2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1005481 12/10/07 10:32 PM
OP Offline
Here am I, it was hard to get the first purchase done. As usual I started with research and I was overwhelmed about the information it comes from the Internet. But, this forum was one of my favored sources from the beginning.

I was looking to get a descent piano not to pricy for my son (5 years old) and me, both of us starting from scratch. My concern was less the money more the ungratefully treatment a five year old kid come up with time to time. Considering buying online, used from private o help r from a local dealer, but most important which brand will meet my budget? Finally, I both a Ritmueller baby grand GP142RI in really nice condition (3 years old) today, look like new out of the box from a local Steinway dealer and paid 6K for it.

We had old Piano 4 years ago when we lived in Salzburg; it came along with the apartment. I had sold it before we moved to FL, but even before I was always fascinated having my own grand Piano and can play it some day. Now I (we) get one delivered this week; therefore, my son and I are now totally thrilled to get our assigned homework done. We started with our lesson last week and I was short with a instrument we can practice. The first step is done; now I guess the second difficult part just began learning how to play a piano.

Music I am interested in: Classic, mainly Mozart, Bach, Rock from the 80, Supertramp (at the time Roger Hudson was lead singer), Eagles, Elton John and last but not least Songs for Kid’s.

Goal is to get my son into music and to show him it is never to late learning something new. Of course getting my dream fulfilled seriously.

I’m looking forward to participate as much as possible within this forum.

Andreas & Calvin

new bee's need help
Welcome, Andreas & Calvin!

We're of all different levels, here, in our household, let alone those that are on this forum. My daughter started a year ago, September. I have been playing for 32 years, on and off, my husband just now bought some adult beginner books but has been doing really well and will progress rapidly.

This is a post about two sets of great events: You're starting piano with your son, which is absolutely wonderful, and you HAVE A NEW PIANO ON THE WAY! Yea! I'm happy for you! We're waiting, impatiently, for our new piano to arrive.

I like your tastes in music. I never appreciated classical music until I grew up. Until I "grew old," is more like it.

Nothing shows support to a child, I believe, as going through what they are going through, to show them that you can do it, too.

Congratulations on the new piano, too! We're glad to have you, here.

Amy

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Welcome to both of you!

As you've no doubt seen if you've spent any time at all on the forum - we love piano pictures! Be sure to post some of your new piano when it's delivered.

I think it's great that this is a "joint effort" with you and your son. As Amy said, there is a lot of learning going on when your son sees you working on a piece until you get it right - that's a great example to be setting!

Enjoy your new piano and welcome to the forum! We'll look forward to not only your participation but hopefully some recordings from you both.

Greg
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
What a fun adventure - your son will love being able to play like (or better smile ) than Dad. Have fun making music and welcome.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Welcome Andreas & Calvin !

Bach, Mozart, Eagles and Supertramp....I indeed share your taste of music.

Enjoy music with your son like I've done with my daughter (she's now 14 and likes heavy rock and organ music....) smile

Ragnhild

Trying to play the piano:
http://www.box.net/public/dbr23ll03e
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Welcome Andreas and Calvin,

Your interests sound a bit like mine - classical, sixties pop, seventies rock, swing (my Dad's a huge Benny Goodman fan and it rubbed off), all those wonderful standards by Richard Rodgers and Gershwin and Cole Porter. The great thing about the forum is that whatever you like, you'll find someone else here who shares your enthusiasm.

Welcome & congrats on the new piano. I am also a beginner (hence the name) but I have already learned that everyone here is extremely helpfull & polite.

Best of luck in your studies,
Tim.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Welcome Andreas and Calvin!!!

Salzburg, Austria? I used to go there all the time when I lived in Italy. What a grand city laugh

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome Andreas & Colvin from another Supertramp fan! (I wore out two [vinyl] sets of the Paris double album in my college years.)

G
G
I should envy you your Grand Piano but such a one would not fit in my Bungalow
The one I use was bought was bought new 38 yrs ago and cost £500. It's an upright Bentley and I don't think they are made any more. But it has a beautiful tone. When we moved house (3 times) it travelled with us. When my daughter - terrific pianist - married it went with her, 250miles. She moved house twice and now eventually I have the piano back , 300 miles this time and here it is going to stay! I love it and it seems very happy and still has its gorgeous tone. What a Bargain!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome Andreas & Calvin.......Nice story....

Classical music.......do you know Schumann? 'Album for the youth', 'Waldszenen' etc. Very nice romantic classical music......recommended

[Linked Image]
Kawai CA95SB (Previous:Yamaha CLP320PE & DGX620)
Motto's:
'Music is a way of living' & 'Nil volentibus arduum'

https://youtube.com/user/JohanBenjaminsMusic
P
P
Welcome Andreas & Calvin!

I think it's so great when parents and kids both learn to play piano. You're going to have a great time -- and kids really love seeing their parents be beginners, too. It can really up the fun factor!

Your new-to-you piano sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Best,

Kim

Find some help for stage fright and share what helps you -- Stage Fright Tips. Let's learn from each other!
OP Offline
Thank you for your comments written nicely and your support. The piano arrived this early afternoon. As soon the Piano was setup and the movers out of the door I started my assigned practice; afterward, I picked up my son from school to go for our private lesson.
At the time we got home my son didn’t wanted to eat at all, he wanted to play with the new piano in our house (2.5hr). After he had finished his session he took out the clove to wipe of his fingerprints. Furthermore, I got advised to take care of the instrument because it is very expensive.
I’m really happy and filled with pride how my son behaved. Honestly, I did not expect it.

new bee's need help
Music seems to bring out the best in children. You know that we expect pictures, now, of the piano in its loving environment, being loved, don't you? smile

Congratulations!

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission