2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, antune, 11 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Nice going Greg. I had no idea we were getting our own web site!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just listened to all, except Hershey88's, which has no link, and Nancy's Op28-15, which got me an Internet Explorer error - didn't open. It's a wma file.

Kudos to all the wonderful pianists. I think we are stretching to call this an adult "beginners" forum.

I haven't heard most of these pieces before so it's a great musical education as well as great enjoyment to listen to. I really love no. 24. (I don't mean to belittle anyone's accomplishment. I mean the composition just stands out for me.)

Thank you very much again gerg and Kathleen.

C7, Glad to see that you seem to be in good spirits - I am sure that itself will speed up the healing. Sending good vibes your way, one more time. You've got lots of good vibes from the preludes!

[Linked Image]
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Please keep checking back for Hershey's recording. He is a very, very special individual, and it will be worth your while...

I agree with you about the firey passion #24. LisztAddict did it justice, and it shares with #15 the distinction of Chopin's best-known prelude, though #4, #6, and #7 are also well-known.

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by LaValse:
There you all sit, peers of artists like Koji, Julius Katchen and Ashkenazy smile

http://www.sailwave.com/music/abf.jpg

And Brahms too!

Bravo smile
Glad to see someone taking advantage of the labeling effort. It was a lot of work! thumb

Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
btw gerg, I did notice the files are all systematically labelled, and the site is very well laid out, the graphics, the colors - the way the link color matches the border colors. Yes I noticed those details! Very good looking page indeed. The great music derserves a great presentation site and you provided that.

Edit: AND the invitation "flyer" at the top of this thread matches the site too. This is like a whole wedding package, all coordinated and pretty. (It takes a woman to see it this way smile )

[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Well, that kept me at work until the end today! What a great recital. I didn't know any of the pieces, but it was a delight to listen to them all, and to all the different styles in pianos, much less playing.

And the invitation and the web site made me feel like I was in a grand concert hall with ornate railings and patterned carpets, and ladies with long gloves and fans smile

Congratulations to all - what a triumph.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Ramona gets credit for the site design! She did a marvelous job, and she did it all in ONE DAY, can you believe it?

Ramona did the initial layout of the invite, and Peyton, who is a professional artist, improved it.

Don't click here!
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gerg:Tina, I am hoping you will participate one of these days! Don't ever say "I'm not good enough"! Have you seen the Mazurka Marathon thread?
Yes, I hope so too and thanks very much for your encouraging spirit smile Yes, I have indeed seen the Mazurka thread. Read every page the other day and daydreamed just a bit! I don't think even the simplest Chopin work is within my ability yet (but I don't KNOW that because I don't know what piece that would be!) but I will get there!

Tina

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
This was an amazing accomplishment. I've listened to them all and know now why I didn't join in! Beginners? Ha! These are all wonderful and most sound like they are played by advanced players! Awesome! I've played a couple of these before(not as well however). Kathleen your playing certainly shows your passion for Chopin! You sound very professional! And the site is Great! Kudos to Gerg and Ramona!

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Bravo to everyone! thumb

These are marvelous recordings and Gerg you did a marvelous job in putting this recital together smile

gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
KG, everyone deserves the credit! And we missed you! Ramona designed and built the page - I just uploaded it.

For anyone accessing the site -- it looks as though we've come through the DNS crossover period and the site is now:

http://chopinrecital.org

not

http://www.chopinrecital.org

The original link at the top the thread has been updated to reflect this.

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I saw Hershey Felder's play a few months ago....it was amazing...

gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Check back here for his recording of Op. 45. It is hoped that he will find the time to record something for our little group. However, at this very moment he is performing live before an audience.

He is something of a living legend, a reincarnation of some of the greats.

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey this is awesome!

Is it possible that you put a player on the site so people won't have to download everything? (I use http://musicplayer.sf.net/ on my site and it works great.) Just a suggestion... smile

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Congratulations to all of you for your amazing accomplishments! ! thumb thumb wow
I just finished listening to all of them and I am so impressed! The webpage is gorgeous, and the invitation was such a special touch as well (I take it that purple/violet was Chopin's favorite color? Good choice!). What a special and loving tribute to Chopin- I can imagine he is out there somewhere, smiling and happy that he has inspired all of you to play so beautifully.

I intend to listen again, next time with the scores in front of me because I want to see how you have all made the scores come to life. And while I don't wish to really single anyone out, I must compliment Kathleen at this point for her beautiful playing of #17: Kathleen, your playing is gorgeous and heartfelt! This prelude is one of the few that I'm familiar with, and you did as good a job as I've heard on any professional recording. You are often hard on yourself and really shouldn't be- Great job!

I believe you have started something here! smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Loved it! Thanks for an enjoyable morning. You all are an absolute inspiration!

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
C
C
Oh Wow! This is just superb! And I agree Adult beginners who? Y'all sound a lot more than that to me!

Great Job everyone!

I also love the layout of the web page, how nicely organized and pretty everything is looking. Kuddos to you Gerg!

PS I couldn't listen to Hershey88's playing either.

-------
Dee

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Congratulations! All the pieces were absolutely amazing and played with such heartfelt devotion and dedication. Chopin would be proud!
You guys are an inspiration to all those of us who truly are at the "beginner" level.

Oh, and the mere idea of doing a recital like this was great. It must have been so motivating to know you were doing it for this group project, so to speak. I'm thinking something like this should be more regular. laugh

Do or do not, there is no try.

CURRENT PIECES
Beethoven Sonata Op.49 No.2
Fur Elise
Chopin Waltz Op.69 No.2
Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2
Schumann Op.15 No.1 (About Strange Lands and People)
Schumann Op.15 No.7 (Traumerei)
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
There is no "you guys" here. Anyone is welcomed to join! The only rule we've had is one performer per piece and that's just to avoid comparisons.

Next up is Mazurkas - see the Mazurka Marathon thread.

All, sorry about Hershey88 - the link was deactivated because we never got the recording. No one knows what happened there, hopefully he will turn up soon but he is quite busy!

(and thanks for the kind comments all! Again you are all welcomed to join us in the future! thumb )

Don't click here!
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Gerg said:

Sticky has been requested. However, one mod is in Japan, and the other is (hopefully!) recovering from a life-threatening injury, so I don't know how long it will take the request to go through...
Who's the moderator who's suffered a life-threatening injury?

I'd guess ShiroKuro is the moderator in Japan ... but I didn't realize a regular on this forum was dealing with such a serious thing...

(Sorry about the off-topic post, but I hope and pray that the injured moderator makes a complete recovery...)

Colin Dunn
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission