2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1012121 02/05/09 06:48 PM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Haven't seen anyone start this month's piano bar up yet, so figured I'd try and get it going... I actually learned this a long time ago but I don't think I've posted a direct link yet (I just don't want to start the thread without contributing something):

The Godfather Theme

C'mon guys and gals, let's hear some music! It doesn't matter what it is, anything you can play will do just fine, don't be shy! Even if it's something out of Alfred's, we all love to hear eachother play and this is a fun and friendly way to share the sounds.

Just think of it as a bunch of people in a room taking turns at the piano and having a good time. (no, you don't need video to post!) laugh

P.S.
If you are unsure of how to upload your recordings to the internet, try www.savefile.com or even better yet www.box.net . Of course if you have video to go with it www.youtube.com works great too.

#1012122 02/05/09 07:24 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I have 2 songs ready I will record and upload them this weekend. I will let you know and one of the song will surprise you.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

#1012123 02/05/09 09:00 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by AnotherSchmoe:
Haven't seen anyone start this month's piano bar up yet, so figured I'd try and get it going...

C'mon guys and gals, let's hear some music! It doesn't matter what it is, anything you can play will do just fine, don't be shy!

Even if it's something out of Alfred's . . .
It's about time - thought that the barkeeper was on vacation or something . . .

And just what does that "crack" about Alfred's mean . . . as if that's a last resort, or something wink Poor Alfredheads - get no respect . . .

I have a hymn recorded, but I'm not sure if you want to hear it - it's so, well, a, er, religious and stuff . . .

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
#1012124 02/05/09 09:02 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I have learned and recorded this piece for my friend. It didn't take me long, but it's not as polished as I would like - my rhythm is off, and that bothers me a lot. Here it goes! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFI3wwwmno

Mateusz

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
#1012125 02/05/09 10:59 PM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Lol John, I meant nothing by it of course. Just my way of saying "It can even be something out of a learning book" i.e. for new piano players to not worry about it or be intimidated by the talent of posters like Mati. Just trying to tell people not to be shy and to share their progress regardless of the difficulty of the piece or how long they've been playing. laugh

EDIT:
Let me rephrase, Alfred Book 1. Hehe, I have never actually looked at the books so I guess I was out of line. I just glanced over at the Alfred's Book 3 thread and listened to the Fandango recording, sounded pretty tough!

And Mati, that was wonderful! Thank you for sharing. smile Gee, I REALLY need to buy a digital piano, LOL. I always feel like such a jerk posting my recordings on my 50 year old spinet. :p

#1012126 02/05/09 11:25 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I always feel like such a jerk posting my recordings on my 50 year old spinet.
Schmoe,
I would rephrase that: it shows resourcefulness, independent style, individuality, guts to stand out from the pack... thriftiness too! thumb

[Linked Image]
#1012127 02/06/09 12:04 AM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Rosanna:
Schmoe,
I would rephrase that: it shows resourcefulness, independent style, individuality, guts to stand out from the pack... thriftiness too! thumb
LOL, that sounds great and all, you sure know how to sugarcoat things. And I mean that in a nice way. wink It mainly shows what a miser I am and how I procrastinate too much when it comes to making trips to piano dealers in search of a Clavinova (which is what I have my mind set on right now). If I could just hit a button and have one delivered to my door by ordering online I would've probably already done so, unfortunately Clavinovas are only sold in certain stores. That said however, I had been thinking about a Kawai CE200 which CAN be ordered online (before I started reading into the Clavinovas). But I couldn't find many recordings of people playing on them, I see in your profile that you own one, do you have links to any recordings you've done on it? I'd love to hear how it sounds. I've never had the opportunity to play one in person so I haven't really heard them much. There are loads of Clavinova recordings on YouTube though.

On a positive note (bad pun?) however, nearly everyone in the ABF by now can probably hear me playing and immediately point out "Oh, that's Schmoe!" just from the uniquely annoying sound of my piano. It might not be so bad if I was playing ragtime buuut I'm not, I just don't think I have the chops for it! :p

Anyways, I'll try and complain less and play more from now on though, lol! And when I do finally get a DP it will be heavenly for me I'm sure, after playing on my spinet for a few years now. But the nice thing about playing piano is that no matter what condition your instrument at home is in, you can always play the pieces you've learned on any other piano and sound fantastic again, the practice transfers over!

It's great if you're at a relative's house or something and can just start bustin' out some songs. My grandmother has a pretty nice Kurzweil DP that I get to play on every now and then during visits, for a DP it's fairly old (maybe 10 years) but sounds really nice, and she loves when I play on it because it's THE ONLY TIME IT GETS USED, LOL. She actually hardly ever touches, she loves pianos and the music but she just doesn't want to take the time to practice, she thinks that she won't be any good, but that's just because she doesn't really try. And no one else in the family plays, except for my 3 year old cousins that is, they just love to plunk away on the keys. My grandfather had bought the DP before he passed away and used to play old standards on it from the 40s and 50s. He was a great guy to be sure. smile

#1012128 02/06/09 12:13 AM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
AS - thanks for prodding us. Somebody needs to play the role of the ramrod, the organizer, the one who makes things happen. Great job on Godfather - it's been a very long time since I've heard it and I really enjoyed it. Also, I like the video setup you have - always good to be able to watch the fingering.

Mati, that is a very soothing, peaceful piece of music, and very nicely played. Well done.

JF - c'mon, no excuses. Hymns are always welcome!

My piece this month is So What, by Miles Davis. This is my first attempt at a modal jazz tune. I am playing the piano, but the bass, drums, and trombone are all computer-generated.

Ed

http://www.box.net/shared/xxkn3oqk7y

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

#1012129 02/06/09 12:29 AM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Hey Riddler, awesome playing! Jazz music is very, very cool. Really enjoyed your recording, keep up the good work! It was very chillin'. I felt like I was sitting in a smoke-filled lounge just relaxing to the music (I listened to it twice!). Bravo! cool (though I guess my lungs could do without the smoke! So we'll scratch that part, lol)

Unfortunately I have not gotten around to acquiring any real knowledge of music theory yet so even attempting to play any type of jazz is currently out of the question for me. mad Though I'm sure I'd be miserable at it in any case. You are very talented however, thanks for sharing and definitely keep up the great work!!

#1012130 02/06/09 07:54 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by AnotherSchmoe:

[b]EDIT:

I just glanced over at the Alfred's Book 3 thread and listened to the Fandango recording, sounded pretty tough!

[/b]
Nah - child's play (so to speak) - a piece of cake - as with the vast majority of pieces it's just a matter of hitting the right notes at the right time :p

FYI - I play a Clavinova (CVP-301) and heartily recommend it - versatile instrument with great features and excellent sound - maybe you could find a used (but not abused) model on ebay or Craig's List or even posted in your local paper at at your local music store - worth checking around for the big $$$ savings!

One other thing - your username - you seem far too intelligent and enthusiastic to be just "AnotherSchmoe" wink

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

#1012131 02/06/09 07:59 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Schmoe,
smile Rosanna - I've dearly missed your subtle, but witty, sense of humor! The price I had to pay for being a "bad boy" frown

Regards, JF

#1012132 02/06/09 12:02 PM
N
N
I've lurked mostly over the years, but these piano bar threads would be a good place to post since I've started recording.

It was actually January 31st, but I'll post anyway wink
Watermark.

#1012133 02/06/09 12:19 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
From the end, to be a bit different! laugh

noxiousdog: I love Enya. I have never played her pieces on piano, but it sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful playing. And Shannon did a great job too! smile

Rickster: I enjoy jazz very much and my father does too. You gave us a great kick for today, thanks!

AnotherSchmoe: The melody of Godfather goes with me often, I hum it without knowing it. You did it justice!

M.

Mateusz Papiernik
#1012134 02/06/09 04:42 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Schmoe,
I sent you a PM regarding Kawai CE200. I don't want to sidetrack the Piano Bar thread.

[Linked Image]
#1012135 02/06/09 05:08 PM
Ok, I planned to learn this song for the next month piano bar. But it was easier than I thought, and with the "C'mon" from Schmoe, I use it for this month piano bar. No surprise, another Senneville's song ( I am to cheap to buy another song book smile ). I like the simplicity and the purety of the melody.

Rondo pour un tout petit enfant ( Rondo for a very little child )

Now I have to find something else for next month

TB

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
#1012136 02/06/09 05:31 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Vladimir's Blues, by Max Richter.
http://www.box.net/shared/g2qjob4sgx

I purchased Galaxy II Piano samples yesterday, so I used an old midi file to render it. I went a bit too far with the pedal sounds I think!

This is the original piece, playing in the background of a rather odd video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tROvNZdZAeA

#1012137 02/06/09 10:39 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Frank:
Schmoe,
smile Rosanna - I've dearly missed your subtle, but witty, sense of humor !
JF, that wasn't supposed to be humorous - It's the preferred perspective. laugh

[Linked Image]
#1012138 02/06/09 10:56 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mati - I haven't heard the piece before, but I love it. I think all your selection have always been something I haven't heard, but I have always liked them - all soothing, melodic, pretty pieces.

Riddler - wow, how cool is that! I don't know how you have the trombone and bass be computer generated, because those are playing different parts. It's more than just a continuous background rhythm, like a drum setting on a DP.

Noxiousdog - way to introduce yourself to ABF, with the first posting being a nice performance like that!

True Beginner - now I know why you're always playing these french lovesongs - same songbook! That explains it! Luckily every piece has been really pretty! You're right about this piece - there is a purety to it. I can also see some parts of it being a music box tune.

Euan - This is really atmospheric and mesmerizing.

[Linked Image]
#1012139 02/07/09 06:09 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Frank:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I always feel like such a jerk posting my recordings on my 50 year old spinet.
Schmoe,
smile Rosanna - I've dearly missed your subtle, but witty, [b]sense of humor
!
JF, that wasn't supposed to be humorous - It's the preferred perspective. laugh [/b]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, then that just goes to prove my point - your keen, sly sense of humor comes slicing through effortlessly and naturally even when you're just being "politically correct" and stating the "preferred perspective" :p

Regards, JF

P.S. I'll submit a piece to the Bar if you will! smile

#1012140 02/07/09 02:40 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm really enjoying everyone's contributions this month! laugh Riddler, do you ever play with a live jazz band? You should - that's terrific! thumb

As Time Goes By heart (contains some soft strings in background) wink
http://www.box.net/shared/5l76fab90m

#1012141 02/07/09 04:27 PM
I wrote a new song tonight. Would love to know what you all though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjKDI1aOOh4&fmt=18

Phil

-----------------------------
http://www.phillipmills.com/
#1012142 02/07/09 05:07 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Here's mine, In My life by Lennon/McCartney.

http://www.box.net/shared/842r0ps6fl

I have another one but I uploaded it for the recital.

Phil, that is really good.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

#1012143 02/07/09 05:39 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Another nice piano bar going here - thanks everyone.

Ed - you know you're on my list thumb

True Beginner - I liked this a lot - well-played, and sort of music-boxy

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
#1012144 02/07/09 06:34 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Phil,
This one brings a smile to me throughout the performance. The thought that goes thru my mind was: "Ah, to be young, and so romantic and in love!" 3hearts (Don't get me wrong, I mean it in the sweetest way.)
This song is my favorite among your recent ones. I love the lyrics, and the way the melody moves and builds.

Serge88,
This one is really nice. (Is this the one that would surprise us? confused (based on your earlier post? )

[Linked Image]
#1012145 02/07/09 07:30 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

Serge88,
This one is really nice. (Is this the one that would surprise us? confused (based on your earlier post? )
No, the surprise was for AnotherSchmoe because I also recorded The Godfather Theme. It's my recital song.

Serge

- Robert Schumann

#1012146 02/07/09 07:36 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Elssa, that's nice, I also recorded my version of As Time Goes By a few months ago, what a wonderful song.

Serge

- Robert Schumann

#1012147 02/07/09 11:21 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Serge:

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I do remember listening to your version, and it really inspired me. It's one of my all-time favorite songs... Can you please re-post it, as I'm not sure where it is now? Thank you. smile I guess you played it in key of Eb? I played it by ear in key of C. Key doesn't seem to matter with this song, though - such a great song. smile

#1012148 02/08/09 02:08 AM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Serge88:
[b]
Serge88,
No, the surprise was for AnotherSchmoe because I also recorded The Godfather Theme. It's my recital song.

Serge [/b]
I await in eager anticipation sir!

#1012149 02/08/09 12:10 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Elssa, here's it is,
http://www.box.net/shared/w0vxc00wg8

I learned it from lead sheet with only chord and melody. I started by playing block chord and melody and slowly I add different arrangement, it took me a long time to get to the final version. Too bad I didn't write it down because I can't remember exactly what I did.

AnotherSchmoe, yes what a coincidence I got the sheet from a site call germanicvs.

Serge

- Robert Schumann

#1012150 02/08/09 05:30 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Francis Jane ("Fanny") Crosby, 1820-1915, was one of the most remarkable - and one of the most famous women - of her time.

As a young girl she went to a special school in New York, and later returned to that school to teach English and History.

She became so famous that eventually she moved with ease in the highest social circles, intermingling with politicians, generals, statesmen, writers, artists, industrialists and others of similar rank.

But Fanny also spent much of her time and energy throughout her adult life as a social worker in slums helping the sick and homeless and poor and destitute. It was a task to which she had devoted her life.

Because of her life's experiences and the force of her personality she was highly sought after as an inspirational public speaker and writer.

She was also a musician who played both the guitar and piano equally well, and was a fine poetess to boot.

But above all else she was a composer - a composer who specialized in the unique and beautiful and moving form of music known as the Christian Hymn. As a Hymnist she was one of the most prolific composers in history - she wrote over 8,000 of them. She wrote these hymns under her own name, but also under over 100 pseudonyms (so that publishers would put more of her works in their compilations).

But there was trajedy in her life. Her father died when she was only one and her only child died as a small infant. And one more thing - Fanny was blind from the age of about 6 weeks, the victim of the malpractice of an incompetent doctor.

Here is perhaps her most famous hymn (and one of the most popular ever in the Christian music literatue), still widely performed 136 years after it was composed (I play two verses with a refrain after each):

Blessed Assurance

Regards, JF

#1012151 02/08/09 06:30 PM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Serge88:

AnotherSchmoe, yes what a coincidence I got the sheet from a site call germanicvs.
Hmm, interestingly enough that's where I got mine from as well. Coincidence indeed! Lol! I look forward to hearing it, you are a great pianist. laugh

#1012152 02/08/09 08:16 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I decided to unveil and share one more piece this month smile It's Miyazawa Yukino IV from Miyazawa Yukino 5-part suite. It somehow resembles the state of my mind lately, my mood and my feelings. Peaceful and calm, yet undecided and unsure of many things.

I hope you'll enjoy smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtr7HAtj9PQ

My very best wishes,
M.

Mateusz Papiernik
#1012153 02/09/09 02:09 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Elssa, here's it is,
http://www.box.net/shared/w0vxc00wg8

Thanks, Serge..Beautiful arrangement and playing! smile

#1012154 02/09/09 06:51 PM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
I haven't been bar hopping in a while, but today I recorded a rare (for me) improv as part of my resolution to record at least one song every month. I ran into this while sight-reading in an easy pop book and decided to throw in a few of my own gizmos and doodads. It's When You Say Nothing At All, most famously recorded by Alison Kraus.

http://www.box.net/shared/sv74gilhc3

#1012155 02/09/09 07:57 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
For the Feb piano bar

Misty

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
#1012156 02/10/09 09:17 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Thanks to all who listened/commented on my piece.

Noxiousdog, nice job on that! Loved the vocalist too! smile

TB, yes, that song does have a certain purity and simplicity, and is very appealing. Well done.

Euan, whew - that really sets a mood of suspense. Well done.

...Riddler - wow, how cool is that! I don't know how you have the trombone and bass be computer generated, because those are playing different parts. It's more than just a continuous background rhythm, like a drum setting on a DP.,.
Rosanna, I am using Band-In-A-Box, which can literally simulate an entire band simultaneously. It's an amazing piece of software!

Elssa, great job on As Time Goes By. Liked that thing at the end. Funny thing about that MP3 file - the recording is on there twice. so just as I was about to say: Play it again, Elssa, by golly, it played it again!

Originally posted by Elssa:
... Riddler, do you ever play with a live jazz band? You should - that's terrific! thumb
Elssa, I've only done it once, at a jazz club jam session. Enjoyed it immensely! Since then I've had a minor medical problem that makes it inconvenient for me to do it. But I plan to do it again, and often, as soon as the situation permits. Thanks for the encouragement!

Phil, your song, your singing, and your playing all sound very professional. Great job.

Serge,that's a really beautiful song, and played perfectly, as usual!

JF, now c'mon, you know hymns don't belong in a bar. Perhaps you should start a new thread for hymn of the month or..... blah blah blah. Just kidding. We all love hymns! Glad to see you finally did it. Well done! Also, I really like the idea of giving a bit of background on the piece of music. I kind of sets the stage. You've set the example!

Mati, that is indeed a beautiful piece - contemplative, calming. Well done!

Joe, great job on Misty. Interesting fills!

Bluekeys - great job on WYSNAA. Liked your gizmos and doodads. I had to accompany a vocalist singing that song at my son's wedding last fall, and grew very fond of it.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

#1012157 02/13/09 02:51 AM
z32 Offline
Hey yall! Just wanted to drop by and share my latest piece. It's an anime song entitled "Tears." Hope you enjoy!

Tears

#1012158 02/13/09 07:08 AM
Ashokan Farewell

Usual excuse i play it perfectly??? till the recorder goes on, so i got fed up after the 8th attempt and accepted the result

http://www.box.net/shared/kl6m5i4g32

----Any action or thought you have increases the probability that that thought or action will happen again----
#1012159 02/14/09 03:21 AM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
John Frank - another hymn from my childhood - thanks.

bluekeys - improv! thumb well done.

joe - what a great atmospheric piece!

NeNiRi - lovely. My band plays this a lot, and the dancers love it.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
#1012160 02/14/09 11:54 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
z32 and NeNiRi,
Both of your pieces are gorgeous, and have a surprisingly similar flavor: sweet, beautiful melodies, enchantingly played.

jw74780,
Very nice Misty! Is this your own arrangement?

Bluekeys,
Really nice "gizmos and dodads" you added!

Elssa,
beautiful as usual. I repeat myself all the time when it comes to commenting on your playing!

[Linked Image]
#1012161 02/15/09 02:25 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

jw74780,
Very nice Misty! Is this your own arrangement?
Yes, but I've not notated it. I just improvised.

Thanks, glad you like it.

Edit: Actually, I practiced the improv until I had it memorized before recording it.

#1012162 02/15/09 11:02 PM
Hi everyone! How have you all been doing? I hope everyone had a romantic/fun Valentine's Day!

It's been a while since I have shared something here. College is just so overwhelming that I barely have any time at all to practice the piano. I feel so sad because my progress graph seems to have flat out'ed. Sigh, I miss the old high school days! But life has to go on smile Here is Love Story. Perfect timing for Valentine's. I also wish everyone a happy year with their loved ones. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS5nLQs7s2k

PS. I missed piano recital again. frown That's the third time. Ahh I'll make sure to check again for the next recital. Maybe one of you can send me a short PM to remind me. Thanks smile

I am piano noob today; I will be piano pro tomorrow.

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. smile
#1012163 02/16/09 05:15 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Yang,
Glad you still manage to serenade us despite your busy college schedule. I think everyone is busy listening to the recitals, so you may not get so many hits or comments.

[Linked Image]
#1012164 02/17/09 09:54 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here is my February Piano Bar tune. Those of you who don't care for amateur renditions of classic rock love ballads might want to skip this one.

Sometimes When We Touch

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
#1012165 02/17/09 10:35 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
PianoN00b, very nice, I hadn't heard it played like that before. Good luck with your studies. Take it one day at a time!

Bill, very nice, that is a great rock love ballad and I like your version.

#1012166 02/17/09 04:00 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Riddler (ED) - I'm not sure what "modal" jazz is exactly but I really like your piece.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1012167 02/17/09 04:05 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
JW7480 (Joe) - Now that is a great Misty. I had a version of this song up on Youtube but it is quite pale compared to yours.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1012168 02/17/09 04:19 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Bluekeys - Great song choice - I'm also a big Alison Kraus fan. You carried this off nicely.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1012169 02/17/09 04:28 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Elssa - Public Television here in the D.C. area endlessly broadcasts reruns of the British comedy "As Time Goes By" with this great song played at the beginning and end of every episode. I've seen them all dozens of times and never get tired of them or the song. You performed this beautifully.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
#1012170 02/18/09 10:53 AM
N
N
Bah. I wavered back and forth and decided that since it was recorded, I could add it to the piano bar.

Musette from Anna Magdelena Bach's notebook.

I don't particularly like my performance for a number of reasons, but maybe it will make the rest of you feel better about yours smile

And just as some background. I started playing 4-5 years ago and didn't take it all that seriously. There were a few pieces I put good effort into, but overall it was only about 3 hours of practice a week including the lesson. However, over the last few months, I've gotten the bug bad and started the blog. As filler material, and to build my performance list, I've gone back over some material I've learned over the adveture.

#1012171 02/18/09 09:54 PM
I did a cover of Faith Hill's song "There You'll Be" - what a beautiful song! smile Lemme know what you think and I included a link to my newest "love" song with vocals in case you missed it on the last page smile

There You'll Be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MgF-7vwDM&fmt=18
My Love Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjKDI1aOOh4&fmt=18

Phil

#1012172 02/19/09 07:37 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
bill,
I haven't heard that song for aaages! Your performance has a style about it that's becoming your signature. Very enjoyable, and well done!

Noxiousdog,
Actually you did a fine job on Musette. Glad you posted it.

Phil,
There You'll Be: OK, so you are human after all, and have bloopers, but boy, how come those still sound so good?!! Good job, nice, smooth, liquid. But I would be curious how it'd sound if you make it a tad slower and wtih a pinge more drama (as opposed to the more flowing sort of "new age" style.)
Congrats on getting the CD close to being "released"!

[Linked Image]
#1012173 02/20/09 03:58 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Phil, Good songs, I love your technique and expression on the keys. But I wish you would get a better stand for your keyboard(lol). It makes me nervious to see it shake when you play.

Enjoyed the music, keep 'em coming.

#1012174 02/21/09 02:53 PM

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Most enjoyable!

#1012175 02/21/09 03:48 PM
Thanks a lot Rosanna and I'll try to muster up the funds to get a new stand on of these days jw lol

#1012176 02/22/09 12:13 PM

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi noxiousdog, I tried to post a comment on your blog but it wouldn't let me. frown

Just wanted to say that your rendition of "Watermark" was beautiful, and Shannon's babbling really added a wonderful dimension to the piece and brought a smile to my face. smile

[hmmm... there could be a potentially lucrative marketing niche here; rather than all those new age albums with whale noises and surf sounds added to the background, why NOT the delightful babbling of babies?! I'd rather listen to that than some whale moaning in apparent gastrointestinal distress. laugh ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission