Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: Jonathan Baker Ilinca, Also, your sales-bait of "you won't have to work hard" or "sacrifice anything" is insulting to anyone of average intelligence. Any student of mathematics, chemistry, farming, cooking
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Cromatic lead in Elton John song by Arabesque @ 09/14/14 10:02 AM

Suspended first inversion Gb, Ab, Bb fifths to C major with an open fifth in left hand.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Cruisin' - Sioen (Piano Cover) by Nica @ 09/14/14 09:58 AM

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vaeRttlSc It is my piano cover video of Cruisin' by Sioen. I sampled his voice from the original video. Hope you enjoy this video.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin SF10 by Michael Sayers @ 09/14/14 08:45 AM

I might be interested to hold on to a few sets of Baldwin hammers that have some playability left in them if anyone has these available to part with. These would be vintage for a SD-6 or SD-10. It is fine to just PM or email me about it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Taking chances" in a performance by Michael Sayers @ 09/14/14 08:30 AM

Maybe it is about pianists who, when exposed to audience pressure, find both the resolve and necessity to do things that would be risks with solitary playing or practicing. I think audiences like it when they know a pianist is walking out on that ti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by chopin_r_us @ 09/14/14 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: wr generally speaking, females have more of the connections in their corpus callosum than males. So any growth produced by musical training would be proportionally smaller for them, or maybe too small to measure. Yeh, makes 'em
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrading a Yamaha Silent Series piano by pianelmo @ 09/14/14 06:13 AM

Thanks for this. Useful to see people's views on the silent series in general and the benefits over purely digital pianos. I already own a silent series, so I am quite familiar with this. I have tested an SH silent in the shop and I love its added fu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing with cold hands is very difficult for me! by chopin_r_us @ 09/14/14 04:04 AM

If the going gets cold I position desk lamp(s) over the keyboard. Hey Louis, your posts are really good - I can't see why plastering the web with a request is a problem though. If it's with different user names I can see how it would be annoying. E
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano finish - repaint by Olek @ 09/14/14 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Gene NelsonFor a quick fix that will not match but look better than what you got just pull off the fallboard, remove all of the polyester where it is coming off. Maybe even take off the hinge. Sand down into the wood a bit and g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel, Sonatine - II. Mouvement de Menuet by AZ_Astro @ 09/14/14 02:18 AM

I have two favs that I would describe as delicate and beautiful. The first is: Chopin Nocturne, Op 9 No 1 Particularly this version played by Artur Rubenstein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtIW2r1EalM And the second is: Mendelssohn Song Witho
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Strange issue with Kawai ES7 is back.... by Kromen @ 09/14/14 01:34 AM

Indeed Ben. I will keep an eye on my unit the following days, hopefully the issue wont show again, in the meanwhile I will contact my dealer and try to set a revision. Once again, thank you all for your help and best wishes Regards, Kromen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible piano purchase by Jennymomofboys @ 09/14/14 01:30 AM

Thanks for the advice, this would explain why it's not sold yet, it's been on craigslist for awhile. I think that I will not travel to look at it, but when I get down that way I might see if it's still available. I'm not necessarily looking for a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: paganini variations composed by Hamelin by Left-CA @ 09/13/14 11:51 PM

The first variation is amazing! Im currently learning Etude No.6 and it now sounds easy in comparison.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl... Always makes me think of my old friend "The Ghost". Haven't seen or heard from him in years. Hope you're swimmin' in a nice bowl these days my friend. This is my Piano interpret
Member Recordings
We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl... Always makes me think of my old friend "The Ghost". Haven't seen or heard from him in years. Hope you're swimmin' in a nice bowl these days my friend. This is my Piano interpret
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a parent becomes a nag by malkin @ 09/13/14 10:09 PM

I had one of those 12 year-old daughters at my house for a while! To solve the current issue, just try something, and if it doesn't work, try something else. She won't be this age forever; the one who lived with me is now 25 and doesn't play vio
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Embarassing? by Minnesota Marty @ 09/13/14 09:59 PM

Great choice of words!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unexpected concert by earlofmar @ 09/13/14 09:31 PM

What a great memory
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos and Humidity: Historical Perspective? by Minnesota Marty @ 09/13/14 08:24 PM

David, The accuracy of modern HVAC systems is what affects the stability in the long run. Wood does not respond very quickly and when the temperature and RH are being controlled in a tight range, the result is a stable piano. That is provided by t
Jump to new posts Re: virtual keyboards displayed on youtube? by mdp92 @ 09/13/14 06:10 PM

I've used VMPK in the past. On the mac, Mainstage's screen keyboard looks nice, but no colors on the keys. Edit: I see you ask about sync with video. The screen recording software will record sound from software pianos or external inputs, like a mi
I've noticed a couple of differences between acoustic piano pedals and DP pedals. On acoustics, the first half inch of so of pedal movement offers very little resistance, then there's a bit of a notch and the pedal becomes harder to push down. I rem
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Waltz op. 64 no. 2 by MrPatrickDaniel95 @ 09/13/14 05:32 PM

Well one of my Favorite Waltze's ...i love it...hope you enjoy!:) Recorded on an Yamaha Clp-440 im saving money to buy a Knabe 1920's era restored from Livingpianos.com...cause i love the broad...round sound these pianos produce...almost identical wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sohmer T90 6'2 grand piano by Glenn Treibitz @ 09/13/14 05:07 PM

This was one of the best kept secrets in the piano business. Sohmers were some of the best pianos I've played from SMC. We even sold the T90 to the Maestro of a well known symphony. Sorry they stopped making them. I saw Sohmers first at their head
Originally Posted By: yeahyeahI initially thought you can consider (or convert) the two stereo headphone lines into left and right channels but I guess that's a wrong assumption. You could do it that way, but you'd have to rewire a couple of existing
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How can a classical pianist learn piano jazz? by Michael Martinez @ 09/13/14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: kanadajin Also, learning to transcribe note-for-note a recording is an excellent exercise, Yes, but only after you have a solid foundation of harmony, otherwise it's is going to confuse you. This is really true when it comes
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What books do you use for teaching beginners?
by Daffodil
09/19/14 12:54 AM
Help buying digital piano for my son
by roomservicetaco
09/18/14 11:54 PM
Headphone impedance for DP90se
by lunobili
09/18/14 10:29 PM
A Simulation Investigating the Source of Inharmonicity
by PaintedPostDave
09/18/14 10:18 PM
Chrono Trigger piano medley
by Stefo
09/18/14 04:44 PM
Who's Online
91 registered (ando, Allan W., antony, allakart, AEMontoya, 25 invisible), 944 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76250 Members
42 Forums
157617 Topics
2315154 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission