Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (Ayla, alwatson, Amusingprofessor, barbaram, 36251, 18 invisible), 1067 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway B and D "rod" by Scott E @ 04/28/16 11:37 AM

I was reading some patents and came across something that reminded me of this thread. Originally Posted By US Patent No. 127,383, dated May 28, 1872The metal frame on its upper surface is provided with lugs for the reception of a metal wedge-bar, wh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by Pablo Woiz @ 04/28/16 11:19 AM

just re-posting my post: Originally Posted By Pablo WoizHey!! I had my doubts about 3 sensors in FP-30. Then my anxiety was too high... I had to see it with my eyes. YES!! there are 3 Sensors!! Have fun! Pablo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Widmung by hreichgott @ 04/28/16 10:53 AM

Quote:About the problematic rhythm, basically I am being a little too quick to get to the sixteenth notes? Yes. Each dotted eighth should be one and a half eighth notes long.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flat Finger Technique by Miguel Rey @ 04/28/16 10:27 AM

I was told that the finger should be "flatter" with just the natural curve to relieve tension and increase speed. It works.
Piano Forum
Hi Andrew - did you ever find out the serial number? I have something similar. Thanks! Michael
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you sometimes feel like playing with a big toy? by PhilipInChina @ 04/28/16 09:48 AM

I have heard it said that the only difference between men and boys is the amount they pay for their toys. I have 2 really big toys. 1 is a 9' Bluthner. The other, bigger, one is a 12' 1,250Kg snooker table.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Upgrade Suggestions $5k budget by Kenan @ 04/28/16 09:24 AM

Since you like the pianos to be more mellow and darker I'd suggest for you to take a look at Brodmann and Pearl River, I'm currently amazed with my current piano.It also has a wonderful tone that will please you.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
😀
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: You want to sound modern & powerful ??? by mischeli @ 04/28/16 07:28 AM

Thank you for your advices and support. I think my timing is now ok here!
Piano Teachers Forum
I'd need the setting or the individual to be very obviously formal before I'd consider *not* using first names.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quick recording tests zoom h4n by chopinoholic @ 04/28/16 05:44 AM

Thanks all for your reviews! I understand what you're saying Ralph. I like the 'pure' sound of the piano. I also like somewhat more reverb in the recording also. That's why I like the mic outside the piano better. For recording I always open the li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easier piece similar to Joplin's Bethena? by TrevorM @ 04/28/16 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By Emissary52I think I've found the easiest version of Bethena that still sounds really nice, yet it's simpler than the version in Mary Sallee's "Simply Joplin" Here's the Book at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Jopl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos which have Velocuty Curves by peterws @ 04/28/16 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroI should add, if one uses VSTs the whole need for customising curves on the keyboard side of things is not needed, as software can do it to whatever level desired, even if it is more of a pain with some products th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading/playing at first sight by dogperson @ 04/27/16 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By scgrant Sight reading, as I understand it, means you play the piece correctly, at tempo, after just one or two runs through the sheet music. Sight reading means that you briefly glance at the score, and play without stoppi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help me identify this piece's name? by Eldridge @ 04/27/16 11:01 PM

It is indeed a Ground in C Minor by William Croft, previously mis-attributed to Purcell.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jean Rondeau, New Harpsichord Star by WhoDwaldi @ 04/27/16 10:29 PM

I like much of the harpsichord repertoire on piano, but some things are best left to a harpsichord virtuoso! As a change of pace, this is just riveting:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Asam Jackson plays Scarlatti by WhoDwaldi @ 04/27/16 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By WhoDwaldiDoes anybody do the trills in the LH at the beginning of the B section of K. 125? They are basically impossible (on piano), and get "overlooked." I think Vladdy is playing them, but I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading Factory Piano improvements! by fizikisto @ 04/27/16 08:41 PM

bSharp[c]yclist It's a website based tool, but it works fine on my iPad. I suspect it would work fine on an android tablet as well. It doesn't connect to a keyboard. it simply uses a computer algorithm to generate sheet music at the click
Jump to new posts Re: A 435 tuning fork needed. by Bosendorff @ 04/27/16 08:36 PM

Or use your smartphone to go to http://onlinetonegenerator.com/
Piano Teachers Forum
Why not advice to get a digital in that article?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GB1 broken strings by rysowers @ 04/27/16 07:09 PM

In general, Yamaha will not cover broken strings. Your friends piano probably has hammers that are flattened out and hard from all the use. Playing loud with the pedal on also fatigues the strings. The combination does eventually lead to string break
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video course or book? by Starvalley @ 04/27/16 06:19 PM

Thanks for some good replies!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Standard keyboard (kneehole) and pedal heights? by Withindale @ 04/27/16 05:44 PM

Many thanks for your measurements. 60-64 cm seems to be the range for grands and 62-70 cm for uprights. I'm guessing that 5-6 cm is the normal pedal height above the floor. I've only seen kneeroom figures in Steingraeber's brochures: - All grands:
Jump to new posts Re: Tooled up for TuneLab by RonTuner @ 04/27/16 05:18 PM

The laptop mic is fine for Tunelab for reasons that prout listed... and saves all the trouble of dealing with mic and wires and pre-amps and such! Ron Koval
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
that first link didn't work for me. Is there another place to watch this? I don't find the summertime vid very good at all. I'd like to see Mozart for sure...
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice.
by happyhacker
05/03/16 04:45 AM
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
05/03/16 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
05/03/16 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
05/02/16 10:25 PM
Kawai Piano Models History
by McBuster
05/02/16 08:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,363 Topics
2,520,744 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission