08/24/16 02:05 PM

Thanks Frank, we are fine!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a petition re. the Lipatti house by Carey @ 08/24/16 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By CareyThank you for bringing this to our attention Michael !!!!!!! It was my pleasure Phil! This reminds me that there is a particular recording of Clair de Lune I am overdue to tweet ou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by worov @ 08/24/16 01:58 PM

Have a listen to Prokofiev :
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wool String Covers vs Polyester Blend? by Eric50 @ 08/24/16 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By Roy123 Wool string covers are not thick and fluffy like bath towels, and are, by definition, not made from absorbent cotton. If absorbing and releasing moisture were desired characteristics of string covers, then string covers w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The $10K-$15K Grand Piano Buyer’s Dilemma by JazzyJamMan @ 08/24/16 01:47 PM

Malkin, Retsacnal, and Norbert: I was paraphrasing my tech's comments on the Ritmuller. In general, he felt that the known build quality of even a used Yamaha C was perhaps a better bet than a piano that's ultimately made by Pearl River. All that a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by KayRock @ 08/24/16 12:54 PM

I have been lurking for about 5 years, voyeuristically enjoying the fruits of all of your labors. Thank you! It was the recent reintroduction of a discussion on the controversial repeat in the Pathetique that finally forced me to post! I started pla
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fastest way to virtuosity by Keith D Kerman @ 08/24/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By Keith D KermanIs there any other approach that can generate this level of virtuosity in only 6 lessons? https://www.facebook.com/pianocraft/videos/1240346679351551/ 6 - is the magic number? In the ca
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How to convert a VST Standalone into a plugin by Shreyansh Agarwal @ 08/24/16 12:45 PM

Thanks Everyone!!! Problem solved...
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Double Fugue in e flat minor, Leviathan by Morodiene @ 08/24/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By Steve ChandlerCool piece! You start with both themes straight off rather than exposing them separately, in that regard my initial thinking was to pick it apart, but you won me over. You rewrote the rules I had in my head successf
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help me - my grand stinks! by Carey @ 08/24/16 10:29 AM

This doesn't appear to be an issue that is going to go away. Since you've only had the piano at home for a couple of days now, can you return it to the dealer and exchange it for another instrument ??
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by u38cg @ 08/24/16 10:23 AM

Sticking my big nose in here as a beginner. Playing by ear is, essentially, the ability to hear a note and relate it to a fixed key. OK, yeah, but how do you do that? Answer: start off simple and go from there. I recently came across an app that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Andrys @ 08/24/16 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By SiFi ... To be honest, I found the in-person feedback more instructive, though there were some fascinating observations in the "official" comments. Most interesting thing to me was that there was only one mention of m
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade piano stand by pianonewb @ 08/24/16 08:54 AM

That looks great! Nice job!
Jump to new posts Re: New to me" Roland XP-80 by pianonewb @ 08/24/16 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI gigged the XP-80 for over 10 years. Great keyboard. One of Roland's nicest semi weighted actions. Packed with JV era sounds and room for sr jv expansion cards. I recommend taking a look for some used based on your
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RetsacnalNot that there's anything wrong with Sam's pianos. In fact, I hear they're quite nice. Its just that Rickster's been doing so well with his fight against PAS! Well, you never know, Randy. When I was a child, my mom tol
Member Recordings
You play this piece quite well. Brahms is never easy. The only objectionable thing is the unmotivated rubato in the first part until 1:30. The whole piece should have a constant underlying "beat" and does not call for extensive rubato.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts CA97 cable illustration by JoBert @ 08/24/16 05:17 AM

Beware: Image is mirrored!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP-2000 - your opinions please? by Nordomus @ 08/24/16 05:12 AM

Cheapest good digitals for learning are only from Yamaha in my opinion. "P" series as stated earlier. Don't buy this old Roland. Not enough keys AND outdated technology.
Member Recordings
Have you seen the kid who sang the viral "I Play Pokemon Go Evareeday" song? Well he's back with a vengeance making a song ranting about big names like Leafy, Pyro, Keemstar etc. called "Cyberbully Channels are..." You can check o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair Price for 2005 Yamaha C2 by BrianDX @ 08/23/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By violarulesComparing this piano to local, competitive dealers, Rick Jones pianos has a C3 from 1993 for about $16k. A C2 that is more than ten years newer for the price offered doesn't seem off-base, at least compared to the local
Jump to new posts Re: Gator TSA Case Fit Kawai MP7? by Polkahero @ 08/23/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI'd go for the Deep model instead of slim. I own, I believe a slim one that my FP-7 fits into just fine. I tried my MP11 in there, but even with the extra padding removed it wasn't enough to be able to close it. I'm not
Brand: Artmann Model: UP123 Type: Upright Piano/ Vertical piano Size (L*W*H): 1485*605*1230mm/ 58.46*23.82*48.43 inch/ 4.87*1.99*4.04 ft Keys: 88 keys Material: Solid wood keyboard Technology: Weight balance leaded technology Action: Solid woo
I am new here and not quite familiar with the forums. If there's any question about Artmann pianos, please email Katy Zhang, shengchiu@artmannpiano.com or artmannpiano@outlook.com.
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Goldfinger (Bond) question
by FrankCox
08/28/16 01:56 AM
OT Required note/chord
by PhilipInChina
08/28/16 01:48 AM
S90 ES Switching Patches
by DIDC
08/27/16 10:19 PM
VIDEO SOFTWARE TO RECORD ME PLAYING
by Seks
08/27/16 09:32 PM
Why No Comment on Pearl River's takeover of Schimmel?
by Almaviva
08/27/16 09:26 PM
Forum Stats
84,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,793 Topics
2,550,975 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission