Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
105 registered (AndyJoe, anamnesis, angga888, 36251, accordeur, AnimistFvR, 28 invisible), 1403 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#1000537 - 09/01/08 08:19 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay area
01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor[/b]
That is a nice choice of music and very beautifully played. The tempo and evenness of the touch gave it the perfect mood. You're improving a lot!

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto[/b]
Hehe, I recognize your piece! \:\) An all-time favorite and you did it great justice. I heard no slips and not only was there nothing bad, it's beautiful - you are too hard on yourself. I like the Truepiano sound.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche[/b]
This piece does remind me of clouds floating by in the beginning and then it gets more intense and dramatic, which I like very much. May be that's the "woman" part! \:\) Nicely done, Monica. The playing has your signature in it.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark[/b]
I don't know the original song on which you based your improv, so I simply listened to your playing as your creative expression. It conveyed some melancholy moods as well as some very tender moments. I think you are ready to take your improv show to the road!

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13[/b]
Always a delight to listen to your impeccable performances.

06. Laura D - Tarantella[/b]
Very spirited performance and some flying fingers! Bravo! Although there are some mistakes, I actually have to thank you for leaving them in. I am always too obsessive about making no mistakes in my recording. It's a great lesson for me to hear that others aren't afraid to simply keep playing. Somehow the hiccups didn't detract from your performance.

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations[/b]
Hunky, I think you found an excellent title to your composition. YOu also used the term musical journey in your write-up. I really feel that's what you have done - taken us on a journey of your inner creative mind. There are some beautiful landscapes in there. Look forward to more of your compostions.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford[/b]
A very beautiful melody, nicely renditioned. Very enjoyable.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)[/b]
A solid performance of a famous piece!

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers )[/b]
Just can't get over how beautifully you play with only 6 months under your belt! Wonderfully expressive.

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3[/b]
Short and sweet. I enjoyed the haunting melody and your delicate treatment.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World[/b]
Wow Peyton, you paint, you write lyrics and you compose! (And you telemark ski too!) As though the music wasn't emotional and dramatic enough, the lyrics are so poetic and romantic.

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin[/b]
I enjoyed your performance very much.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme[/b]
Bill, I love it, love it, LOVE it. I had a smile on my face the whole time while watching your video. You are a born entertainer - great to have you around!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1000538 - 09/01/08 09:32 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II[/b]
You always treat us to such well-performed technically difficult pieces. Thanks for hanging around the "beginners" forum! \:\)

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor[/b]
I like Schubert's compostions very much, and you gave us a delightful performace of this number.

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor[/b]
Thanks for introducing us to lesser known composers, and I always appreciate your informative write-ups. This is a very nice piece, and you played it so well.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour[/b]
I can't get enough of this piece. It's sooo romantic. Glad your teacher made you do it! You played it with just the right amount of "edge"! ;\)

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)[/b]
Excellent! I enjoyed it.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag[/b]
I never heard this Billy Joel number before. Wow, I don't think your fingers are rusty at all! Love it! Delightful and marvellous!

21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet[/b]
Love this piece, and you played it beautifully.

22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll[/b]
I was listening to this for a while before I read the description and title of the piece. I thought it was a Bach! Well played!

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2[/b]
Nice solid performance.

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35[/b]
Yes you do "own" this piece. There is an ease underlying your playing which makes the performance very enjoyable.

25. mlr1899 - Sensation[/b]
Very enjoyable rag! Thanks for playing for us.

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major[/b]
Fantastic for 5 months of playing!

27. rocky - Evacuee[/b]
I enjoyed your playing!

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road[/b]
Very nice rendition of the song. I hear a lot of progress! And some bit of fancy editing at the beginning and ending of the video!

#1000539 - 09/02/08 07:58 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
2 -Mati -[/b] Played beautifully with great dynamics and emotion.

51 - GregF - [/b] Very nice. I'm not familiar with this piece but really enjoyed your performance.

64 - Ozor Mox - [/b] Wow! You can really play! Very impressive.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#1000540 - 09/02/08 11:48 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I’m glad I’m not the only one still working their way through the recital pieces... here’s my next batch of comments:

41 – Fillanzea, 42 – RobM, and 43 – Tekkie:[/b] All first-time Red Dot inductees; reviewed earlier on p. 1 in this thread.

44 – PianoNoob (Yang):[/b] Wow! I can’t get over all those fast arpeggios and runs. I am in awe of your technical skills. The piece sounds classical but I’m not familiar with that composer.

45– Joangolfing:[/b] OMG... I absolutely love[/b] this arrangement. It’s very much like George Winston in style. In fact, I was out there googling “Jeanne Cotter” before I had finished listening to your recording. Are the rest of the pieces in the sheet music collection as pretty? Are they very hard? [Falls off sheet music wagon once again...]

46– Paul Cast:[/b] Very nicely played! Your playing sounds smooth to ME; we are always our own worst critics. You are able to express well the jaunty nature of the melody.

47– mahlzeit:[/b] I always enjoy your compositions, even when you are just “playing around.” This was a delightful stretch of slightly melancholy noodling. I see a dark hotel lobby, with a single spotlight on the pianist, and a woman sitting in an overstuffed chair, holding a gin and tonic and thinking about the man who just broke her heart.

48– Seaside Lee:[/b] Lee, the only thing deeper than my distaste for the BeeGees is my respect for you as a pianist, which is the only thing that could induce me to click on a “download” button next to [shudder!] the BeeGees. \:D And my trust in your playing skills was not misplaced, as you managed to make even a torturous song like “How deep is my love” sound beautiful. (Getting rid of the falsetto vocals and disco beat helped enormously in that regard. :p )

49– TX-Dennis:[/b] What a wonderful Cole Porter song, played in a beautiful jazzy arrangement. I don’t know what parts were yours vs. the sheet music, but it all blended smoothly and delightfully.

50– Piano*Dad:[/b] I’m glad to see you in the recital again, P*D, even if I AM jealous that you recorded such a smooth and blooper-free recording in a single take. \:D The Grotrian sounds great, and your dynamics especially were impressive.

#1000541 - 09/02/08 12:38 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
Thanks for all your comments on my performance, I am very glad you liked it. Playing for you is such a pleasure, and such a kick to get better and better.

I was hoping to write each of you a PM, but after going through this thread I completely lost track how many responses I've got to my piece! \:\) So I'm writing there:

THANK YOU!

Mateusz
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

#1000542 - 09/02/08 12:59 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
I just want to give an extra thanks to all those that offered comments on the work here and especially those that did everyone's pieces. THAT is a tough though enjoyable job and cheers to all that took the time (appologies in advance if I missed anyone);

TX-Dennis
Monica
Hisalone
JohnFrank
epf
Irish Mak
Sandy
Manndrew
B528nf7
opus 45
eighty8
jotur
Gerg
rustyfingerts
joangolfing
super hunky
ddh
seaside lee
mmmmbalf
riddler
mistaya
piano dad
keynotes
mati
ozormox
greg f
rossana

To all those that commented on my song... many thanks. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that if for not the PW recital I would have no outlet for the work I do so it is very rewarding to get this feedback.

Cheers-

Peyton

#1000543 - 09/02/08 08:29 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun"[/b]
Nice arrangement!

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo[/b]
I don't know what your secret is, but your playing is always magical and beautiful. What a treat to hear you play!

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6[/b]
You played this fairly simple tune in a very muscial way. I enjoyed it very much.

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song[/b]
YOu gave the piece a very nice noctunal mood indeed. Well done!

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi[/b]
For being self taught and still on Alfred one, you did a marvellous job playing this piece. I would have thought you'd more experience from the sound of the performance.

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2)[/b]
FFX music does create fans easily. This is another very nice piece of music from the collection. I really like the way you make it sing, and the dynamics and expression you put into it.

35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag[/b]
Cathy, I can always expect from you a tune with a good beat to make my head bob and my foot tap. This is no exception. I am not sure why you aren't happy with it. I surely enjoyed it. OK, so I suppose if you had lunch, the tempo would be faster - and my head would bob faster too! ;\)

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home[/b]
Wow, this is a really pretty tune. I am impressed that you managed to figure it out from watching YouTube videos. *Very* nicely played.

37. epf - Music of the Night[/b]
I love this piece (and many other Webber compositions). You played this very nicely with a somewhat mellow and subdued mood, with some places being more dramatic. I was kind of hoping for even more intensity and more ff may be in the middle or towards the end. I guess I somehow associate the song with great drama! \:\)

38. Copper - Stardust[/b]
I am amazed so many "greats" have performed this song. Now you are joining their ranks! ;\) Nicely played!

39. Pevawi / Peter - Für Elise[/b]
Nice performance. I like the tempo that you played it at - slower than most, but I found myself preferring this tempo a lot.

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2[/b]
Greg, you are too modest. Your playing is always so beautiful and musical.

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz[/b]
Nice spirited performance. Good job. I think at times when your RH was playing 1/8th notes, somehow the 3/4 timing got lost a little bit. Maybe slow it down a bit, so we can enjoy the nice Waltzy feeling throughout.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne[/b]
I was about to continue listening at a later time, but saw that you're playing an FFX piece. Well, got to listen to it before I sign off! They are such gorgeous pieces, and you played this one very nicely. Your "pasty" lunch is very British indeed!

#1000544 - 09/02/08 08:33 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Another thought for Mahlzeit's program. However about an additional field for the numbers of recital you've participated in in the past? Well, if someone can phrase it more concisely, that will be much better, but you get the idea. I am sure it'll only take 3 minutes for Mahlzeit to put it in if we want that field.

#1000545 - 09/03/08 12:41 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
mahlzeit Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Netherlands
I don't know, Rosanna. Sure, we could add new fields for all kinds of interesting statistics, but it shouldn't take an hour to fill out the form. \:D But I'm interested in hearing what others think of the feature you are proposing. \:\)

#1000546 - 09/03/08 12:43 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

I'm more worried about the magic code bug, mahlzeit... did you ever figure out what was going on there?

#1000547 - 09/03/08 01:02 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Piano*Dad Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
You know, there is a difference between a

magic .... code bug, and a

magic code .... bug.

You can guess which way I read it first. :p
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1000548 - 09/03/08 04:36 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
mahlzeit Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Netherlands
Hmm, magic code bug? Yes, I seem to faintly recall there was a problem with that... \:D Haven't looked at it yet, actually. I'm waiting until Oct 31st to fix that, ha ha. \:\)

#1000549 - 09/05/08 09:06 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Manndrew Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air

I loved your version of O Danny Boy, especially the left hand harmonies. It should be played like this, simply and gently. Wonderful touch.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante

I definitely prefer the Andante to the 1st and 3rd movements. A bit rushed, but you basically kept good rhythm. Dynamically, this was quite good. The shadings were nice.

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit
Chien/Minute Waltz)

I agree with others that if you slowed down just a bit you'd be playing the piece much more smoothly and in control. I make the same mistake and start "squishing" notes together. Most of the runs are pretty even though. Good job.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5

This was very good for only a year back as an adult. You really have a nice flair for this kind of music. Technically you did an excellent job. Great shading and dynamic range.

66. EJR - Everyday

This song is awesome. You played it very evenly, keeping that driving motion moving forward. Nice subtle changes in dynamics with the introduction of the second theme. You know, this piece could really be used as an etude to strengthen the left hand independence.

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2

Wonderful rubato, excellent on the embellishments. The only suggestion I would have is to ease up a bit on the dynamics of the left hand chords in some places.

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene

You have a very nice touch. I especially like the way you handle the thirds in the right hand. A fine interpretation. Nice changes in dynamics as well.

69. karaeloko - Träumerei

A perfect piece to end the recital. Played smoothly and allowing each note to sing out. Very soothing and peaceful.

#1000550 - 09/05/08 07:06 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

43. tekkie - Opus #18[/b]
Never heard this piece, but it's so soothing. Thanks for playing that.

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody[/b]
Yang, you've come a long way!

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy[/b]
This is a very interesting arrangement - I surely wouldn't have guessed that it's a Beethoven. Good performance.

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace[/b]
Very solid playing. I think you played it very smoothly!

47. mahlzeit - Diminished[/b]
Dang, I got to learn those dim chords myself! Such a pretty tune.

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love[/b]
Glad I am not Monica. I like the BeeGees a lot! I really got to learn from how varied your playing is, and how seamlessly you move from one mood/style to another.

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night[/b]
Very enjoyable!

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin[/b]
I don't think I have heard you play before. Very nice! You and your son are both equally talented! \:\)

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3[/b]
Very solid performance.

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4[/b]
This is such a pretty piece. I really love the expression and musicality in your playing. Very pretty!

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn[/b]
Sandy, this was played very expressively. I really love it. This can be your new screenname: ICPUTRD: "I can play under the red dot".

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso[/b]
Someday, may be my brain and my hands can manage all the things you do! (Mostly my brain needs to catch up!)

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa[/b]
Another excellent pianist among ABF-ers. Thanks for the performance.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)[/b]
Jeff, very beautiful! I like both your selection of this piece as well as how you played it.

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival[/b]
Quite an interesting composition. Best of luck to your brother and sister!

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude[/b]
Very nice job Kawai. Every bit as enjoyable as the unabridged version!

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano[/b]
This recital has been full of beautiful performances and very nice choice of music. I am running out of words. So again, I say, great performance, I really enjoyed it! I can see why you would want to learn this piece.

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air[/b]
A nice classic that I am never tired of listening to. Nicely done.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante[/b]
As always, perfectly played! So this is an easy piece for you, eh? That's about my level!

63. Manndrew - Crazy[/b]
Enjoyed your playing very much!

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz)[/b]
This can be quite a challenging piece to play. Bravo for presenting it to us!

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5[/b]
I like the fun spirit of this piece. Thanks for playing for us.

66. EJR - Everyday[/b]
This is such a unique piece. Very hynotic!

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2[/b]
Very nice played. Chopin couldn't have done it better if he had a sprained finger!

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene[/b]
Very nice choice of music. Nice playing.

69. karaeloko - Träumerei[/b]
You wrap up the recital with a great performance!

#1000551 - 09/05/08 09:05 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Thanks everyone I have just completed all of my thoughts as I've finally listened to everyone

A special thanks to everyone that took the time to listen and comment on mine.

To the talent of the ABF I raise my glass of G&T

Yikes its 2-00AM! I'm off to bed

Ga'nite everyone

Lee

#1000552 - 09/09/08 11:39 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

51– GregF[/b]: I like the Bergmuller piece much better than Czerny and Hanon. It did sound like quite a workout for the hands. The recording quality on the iPod was also very impressive.

52– Mistaya[/b]: I don’t mind hearing a piece as pretty as this one multiple times. You play this beautifully and delicately, especially the trills.

53– IPIBAHN[/b]: A lovely, sad piece, played with emotion. I wish it had been longer.

54– DeepElem[/b]: Morricone is one of my favorite film composers. Like Sandy’s piece, I wish this had been longer, too. [psst to both of you.... you can always just repeat the whole thing! \:D ]

55– Greywulf[/b]: I’m not too familiar with Nevin’s work, but this has a nice romantic air. I can easily imagine sitting back in some gondola while this was playing. (I’m having a harder time imagining the *piano* itself in the gondola, though. ;\) )

56– Opus45[/b]: Well, I wish *my* works in progress sounded as polished as this one does! Seriously, this flowed very well without the hesitations I was expecting to hear from your description. I really liked the coda.

57– Polostrings[/b]: This was really cool! Different in a jaunty, jazzy way... the pattern in the bass does a great job of communicating the eagerness your siblings are feeling with the inability to rush the process up any.

58– Kawai, Hi[/b]: This arrangement sure sounds pretty complex to me for a “simplified” arrangement! It captures a lot of the emotion of the original piece. Nice job.

59– Mike White[/b]: You are so good at making technically demanding pieces sound easy. This one flows along smoothly despite what sounds like a lot of killer chords and chord progressions.

60– Rosanna[/b]: Wonderful “by ear” arrangement! Much too delicate and pretty to be a soap opera theme, though. ;\)

#1000553 - 09/09/08 11:59 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

61– ddh[/b]: Not bad at all for a “plan C”! \:D This is always a stirring song to listen to, and your version is no exception.

62– Yuri[/b]: I like that term, “rubatized Mozart.” \:D Even though forewarned about the tempo changes, I had a hard time detecting them in your recording, so I suspect you are (once again) being very hard on yourself.

63– Manndrew[/b]: I like Willie Nelson songs MUCH better this way (= a smooth, jazzy piano bar-type arrangement) than how he sings them. Quite enjoyable.

64– Ozor Mox[/b]: There’s no way I could play anything that fast, so I’m afraid I don’t have any hints for you. I thought it sounded great, and what a great idea to get a recording session as a present! I’d love to hear all the details on what was involved if you want to start a thread on it sometime.

65– Hisalone[/b]: I’ve always liked this Hungarian dance. This one sounds like it has a fair amount of intricate and demanding finger work involved.

66– EJR[/b]: Reviewed on p. 1

67– Ovaltine[/b]: Another “plan C” piece that sounds like a “Plan A”. \:D It sure doesn’t sound like you’re playing with a sprained finger, especially on all those fast runs and trills.

68– Signal[/b]: I’m always glad to hear a new age piece on the recital. This is one of Lanz’s prettiest melodies, and you do a great job with it.

69– karaeloko[/b]: reviewed on p. 1

Okay, that’s it! My apologies to the performers who had to wait many weeks for feedback.

I keep thinking there’s *no way* the recital can keep getting better, but every time I’m proved wrong. The only thing I would change would be to add a few more pieces from some of our early beginners, hint hint to all you out there. ;\)

#1000554 - 09/09/08 02:22 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Umm, sorry- glitch in posting. Will try again.

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1000555 - 09/09/08 03:20 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Much better! \:D

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3[/b] Very pretty piece and nicely played.

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4[/b] Nice job. Good work on the dynamics.

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn[/b] I was not familiar with this before hearing you play it, but I like it a lot. Very nice piece and a nice tribute to you beloved dog.

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso[/b] Very nice, even if too short. I wanted to hear more!

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa[/b] Very nice. I enjoyed listening to you play this. It seems a good dramatic piece- just the thing to impress!

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)[/b] Nice. It's great that you are challenging yourself with pieces like this, and you are certainly up to it!

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival[/b] Oh, how pretty! I admire those who can not only play so well, but compose, too.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude[/b] Simplified it may be, but still lovely. The only thing I would say is that the melody could have been a bit more prominent in a few places.

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano[/b] Another piece I did not know, but certainly enjoyed. And you always play so very well!

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan[/b] Neat piece. You bring out the Oriental flavor very well.

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air[/b] Being of Irish descent, I have always loved this song. Your take on it is lovely.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante[/b] I enjoyed this, as I always enjoy your recital pieces. Nice job.

63. Manndrew - Crazy[/b] I have always liked this song. Your rendition was fun to listen to.

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz)[/b] I can offer no advice, because my version would very likely have been the Five Minute Waltz! I enjoyed it and thought you played well.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5 The Hungarian Dances are always fun to listen to, and yours is no exception. I'm sure you enjoyed playing it as well.

66. EJR - Everyday[/b] (to do) Nicely played. Very enjoyable.

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2[/b] Lovely job on a lovely piece. Well done.

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene[/b] Very nicely played version of one of my favorite Lanz pieces. Peaceful and serene, like leaves floating on a river.

69. karaeloko - Träumerei[/b] A very pretty piece and played with great feeling. Bravo.

My sincerest apologies to those in this last group. Many things (which I will not bore you with as they were quite mundane and not at all exciting) conspired to eat up my time. But I did want to get this posted, as I have listened to and enjoyed each piece.
And as always, a huge round of applause to everyone involved in these recitals. Fabulous job! Bravo!

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1000556 - 09/11/08 08:46 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Manndrew Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to listen to and comment on my playing of Crazy. I really look forward to these recitals and am amazed at the wonderful range of pieces that everyone submits. We all share something special that helps carry us through the day. In spite of how the Red Sox may be doing. Can't wait for November. Thanks again everybody.

Andy

#1000557 - 09/17/08 09:45 AM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Casyopea Offline

Loc: Spain
I also want to thank you ALL for your comments on my piece, I am happy \:\) It has been a great motivator for me and I hope to join future recitals because it's so much fun!

All the best to you!

#1000558 - 09/18/08 04:35 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
ddh Offline

Loc: Abitibi
Third and last set of comments; forgive the delay, got distracted by work; come November, I will be retired and have no such excuse ;\)

Onward:

47. mahlzeit - Diminished[/b] So smoooooooooth; thanks.

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love[/b] Very pianobaresque, Lee, done with great ease; You bring me back to the 70s; thanks.

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night[/b] I enjoyed this arrangement quite a bit; well executed; thanks.

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin[/b] Very well expressed; dreamy and soft; thank you for the lesson. (This one is on my "to do" list)

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3[/b] Very enjoyable; thanks.

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4[/b] This is such beautiful music; one never tires of it; you play with a light and expressive touch, changing moods and all; another for my "to do" list; thank You.

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn[/b] I offer some belated sympathy for the passing of Your friend and congratulations for Your rendering of this piece; well done; thank You.

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso[/b] Yet another quite evocative piece; it is short though ;\) ; thanks for sharing.

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa[/b] These Spanish sounding classical pieces are becoming my favorite music; thank You for so eloquently introducing me to yet another composer; cheers.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)[/b] Beautifully played melodies (In both hands); thank You.

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival[/b] Bravo Polostrings! very evocative composition; liked it much; thank You for sharing.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude[/b] This is one of my all-time, all-star favorite pieces (definitely on the "I MUST learn it someday list); in this "easier" version, You retain all that makes this piece so great; congratulations on Your effort and courage; well done indeed; thanks.

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano[/b] Ponce (like Albeniz, Granados, Mompou...) has a Spanish bounce to his music that comes through very clearly in Your interpretation; love it; great job; thanks.

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan[/b] You may be right about the dramatic mood missing a bit but the interpretation is nonetheless exquisite with a lovely chinese "ambience" and melody; great stuff; thank You.

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air[/b] Moi: Well, I guess it can only go upwards \:D

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante[/b] Granted, it's an easy piece, the recording is iffy, and rubatization distracts us \:D . Still, if I can offer such a well controlled and melodious performance in five years, I will have progressed beyond expectations. Thank You for the lesson and the humor.

63. Manndrew - Crazy[/b] I admire Your creativity and enjoyed this piece tremendously; thank You for sharing.

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz)[/b] Tremendous effort on an unplayable piece; enjoyed it much; thanks.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5[/b] Well, You did succeed in making me tap my feet and sway on my chair; if there had been a fair lady at hand, I most assuredly would have danced; well done; thank You.

66. EJR - Everyday[/b] When I ear this, I think of driving through an industrial district; it evokes scenes of moroseness and despair; don't You just love it; great job; thank You.

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2[/b] By all means, keep the strained finger if it means I will hear more such lovely melodies from You. Excellent interpretation indeed; thank You.

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene[/b] Finely crafted and chiseled piece where nuances and rhythms tell the story; I love stories. Thank You for sharing.

69. karaeloko - Tr‰umerei[/b] What an auspicious conclusion to the recital; You lull us gently with this lovely piece; Thank You.

That's it for comments.

Let me finish by thanking all who took the time to listen and comment on my feeble effort; it will be better next time; I am grateful for the support You so generously distribute in this thread; it fuels my resolve to improve. Thanks again to all of You.

#1000559 - 09/26/08 01:11 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Ozor Mox Offline

Loc: Hampshire, England
Sorry I know this is obscenely late, I still hope they count for something! The rest will come very soon.

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2[/b]
I think you captured the feel of this piece really well, I really enjoyed your performance.

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35[/b]
Your playing is very beautiful. You play slowly and delicately and with a control I can only dream of!

25. mlr1899 - Sensation[/b]
Great, a flawless rendition of the piece!

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major[/b]
Very nice and even playing.

27. rocky - Evacuee[/b]
Very relaxing and chilled. It sounded like there was a lot of pedal, maybe that was just me. I liked it.

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road[/b]
I remember learning this a long time ago, and I am certain I could never play it this well! Nice.

29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun"[/b]
Your piece would not play for me \:\(

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo[/b]
I find that Einaudi pieces seem simple in theory, but actually require a massive amount of control to play well. You demonstrated exactly how to play an Einaudi piece I think!

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6[/b]
Great, I liked the piece and your playing.

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song[/b]
I thought you had really controlled dynamics and tempo and I enjoyed the piece.

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi[/b]
Another great Einaudi performance, what more can I say?

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2)[/b]
What a beautiful piece, and you really brought it to life with your performance.

35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag[/b]
Smooth and even playing, good work.

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home[/b]
Very nice playing and I liked the piece.

37. epf - Music of the Night[/b]
Good work, very relaxing to listen to!

38. Copper - Stardust[/b]
I liked your playing a lot.

39. Pevawi / Peter - Für Elise[/b]
Good to hear the whole thing and not just the bit everyone recognises! You played at a nice slow and steady pace.

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2[/b]
Excellent playing! It's always nice to hear Chopin I haven't heard before, especially when it's played like this!

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz[/b]
Short and sweet, I liked it.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne[/b]
Lovely piece and fantastic playing, no faults to be seen!

#1000560 - 11/07/08 06:22 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Ozor Mox Offline

Yeah I know! But I just found the rest of my replies on my computer and thought it was a waste not to post them \:\(

43. tekkie - Opus #18[/b]
What a pretty piece, and great playing brought it to life!

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody[/b]
Your name is so incorrect! That was great, I particularly liked the fast runs.

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy[/b]
I'd not heard this before, I liked your performance.

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace[/b]
Solid performance. I liked the variation, I kept thinking a new piece had started!

47. mahlzeit - Diminished[/b]
It sounded very bluesy. Is this your own composition? Good work and great playing!

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love[/b]
Your playing is just sublime, so relaxing and mellow to listen to. You would be so good playing at a jazz bar or something.

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night[/b]
Great! Again, very relaxing, chilled out, so nice to listen to.

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin[/b]
I don't know what was going on but the recording kept slowing down and speeding up. I couldn't find it on your YouTube page either \:\(

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3[/b]
Some very nice playing there.

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4[/b]
I hadn't heard it many times, and I really enjoyed your playing.

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn[/b]
Nice emotional playing there, good work!

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso[/b]
Great playing and some really nice dynamics in this piece.

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa[/b]
Some really incredible moments to this piece, really enjoyed it overall.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)[/b]
Nice piece and great playing!

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival[/b]
Good work, very solid playing.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude[/b]
Love this piece! Great performance of it!

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano[/b]
Lovely clear and strong playing. Really enjoyed it!

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan[/b]
Nice style to this piece and you played it very well.

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air[/b]
Good performance of a classic.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante[/b]
Wonderful playing. I'm not normally a huge fan of Mozart but this was really nice.

63. Manndrew - Crazy[/b]
Just amazing! Another performance that awakens me to different kinds of music.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5[/b]
Nice performance, it sounded like quite a challenge!

66. EJR - Everyday[/b]
Gorgeous piece! Your playing really did it justice too, very even and emotional.

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2[/b]
Great playing. I've wanted to learn this for a while now, this shows me that I really should make the effort!

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene[/b]
Lovely piece of music and great playing, thanks for this!

69. karaeloko - Träumerei[/b]
Wow I might have to give this one a go myself, you really made it sound great with your deep playing.

#1000561 - 11/07/08 06:48 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Piano*Dad Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Well, better late than never! \:D

I have no explanation for why my recording would wobble in speed. I trust it wasn't my playing that wobbled!

I really don't have a YouTube page, actually. That's for Piano*Son. His stuff is posted there.

I tend to shy away from public performance. The only known video of me was taken by Improviso at a recent piano party in Richmond. He made a video of my playing of the first movement of the Mozart sonata in C minor (K. 457). That piece actually was my first submission to a recital here a few recitals ago. You can see the video on his YouTube page at

Mozart Sonata

He didn't start the recording until I had finished the first page of the piece, so the whole thing isn't there.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1000562 - 11/07/08 07:18 PM Re: Recital 11 -- General Discussion Room
Ozor Mox Offline

Quote:
I have no explanation for why my recording would wobble in speed. I trust it wasn't my playing that wobbled!
Hah, no it wasn't your playing. It sounds like a warped record in a record player getting faster and slower, but also accompanied with crackling. I will download the MP3 separately and see if that works, and update my comment.

And that is some great playing in the YouTube video! With all those people around, I'd have been all over the place!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it really possible to ignore fingerings?
by bjorn of brekkukot
11/26/14 08:29 PM
Recording equipment advice
by aceydawg
11/26/14 07:48 PM
Whip those springs into shape
by A454.7
11/26/14 06:29 PM
New Yamaha CLP-545 or used CLP-270/280 ???
by Panpiano
11/26/14 06:28 PM
Wanted to say hi
by patty5sewing
11/26/14 05:43 PM
Forum Stats
77063 Members
42 Forums
159383 Topics
2341266 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission