Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CLP-440 by Phlox @ 04/17/14 10:57 AM

I don't know what is the most popular, but i have toyed with some piano sounds (sampletank, Igrand and garageBand) It's nice what they can get out of an Ipad with these apps. Don't expect sympathetic resonance but they do sound nice. And there are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme identification by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/17/14 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes...Also, behold the glory that is Svetlana Zakharova. Wow! She is amazing! Originally Posted By: Polyphonist I much prefer this waltz the way I am going to play it - a solo piano pi
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix? by dmd @ 04/17/14 10:07 AM

It all depends upon what you have more of ... time or money. Nothin' but time ? Give it a shot. Flush with money ? Forget it. Sell it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some advice on the purchase of a new piano by Retsacnal @ 04/17/14 09:46 AM

I don't know the market in Australia, but my gut feeling is that the Roenisch price is too high. In any regard, it's a second-hand piano, so don't be afraid to haggle on the price, or services (delivery, warranty, future tunings, etc) that he'll thro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about app.box by UKIkarus @ 04/17/14 09:04 AM

Box is an online storage like dropbox, for those who were lucky and grabbed the mobile app early, it also comes with a free 50gb lifetime allowance which is why people tend to use said things for uploading their recordings. I'm not sure if it still
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann "Little Study" by hreichgott @ 04/17/14 08:54 AM

I thought this was beautifully done and I don't think it necessarily needs to be faster. It COULD be faster but this tempo works well. (Polyphonist wants everything to be fast, you know ) Seems like the main challenge is keeping things steady whil
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The Great Pumpkin Waltz by Arizona Sage @ 04/17/14 08:18 AM

Hi all, Here's my attempt to recreate the Great Pumpkin Waltz by Vince Guaraldi. I recorded it on one take and left it as is, flubs and all. I recorded this using my Korg KronosX, sending it into Sony Acid software. I'm just getting my DAW and Sy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QOTW: Piano faux pas you care to share? by WiseBuff @ 04/17/14 08:06 AM

Mr. S-H. Cannot even think about additional stories after that one...still laughing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String motion over Vee bar by Olek @ 04/17/14 08:05 AM

You can use this software : 2 channels tone generator with phase shift : (there are 2 versions 32 and 64 bits) 2channels frequency generator Creating a phase shift and looking at Tunelab display, at 440 Hz the tone "seem to" lowers wh
Jump to new posts Re: Ernesto Nazareth - Eponina by Inlanding @ 04/17/14 07:55 AM

Andy!!! Thank you for your comments on Eponina. The recording is not the most recent, but it seemed the most cogent of the lot. At some point, it would be great to tackle some of Nazareth's more spirited and complex rhythmic compositions. I am work
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital by chopinoholic @ 04/17/14 07:55 AM

Woohoo, 100 playbacks of my recording. I never had an audience THAT big!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a composing challenge? by Polyphonist @ 04/17/14 03:23 AM

I don't see how this is a Waltz. Perhaps you could explain. As for that 16th rest, I hid it at first, but then it always looked like something was missing as soon as I looked at it. So I brought it back. My eye really needs it, to maintain symmetry
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover by SAO @ 04/16/14 11:12 PM

First complete piano transcription in my life Played by ear, then I make the piano sheets based on my performance. You can download the Sheets & MIDI on my blog, via this link http://sharingpiano.blogspot.com/2014/04/cristina-perri-human
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Mozart k310 by hreichgott @ 04/16/14 10:20 PM

k310
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Op28 No 20 by Arizona Sage @ 04/16/14 10:12 PM

Hi all, I'm a relative beginner and have taken a stab at Chopin's prelude No 20 Op 28 No 20 in Cm. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12758747 I know the tempo is a bit slow but I'll work on that as I become more comfortable with the chord cha
Jump to new posts Re: "Shoe box" sound by Del @ 04/16/14 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Toni GoldenerHere in my place there are a lot of grand (smaller Yamahas come to my mind), that have this kind of sound in the bass. Sometimes worse than an small upright (not in the low bass, but in the tenor break). Like there
Pianist Corner
One of my teachers informed me that every time I played his piano it would go out of tune, and I had broken more strings than any other student. Turns out I hit the keys way too hard when I was trying to. I think this might be a common problem for pe
Originally Posted By: A443Paul678, the truth will not get a piano technician very far in the piano industry. While I assume you are talking about a private party sale in your hypothetical—for which the main points have already been made by other post
Adult Beginners Forum
I am already smarter. Thanks much, poormxdad
Jump to new posts Chopin etude op.10 no.1 by trigalg693 @ 04/16/14 08:30 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this. Recorded straight off my FP-7F, I haven't figured out why there's so much electrical noise but oh well. https://soundcloud.com/andrew-qian-2/chopin-etude-in-c-major-op-10
I haven't logged on in forever, but I just thought of this and found this thread. I personally like the mellow sound. I think you might be able to get it more crisp by custom EQ. I find the preset EQ pumps up certain parts of the spectrum way too mu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by Minnesota Marty @ 04/16/14 07:50 PM

If only it had pedals.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by S. Phillips @ 04/16/14 06:51 PM

Unless they can measure very correctly, you won't know the model until you get there. There was no Academy piano at that time so it is a C. Bechstein. They had aggraffes all the way up the treble. Make sure you look carefully for a cracked plate.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cracks in my soundboard?? by Minnesota Marty @ 04/16/14 06:17 PM

Introducing my new invention - The Piano Player Pacifier Useful in quelling the anxiety of caring for a fine piano, it gently sounds Für Elise as you gum your way into tranquility. (Well all suffer from the same anxieties - Yer doin' gud!)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by Marco M @ 04/16/14 05:20 PM

Thank you so much!!! I use it since, I think, almost one year now. Great work!
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (Atrys, AZ_Astro, 3rd Ear, accordeur, angga888, 39 invisible), 1188 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251520 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission