Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keys on a 2 years old Casio PX-135 by pake10 @ 07/27/14 06:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that I don't open it based on your experiences. But if I get too annoyed for the noise, how can I access the felts? Can I just access it by opening the piano and taking the keybed apart or is it required to remove keys to see the felt
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier with Desk by bgiles @ 07/27/14 03:02 AM

Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier with Desk
Jump to new posts Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier by bgiles @ 07/27/14 03:01 AM

Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier
Jump to new posts Re: Which Would you Choose? by pwl @ 07/27/14 02:49 AM

Having no personal experience with the StagePas systems, but based on numerous reports on this forum from folks whose opinion/experience I respect, I'm confident the StagePas 400i would do a nice job. I'm also going to add a positive word for the Al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: C.Bechstein vs. Bechstein by AJF @ 07/27/14 01:25 AM

I agree with the 'why not' mostly. However it can be annoying when a thread is resurrected by someone who fails to realize they're replying to an old thread where for instance the 'facts' or circumstances have changed since (which is the case here).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pearl River UP115 versus B Steiner JS043 by turandot @ 07/27/14 12:54 AM

The Steiner is made my Samick Music. It may have been sold in the US at one time, but definitely not now. I have never seen one. India is probably the biggest market for the JS043. It is my understanding that it is a very popular piano in India becau
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing with rhythms or slow practice? by Art_Vandelay @ 07/27/14 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Opus_MaximusBoth! I also like Stephen Hough's variation, which is to play one GROUP of 4 16ths at full speed, then the next group at half tempo. It's kind of like rhythms, but on a larger scale. I used to do that all the time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hailun Owners in Austin Texas? by PianoWorksATL @ 07/26/14 11:47 PM

Hype! Hype! Just kidding. I'm happy for sparts, but this is a 4 year old thread.
Jump to new posts Re: Young-Chang by bharatbash @ 07/26/14 11:43 PM

Looks beautiful ! Congratulations
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chord Book recommendation by earlofmar @ 07/26/14 11:31 PM

This looks like a good book, especially the progressions which will be interesting. Have a look here https://www.coursera.org/course/musictheory this free course has only been going for two weeks so it would not be hard to catch up. Chords are i
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ballade Pour Adeline and River Flows in You by MandyD @ 07/26/14 10:51 PM

Wow surely you weren't a complete beginner 6 months ago? That's an amazing accomplishment if you were and you have given me (a complete beginner) something to aspire to.
Piano Forum
The seller may be doing you a favor. Have patience and keep looking. Enjoy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by Sand Tiger @ 07/26/14 10:32 PM

An interesting exchange on the controversial topic of interpretation: EH: It is the responsibility of the performer to be as faithful to the score as possible. Is it possible for great performers to surpass the vision of the composer ? Cohen: Oh, y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by hreichgott @ 07/26/14 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano DougWhy not "overbook" the way airlines and hotels do? Damon points out that all of the e-citals here have had dropouts. If you were to overbook by, say, 25%, you would end up closer to a full recital. Better
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano Has Arrived! by Annitenth @ 07/26/14 09:34 PM

I remember what the first day felt like. Glad you're enjoying it.
Piano Forum
If you are looking to get top dollar for the piano but it hasn't been tuned in some time, make the investment to get that done. You can ask the tuner their opinion of the soundness of your piano and you'll have something that sounds good for anyone
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Paul678 @ 07/26/14 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: michaelha I'm all for it if it helps more people get into the piano, even though I'm not a Lang Lang fan. One concern though is Lang Lang is a classical piano player, and classical music doesn't have much of a chance to go mai
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has any franchised their studio? by laguna_greg @ 07/26/14 06:14 PM

Lots of people do that Tommy. It's called a "school", and they do make money. I hear the profit margins are rather slim though. If you have a method that you want to present, you'll have some trouble getting other teacher you hire to pre
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: keystringThere are more problems than that. - Introduction says that a triad is "3 notes together". CFG is not a triad, CDE is not a triad. Not a good definition. - "Diatonic is a fancy word for major". W
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoDiscs and Synthesia by Mark Fontana @ 07/26/14 05:40 PM

PianoDisc should be able to play MIDI files like this, but you might need to tweak the durations of rapidly-repeated notes to make them more staccato. Quick repetition is a challenge for solenoid-based player systems, especially PianoDisc, and many
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by TrapperJohn @ 07/26/14 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Monica K.Looking forward to reading your journal, Sam! Ever since reading "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson I've had renewed respect for you thru-hikers. Hey Sam - I second both above sentiments - "A Walk
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need name of this music by Goof @ 07/26/14 05:38 PM

Michael Neiman maybe? Saw a book of his and heard my step daughter playing from it - sounded "of the type".
Here is a short excerpt: Digital Piano: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-480 Voice Used: Grand Piano (1) Song Title: The Stars & Stripes Forever - arranged by Vladimir Horowitz (and I perform it from a revised transcription) Method of Recording: Stereo a
Adult Beginners Forum
I find that after a few days away I actually do better in some ways -- hand position, scales, exercises, and some tunes though I may have to play a bit slower at first. Not sure why.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys by barabusm @ 07/26/14 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: EnGeeOriginally Posted By: barabusm What keyboard(s) would you recommend based on my requirements? Why not 2 keyboards instead of all in one? Casio LK or Yamaha EZ series + Casio PX 150 or whatever budget DP . You can connec
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (a-z0-9, 36251, A Guy, 34 invisible), 1582 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156291 Topics
2295354 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
Today at 08:11 PM
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
Today at 06:01 PM
Used piano buying choices
by BrianDX
Today at 05:55 PM
You & Your Piano
by DancerJ
Today at 05:12 PM
Fun etudes?
by chasingrainbows
Today at 04:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission