Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
92 registered (90minIPA, al reds, agraffe, ando, Anne'sson, 26 invisible), 1332 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai by UpstairsDavid @ 02/10/16 01:04 PM

Thanks for the good wishes. Fortunately for my checkbook, the piano is on the ground floor. I originally took the username UpstairsDavid because my Casio keyboard, the only keyboard I had then, is in the upstairs home office. Piano tuner is coming
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by INBoston @ 02/10/16 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By INBostonOriginally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By INBoston We did not do any If there's something you'd like to do then why not just ask the teacher? Your teacher does not have telepat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by Midlife_Piano @ 02/10/16 11:16 AM

Happy Helen, You pretty much already know how to play the piano. Now you are just getting back on track. Many people here (myself included) are in the same situation. I started playing again 4 years ago after 25+ years of break. I found a great te
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forgetting music by INBoston @ 02/10/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsInBoston, I usually give my students one opportunity, starting with "I am not going to say anything to Mom (or Dad) this time. I routinely tell students/parents to pack everything either the night before or t
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Thank you for sharing my view on the future of piano competitions. I did remove the post from FB, since the responses from two of the major competitions were positive. I think the post is best suited here, and now that the competitions are aware of t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Just starting... by peterws @ 02/10/16 08:51 AM

The Roland may have 10 year guarantee in your countfy. . .
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano by TwoThumbs @ 02/10/16 05:41 AM

Thanks very much!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by BeeZee4 @ 02/10/16 05:10 AM

Love Angela Hewitt's! In addition to Maestro Schiff I've added Igor Levit's reading to my collection, a fascinating collection which includes Beethoven's Diabelli's and Rzewski's "People United Will Never Be Defeated", 3 sets of monster var
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Hammer Discoloration by TwoThumbs @ 02/10/16 04:27 AM

Discoloured hammer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a tone spreader ? by JohnSprung @ 02/10/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATL I like their sound, especially the vintage Masons, .... A seat of the pants engineering guess is that the vintage Masons in part stay sounding good for a whole lot of years because of the big strong steel thingy,
When one begins to master tone regulation-it becomes obvious that each action has its own set, (or maybe range is a better term) of regulation specifications. You want control over the action from start of stroke to leaving the key. And all of the re
Jump to new posts Re: Summers & Son spinet piano question by R.P. @ 02/09/16 10:19 PM

Pull the kneeboard off and take a look on the plate. My Baldwin Acro spinet has a date cast in on the lower middle/right....
Pianist Corner
The previous seller "KALANEE" has apparently dropped out from the listing although the price has gone up again with the other seller, here:
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GF and let-off by lolatu @ 02/09/16 08:39 PM

I think the tabs were removable in the RM3 action, because it was an optional feature. In the GF action I have a feeling that they're not, although I don't have any photos and it's been a long time since I opened my CA95, so I can't fully remember.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Sound Routing Question by Kawai James @ 02/09/16 07:00 PM

Yes, the UPRIGHT/MONO features two mono piano patches: 'Mono Pop Piano' and 'Mono Concert'. I hope this helps. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by jdott @ 02/09/16 06:35 PM

I slipped on some ice in 2003 and fractured my left radius and had a complete tear of the scapho-lunate ligament. My right wrist I injured possibly 2 or 3? years later. I stepped off of a ladder in the garage onto a board, and fell into a pile of s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messiaen prelude - another question on notes by Michiyo-Fir @ 02/09/16 05:32 PM

It could be a different publisher's edit that gives it a different note. Based on the only version of the score I managed to see online, it seems (E#) F would be the correct note. I'm not very familiar with Messiaen but I know with Chopin publicati
Jump to new posts 2016 Chicago International Duo Piano Competition by Piano World @ 02/09/16 04:48 PM

2016 Chicago International Duo Piano Competition Sponsored by the Chicago Duo Piano Festival and Music Institute of Chicago Claire Aebersold and Ralph Neiweem, Founders and Directors June 8-12, 2016 Music Institute of Chicago Nichols Concert Hall
Jump to new posts International Piano Competition - CA - March/April 2017 by Piano World @ 02/09/16 04:40 PM

Virginia Waring International Piano Competition Senior Competition (18-35 years old) Over $35,000 in prize money plus performance opportunities. The 2017 Competition March 27 - April 2, 2017 is open to qualified applicants between the ages of 18 a
Jump to new posts 2016 Midwest International Piano Competition by Piano World @ 02/09/16 04:19 PM

The University of Northern Iowa School of Music is thrilled to announce the 2016 Midwest International Piano Competition, taking place in Cedar Falls, Iowa, June 5-11.  Prizes: Junior Category 1st prize $2500 2nd prize $1500
Jump to new posts Re: ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem by MarieJ @ 02/09/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By newbert FWIW - I tried it with iBooks and the iBooks doesn't respond to the pedal at all. Are you sure that it should work with iBooks? Sorry, Newbert, not having a PageFlip I Googled its specifications and saw iBooks under 'Ap
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Photo hosting on PW by Sam S @ 02/09/16 03:19 PM

Looks great Rick - plenty of room for pianos! Sam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Big discovery on how the brain processes music by phantomFive @ 02/09/16 02:59 PM

This one is good too
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunidifier system by Miguel Rey @ 02/09/16 02:51 PM

I wouldn't. I would hate for something to go wrong and the vicks keep pumping out steam. You need to keep the humidity controlled by something relatively accurate. Sound like for you it's best to go with a damp chaser system or similar.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach's Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 by mjames @ 02/09/16 02:38 PM

Thank you so much for your advice, I appreciate it! Don't worry I'll take your suggestions into consideration and I'll post an update soon. The piano's not mine, it's the school's but I will fill out a repair request form today. Again, thanks for li
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Cold hands? Rub wrists!
by Cinnamonbear
02/13/16 11:02 PM
PROBLEMS WITH NEW PIANOS...
by Norbert
02/13/16 08:19 PM
Practice
by ee375
02/13/16 07:30 PM
Moskowski F major op 72 6 vs Chopin op 25 12?. Which is more
by rov
02/13/16 03:58 PM
Boston 118 Piano?
by Kenan
02/13/16 03:58 PM
Forum Stats
82,584 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,485 Topics
2,495,119 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission