Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1005902 - 06/06/06 05:27 PM Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Opus45 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
To All who post & read in the ABF.

After writing to both Phlebas and Frank (PW Owner) a couple weeks ago, offering to help get rid of the forum menace, I was asked to consider applying to help Phlebas in the role of Co-Moderator.

I declined because I felt I haven't been a member of this forum long enough. And frankly, the only thing that would interest me in this regard would be the ability to quickly "zap delete" blatant, offensive, vile posts.

If anyone else would like to step up in that role, you would have my support, and I have the impression Phlebas and Frank would appreciate the help.

If no one else is interested, and if enough folks think I should consider this, I will consider it.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1005903 - 06/06/06 05:36 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
zoso Offline

Loc: O'fallon Il
Opus45, I think you'd be a great co-moderator.

#1005904 - 06/06/06 05:37 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
dk21208 Offline

Loc: FL
Perhaps Frank could enlighten us as to his expectations for an additional moderator. I can think of multiple people that would be great as moderators here. I also imagine he could take his pick of potential candidates who would be willing to step up and share this role.

I hear the pay scale is pretty steep too.

#1005905 - 06/06/06 06:54 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
bruceee Offline

Loc: Wellington, New Zealand
Oh please, don't delete the vile and offensive posts until I have had a chance to read them \:\)

#1005906 - 06/06/06 07:42 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
opus:

Obviously, that sick perverted freak has reared his chicken sh*t head again!

His comments don't even bother me as he is such a weak person that he has to hide behind such ridiculous comments that only make him look like more of a sick idiot.

I would only hope to not only meet this freak, but to bring along a video camera to film the beating he would receive from me!!, but, of course, he is to chicken to disclose himself or location to anyone (a real hero right??)

So, now we are left with a sorry little freak whom derives his sick pleasure by degrading anyone he can. One has to wonder what kind of a sick person this really is for him to obtain pleasure in this.

Personally, I fully support your idea of co-moderators; but am dissapointed at the same time that we even need this!!

Co-moderators will help, however, until this sick person is traced and tracked down, he will just keep signing up and launching more verbal attacks as this is how an untreated-sick mind seems to work.

I think the best moderator is someone who frequents this forum often and has the authority and ability to solve these issues very quickly.

I would support yourself as a candidate, but also, someone who can be trusted and visits the forum often such as Monica, Bob Muir, etc.

Either way, there has just got to be a way to trace this freaks identity and possibly prosecute him should it be proven that his behavior is causing harm to the Piano World site.

This is just such a shame that this behavior has reared its ugly head once again.

#1005907 - 06/06/06 08:08 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
gilad Offline

Loc: south africa
first of all nice piano S-H.

For real this troll has to go,
i havent seen such a level of stupidity since i was in kindergarden.
moderators are a good idea, but yes, unfortunate that one person with no ambition in life should come in here and trash talk.

#1005908 - 06/06/06 08:11 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
geek in the pink Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I want to co-moderate!! No, really!

#1005909 - 06/06/06 08:26 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
I'd be willing as well though I may not be on often enought to do that much good.

#1005910 - 06/06/06 08:36 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
dvdiva Offline

Loc: Manila
Troll? Where? Aw, did I miss out on all the controversy here? Shucks. Do fill me in on the latest. \:\)

BTW I support anyone who volunteers to co-moderate. It's not an easy task, and seems like a thankless job sometimes. A big thumbs-up to all the current and future mods!

#1005911 - 06/06/06 08:37 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
 Quote:
Originally posted by Opus45:
the ability to quickly "zap delete" blatant, offensive, vile posts.
If you want to consider it, then consider it. I just want you to feel good about your decision, and not to feel pressured into anything. \:\(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv7-qjprix4

#1005912 - 06/06/06 08:40 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
I also sent Phlebas a PM volunteering to co-moderate, and I think maybe a few co-moderators might be good. Frycek, you're on here a lot, I'd vote for you. \:\)

In the meantime, remember, don't feed the trolls. The best response is no response.

#1005913 - 06/06/06 08:49 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
petrof1 Offline

Loc: Gulf Coast
Normally, I wouldn't be butting into this , but something changed........tonite

I read an offensive comment written on one of todays thread that was about the poor lady whose daughter is missing, and it really got me upset, somebody needs to have the power to delete these posts from these sick individuals.
Edit:Opus I think you would be a great co-moderator, but do you have the time?

PWF is not the place for this kind of behavior.

#1005914 - 06/06/06 09:01 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
tm3 Offline

there are a lot of folks here who could do a great job as co-mods.

from a "policing" standpoint, it might be best to have the mods distributed across different time zones.

#1005915 - 06/06/06 10:01 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Opus45 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hello one and all,

It seems as though we have caring people all the way around the globe.
My heart is full.
Mr. S-H, you're right, the need is a shame.

How very sad....the little troll wants so much to offend us, and we want so much for him to just go away.

Very Sad.

#1005916 - 06/06/06 10:28 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, KY
I think I may have missed the post....however, I support any of you that have volunteered for such a thankless job. Thankfully, we rarely need moderating, however, some things will probably always pop up from time to time.

Edit: Just saw why this post was started....sigh....there used to be mental health hospital here that had this slogan "Please, if you don't get help at Charter, get help somewhere"

#1005917 - 06/06/06 10:39 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I know that NOT responding to a sick troll is the obvious best-mature action to take; however, this sick freak publically laughing at a women who's daughter is missing is VERY disturbing.

I could possibly see that this warped person is just a kid who has'nt grown up yet, however, this situation with Irish-mak is real. This is NOT a joke. If someone cannot make that distinction, they are very, very disturbed.

#1005918 - 06/06/06 10:45 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I think having co-moderators is a great idea, and I think everybody who has expressed a willingness to date would do a wonderful job. Heck, sign them ALL up! Opus45, please don't let your relatively high member number deter you. What matters most is a willingness to do the monitoring and common sense, both of which you seem to possess in abundance. And I'm in agreement with you that the primary need for additional moderating is only in dealing with offensive trolls...we seem to do a pretty good job of moderating ourselves and avoiding flame wars (most of the time ;\) ). And tm3's idea of having moderator coverage across time zones is a great one.

#1005919 - 06/06/06 10:51 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Copper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
I'd be happy to help zap the knucklehead.

I'll have to give some thought to whether I would charge a reasonable fee or an outrageous fee.

Hmmm. First I'd have everyone paint the town red. Then we'd have a picnic and invite all the jerks.

Skreeeeeek (on the blackboard) I catch the jerk, I'll clean him and fry him for you too, but it won't be cheap. I saw one eat a rockin' chair once.

#1005920 - 06/06/06 10:52 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Opus45 Offline
500 Post Club Member

(you would not believe the number of folks who have emailed me wanting to help co-moderate)

It is heart warming!

#1005921 - 06/06/06 10:55 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
 Quote:
Originally posted by Copper:
Skreeeeeek (on the blackboard) I catch the jerk, I'll clean him and fry him for you too, but it won't be cheap. I saw one eat a rockin' chair once.

[/b]
It took me a couple of minutes to catch your Quint reference, copper, but once I did, my hat's off to you!

Love that logo, too.

Maybe this could be the first forum to have ALL the members be moderators except one... \:D

#1005922 - 06/06/06 10:57 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Opus45 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Monica
 Quote:
Maybe this could be the first forum to have ALL the members be moderators except one...
LOVE IT!

#1005923 - 06/06/06 11:13 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

On a lighter note, I'd love to volunteer as a moderator, but if I did, I'd probably just end up getting myself in trouble all the time, and, well thats sort of counter productive!

On a more serious note, I am all for a "moderate" subsciption fee to this forum. Say $25.00 or so.

Go to a free public beach and you get all the riff-raff. Go to a private beach, pay a nominal entry fee, have a wonderfull-unspoiled day!

#1005924 - 06/06/06 11:16 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Shortcircuit85 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire
 Quote:
After writing to both Phlebas and Frank (PW Owner) a couple weeks ago, offering to help get rid of the forum menace, I was asked to consider applying to help Phlebas in the role of Co-Moderator.
Definitely a good idea. I'm sure if Frank and Phlebas could get at least one helper, it would reduce the problem dramatically.

Can I suggest it would be best to find out from Phlebas when he is usually offline and when he would need the most help. From that, you could find someone that tends to be online when he is not and therefore fill in the gap. If one person isn't enough, fine, get two to fill in that gap. That seems to be the most logical solution IMHO. If you need to further sort through people, have them all post or communicate their expected online time and try to work out the best solution from that.

Just my 2 cents

If you were not sane, you would never misunderstand this question or the consequences of not comprehending its meaning.

#1005925 - 06/06/06 11:19 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, KY
 Quote:
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
On a lighter note, I'd love to volunteer as a moderator, but if I did, I'd probably just end up getting myself in trouble all the time, and, well thats sort of counter productive!
[/b]
Our own caped crusader!

#1005926 - 06/06/06 11:39 PM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Shortcircuit85 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire
 Quote:
On a more serious note, I am all for a "moderate" subsciption fee to this forum. Say $25.00 or so.
That's not a bad idea. Obviously I don't mind because I choose to subscribe voluntarily. In my opinion though, it might discourage new people from joining.

In theory you could set the price real low (even $1), they may join and now Frank would have their credit card number. You wouldn't be able to keep signing up for new accounts over and over without being blatently conspicuous.

If you were not sane, you would never misunderstand this question or the consequences of not comprehending its meaning.

#1005927 - 06/07/06 12:08 AM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
yes

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#1005928 - 06/07/06 06:45 AM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Phlebas Offline

Loc: New York City
I think it's a great idea to have a co-moderator. I think 2 or 3 is the most that we need, and any more would be unmanagable, but that's Franks call.

The link below has information on moderator responibilities, and how to apply/ I just sent this to both Op45, and ShiroKuro - and thenI saw this thread.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/23/30.html

#1005929 - 06/07/06 10:55 AM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
Agilita Offline

Loc: Missouri
Actually, it would be easy to get around the credit card number. Because Amazon and various sites store credit card numbers and I don't trust them, I use only "virtual account" numbers. I log into my credit card's website and they generate a credit card number for a one time use. So, I always appear to be using a different credit card. \:\)

#1005930 - 06/07/06 11:15 AM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by petrof1:
Normally, I wouldn't be butting into this , but something changed........tonite

I read an offensive comment written on one of todays thread that was about the poor lady whose daughter is missing, and it really got me upset, somebody needs to have the power to delete these posts from these sick individuals.
Edit:Opus I think you would be a great co-moderator, but do you have the time?

PWF is not the place for this kind of behavior. [/b]
Folks, that would be me. It was pure evil and did upset me, but only for a second or two. Following my own personal policy, I do NOT respond to trolls of that nature, and I will not, and I ask all of you to do the same.

Opus, I think you would make a great mod! Been there, done that, and most of the time, it's a fun job.

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1005931 - 06/07/06 11:46 AM Re: Co-Moderator Yes, No, Maybe?
funburger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

whatever you decide opus i am behind ya!!! if you dont want to do it or dont have the time--then dont. if ya do and ya want to-then do it. i respect ya!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (Aucha, Atrys, 3rd Ear, 24 invisible), 1149 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153568 Topics
2250682 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
04/19/14 01:00 AM
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
04/18/14 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
04/18/14 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
04/18/14 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
04/18/14 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission