Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
65 registered (ando, BabyCat, barbaram, Allar A, AndyP, 15 invisible), 1155 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealers in metro DC area. by Retsacnal @ 01/25/15 08:20 PM

I'm anxious to hear how the OP's trip went. How the Blüthner looked, and where she ended up shopping.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: -“The Lullaby of the Bells”. by stumbler @ 01/25/15 08:13 PM

Primo Piano 1 Interesting background story. Congrautlations on finding the music. This is a pretty piece.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CL35 key repair (Advanced Hammer Action IV) by Kawai James @ 01/25/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcos DanielJames, a couple of month ago I've been to Buenos Aires and talked with Kawai's distributor here in Argentina, I forgot to ask if they could get me parts, but the guy told me that they were trying to be authorized to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Pricing by Retsacnal @ 01/25/15 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: phackeHello, hoodon- I am pretty sure I saw one of that model, rosewood and all, with some modifications done over the years on CL in my area. It couldn't sell for $5K, but finally went when the price was reduced to around $2.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 01/25/15 06:54 PM

I've gotten an hour and a half in today, and expect to get some more in later. Work really is lightening up and it helps. Like several here (SwissMS in particular) I play in short 15-30-45 minute sessions several times a day. That's one of the reaso
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aeolian M&H BB by pianoloverus @ 01/25/15 06:50 PM

I think it is almost always a mistake for someone to buy a piano with the intention of having it rebuilt. Find a rebuilt piano you like that's already rebuilt so you know what you're getting. Maybe the only exception IMO would be if you must have a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The one piece you play that others like best by Svenno @ 01/25/15 05:27 PM

"Please, pleease play the Revolutionary!!! It's so awesome!" It is a great etude, but it's getting pretty tiring to play it to pretty much all of my classmates all the time, and my friends :p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ultimate Vertical Piano by Jason74 @ 01/25/15 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: monadsIt's been discussed before, and it's difficult for one person to try ALL models so I'm not going to ask what is the best upright as it' user/player subjective. What I am looking for is your opinion and review on some of
Jump to new posts Re: Sustain pedal behaviour - Kawai CS7 by kapelli @ 01/25/15 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai Jamessoundsystem, as dewster notes, the CS7 does not support this 'silent replay' characteristic. We are aware of this point, however I'm not sure if a decision has been made on whether it will be implemented on the CS se
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: NorbertQuote: If neither of those work out, I can always consider a new Estonia! Estonia is hardly a second choice. We just sold a 190 and 210 grand to 2 highly accomplished, professional musicians. These guys had compared t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by Swarth @ 01/25/15 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Piano forum where you will find more than a few people who have definitive opinions about pianos, some even based on fact. While we all want validation that our piano is "worth it" some strive for the holy grail of piano Nirv
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Barenboim discusses how to listen to music by Mark_C @ 01/25/15 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: wouter79I think this is his message. Originally Posted By: Barenboimyou have to have the will to attach yourself to the music, and then you will fly to it. Once you have learned to give yourself to it, you will find out what oth
Jump to new posts Re: Firmware 1.13 update for Casio PX-5S by TonyB @ 01/25/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: OneWattOriginally Posted By: TonyBApparently, last October, Casio released a firmware update for the PX-5S stage keyboard. Mine currently has 1.12. Has anybody done the update? Any problems or noticeable improvements? Readin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Ellie, Your realizing the separation between the performer and the listener. The performer can never really know exactly how the sound is projecting. Talk to singers. There are times they can't hear themselves and only feel a buzz in the front of the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yamaha U1A too old? by Jason74 @ 01/25/15 01:39 PM

I have a 1975 Yamaha U1, and based on 10 years of owning it, I'd say that no, a late 80s U1 is not too old, assuming it's in good all round condition. A good used U1 is imho a very good choice at their price point, and gets you a lot more piano for t
Jump to new posts Re: Placing the temperament strip in a birdcage by kpembrook @ 01/25/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rysowersI use standard temperament strips. I pull the action out and strip down below the hammers, leaving enough of the strip hanging so that when the action is put back in, I can grab the strip and pull it out a note at a time
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by ShannonG @ 01/25/15 12:44 PM

If anyone is interested, makingmusicfun.net has a great easy version of Moonlight Sonata (first movement)for free.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a UK Technician by David Boyce @ 01/25/15 10:58 AM

Dr. Brian Capleton is also author of the phenomenal tome Theory and Practice of Piano Tuning.
Piano Teachers Forum
Yes, that is it- like a health club- music for your souls' health! Whenever they begin, they must pay $100, period. And they must pay up front for the lessons, separately from that fee, at least one month. I do not collect yearly, but I do keep cop
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by casinitaly @ 01/25/15 07:36 AM

OK. This is not getting the thread back on track. Case closed.
Pianist Corner
respect, Hats off sir
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by Baracat @ 01/25/15 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: gooddog How are you going to practice a piece you don't know the name of and by inference, don't have the music for?[...] ... and that is stil
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: The Hanging Tree - Jennifer Lawrence by Mr. Pianoman @ 01/25/15 04:47 AM

I recorded the strings separately.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 or 2002 Estonia asking 8k? by JohnSprung @ 01/25/15 03:55 AM

The period of big improvements for Estonia was the 1990's. The Soviet era pianos were the worst, by 2001-02 they could be quite good. So it's well worth a look. The current condition of the individual instrument outweighs its initial design and b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another new student by Johan B @ 01/25/15 03:47 AM

Steve 167 Welcome at PW. It's not only a forum, it's a digital community of piano- and musiclovers. Regards, Johan B
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beethoven Sonata 30
by George Miller155
01/29/15 01:18 AM
The Right Words At The Right Time
by Cinnamonbear
01/29/15 12:09 AM
Having goals to aim for
by Arghhh
01/28/15 11:01 PM
Noise from line in on MP7?
by acoxcae
01/28/15 08:55 PM
Schubert and Alkan
by Polyphonist
01/28/15 08:44 PM
Forum Stats
77904 Members
42 Forums
161010 Topics
2365363 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission