Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (Alexander Borro, Arabesque, Alexank, AndrewJCW, Al LaPorte, Amosdoll, 27 invisible), 1176 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to study for aural part of ABRSM exam? by SwissMS @ 07/27/15 01:50 AM

I find differentiating 2 time vs 4 time difficult as well. I use two aural trainers - e-musicmaestro.com and an iPad app called Aural book for practice. Of the two, I like e-musicmaestro.com the best. In two time, a couple of things can help wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome Survey by currawong @ 07/27/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By currawongAnd I have a Korg KDM2 which does everything I need it to do (= not much).I have one of these as well. Mainly for the volume control and the sort of pleasant "tock" sound it makes as
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800, I have seen the light by Dave Ferris @ 07/27/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By Rhodie73 Yeh I can't really explain it but when I play the CP4 with a band it just works. Yeah , people go to great extremes (myself included) to differentiate and verbally describe the nuances between these keyboards -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What brand uprights have accelerated action? by turandot @ 07/27/15 01:01 AM

As mentioned by Backto Study Piano, Sauter's RR action is designed to accelerate action response using an extra spring. It's available on several 122 cm and 130 cm models, and I've heard from a couple of sources that it's actually installed in models
Jump to new posts Re: Numa Compact keyboard by gracegren @ 07/27/15 12:51 AM

Thanks, Michael!
Piano Forum
Dear all For 30 years this is one my fave songs. Melody (from the Black and Blue Album, 1976) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjnoSxzcTc Billy Preston playing the piano. Unfortunately I cannot find any notes for the piano? Any suggestions? I woul
Member Recordings
[LINK HERE] https://youtu.be/L8KsjKDSo-Q This Amosdoll Music aurally arranged and performance showcases a live advanced original piano cover on FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 4 SONG [DAGames] - "Break My Mind". Note: I did not compose this song;
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1979 Kawai upright developing problems by KawaiDon @ 07/26/15 11:32 PM

Has the piano ever had any service besides tuning? A piano that is played regularly needs to be regulated and voiced occasionally. But if this technician was not responsive to your request, that's a sign that you should try to find another who is a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which pieces should I show to my NEW piano teacher? by Peter K. Mose @ 07/26/15 09:12 PM

You might post your query on the piano teacher board, instead of here. Are you just getting together for a first meeting, or is it an actual lesson? If the former, I'd say two pieces are plenty. If the latter, and your lesson is an hour, I'd say thre
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher in NJ by leel @ 07/26/15 08:46 PM

They can always contact Rutgers univ school of music. It's in New Brunswick.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore? by iluvansel @ 07/26/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By TheKing[quote=iluvansel]Good morning. Ask u guys, I just received my Casio digital piano but I saw no warranty card. I tried google online but Casio Sg website doesn't seem to have online registration. Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Need recommendation on MP11 vs. other options by Kawai James @ 07/26/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By shaouyKawai James, I had read on another topic thread that it would be great if Kawai had a trade-in/upgrade program. Would Kawai consider such a thing? No, I don't believe so. However, many dealers will offer a part-exchange d
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca93 vs ce220 by Kawai James @ 07/26/15 08:11 PM

Hello Jason, There's not a great deal more I can add beyond Steve's reply. The CA93 is a couple of generations old (CA93-->CA95-->CA97), but features more expressive piano sounds, a more advanced wooden key action, and a superior speaker syst
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shoninger Pianos Model:U2H, Color:7#, Serial: 024015 by Glenn Treibitz @ 07/26/15 07:38 PM

The Shoninger piano brand is owned and made by our company Hollywood Piano, with U2H being a 49" upright. These pianos were designed as a premium piano from China many years before there were the premium pianos we have today. We used upgraded pr
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: a type of backbeat? by KurtZ @ 07/26/15 07:22 PM

Behind the beat is a common expression. I've heard late backbeat as well. It's a form of rubato where the backbeat is held back just a tad without influencing the overall tempo. It comes mostly from the blues tradition and therefore runs through
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model R Upright by Bassano @ 07/26/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By Karl WatsonI'm afraid that a special order of an R-138 would fall on deaf ears. Any discussion of S&S (Astoria) equals asking for trouble. As an American baby-boomer, the Astoria firm dominated my sound-world for most of my
Originally Posted By Musicdude What are "sole plates"? When the key makers drill the balance rail hole, it is drilled from the bottom of the larger mortise down through the bottom of the key, usually through an added piece of wood
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding used Yamaha P85 by Finfan @ 07/26/15 03:41 PM

Thank you! I will probably at best be using it for home practice and perhaps some back yard parties in the foreseeable future. I am just starting to feel the limitations of my unweighted 61 key and I was hoping to move up to a full keyboard. This
Jump to new posts Re: Shop Relative Humidity at 100 by woodfab @ 07/26/15 03:15 PM

I don't know how you came across this old post. My shop is in my cellar. So far I have only worked on my own pianos and the fact that they have little value I don't worry. In the winter the humidity drops to about 20% and in the summer after it r
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by Peterer @ 07/26/15 02:19 PM

Well, in fact, I found the rebound problem in practically all digital pianos. Think about that Steinway has improved the piano with his "double scapement" system to allow performers to play very fast repeatly notes. In my opinion, GF2 has p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st digital piano advice.. by Finfan @ 07/26/15 02:00 PM

I think you might also consider how determined you are to learn to play. Are you a person who will stick with it no matter how frustrating it gets? Because it will get frustrating. If so then get the best instrument you can scrape the money togeth
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano for beginner. How good should I go? by Twindad @ 07/26/15 01:31 PM

Congratulations Willien, and welcome to the world of Bechstein owners. As you said, at this level, the pianos are all really good - and it boils down to individual taste. Hope you have many, many years of enjoyment out of your instrument. Be su
Jump to new posts Re: Making the return action quicker? by DeadPoets @ 07/26/15 01:04 PM

Ya. I've actually come to the conclusion that I'm better off selling it and getting a piano with the type of action I'm looking for. Admittedly I bought this kawai upright as my first purchase as a beginner. So I had no idea what to compare it to.
Jump to new posts Re: Recording From The Yamaha P115 ??? by toddy @ 07/26/15 11:27 AM

In that case, a Zoom H4 would be a good idea. Tascam and others also make similar devices, and if you don't need microphones, you could get something like this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/tascam_dp_006.htm Zoom recorders seem to be very well reviewed
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 vs Casio PX5S vs Yamaha CP50 by anotherscott @ 07/26/15 10:37 AM

I don't think they are worlds apart, I wouldn't categorize any of them as light actions. I think they are close enough that your preference may fall to other things rather than which may feel marginally heavier than the other. Of course, it's been
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Behind a piano without tears ?
by Nahum
07/31/15 08:39 AM
Does a responsive touch mean more resistance at the bottom?
by DeadPoets
07/31/15 04:10 AM
Teaching Friends' Kids
by AZNpiano
07/31/15 03:57 AM
What These Markings Indicate?
by Batuhan
07/31/15 01:43 AM
visited Pianoworks this week
by terminaldegree
07/31/15 12:07 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,882 Topics
2,431,565 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission