Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (albumblatter, anotherscott, augustm, Bachus, 36251, 21 invisible), 1157 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to play the piano by grace_note @ 06/30/15 01:12 AM

Even if you can't afford (or your parents can't/won't pay for) lessons, just play! There are so many online resources. Just search them out. You can record your stuff for peer review/feedback...there's always a way.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Accenting beats by outo @ 06/30/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By MeddenOriginally Posted By HakkiIt is easier to understand this if you try to sing the passage. Only someone who has never heard me sing would say that....'Mr Monotone', my wife calls me. To emulate my singing, just hold down the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why C major scale is the hardest one? by Nahum @ 06/30/15 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By indigo_daveB harmonic minor - RH 123 1234 LH 4321 4321 In moderate tempo, I prefer in the right hand 23 123 13 -13 123 13 to avoid not very convenient 234, where a longest finger is located on white key between blacks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Boston amateur competition by fuzzy8balls @ 06/29/15 11:50 PM

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a video of all my performances at this competition: Preliminary Round 2015.06.12 0:04 Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9, No. 3 5:45 Schumann - Abegg Variations Op. 1 Semifinal Round 2015.06.13 13:40 Ravel - Jeux d'eau
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Ballade No. 1 in g minor, op 23 by Isabelle1949 @ 06/29/15 10:42 PM

Jane, that was beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Member Recordings
Enjoy my piano cover https://youtu.be/3a4RzYiWL4k
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonSam, a quick question -- I've completed recording of all my intended submissions, and presently have each one in MP3 format on Box.com, as well as the TASCAM originals, in WAV format, on my private computer Will it
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Paysage by ChrisKeys @ 06/29/15 09:25 PM

Very nice performance!
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano not tuned for years by Jzw @ 06/29/15 08:53 PM

Hi Hydn 20. Just curious if you bought the Yamaha. I am in the same boat. As mentioned in another post, I am getting a Steinway m. It has been rarely used for the past 8 years since it was bought. The russian technician told me it would need fine tun
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Allegro from Bach Trio Sonata 1 (E Flat Major) by johnlewisgrant @ 06/29/15 07:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jELJsEgYVBQ&index=1&list=PLP5BZzcdRkq0zO0dfrE3ZIGMcQTQQ9XTj Stradal's solo piano version (with my little additions), breaking all known rules of good taste and propriety, this is midi-edited in the extreme.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By SMHaleyOriginally Posted By David JensonI can't help but groan inwardly a little when I see posts like this. I've learned to quickly check octaves end to end now before giving a tuning estimate. A rash of DIY ETD app tooners has
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by Dave Ferris @ 06/29/15 06:36 PM

The tone will definitely be less hi-fi and detailed with the SS then either your EVs, and of course the Adams. It's all whether you can be happy with the sonic compromise over the convenience factor, along with (and I still find this subjective) bei
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why cleaning the piano room doesn't work by Arghhh @ 06/29/15 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By cefinowIs it just physically putting away things, or sorting through them and deciding what needs to be done with them? I always find that more difficult! I had gotten through the initial sorting of the papers, and then had
Here's better recording, it's closer to the stage, right in front of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pnmoglenpym3e...g-moll.wav?dl=0 Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. I've loved this concert since the first time I've heard it, it's one of my
Adult Beginners Forum
Sign-up List: Leigh Harline - "When You Wish Upon a Star" - 1940 - Sam S Harold Arlen and E. Harburg - "Over the Rainbow" - SwissMS Bent Fabricius-Bjerre - "Matador" - Jytte (this is written 1978, but as a 1930s tune for
Jump to new posts Re: Finding out where a keyboard is made. by Charles Cohen @ 06/29/15 04:32 PM

Quote:. . . Paying for return shipping costs when a $1500 board feels cheap and noisy gets real old real fast! . . . But you'll be returning it to the _dealer_, not to the factory! So "where is it made?" doesn't affect your return-shipp
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting Indiegogo X-Key Air Keyboard by Charles Cohen @ 06/29/15 04:24 PM

Quote: . . . The real-size piano keys feel just like a concert piano. . . . Maybe a bit of exaggeration, there? <g> The USB "Xkey" model is in production, at a reasonable price. Sweetwater, among others, has it. Making a Bluetoo
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Debussy, Gershwin by ChrisKeys @ 06/29/15 02:15 PM

Thanks, jdw. I messed up the final grace-note run at the end, but I'm trying to post only "true" performances, i.e. single takes without doing any splicing. If I recorded the same piece tomorrow, the slips would show up somewhere else.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing a string by JohnSprung @ 06/29/15 02:10 PM

Are these the original strings from 1927? Is there a reason why this particular one went bad? If the whole string set is EOL, piecemeal replacement could be a waste of money. It may be wiser to save up and go for a complete rebuild. If the root
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with Disklavier midi in-out by tosko @ 06/29/15 12:56 PM

Thank you everybody. I am trying to go to yahoo groups. I have the owner's membership group approbation, I will post the ask there.
Piano Forum
Pass on it and keep looking. This thing sounds like a turd. If this is your budget range, go digital and save yourself the headache. Casio Privia or Yamaha P Series or Kawai ES100
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by keystring @ 06/29/15 12:33 PM

CYCLE 7 Difficulty - Beginner Length - 8 bars Time signature - 3/4 Recommended metronome mark - 138 to the quarter Composer - Polyphonist 1 - PianoStudent88 - COMPLETED 2 - Greener - COMPLETE 3 - hreichgott - COMPLETE 4 - 5 -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: best baby grand by KurtZ @ 06/29/15 11:54 AM

There was an article in Piano Buyer about really small, ca. 5 foot, grands. They found a few that clearly punched above their weight class. I remember the Ritueller being one of them. You might like to read that article to get some other names
Piano Forum
Your Baldwin L sounds great, Chris! As well as your playing! Enjoy! Rick
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Grand - Carpet Underneath?? by richpink @ 06/29/15 10:01 AM

Hi, I hope to purchase a used grand piano soon and wanted opinions about putting a carpet underneath? Also, and pardon my ignorance, will I be able to roll the piano so that I could put a carpet underneath after it is in place? Do cups under the
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Easy Piano Music - when do you stop using this?
by Microdot
13 minutes 49 seconds ago
CA97 weird damper behavior.
by Percybut
Today at 05:44 AM
Vision is getting to be a problem
by Isabelle1949
Today at 01:10 AM
Umi Garrett
by Isabelle1949
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
What are great ways of finding new students?
by albumblatter
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,866 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,264 Topics
2,423,559 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission