Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (barbaram, Bambers, AZNpiano, BachToTheFuture, alwatson, Beakybird, 14 invisible), 1678 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best System for Pianoteq by Andriuska @ 01/19/17 08:27 PM

Another good experiment that I would like to try would be to use a slow motion camera like those available on the iphones to record pressing the keys and see how long it takes to get a sound with different configurations, since it seems some of this
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP-700 USB device mode by Anwar @ 01/19/17 08:26 PM

I received replies from Casio technical support and they have acknowledged that the AP-700 (also applies to the GP series) will not be able to convert .CSR to .MID as it can only load them into user music library (songs 61-70) but not the piano MIDI
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SCHWANDER MECANISM - how to improve? by BDB @ 01/19/17 07:43 PM

My response was to the immediately preceding post, as is this.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-900...? :) by HSFlik @ 01/19/17 05:45 PM

Nice. Looks like Roland had everyone drop the price of the RD-800 recently to make room for the RD-2000, because the RD-800 used to cost $2499 in the US up until very recently.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: can I use this as caster cup for upright piano? by Miguel Rey @ 01/19/17 05:21 PM

Piano Caster cups are cheap already , no need to buy an alternative.
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring the string thickness by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/19/17 05:11 PM

The chart implies accuracy to 0.025, not 0.001. Sig figs get complicated when we are making conversions from imperial fractions to decimals.
Jump to new posts Re: 19th Century whippen with no jack button or screw? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/19/17 05:03 PM

No button to adjust the position of the jack. That's the same set up as an upright. Adjusting let off to adjust jack position wouldn't work. Let off button is not in contact with jack until let off. If you need to adjust jack position on these, you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 01/19/17 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung6 ounces is 170 grams, about three times what it should be. I accidentally put 6 ounces in my original post when it should have been 3. Three times what it should be would then be 50% more than what it should be (1.5 t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question about notation conventions by BDB @ 01/19/17 04:41 PM

Keep in mind that there has been known to be mistakes in printed scores, or even manuscripts!
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by kpembrook @ 01/19/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By David BoyceIt does sound to me as if the issue has been with the tuning..... But maybe voicing. If the hammers need to be fitted to the strings or hard spots in the hammer dealt with, you can get a sound that isn't "clean
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Electric or Acoustic? by hello my name is @ 01/19/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By gnuboiPlaying the acoustic is more satisfying though, at least for me. Why not just grab your parents' piano? A piano needs to be played and loved So my parents are letting me grab the piano! BUT now I got it in my head tha
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Looking for a LRSM Viva Voce teacher by Missha318 @ 01/19/17 03:47 PM

I have failed my LRSM Viva Voce twice... I am still looking to pass the exam entirely. I've already passed the recital part of the exam. What's so tough is that each examiner asks questions differently... the last examiner even ask "What can you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by BruceD @ 01/19/17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By quindecima[...] I wanted one from the golden age of Piano building as it were. I felt if I had a quality rebuild from that era, late 20's, it would be a big plus. [...] Of course the key word in that second sentence is "i
Jump to new posts Casio Privia 860 assistance/opinion sought by Dunolde @ 01/19/17 12:41 PM

OK, for good or ill I got a Casio Privia 860 and I think it sounds pretty good. Anyway, there are several settings that can be changed or personalized. I'm not looking for a Concert Grand in my living room, just a regular piano, but can't seem to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help Identifying a Piece by Tim Adrianson @ 01/19/17 12:32 PM

Hi, alexii! Actually, Horowitz is just playing little fragments of several different pieces -- the one he plays the most of is the Emmerich Kalman piece, as indicated in the YouTube commentary itself.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liebestraum by Tim Adrianson @ 01/19/17 12:22 PM

Hi, Abusu! And welcome to PW! Your reference to the Liu Yang River arrangement brought back memories for me -- I played it several years ago as one of the performers for "Asian Day", a celebration conducted by a large company I worked f
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Spirit of the Burn! by Dfrankjazz @ 01/19/17 12:22 PM

BURN NOW FRIENDS - It could soon be against the law!! https://youtu.be/hYVlS0F2D6U Dave Frank NYC
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts firewood by Cassia @ 01/19/17 10:51 AM

Expensive firewood
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By barbaram I would interpret the "not too many questions" advice as "trust the process" This is how I took the original quote from Goss to mean in the context of what came after it. I have no problems with qu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curtis Boston Upright (M. Steinert & Sons) by Piano Tipping @ 01/19/17 09:38 AM

I've been cleaning it up the past couple of days. I took the keys and action out. I was hoping to find some cash or gold coins under the keys but no luck. I vacuumed all the dirt and cobwebs and cleaned up the strings with a scotchbrite pad. I went f
Jump to new posts Re: Lindner piano by David Boyce @ 01/19/17 09:37 AM

I know this is an old thread, but recently with the aid of some reverse engineering and 3D printers, some new parts have been engineered for the little Lindner uprights. A guy in England is making a couple of the most frequently broken parts, to an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano parties in Leiden, The Netherlands by chopinoholic @ 01/19/17 09:27 AM

Hi Peter, I am a member of the pianogroep Nieuwegein. I understood that you had contact with the board a year or so ago. Suddenly the penny dropped and you are that guy. Congratulations on getting this going. I would like to attend one time when I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good materials to after Faber/Alfred's Course One by bSharp[C]yclist @ 01/19/17 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By bSharp[Cyclist]I've enjoyed the Alfred's Masterwork Classics series - that's if you like classical stuff. I should clarify. Each book so far in this series is broken up into two parts, a Baroque and Classical part, and then a R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Montuno @ 01/19/17 08:29 AM

Scorpio, very beautiful!
Congrats Markarian, As mentioned previously by poster, are you using the latest update 1.6? If not you should install
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Unable to transpose on Williams Legato Keyboard
by paulcbaynes
01/24/17 02:05 AM
Value of my 26 year old digital piano?
by SFOtoSEA
01/24/17 01:31 AM
For everyone who says a keyboard can't come close in sound..
by polo1
01/23/17 11:37 PM
My visit to Steinway Hall in NYC
by pianoloverus
01/23/17 09:29 PM
Tuning unisons ?
by Charles Cohen
01/23/17 09:17 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,367 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,977 Topics
2,591,697 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission