2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, brennbaer, accordeur, antune, anotherscott, 9 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Chopin's 4th ballade, Beethoven sonata op. 110. I'm working on both now slowly but sometimes I just wish I had them in hand already!

Pianist and teacher with a 5'8" Baldwin R and Clavi CLP-230 at home.

New website up: http://www.studioplumpiano.com. Also on Twitter @QQitsMina
To get everyone's attention about how well I control my fingers and tone: a Bach WTC fugue

To get everyone crying about my intensity of pianistic emotion: a Chopin Ballade

To get everyone standing and cheering at the end about my amazing and overwhelming musical ability: the Rachmaninov 3rd piano concerto

When will this happen: only in my dreams but it is a lot of fun to keep trying--so far I can do the first Prelude of the WTC book 1 but once there was a time when I could not even do that.
This forum has given me a lot of inspiration and very helpful comments and direction. Thanks to all.

Joseph

"If at first you succeed, try to hide your astonishment."
Originally posted by Lisztener:
Franz Liszt

La Campanella played like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnM1ahqzdw
I was going to say this was the piece I wish I could play but, the piece is so out of reach it is beyond "a wish". It would be a miracle!

S
S
Rachmaninoff's Prelude in G-sharp minor.

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
I don't have a specific piece I'd like to learn but I do wish that I could effortlessly harmonize any melody at will (think Sir Elton John).

When mr.SH writes that awsome melody, I'd like to take a shot at the accompaniment.

Rodney

V
V
Any Rach. or Clair de lune

well I'm 20 years old, and I'm teaching myself piano.
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Monica, that is brilliant!, I love it. I think I will go out and buy the most difficult piece known to mankind and prop it up on the fallboard of my piano just for *show*.

What if someone came to your house and wanted a listen to mankinds most difficult piece wink

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally posted by Debussy20:
[b] Monica, that is brilliant!, I love it. I think I will go out and buy the most difficult piece known to mankind and prop it up on the fallboard of my piano just for *show*.

What if someone came to your house and wanted a listen to mankinds most difficult piece wink [/b]
I fall back on my standard answer - "I'm so far beyond that now, go listen to some 14 year old kid if you want to hear it".

And then make them listen to Matt's version and just hope they buy it.

"There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." Johann Sebastian Bach/Gyro
O Well. "In a Mist" tonal piano piece by Bix Biederbecke. Main theme "Concerto in F" George Gershwin.

Chopin's Polonaise in Ab maj...

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Yes - the Chopin Scherzo #3 -

(that's the one with the celestial ripples - the one my teacher refers to as the How Dry I Am Scherzo - Do I have a sign around my neck saying "Spoil Chopin for me please" ? - my parents would sing "I'm always chasing rainbows" whenever that came on the radio - now I can never listen to that - thanks Dad)

"There are so many mornings that have not yet dawned." -- Rg Veda
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally posted by gmm1:
[b]
[b] Monica, that is brilliant!, I love it. I think I will go out and buy the most difficult piece known to mankind and prop it up on the fallboard of my piano just for *show*.

What if someone came to your house and wanted a listen to mankinds most difficult piece wink [/b]
I fall back on my standard answer - "I'm so far beyond that now, go listen to some 14 year old kid if you want to hear it".

And then make them listen to Matt's version and just hope they buy it. [/b]
haha! laugh If i messed up, I'll just reply "well, thats the way gmm1 taught it to me"

P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
I almost forgot about this piece

to add to my list Brahms Piano Concerto No.2

Mastering:Chopin Etudes op.10 nos.8&12 and op.25 no.1, Chopin Scherzo no.4 in E major op.54, Mozart Sonata in B flat major K.333& Khachaturian Toccata
Fantaisie-Impromptu by Chopin. One day maybe...

My blog such as it is http://melissasjourneys.blogspot.com
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Of course we all know that this is "Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz" by John Stump. Here is the sheet music:
http://www.well.com/user/bryan/waltz.html

This is hanging on the wall at the studio I take lessons at. I'm not sure if this is one I want to play or conduct. Of course, if the program also included “String Quartet No. 556(b) for Strings In A Minor (Motoring Accident)”, it would be a definite program to conduct. LOL

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
T
T
Chopin's Scherzo No. 2 - still the classical piece that blows me away most. Perfect combination of beautiful melody, and urgent virtuosity!

There's only one lifetime and why is it that I'm not already working on it? Remind me to drop noodling around with anything that isn't one the great pieces that I've always wanted to learn.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by DragonPianoPlayer:
[b]

Of course we all know that this is "Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz" by John Stump. Here is the sheet music:
http://www.well.com/user/bryan/waltz.html

This is hanging on the wall at the studio I take lessons at. I'm not sure if this is one I want to play or conduct. Of course, if the program also included “String Quartet No. 556(b) for Strings In A Minor (Motoring Accident)”, it would be a definite program to conduct. LOL

Rich [/b]
gave a copy to my teacher...he about fell of the stool...used it on his better pupils for a laugh..

Would love to play Bumble Boogie, Bob Seeley style... Bumble Boogie you really need to see this guy play in person...he's in his 70's...WOW

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It almost looks as hard as Finnissy's English Country Tunes - but not quite... smile

Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu

I tried playing this a few years ago... failed miserably. That whole thing with playing 3 notes with the right hand while playing two notes with the left... that kicked my butt hard. And then the speed of the whole piece and the range of octaves it encompasses... haha. Yea, it might be a couple of years before I touch this one again. But I did play the fake version of this piece, and it impressed my mom. :-D

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
George Gershwin's "Rhapsody In Blue." All 31 pages. This is "What If?" Am I still dreaming and asleep? Good question to ask me. Thank you, Sandy B

Sandra M. Boletchek 08/02/06
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,244
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission