Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1003590 - 04/22/08 05:18 PM young artists
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1003591 - 04/24/08 03:53 PM Re: young artists
artsobsessed Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks, apple*, for posting this in here. I was just getting ready to type up something, but this saves me the trouble. If anybody else has an interest in this idea, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks and God bless.

#1003592 - 04/24/08 05:40 PM Re: young artists
gmm1 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Spokane WA
Hmmm...

Two thoughts come to mind.

There are 33 seperate forums at PW now. I only visit ABF and sometimes the Teacher's Forum. Much rarer visits to the other forums (generally just to read a thread that caught my eye or someone recommended, but not post - life's too short). So adding more is not an issue with me, as long as the two I use "stay above the fold".

I am concerned if a "special" forum existed for our younger members that an unintentional split would develop in that I may never post there as I am not young, and the input of some of my favorite posters may be gone, as they would hang out in their own area and may not feel welcome here.

The ABF is a nice place where we talk about anything/everything from time to time. I'm guessing we have more OT threads then the rest of the forums combined. That's in part because we are a diversified group (it's clear what the focus is on the others), and in part because we, as a group, value each and every member. I would hate to lose that.

So, mixed feelings. I will be happy with whatever is decided by Frank.

Know you are very welcome here, artsobsessed.

#1003593 - 04/24/08 05:52 PM Re: young artists
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
I don't see a problem with a forum for youngsters. If they are also beginners, then they would probably still use this forum too. But really, most of us here are adults, and many of us are seniors. For a teenager, we just don't speak the same language.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1003594 - 04/24/08 06:05 PM Re: young artists
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
So, what is the language of teens? I will turn 20 in December, but I can't see we speak different languages. I wonder whether I am different, or other teens are \:D

Don't get me wrong - of course I have nothing against separate forum for teenagers. Another thing is I don't really see a purpose. From my point of view:

1) For teenagers being accomplished pianists, or at least quite proficient, the main Pianist forum is the best choice. Why? Because of skilled helpful members to whom they may talk about higher level of playing dillemas than ours.

2) For teenagers being beginners, ABF may be a great place, because for beginners I don't think the age is the bareer. Same problems are to be overcome, same methods should be used, same questions arise. I would be afraid of split to the forum, just as mentioned above. Should I, as a model example, post only on ABF? Only on teenagers forum? Or on both? To get the most of it, I would have to post the same question in both places, because I highly appreciate input from all of you.

Maybe some informal teenagers forum would be a better idea? Not strictly related to beginning piano, or playing piano in advanced league, but just for teens discussion which would not easily benefit from being held here - leaving things we could all help with in one place.

Just my few cents, not of great importance really \:\)

Mateusz
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

#1003595 - 04/24/08 11:54 PM Re: young artists
artsobsessed Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you all for your comments, I definitely see where you are all coming from. Since I've been a member of other forums in the past, I do realize that it could cause a split -and that would be a terrible thing to do to a forum like this one.

Aside from the rest of this, I actually wasn't thinking about it from the point of us speaking a "different language". I was actually thinking about it for the purpose of not cluttering op the ABF and having our threads lost within one or two days. But -after having gotten the feeling for what this forum is like- I doubt that it would happen.

It is great to know that I am welcome on this forum and I have enjoyed the time I've spent here. I am completely happy to go with things as they are, I just thought that this could be a good idea.

#1003596 - 04/25/08 05:17 AM Re: young artists
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
Of course you are welcome here \:\) And as you read through this forum, it is noticable, that threads span from simple questions and topics even unrelated to piano, to robust pianistic discussions - and practically nothing really is lost after two days \:\)
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
5 minutes 20 seconds ago
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Today at 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
Today at 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
Today at 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 06:34 PM
Who's Online
128 registered (angga888, anotherscott, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, 41 invisible), 1438 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158392 Topics
2325865 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission