Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (Amosdoll, AnastasiaT, Anticlock, AndyP, 19 invisible), 1069 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Resan till Sverige note spellings by Michael Sayers @ 05/21/15 05:16 AM

Hi Everyone, I am wondering if anyone here can see any note spelling issues with measures 25 - 32: The quantity of courtesy accidentals seems a bit much and as such something doesn't look quite right about it.  I've shared this concern with
Just For The Fun of It
Advice of teacher: it is necessary to write the missings diminuendi.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by Jytte @ 05/21/15 03:14 AM

Scorpio, what a lovely piece I hope you will come here more often now.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 by CyberGene @ 05/21/15 02:03 AM

Moral of the story: you should always update your devices to the latest firmware version available. Preferably before the company goes out of business
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A fun memory.... by Markarian @ 05/21/15 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI suppose using short stick reduces the tendency to slide off. You know, this is slightly OT, but I suddenly realized the biggest reason I keep my lid at full stick is so that my cat doesn't get any ideas. He's too
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: 2nd sonata -- fingering suggestions by Mark_C @ 05/21/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By Pogorelich.I'm 99% certain you can't... I'm pretty certain he can't too. But....it's possible that someone with the view he's expressing wouldn't get any better result (i.e. what we would consider a better result) with what we c
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Compete Clause by keystring @ 05/20/15 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene All of which have to deal with an employer/employee relationship, which this is not. I still say it's not enforceable. I was trying to address the distinction from employment earlier.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help Finding Right Lamp for Grand Piano by PianoWorksATL @ 05/20/15 08:55 PM

There are also LED versions of this House of Troy floor lamp now that we like even better (PFLED-617). Better light, basically no heat (safer), better knob, longer lasting.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: M&H in 1990s by dynamobt @ 05/20/15 07:32 PM

More people will see this in the main Piano Forum. This subforum is for people introducing their newly purchased piano. Maybe a Moderator can move it for you.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I think I understand where do come that "neutral pin " terminology. that is how feel a pin that brakes mostly at its bottom, the upper part is as floating the "neutral " impression have all to do with friction at bearing points
Jump to new posts Re: Music desk for Kawai VPC1? by Alexander Borro @ 05/20/15 06:12 PM

Lester, Correct 10/10 . A pity she doesn't do more acoustic piano performances on her channel IMHO. I love her approach and style, whilst she gets a great sound out of that Roland there is an interesting comparison to be made on her youtube chan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The last few miles of learning a piece? by Cat_W @ 05/20/15 04:37 PM

Hi Justin, never ever concentrate on: making NO mistakes!!! Only thing that happens is that you make them because this draws your attention away from the piece! You can try different things to stay with your mind connected to the piece and to find
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really Proficient Live Fakebook Player - How Long? by Sand Tiger @ 05/20/15 04:27 PM

Hi Pham123, welcome to Piano World. There is no set time table. Dedication, teacher, talent, are all factors. I am another beginner, but I meet a lot of musicians, so weigh all that when reading my response. I would say 3 to 5 years to be really
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by keystring @ 05/20/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoThe difficulty, of course, is how to monitor practice. I know some teachers who check their students' practice via videos, but even that would barely scratch the surface of what goes on during the six days between lesson
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Local London tuners by Parks @ 05/20/15 04:04 PM

Hello, I need a good tuner in Harringay, London, for a basic house call (upright, Petrof I think.). Any recommendations? Thanks
Pianist Corner
I'm actually a big fan of this kind of programming. I think there's insight to be had by doing a "deep dive" into a particular composer or type of work. In this case, I'll grant that it helps to already be familiar with the Prokofiev concer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Non-legato by joe80 @ 05/20/15 03:35 PM

- in short though, no. its the touch that makes the difference, not whether or not you connect the notes by hand.
Piano Forum
Be strong, Philip! Don't do it. Don't do it... Ironically, I came across this same thread once before. I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years, and was curious about Swiss pianos. I lived in Neuchatel, which is just down the road from Biel, whe
fizikisto is right. Use only a well-known professional mover. If you don't recognize the name on the truck, don't use them. And do a web search for bad movers. One of them is movingscam.com Sunrise, FL (close to where I used to live) is the nationa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exams: RCM vs ABRSM vs CM by oldbegonia @ 05/20/15 02:09 PM

Bumping a thread because, though the OP has dropped off the board, the subject matter is still relevant, and more so because these programs have changed and evolved in the intervening years. For instance, CM no longer offers Path B (I think that's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K200 Sustain pedal problem by Robert 45 @ 05/20/15 02:02 PM

These glitches often occur in other high volume manufactured products such as cars. It is fortunate that these minor issues with pianos, as annoying as they may be, do not put life and limb at risk. Kind regards, Robert
Jump to new posts Yamaha Travelling Show at Costco by jimb100 @ 05/20/15 02:00 PM

At my local Costco yesterday the local Yamaha retailer was demonstrating Yamaha pianos. Most were digitals but they also had a $10K 5' grand. The acoustic build quality was very nice and quality of materials used for the cabinet and the keyboard was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by wimpiano @ 05/20/15 01:59 PM

Congratulations! That's a great gift and something beautiful to remind you of your parents.
Jump to new posts Re: Customer Service KAWAI ++1 by Kbeaumont @ 05/20/15 12:12 PM

As the disparity grows, the problem will eventually correct itself. And it won't be pretty.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Syllabus question about National Guild Audition by AZNpiano @ 05/20/15 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By claiz My daughter recently had her first audition at age 6, and the level is at elementary D. Our teacher gave her a program consists of Bach Minuet in Gm, Clementi sonatina, Beethoven sonatina in G, Haslinger sonatina in C, etc
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano above the garage door opener
by yulinxp
5 minutes 13 seconds ago
How Much are Modern Piano Recordings Digitally Edited?
by Scriabin67
20 minutes 53 seconds ago
Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget
by AnastasiaT
Today at 12:04 AM
7-year-old on metronome practice
by hreichgott
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Irmbach upright piano
by AnastasiaT
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,391 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,293 Topics
2,409,698 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission