Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (Bach2Black, 36251, ando, alwatson, augustm, 23 invisible), 2092 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: tempo shifting software by Veelo @ 10/19/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By Dfrankjazzwhich wheel are you referring to? On youtube videos the wheel is in the bottom right corner.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve Chandler[...] Disclaimer, I own a 10 year old Estonia 190, so I'm very familiar with their sound signature. If you can find a 210 to play you should do so. I, too, own a (now twelve-year old) Estonia 190. Fortunately - or
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ocean Tears by Quiet Submediant @ 10/19/16 03:51 PM

I really like your left-hand. But it might be a problem with your composition when your submissive left hand is more musically interesting, at least when compared to you more insisting, and dominant but rather boring,right hand. It is of course not
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Technique by hello my name is @ 10/19/16 03:39 PM

Thank you both. I have a little kid starting with me soon. Good to know I don't have to be too concerned about his hand positioning. Unfortunate that these books don't do technique so well. What do you feel is wrong AZN?
Adult Beginners Forum
Fabulous replies! Many, many thanks!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Syncopation...Please Help Me Understand by hello my name is @ 10/19/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenOriginally Posted By TimR . . . I think swung eighth notes came first and notation later. Since there's no perfect way to notate them, and the amount of swing varies so much with genre and tempo, it's simpler just
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: It pays to use a qualified professional. by bkw58 @ 10/19/16 03:00 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 100 Melodies a Year Club (Happy Birthday) by PianoStudent88 @ 10/19/16 02:23 PM

I had previously picked out Happy Birthday (in the key of F major, starting on C). This time around, I didn't remember it fully to start with, but it was quick for me to work out the correct notes again, building on the general contour that I rememb
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 100 Melodies a Year Club (#2: Old MacDonald) by PianoStudent88 @ 10/19/16 02:10 PM

Forgot the descriptive material that Albunea used in the #1 Happy Birthday thread: General reference and discussion of the project on this thread . Our second attempt in the club is going to be OLD MACDONALD! The days programmed for Old MacDonald
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Piano Keyboard Music Note Aid
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about tunelab by Ed A. Hall @ 10/19/16 12:45 PM

Mr. Zebra, I can understand the reluctance. Many want to put their focus on learning how to tune but put the other aspects of piano repair on the back burner. They end up ruining their reputation and being labelled "tooners". That said,
Jump to new posts Re: 80s Baldwin rib-rim question by bkw58 @ 10/19/16 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By BDBNoticing? Thanks, BDB. :-)
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Schumann - Gesänge der Frühe by CanCakmur @ 10/19/16 09:40 AM

Schumann's Gesänge der Frühe op 133 from my recital in Leipzig. This is a very special piece for me and I hope you also like. Gesänge der Frühe
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by AndrewCabana @ 10/19/16 09:22 AM

A lot of people are sensitive to those high notes that are "never used". More often than not, spending more time on the unisons here will change the perceived tuning of the entire piano. And if these unisons are not clean you can' t really
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let the bells ring by LarryShone @ 10/19/16 09:10 AM

The crazy thing is the main bell has been stopped in the upright position, and it's resting on a tiny thin piece of metal. If that metal were to break...
Jump to new posts Re: False Beats-V Bar Shape and Pressure Bar height by AndrewCabana @ 10/19/16 08:52 AM

Yes. I often get overagitated with small pianos because of their harsh and loud Asian hammer attacks but it is amazing how different it sounds with the cover back on. Back on false beats: in the Riblitz book there is a section on this and one of the
Jump to new posts Re: My Ritmuller is coming by Bobb54 @ 10/19/16 07:52 AM

I'm getting an upright piano with a Dampp Chaser system already installed in it. But it's installed on the backside. I have always thought that you shouldn't move a piano once it has been tuned. So how do I change the pads if it comes up?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weight of ivory keys? by BrianDX @ 10/19/16 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By huaidongxidankon, Ms.Phillips. details and history matter. have loved elephants since a close encounter in a zoo as a kid. unfortunately the poachers will always find means to find buyers, though we can hope the restrictions ca
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAME OF THIS PIECE ?!?!?! by dogperson @ 10/19/16 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By rachconcertoThere is an arrangement by Bayless which is the version played by the guy in the video but I can't find the sheet ! I'd be grateful if someone could send me the sheet John Bayless is a living composer, so his arra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I found Knabe 6'4" 1986 that I can afford!!!! by David-G @ 10/19/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By NicboThank you guys for encouragement. I'll be okay, I'll just keep looking!! I will come back when I find another prospect. Until then, adieu. Au revoir, hopefully.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For those heros who`ve attempted . . by peterws @ 10/19/16 01:36 AM

You`ve reminded me of the Moonlight, second mvt. I used to play that in an easier key which suited my head. Playing the koshe version has been more difficult, and I`d let it slide. Once more into the breech my friends . . . .
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Minuet In E Minor" by Theory Grl @ 10/18/16 10:25 PM

I love your Minuet! It's lively and fun.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the worst things you found hiding in a piano? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/18/16 09:57 PM

Plowboy, It may be hiding in my piano too but it is missing in my fingers!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op 126 #3 by hreichgott @ 10/18/16 09:17 PM

Hi Mark, Yes, I have played Op. 126 and loved it furiously since 1998 or so. Love is blind so I will allow that I might just be a little resistant to differences of interpretation I like playing this in a slow 1-beat-per-measure, easily singable in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with a non functional piano? by Retsacnal @ 10/18/16 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyAh, the old Sicilian concrete overshoes solution! You talkin' to me?
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bechstein serial number confusion
by Craig Hair
31 minutes 16 seconds ago
Which interval should one experience as dissonant?
by johan d
55 minutes 49 seconds ago
learning an instrument is good for your brain?
by David Farley
Today at 09:31 AM
Is using multiple methods at the same time a good idea?
by djat1984
Today at 03:27 AM
why the traditional metronom is built up to 208 and not 210?
by mv-piano
Today at 02:44 AM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,349 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,959 Topics
2,565,656 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission