Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (Anita Potter, Agfinguy, armani, ando, Allochi, 28 invisible), 1352 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway's New Digital Piano - Kind Of by OneWatt @ 04/14/15 05:58 PM

Perhaps the marketing folks figured... hey, if you play it with your fingers, it's digital.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway in Wired by patH @ 04/14/15 05:43 PM

One comment caught my attention: The article was published on April 1st. Did Steinway confirm it?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Ripples in the Harbor" by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 04/14/15 04:33 PM

Beautiful! A treat for the ear. This works on all levels, from the composition itself, to the sensitive performance, the superb piano and excellent recording set up.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 Velocity Curve for Yamaha GHS Action? by sandalholme @ 04/14/15 03:03 PM

Re freezing the curve, as far as I remember, you save it as an individual curve and then load it into a piano, then save the piano preset. So, I have an ES7 velocity curve and whenI was loading new (to me) pianos, e.g. Walter etc, I just loaded the
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoman9 In regards to asking him back, "What do you think?", I would say you don't have to be a professional musician to know when someone is improving. In this regard, I think it might suit me to have the student st
Pianist Corner
Very much enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Functional Aesthetic of piano-sound on Chopin by pianoloverus @ 04/14/15 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By pianoloverusAlthough I liked the sound of the Pleyel Well, at least you're starting to hear it, then. This recording of a computer designed Pleyel is completely different from the other recent rec
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Other recent piece: Gnarling Around by indigo_dave @ 04/14/15 10:16 AM

I called this one Gnarling Around because of the contracting motion of the opening melody. The sections of repeated chords at 1m6s and 2m26s are intended as stretches for improvisation. Possibly for percussion instruments. https://soundcloud.com/
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Recent composition - "Loafing Around" by indigo_dave @ 04/14/15 10:13 AM

I just noticed this subforum and thought I'd try posting a couple of recent compositions. I wrote "Loafing Around" as an attempt to create something catchy and simple. It was conceived with percussion in mind. I plan to record it on my Tasc
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano H2 - replaced keybed by Bluesman @ 04/14/15 09:10 AM

PhJ.- soon I will post some mp3... ElmerJFudd - Mine is physis h2 with an action versatile for APs and Eps sounds, but there is a physis h1 with wood tp40 graded hammer. It's heavier but with an action aimed for acoustic piano playing. I don't own
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: What's your typing speed? by Johnoldman @ 04/14/15 08:36 AM

77 wpm by http://www.ratatype.com/typing-test/
Adult Beginners Forum
I think starting with AM Bach isn't a bad idea if you are looking to start your foundation for Bach. Since you can play some pretty advanced music already, you will probably go through them quickly. As others have suggested, the WTC is a good choic
Jump to new posts Re: Avant Grand Twangy Sample? by TonyB @ 04/14/15 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By PianoBoennaOriginally Posted By spanishbuddhaOriginally Posted By pv88It's time to trade the AG in for something else as things aren't going to get any better the more you play it. Looks like other AG owners (above) have already
Adult Beginners Forum
Pomp and Circumstance is finally getting to an acceptable level, but I'm still trying to get it more polished. I'm quite happy though, the song left me so frustrated when I started it, and now it's kind of okay. Still hoping Swinging Sevenths will be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW PIANO arrives in Berkeley.. on video!! by shirlkirsten @ 04/14/15 05:23 AM

https://youtu.be/EXRz0rvOmTI This is where Baldwin really shines.. I am so ecstatic with this piano
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/-RanwFveLT8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet Davis Updates by Dale Fox @ 04/14/15 02:02 AM

Tell us how you REALLY feel about it, Jim!
Jump to new posts Re: Musikmesse 2015 is really looked for.. by maurus @ 04/14/15 01:26 AM

That's their usual way of describing a Fatar TP40 action, calibrated by Clavia. The same as before.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin - AA - 2007 vs 2015 by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/14/15 01:16 AM

I have done it. No one has noticed me or what and how I did it. Done in the correct location, it causes no problems and is almost impossible to see unless you really know how to look for it.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts better spelling than the last post by phantomFive @ 04/14/15 12:08 AM

Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts etude for batahun by phantomFive @ 04/14/15 12:00 AM

A new etude.
Piano Teachers Forum
Giancarlo, try to supplement the principal practice hours on your Privia with at least an hour a week on a decent acoustic instrument, preferably a grand piano. Maybe at a local church. But you'll be ok. Regarding your second query, why not simply a
Originally Posted By Charles CohenJust read specs on WK-6600. Touch-sensitive, synth-action keys, not "hammer" or "weighted" action. Different sound generator for piano, probably worse than PX-x50 series.= Yes, that's my concer
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Michael Sayers Music really isn't very important. Boy, this is just flat out wrong. There should be more music and less of everything else.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I GOT YOUR CRAZY RIGHT HERE by Ralph @ 04/13/15 09:47 PM

What just happened?
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What piano keyboard controller is this?
by toddy
Today at 05:53 AM
Chickering Brothers Founder worked at Chickering and Sons?
by pianoman9
Today at 01:11 AM
Stress caused by bitter rivalry led to premature deaths
by newport
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring?
by Eric Gloo
Yesterday at 07:23 PM
Switching to an IPad
by jjo
Yesterday at 05:26 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,348 Topics
2,397,473 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission