Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
129 registered (36251, Almaviva, anamnesis, ajames, Albunea, 29 invisible), 1990 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Mr ZaxelsOriginally Posted By newbert Keyscape is not listed under the available VSTs in "Reaper" (so I can't do the final authorization of Keyscape's installation). This sounds like it installed the VST (the .dll)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann 2nd Novellette by Carey @ 09/23/16 09:02 AM

Half note = 92 seems way too fast !! My score indicates quarter = 152. I played the piece about that fast. Here's my recording from a few years ago. https://youtu.be/gJ8XpXLcdxg I still have all my fingering written in the score. Perhaps if you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by cathryn999 @ 09/23/16 07:26 AM

My goals for my next lesson: Technical work Group One: Staccato double octaves - even and at a comfortable tempo; dominant and diminished sevenths - all inversions; chromatic double minor thirds - comfortable tempo with *memorised fingering* Piece
Member Recordings
Hello The Weeknd and Daft Punk enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on their new awesome song called "Starboy". It is so amazingly catchy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/LEAX79ejsVc Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/pYQxDAcOtsU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Michiyo-Fir @ 09/23/16 01:30 AM

I've recorded October. I don't know how the Lark is going to go since I haven't really touched it since the August ABF recital and I feel like I've forgotten half of it...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Evening Stars in Okracoke, NC by SiFi @ 09/23/16 01:10 AM

I love that place and will listen tomorrow. Only thing you didn't mention was the mosquitoes. I think I lost more blood there than when I sliced my finger open one time while trying to open a bottle of Schweppes tonic water with a pair or scissors.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repertoire by SiFi @ 09/23/16 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Brenton -- and welcome to Piano World! Personally, I would lean to an entire French Suite without repeats, or perhaps two movements from one of the Partitas. The Fantasia in C Minor is also very effective. I
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Originally Posted By Lee AnnIt is a very lovely piano! I love learning the history of a piano too. Then I sit and visualize the person who played it, ha ha, it is all very interesting to me too Right! I have been doing that too. I am not sure if
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin L Grand Question. by Retsacnal @ 09/22/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By huaidongxiBaldwin wasn't moved to China by its 'parent' company, fender/gibson guitars, until early in this millennium. If I'm not mistaken, Gibson owns Baldwin. Fender is a separate company.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting art-case from Steinway by terminaldegree @ 09/22/16 10:03 PM

I think it's fun, however all those pictures with the fly lid in the wrong position while the piano's on the full stick is unnerving to me. I wish I would have known about this piano, as I played a concert there back in February and would have enjoy
Jump to new posts Re: My new Sohmer baby grand! by Lee Ann @ 09/22/16 09:52 PM

Thank you. I still need to get it tuned, the piano tuner we use is booked, so it might be a couple of weeks. I read somewhere that it is good to let it sit for a it before getting it tuned, after moving it. Not sure how true that is, but that's ho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How mush should 1980 Yamaha U3 be? by terminaldegree @ 09/22/16 09:40 PM

azk, Sounds like that U3 owner is trying to extract a premium price for that piano, but not willing to do the premium level of service on it to fetch said price...an unfortunate scenario with many private sellers, I'm afraid. I seem to recall there
Jump to new posts Re: Cunningham Piano Co. by f4tune81 @ 09/22/16 08:49 PM

looks great, and I think you got a good one for sure!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES8 & ES100 Giveaway (US only) by newer player @ 09/22/16 08:01 PM

Congratulations!
Jump to new posts Re: Handful of Keys: A Century of Jazz Piano by OrgantoPiano @ 09/22/16 04:58 PM

I saw them I think, on CBS Sunday Morning show and yes, the kid is amazing. Because I'm a church music director, we DVR the "Sunday Morning" show and watch it on Saturday morning. I love the show and especially when they highlight one of th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Find match between kinds of musics and brands by hoola @ 09/22/16 04:04 PM

Like wine and foods, I think there would be a better match between some kinds of musics and piano brands. Could we create a matrix 2 Dimension(3D if possible) like this: 1st D(Classic, modern...) 2nd D(brands) Or 1st D(Classic, modern...) 2nd
Thanks for all the updated information. Sounds like amplification is a key part of the performance equation. For both groups, we use an amp for the current keyboards (almost entirely for rehearsal for one group and occasional concert use for another)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms and Rachmaninoff by dolce sfogato @ 09/22/16 02:59 PM

I think both Brahms and Rachmaninov started as conservative composers, not copycats, but just not on the barricades. Their pianism was totally different atlthough both were virtuosos in the proper sense. Brahms learned to play the piano more ore less
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: French Piano School by fnork @ 09/22/16 02:39 PM

I wouldn't really want to categorize this very unique pianist strictly under the "French piano school", but the one living pianist that does remind of the older generation of French pianists you refer to would be Henri Barda. His playing is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Player surprise... by ChickGrand @ 09/22/16 12:50 PM

I had a cousin who played fantastic boogie woogie in the old church my great grandmother had built, one of the first in this state, before it was a state. Boogie woogie might be the only thing that'd get me into a church! I suppose one last story a
Jump to new posts Re: [Off Topic] Keyboard Corner forum...gone?! by brooster @ 09/22/16 12:21 PM

I wish I could meet the As Oops, the person who set that crap up!
This story gets even more interesting. I ordered eight banana plugs from a well known Dutch mail order site and they arrived today. There's a problem though. In order for me to insert the wire into the plug, I will have to drill out the plug. The
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Salvador Dali in a State of Grace by Rerun @ 09/22/16 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFivebtw I thought your Jackson Pollock piece was excellently matched to the art, but I'll fully admit I don't understand Pollock's work lol Ditto ... Pollock could spatter/dribble paint like no other ... artists use thos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano World users' opinions of Casio Grand Hybrid? by siggismari @ 09/22/16 07:16 AM

I suppose the main problem with crap sound from "furniture style" digital pianos in general, is that it is actually one huge "speaker-box" severely compromised by the requirement to look and function like a piano, resulting in ton
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about the piano business by Roy123 @ 09/22/16 07:08 AM

Static touch weight tells very little about how the action will feel. You need to measure additionally and more importantly the moment of inertia.
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Taj Mahal and the Piano Dealer
by Piano*Dad
9 minutes 5 seconds ago
Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour
by Pneuma
Today at 03:43 PM
Sheet music for 20th Century Songs
by DiarmuidD
Today at 01:35 PM
What song is this?
by Pneuma
Today at 12:58 PM
Yamaha NU-1 questions
by CyberGene
Today at 09:54 AM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,393 Topics
2,558,834 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission