Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music desk glide/plate removal issue by David, Las Vegas @ 08/27/14 12:09 AM

I tried the tapping with a piece of hardwood but without too much tapping the wooden runner just crumbled in the middle of the piece and some dry rot is apparent. It wasn't powdery but was soft and beginning stages of decay. The dado should be easy t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert's opinion of critics by phantomFive @ 08/26/14 11:45 PM

And here is an interesting quote from two friends of the Schubert family. The first talking about Schubert, the second talking about Schubert's father. From this you can kind of get a taste of their relationship. Originally Posted By: friend of Schu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Recommendation? by anotherscott @ 08/26/14 11:26 PM

With speakers, I'd look at Roland FP-80 and Kawai ES7 (which are typically $2k, but with some aggressive shopping, could probably be had within your $1800 budget) and Yamaha P255 (which is more easily in your budget). If you want something less expen
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning my piano with an app by Maximillyan @ 08/26/14 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieMax, does that mean you like to tune after breakfast, and Johnkie likes to tune before lunch? Hi,Chris Probably, yes. But if to be quite exact, Max try to install the position of a handle closer to dinner. The
Jump to new posts Re: Touch like a grand by William Schryver @ 08/26/14 10:18 PM

First of all, I would say this: In my estimation, there is no such thing as a digital piano that has what I would characterize as anything truly approximating the action of a high quality acoustic grand piano ... or even a high quality upright piano,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet by Cinnamonbear @ 08/26/14 09:32 PM

Actually, Bruce, I did *not* know that! But our PW friend Pianoloverus shared that fact with me behind the scenes earlier today and pointed me to a score of the Nocturne that looks as though it was written for someone who has actual technique! LOL!
Piano Forum
If brightness is a problem, ask your tech to soften the hammers. On larger pianos made with concert venues in mind the hammers are often really hard to get the required projection. Often, hard hammers are just too much for the home environment. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Exercises for Melodica? by Charles Cohen @ 08/26/14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOr better yet, forgo the blowing into it and just play the notes without sound. You'll just have to sing it in your head. Yes -- that would turn it into an old-fashioned "silent practice keyboard" ! .
Jump to new posts Re: CLP Syringe with long needle by gynnis @ 08/26/14 06:50 PM

For a longer needle, try using a needle from a printer cartridge refill kit. There are lots of syringes for this use listed on eBay. The needles themselves can be ordered from companies like Vita Needle.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Just got joy of Improv - jazz Hanon question by Dfrankjazz @ 08/26/14 05:45 PM

You might try the beginning master classes Breakthrough to Improv and Beginning Improvisation Using Modal Vamps both free on YT as ways to start improvising once you've worked on JOI for a little while. I think you'll enjoy it) Thanks for your post.
Jump to new posts Re: Are you must always make A4= 440? by Maximillyan @ 08/26/14 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric GlooOriginally Posted By: A443 There is no international musical pitch standard: there has never been one, nor should there ever be. No person, organisation, or government has the right to dictate the entire world's level
Piano Forum
Post deleted (my queries clarified in previous post).
Jump to new posts Re: Damper regulation on Steinway upright by mdw86 @ 08/26/14 02:38 PM

Worked like a charm! I followed your advice and some ABCs on regulating from Reblitz. The piano sounds better than it has since I've owned it and the action feels like new. Mike
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Class Action Settlement by Plowboy @ 08/26/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Rank Piano AmateurThe only thing that I could find is that the class action was based on the possibility that the company was not sold for the optimum price, but I would like to learn more. That seems to be the gripe. Plus, wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In Search of Mozart by beet31425 @ 08/26/14 02:20 PM

I've seen "In Search of Beethoven". It was excellent. It gave a real feel for his life, made lots of interesting points, and had first-rate musicians explaining things and playing passages to back them up. -J
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about scales by phantomFive @ 08/26/14 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: leodvOh , Guess I will have to start from the beginning .. thanks man that was pretty helpful.. It will be faster this time, don't worry
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano accountability partner by jazzbalko @ 08/26/14 10:54 AM

Hey there! Thanks for the answer! Yes I've seen MOYD and it looks great, I'm sure it works for many people here. I'd prefer to do it one-on-one through mail or skype because I've find that it more fun and keeps me more motivated than writing to a f
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai USA customer service - an appreciation by Morodiene @ 08/26/14 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Digital PianoYes, it is... "unfortunate"... that after clearly acknowledging the existence of this problem, and telling me over and over again that they were looking for a solution (for 10 months), USA Kawai suddenly s
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Robin Spielberg Concert - Small Venue NH Dec by Piano World @ 08/26/14 07:34 AM

Our friend and long time Piano Forums member Robin Spielberg is playing at Cedarhouse Sound, a recording studio nestled in the woods of NH in N.Sutton Dec. 6, 2014 Kathy and I plan to go and we're hoping our members/friends in the area will join
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic piano pedal problem !!! by kobethuy @ 08/26/14 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaYou might do better to post this on the digital piano forum. thanks, moving thread now !
Jump to new posts Re: Large let-off or bubbling by Olek @ 08/26/14 06:16 AM

it can be reduced to a max but may happen if the key is not played frankly enough to the bottom. Having a free "fall"/return of the hammer at letoff (in slow motion) allow to regulate to the most effective checking. It happen that the let
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Bumping this one. Turns out I got another opportunity to present the Hindemith Kammermusik in concert in a month - any comments/criticism towards that performance in particular would be useful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by Rob Mullins @ 08/26/14 03:40 AM

Love Wayne Shorter here in L.A!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by rnaple @ 08/26/14 02:29 AM

I look forward to the Sequel. I gotta admit. The best part of the series is: (I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it) The judge's remarks at the contest and the decision on first place. Absolutely beautifully wise! EDIT: Also wanted to comm
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano in a very unexpected place! by Retsacnal @ 08/26/14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: WurliFan I don't want to think about how they got it up 15 stars with a landing in the middle! That may be the reason it's still up there...
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (A Guy, accordeur, *windowlicker*, 36251, 43 invisible), 1220 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76007 Members
42 Forums
157167 Topics
2308303 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stravinsky - Valse pour les enfants
by Peter071
08/30/14 06:05 PM
Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch.
by TwoSnowflakes
08/30/14 05:24 PM
What's the value of my piano?
by Athos
08/30/14 04:51 PM
Portable keyboard stand for Kawai ES7
by gbitw
08/30/14 04:24 PM
Recital Piece to go with Fur Elise
by eccp19
08/30/14 03:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission