Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (Anne H, anotherscott, accordeur, 88fingers88, 32 invisible), 1071 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sustain pedal behaviour - Kawai CS7 by Kawai James @ 05/19/15 01:45 AM

A quick thread bump to address this query: Originally Posted By kapelliIs this problem solved with the new CA series? Yes, as of today's software update, the CA97/CA67, CA95/CA65, and CS10/CS7 all support this 'silent replay' pedalling characterist
Jump to new posts Kawai CS10/CS7 v2.02 software update - now available by Kawai James @ 05/19/15 01:36 AM

Good afternoon folks, Kawai Japan has recently issued software update v2.02 for the CS10 and CS7 digital pianos. This update fixes an issue with loading/saving User Memory files, some internal song and USB audio recorder issues, and a USB formattin
Jump to new posts Kawai CA95/CA65 v2.02 software update - now available by Kawai James @ 05/19/15 01:29 AM

Good afternoon folks, Kawai Japan has recently issued software update v2.02 for the CA95 and CA65 digital pianos. This update fixes an issue with loading/saving User Memory files, some internal song and USB audio recorder issues, and a USB formatti
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggio and chord fingerings by Gary D. @ 05/19/15 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By currawongI too have no problem playing the whole lot 5421 at speed. But I would use alternating 4 and 3 myself. It just feels better to me. And that's the point, really. I don't avoid using the 4th finger (I need all the fingers
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDXUpdate #2. Played all 5 guild pieces tonight at my lesson. Pretty good feedback from my teacher, however the tempo of the last and most difficult piece is not quite right. Will have to work on that. Also did the required
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 by Kawai James @ 05/18/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By Camilla84I wasn't sure if CN25 would be a better piano but I think the action on the CA17 is going to be better am I right? Yes, you're correct. As Hendrik notes, the CA17's keyboard action, piano sound, and speaker system are a
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: The Queens of Boogie Woogie… 15th Annual by Wendy DeWitt @ 05/18/15 07:58 PM

The Queens of Boogie Woogie shows were a blast and the audiences were enthusiastic and growing. If I can figure out how to post pix I'll put a few up. The Local papers were generous in covering the shows, especially Soper Reese Theatre in Lakeport.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 2010 Kawai RX-3 by BoisePhil @ 05/18/15 07:53 PM

Purchased in Feb 2015 from Portland Piano Company (Oregon). They are the best to work with especially the manager, Brenda Kell.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Anybody doing Curtis Institute Summer Chamber/Piano? by TwoSnowflakes @ 05/18/15 07:15 PM

Just checking to see if any other forum members are participating in the chamber and piano program starting this week. Last year was a truly memorable experience, and this year looks to be just as enriching. I'm putting the finishing touches on my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musiah by Joshua N @ 05/18/15 06:20 PM

I've been working on Musiah since January, currently on level 6. No prior piano experience. I've found that the trick to playing fast is to practice incredibly slow and sometimes sleep on it. Once I can play it slow perfectly, playing fast is someh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano News You Can Use - And Other Fun Music Stuff by Piano World @ 05/18/15 06:02 PM

Our latest newsletter is out now. You can read a copy online here... Piano News You Can Use, and Other Fun Music Stuff http://www.pianoworld.com/Newsletters/Piano_Newsletter_May_2015.html The newsletter is free. Subscribe today. Visit our Newsle
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich piano concerto no.1 by bennevis @ 05/18/15 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By John Doolyi personally am into chopin. but i would love to try this person as well are there any other concerto i can play with shostakovich? You mean, apart from his very appealing No.2 (composed for his son Maxim to play, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer action changes between 2000-2002 by twocats @ 05/18/15 05:24 PM

Thank you!!! I just realized that Ori probably wrote that in the context that I had been asking him if it would be crazy to consider the used Bosendorfer sight unseen (yeah, I should have known better than to ask!). So he was pointing out a differe
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-115 sustain pedal reverb bug by Cue Zephyr @ 05/18/15 05:11 PM

I don't know that much about boards, but it seemed like a solid unit to me. Keys felt solid and the case seemed OK. I played a SP170 and a SP280 alongside it. The boards of the 115 and 280 didn't feel far apart. The 115 may have been marginally stiff
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ 05/18/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By JessiebearOriginally Posted By CarlosCCThanks a lot Monica, MarieJ and Jessiebear! Yes, it was a beautiful and tuned(!) white piano. I couldn't resist Jessiebear, that arm-autograph seams like a real tattoo!!! It is a real t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any fun free sheet music? by JohnSprung @ 05/18/15 03:52 PM

Here's the mother lode of legal public domain popular music: http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/ You can download PDF's of the original sheet music for free. Most of it is 1922 and older, as that's all PD.
Jump to new posts Has anyone tried the Korg Havian yet? by Possum SP280Krome @ 05/18/15 03:51 PM

I am curious if anyone has tried this out, or perhaps is it even released? It mentioned a European action which I am wondering is it NH or more RH3 like? It looks to have a good speaker set as well but am wondering specifically about the piano and rh
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going Independent by oldbegonia @ 05/18/15 02:50 PM

As fate would have it, just a few months before Bill's early retirement and re-entry into piano teaching, our daughter was in a fender bender in one of our cars. Just a tail light and cracked fender. The cash pay out from the insurance company was en
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By DanSHave you spent a lot of time writing counterpoint? A lot of time - yes; but not write counterpoint - to improvise it.In addition, I write a lot of arrangements, and there is full of counterpoints.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 vs px-a100. Is there any difference? by Cue Zephyr @ 05/18/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By LimpoI found out that the px-160 is supposed to be available the 9th of June. Atleast on Thomann.de. Worth the wait? If that's true, then I'm curious as well. Right now I'm awaiting reply for the Kawai ES-100 availability from t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Monster Festivals, Plymouth State University by hreichgott @ 05/18/15 11:47 AM

Thanks dynamobt!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book for reading music/sight reading by anamnesis @ 05/18/15 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By anamnesis Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By paradice is there a book that goes through all these 'tricks' of how to read music in a methodical way instead of me being all over the p
Pianist Corner
Sergei Prokofiev - Piano Sonata No.1(upright piano "ROSLER") Republic of Kazakhstan,Uralsk. What do you think about the playing of the young lady (Nastya)? https://youtu.be/jJtgwgDTmHM
Jump to new posts Re: Thankyou by Frédéric L @ 05/18/15 10:50 AM

Oops, I wrote an answer as if you would like some help... And readind the message again, you already have it.
Pianist Corner
Congratulations Nikolas - fantastic! Thanks for posting the youtube link goodog
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
05/22/15 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
05/22/15 08:30 PM
What to check for when buying a used DP?
by Nimi1
05/22/15 05:40 PM
String levelling issue?
by Chris Warren
05/22/15 04:59 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,255 Topics
2,409,352 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission