2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
77 members (20/20 Vision, amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
SAMoore Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Our beloved 13 year old Golden Retriever was diagnosed on Thursday with osteosarcoma. It's a very agressive cancer and at her age all we can do is make her comfortable for a while......

Right now Cassie is on pain meds and prescription food that seems to be helping. It's breaking our hearts to know that in a few weeks as soon as her current medication stops working we'll be faced with the decision to say good bye to our girl.

We've had thirteen wonderful years with her. She's the sweetest, gentlest dog and has given us many, many memories to cherish.

She likes to lay behind my piano bench when I practice, and sleeps on the floor beside my bed at night. She likes to bum food but is very polite when we have company. I'll miss her so much. She hates the summer heat and I'm wishing that if this had to happen why couldn't it have been in the winter when she could lie on our deck in the snow as she likes so much to do...

I'm crying again now....gotta go....

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you, and it is so good for her she has such loving humans.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
I'm so sorry to hear about Cassie.

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was put down our beloved Brandy (husky shepard mix).

Still, I will be forever grateful for the time we had with her. She was almost as much a part of our family as a child.

We have a painting a friend of our daughter did of Brandy. I smile and say Hi Brandy every time I see it.

Let Cassie go peacfully, and be thankful for the time you had with her.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
I'm very sorry to hear your news, too.

Although my dog is the first I've ever owned as an adult, I've had several cats at this point that lived their entire lifespans with me. It never gets any easier; the only consolation, perhaps, is that even if the grief lasts for weeks, that's mercifully brief compared to the years and years of enjoyment that our pets give us.

Thanks for sharing.

Steven

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
So sorry to hear.

Key Notes frown

Music speaks where words fails.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I am so sorry to hear about Cassie. You are doing the right thing: keeping her comfortable until the end. I know from experience how hard this is. The love you have shared will always be there.

Best regards,

Deborah
D
D
I am sorry to hear about Cassie, I wish I could say more or be of help. Cherrish the time you have with her now.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
My heart goes out to you. Your love and music will be comforts to you both.

Sophia

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
My heartfelt condolences to you. In time, good memories will override your current grief.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh, I just remembered and while I don't know if this will help you and your family at all, but my sister had a beautiful custom made photo album consisted of all of the pictures and special moments of her dog before it passes away. Perhaps this may help in keeping Cassie's wonderful memories alive.

While I don't see my sister's dog everyday, I did see if him grow up and grow old from a puppy and it was so sad..., so much personalities and unconditional love they have for us.

Key Notes

Music speaks where words fails.
SAMoore Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you everyone, it really helps to share, thanks for listening. I'm feeling better this morning.

Piano will definitely help. As sad as I am, I'm still playing everyday and it provides a little distraction as I'm sure it will when she's gone.

I'll be skipping Summerkeys this year - doesn't seem important right now. We don't know how much time is left and my camp was scheduled for 4 weeks away.... not to mention palliative care, while completely worth it, is quite expensive. Maybe I'll even be up to a Nocturne for next year!

Keynotes, that's a good idea. We have pictures but most are digital and we should take a few more now... Time to print them and make a memory album. Thanks for the reminder.

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
D
D
My heart is on the ground. I'm so sorry this is happening to Cassie and to you and yours. I think Golden's are the most fantastic breed and I love them best of all, even though we don't actually have the space to give one what the breed needs. I covet them at the Bark Park all the time.

I have walked your path with a 14 year old Basset with the same diagnosis. It's a sad journey. I will be thinking of you and Cassie.

Debbie

"Do you listen when you play, or do you just put your hands on the keyboard and hope for the best?" Author: Unknown
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I am so sorry to hear this! We've been through this sort of thing before and it is hard. But I know you will truly enjoy the time you have left with Cassie and cherish the wonderful memories you have of all her years. My thoughts are with you.

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
We went through this with our adorable little cocker of 15 years, with my mother, and with my father in law. It is not easy but you will get through it.

Life is about cycles. We are born, we live, and we go on. When you think about the 15 billion years the universe has been in existence and the flicker of 3 million years that man has walked upright, we need to learn to appreciate the time we have to spend on this earth. We need to love those around us and cherish the little things in life that make it truly worth living. Life is about experiencing all the glory of the universe that is there for our asking.

I wish you well and may you find comfort in your time of sorrow.

Casio PX-320, Fabers' Adult Piano Adventures 1
"If you drive faster than I do, you are a maniac. If you drive slower than I do, you are are an idiot."
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm so sorry to hear about Cassie. I've had to say goodbye to 4 Airedales 2 of them last year and it never gets easier.

When my Oxford, passed I was a mess. I went to a grief counselor and she told me to start a journal and write all the neat stuff that happened throughout our 13 years together. That journal started the healing process. To this day I carry that journal everywhere I go.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'm so sorry, Sandy. There's not much that can be of comfort at this time other than the knowledge that you have given Cassie a wonderful home for 13 long years, and also that you will give her the best care in the time she has remaining. Yes, take lots of pictures, maybe even some video.

G
G
I'm so sorry to read this, Sandy. Just be there with her in the next few weeks as you both need this time together. You've been her person for so long and given each other a wonderful 13 years.

We've dealt with osteosarcoma with one of our greyhounds who was 5 at the time. We cherished each moment that we had with him. They depend on us and trust us for so much and I've often wondered if they realize how much they give us in return.

Take her for walks when she feels up to it, take lots of pictures & videos, have fun with her, give her lots of hugs, and just enjoy the time that you have together.

Enjoy life...this is not a dress rehearsal.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
frown I'm so sorry!! What special gifts our animals are to us and how we miss them when it is their time to leave us.

When I reach the place I'm going, I will surely know my way.
So Sorry Sandy............... frown
I know how you feel about your dog, I have a cat and I know I will go off the deep end when his day comes. frown

Hope it makes you feel a little better knowing that some of us understand what you are going through and that we do care.

And Sandy.............it's ok to cry.

Many of us have cried the same tears. In a more fair world, dogs would live 30 years. But their time is too short. My three dogs are 10, 11, and 12, (two I raised from tiny puppies) so there are sad days ahead here as well, and I'm careful to cherish every moment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission