Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
112 registered (Aceituna, Almaviva, albumblatter, Amosdoll, 28 invisible), 1365 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Withindale I was just covering myself in case someone likes minimal or no after touch. Franz Mohr, reportedly had to remove all the aftertouch from Horowitz's piano - does it say that in his book, My Life with the great Pianists
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-90 Power Issue by MacMacMac @ 03/28/15 10:20 PM

If you have never done this sort of repair work, find someone who has. It's not difficult if you know how, but otherwise don't.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Charles-Valentin Alkan "Zorcico" by Orange Soda King @ 03/28/15 10:05 PM

Better quality recording of Zorcico: https://app.box.com/s/noyymso5icwve6lro24kz2cppzlruldr
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MALDI_ToFI see the metronome as a tool to be used sparingly. It is no different than when I play something with such a wrong rhythm (or I slow down/speed up excessively) that my teacher must start clapping to force me back to tem
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Hilary Duff - Sparks (Advanced Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ 03/28/15 09:22 PM

New song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExVE5Nwx48U
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Silver KeysI recall picking up a factoid (probably from the person who sold me my piano) about M&H gong back to the original plans for the golden era BBs and building those exact same piano today. I don't know how accurate t
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Västerhaninge church by phantomFive @ 03/28/15 08:55 PM

Västerhaninge church
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 stands? by Abby Pianoman @ 03/28/15 07:48 PM

The optional stacker for the K&M 18950 is called the K&M 18952 stacker. It will support up to 30 Kilograms. Which would leave 50 Kilograms for the MP11 beneath, which weighs 32 Kilograms. The MP7 weighs 21 Kilograms, therefore should not b
Jump to new posts Re: My VPC1 sustain pedal problem (is) history by joflah @ 03/28/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By MyonHello, maybe you are interested in a similar project with a Honeywell hall-sensor shown here: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?pid=937672#p937672 Very interesting. For the second version, the poster says he was
That was awesome!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession by Perri Knize by wimpiano @ 03/28/15 04:15 PM

Lol@Norbert. @anyone reading this thread: Buying this book is money well spent. A serious pageturner and informative as well.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I spent a few weeks in Nicaragua last summer. I didn't see a single acoustic piano nor any shops selling them. Nicaragua is wonderful but the populace is still mostly poor. There's an emerging middle class but they're emerging from a profound pove
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by Michael Sayers @ 03/28/15 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Michael SayersIt isn't any different than what was notated. The score is marked fortissimo and largo at the beginning, and all original notation was adhered to including the first edition repeate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Interesting insight into Chopin's compositional methods. by ChopinLives81 @ 03/28/15 12:48 PM

I found this quoted account by George Sand on how Chopin would go about composing. I find some deep fascination in this because it's so similar to how I compose. I also feel this depicts how Chopin could sometimes be a faithful servant/slave to his o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5 by izaldu @ 03/28/15 12:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, Possum Rat I just found this on youtube, thought i'd leave it here, Tcherepnin played the coda himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBOvJJ7FENQ I guess that settles it.
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert-Liszt In der Ferne by Orange Soda King @ 03/28/15 11:46 AM

Wow!! That was very beautiful. You have a very bright career in front of you. You post such consistently high quality performances. Please keep posting your performances here!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Hakki Schumann, OTOH is always a classy choice. I. LOVE. The Schumann. Always have. It was the first concerto I ever really fell head over heels in love with. Listening, of course. Never playing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double strikes after moving my Yamaha C2 by HansC2 @ 03/28/15 09:53 AM

SOLVED IT! Just brushed the knuckles. After that the double strikes were gone, even after setting the let off a bit higher. What a difference in playing! So at the end it turned out to be a friction issue of the knuckle and the jack. Because of thi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recent piano concerti...? by wr @ 03/28/15 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By fnork In any case, it would be nice to see the discussion on new concerti continue in one way or the other! I'll try to add some more works soon. Earlier in the thread you gave a link to the Abrahamsen concerto and I just now g
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Remote control piano by slipperykeys @ 03/28/15 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By 255Advertising spots should be erased from Earth. Yes, why not. The more we ban and outlaw things the more of an interesting, fun place this world becomes.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts cocert grand Petrof by Gadzar @ 03/28/15 08:24 AM

Concert grand with 92 keys
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: theory vs playing by johan d @ 03/28/15 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By keystringJohan d, there is something missing in this thread which is probably quite important and nobody has mentioned it. Since you have a teacher, and this teacher is showing you structures in the music you are playing, have y
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts ON HEARING OF THE PASSING OF LEONARD SIMON NIMOY by RonPrice @ 03/28/15 05:22 AM

ON HEARING OF THE PASSING OF LEONARD SIMON NIMOY On hearing of the passing of Leonard Simon Nimoy(1931-2015) yesterday, I put together some of my writing about him to serve as a sort of quasi-eulogy. I have also integrated his life and my own since
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: INTRODUCTION TO MY SINGALONG BOOKLETS by RonPrice @ 03/28/15 05:11 AM

SINGALONGS AND MY TWO-2 RING BINDERS: 1952 TO 2012 Part 1: This 2200 word, 5 page font 14, essay explores the story of the gradual evolution of the singalong booklets in my life: 1952 to 2012. The first booklets of music in my life, at least those
Just For The Fun of It
It has been seven years since I was last on this thread. I'll add a word or two about the waltz while here and then pass on to life here in Australia.-Ron Price, Tasmania ------------------------------------ There are several references to a sliding
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What happened to Polyphonist?
by JoelW
03/31/15 10:45 PM
Sohmer Upright piano model 34A
by dbf
03/31/15 09:25 PM
A long over due update...
by Les Koltvedt
03/31/15 09:04 PM
Piano Movers Tightened a Leg Bolt too Tightly
by pianoman9
03/31/15 08:17 PM
descending thirds with right hand
by pianu_reeves
03/31/15 06:40 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,896 Topics
2,390,941 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission