Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (ando, accordeur, 36251, Albunea, 36 invisible), 1353 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP 585 by cub @ 10/03/15 12:21 AM

Hi Lance, I have a 585 and absolutely love it. I can confirm the music rest is solid and can easily take score of 200-300 pages without an issue. In fact, its long and very sturdy and you could put up multiple different volumes and score simultane
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber E 272 concert grand by Carey @ 10/02/15 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By Carey Funny you should mention that. I purchased my current grand SOON AFTER both offspring completed their undergrad degrees. I don't regret the investment in the kids (it's a matter of priorities a
Pianist Corner
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I am pleased to know about the oldest piano in the world being at the Met. I think that may have swayed it for me. I really want to go, but with our limited time, it might not be the easiest to convince an 11 ye
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Locrian Mode In Tonal Music - Contest by Emanuel Ravelli @ 10/02/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CAnd here's another quiz, with a similar award: True or false: This piece is in Lydian: False. It's on Lydia.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do I mean by "buttery"? by twocats @ 10/02/15 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By twocatsI've contacted someone who is recommended by both techs, and hope to hear from him soon! He called me. And freaked me out saying that he can't speak for the work any other tech has done (i.e. possibly damaged the hammers
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 17th International Chopin Competition by WhoDwaldi @ 10/02/15 07:12 PM

Ah, our great moderator, Brendan, has constructed the official megathread. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2465764 Carry on, there. Or thereon. As Georg Solti said dismissing rehearsals, "Scatz!"
Pianist Corner
ok no worries. Art is for learning, growth, and sharing. Not a competition. im glad we are on the same wavelength. unfortunately lot of people dont understand that main point of art. Keep up the good work of furthering Chopin's deserved legacy. as i
Jump to new posts Re: Short Review - IKMultimedia iRig Keys PRO by Sand Tiger @ 10/02/15 06:07 PM

I recently bought an Irig 37 pro as well. It is okay. The main reason I bought it was for something I could bring to the park and perhaps find some outdoor inspiration for songwriting. It fits that need. The IGrand and Sample Tank apps have some dece
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX650 Problem by peterws @ 10/02/15 06:00 PM

Best if you record to the onboard recorder first, I think. The transfer is easy, you can make a wav file from it as well as an SMS midi Make sure your memory stick is formatted by the dgx first.
Jump to new posts Re: Yahmaha CLP-585 Music Rest by peterws @ 10/02/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By MRCOriginally Posted By lance111Thanks a bunch! If you don't mind me asking, why did you only have it for a few weeks? Did you get something else instead? I finally exchanged the 585 for the NU1 (the dealer was great and ref
Jump to new posts Re: Best cheap digital piano with great touch/feel? by Fer De Armas @ 10/02/15 05:18 PM

Interesting because Kawai MP7 key action is average according to Tim Praskins (AZPianoNews). This is what he says about it: "...I would consider the key action touch weight on this piano to be medium (as opposed to light or heavy) which gives th
Originally Posted By DigitalguyAdd me to those that wouldn't like to see wheels etc. in a VPC2. That should be at best optional IMO. I wouldn't be so quick in dismissing a good set of wheels on a VPC2. Imagine riding into your next gig on a new,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ 10/02/15 02:53 PM

No 31: Brubeck - Recuerdos https://app.box.com/s/60k4ek0sf4pn1ynd2801tmze7nhbk59g I recorded this last week but have had a crazy week so never got to upload until now. This leaves me requiring 3 per month to hit my 40 of target. Fingers crossed! Or
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Selective string/hammer muting by Olek @ 10/02/15 02:52 PM

Use a software as PIanotec that allow to synthetize the tone providing all parameters of each note I agree post production too, with a close miking for the percussive part of the hammer I would use a "strangled tone' , not just the percussion
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Its a small world! by ando @ 10/02/15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By rysowersWell both Ed and Randy are Super! But old? I think they are just getting into their prime! No doubt!
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using Their DP with Band-in-A-Box? by Bachus @ 10/02/15 12:22 PM

I found this topic with video's, they are in french, but if you watch them, the action on the screen is hopefully selfexplanatory... The first 3 video's explain the chord sequencer, which works the same way as Biab works, non real time.. Starting
Jump to new posts Re: CLP 585 - CS 10 - LX 15e by lance111 @ 10/02/15 11:41 AM

I am thinking of getting a CLP 585. I cannot find one in a showroom. I wear a headset and I want to make sure not to disturb the family at night. How load is it when you play it with the headset on? Is it quiet? I have an Arius YDP-181. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Help with buying a Clavinova by Chewbacca @ 10/02/15 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By joe80 I've got students with Yamaha grands who are atrocious. I hope they are not reading this forum Originally Posted By joe80 The CLP-535 is a pretty decent instrument for a beginner, and is certainly superior to the over
Composer's Lounge
I have loved most art forms. I have always wanted to create and not just passively enjoy; with the exception of film making and cooking.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: BERCEUSE - My third composition for piano by Pianistikboy @ 10/02/15 10:22 AM

Hello Morodiene, I'm so happy to receive your constructive criticism. Thank you for having taken the time to answer with all this details and links too. I understand what you tell me. I will think about your advices for my future compositions, trying
Member Recordings
Hello people, Miley Cyrus is finally back with something less retarded and more ballad-y, here is my piano on her new song released earlier today called Hands of Love. Enjoy my piano cover! https://youtu.be/nsGiNmOTU3w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 by BrianDX @ 10/02/15 07:38 AM

Good choice! Send pics once it arrives....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!! by jdw @ 10/02/15 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By Valencia jdw-glad you found the thread helpful. Your suggestion about getting the mind a step ahead of the fingers is very challenging! Yes, it can scramble your brain a little. I should maybe add that I don't worry at all ab
Jump to new posts Re: RD-800 typical EQ settings by islander53 @ 10/02/15 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By OcramI've been trying to tweak the upright sound to my taste as well. The biggest problem I find with it is the lack of sustain and the way some of the notes interact around the middle of the keyboard. The tone down in the bass r
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Visual test of improvisational thinking. by Nahum @ 10/02/15 04:27 AM

https://www.focusing.org/chfc/articles/en/thurow-interaction-squiggle-total.htm I suspect that not only I wasn't familiar with the theory of DW . Winnicott. Thanks to professional psychiatrists who have understood me, and sent in the right direct
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha E108
by Piano4kidz
10/06/15 06:54 PM
20 minutes
by dolce sfogato
10/06/15 05:12 PM
question on playing full songs
by iamanders
10/06/15 05:09 PM
Would U consider a piano only 3 years younger than the USA?
by swampwiz
10/06/15 04:33 PM
Marc-André Hamelin Cliburn Concert -- Webcast Tonight
by kcostell
10/06/15 02:24 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,964 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,338 Topics
2,452,325 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission