Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (anotherscott, albumblatter, anamnesis, A2mom, 33 invisible), 1268 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for young by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MorodieneOne comment, if your daughter is just starting you don't necessarily need 3 pedals. Only when you get to very advanced music will you ever really have a need for the other two pedals, in which cas
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery learning by keystring @ 07/01/15 09:07 AM

I'm thinking that whatever that pedagogy might actually be after (versus how it might be coming across) is actually shown in the example below. Candywoman, you are having the students do a thing physically under your guidance. So in effect it is al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A day of trying pianos in London by Mark Polishook @ 07/01/15 08:55 AM

Congratulations! Do enjoy! All best wishes for you and the 205!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Rerun @ 07/01/15 08:21 AM

I think I'm already getting visions of the "big guy" getting the piano down the chimney. You're gonna do great! Welcome aboard!!
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano, wood stove, and humidity level by David Jenson @ 07/01/15 08:09 AM

"I realize pianos and wood burning devices have co-existed for hundreds of years so this shouldn't be anything new ..." That's the crux of the situation. Use reasonable precautions and you'll be fine. If you can get some more distance betw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Health issue woes by piano_primo_1 @ 07/01/15 05:35 AM

Best of luck with surgery and speedy recovery..... ...Suddenly I have head, back, neck ,shoulder, and thumb pain .....,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ 07/01/15 05:17 AM

I found this interpretation last year, and heard the song for the first time not long before. For Greener.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: meantone temperament by gynnis @ 07/01/15 04:46 AM

I'm thinking that the mutations add an extra bite to the harmony, so the underlying temperament is less of an issue.
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Absolute Pitch by harrrb @ 07/01/15 01:31 AM

I think it's an inborn talent. Haha...
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic Harp--beautiful ! by harrrb @ 07/01/15 01:22 AM

I think the reverb is an important effect of this instrument. And anyway,it's a nice performance.Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fixing weak areas in piano pieces? by outo @ 07/01/15 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By Halee Reddick What technique do you think works best when trying to fix weak areas so that you are confident playing through the entire piece? For me it's variation of all kinds of practice methods: Slow-fast, HT-HS, smaller s
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRc_CofsNJE Hello Listeners, Thanks for all of you for watching my videos, we have now reached 8000 Subscribers! I will continue to work hard and provide the best content for you all! As a celebration, I will play Big
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Scores and Books by WhoDwaldi @ 06/30/15 11:47 PM

Works for me.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Piano teacher in NJ by ezpiano.org @ 06/30/15 10:13 PM

I have a student moving from California to NJ, either New Brunswick (zip code 08901) which they will live and Middletown (zip code 07748) where her father will work. If you are a piano teacher in these two areas and looking for new transfer student,
Jump to new posts Re: Good Sound/Reliability/Action (no bells or whistles) by Charles Cohen @ 06/30/15 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By NoonieWell, I start pricing out the Casio px150 and a shop is having a Canada Day sale, and it just started...so I scooped one up for C$450 including stand. At that price, even if I outgrow it, a fine deal that will be a big ste
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter me by Opus 1 Music @ 06/30/15 09:02 PM

Thank You! I really need to be on here a little more. Lots of good things I missed!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cool Beans ! by Ben Crosland by Arghhh @ 06/30/15 07:01 PM

Notice that the stems of the two D's are going in different directions. The one with the stem going up is part of the melody. The one with the stem going down you could consider to be the harmony, and the composer wanted this harmony "line&quo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying advice needed by michaelha @ 06/30/15 05:59 PM

You don't necessarily need to be a trained musician to get an idea of what sounds good or bad, to you. Play a few chords on both pianos and trust your instincts. Then get a piano tech to inspect the one you like. Pearl Rivers before 2009, I heard,
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by Morodiene @ 06/30/15 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacIf you're unhappy with the piano, that's all that matters. So what good is an "official" statement from Roland? Firstly, they're not likely to make such a statement. Secondly, it doesn't even matter because y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Cover Music Competition - Help me out? by RyanThePianist @ 06/30/15 03:49 PM

Hi all again! I just got back from my trip to Europe, and I will definitely be describing my music-related sights in a future post! It would mean a lot to me if you could take just a few minutes of your time to watch my piano cover, which consists o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by Doritos Flavoured @ 06/30/15 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By VetticusI've recently returned to playing the piano after 15/16 years. It hasn't even been a week since I got my lovely new digital piano. But, for the first time I'm enjoying playing music - rather than preparing for exams and
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A voicing question by TheTuner @ 06/30/15 03:16 PM

Hi Scott Thanks for your reply. I have never tried this. so I will give it a try. Does it last from one to the other tuning?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Schumann Piano Trio No. 1 by wanghuey @ 06/30/15 03:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzF3C-GZkSo
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Mozart Piano Trio in G Major, K 496 by wanghuey @ 06/30/15 03:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwPz7rWLxv0
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 32, Op. 111 by wanghuey @ 06/30/15 03:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phzkDIrG-74
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New piano. Now I hear all my flaws.
by hreichgott
07/04/15 02:09 PM
Cracked soundboard on a 1909 Estey Upright
by BenP
07/04/15 02:06 PM
Casio PX160 observations
by Possum SP280Krome
07/04/15 01:17 PM
Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168
by gokelly
07/04/15 11:27 AM
Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL
by ShiroKuro
07/04/15 11:23 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,291 Topics
2,423,930 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission