2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,170 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Par, I'm in So.Cal. as well. Go for it, I swear 80% of the difficulty in learning a new piece is getting over the fear, which in hindsight seem very silly...it's not as if this is combat smile

[Linked Image]
I'm an intermediate level player.Is this something we tackle on our own or with a teacher. I see mostly classical scores here. Does it matter what I choose as long as it'a a project...for me everything is hard..hahaha...but I'd love to be a part of this...I have some pieces that have been tackled but could use the next 6 months to make them sound like the way they should.. or I could choose a difficult solo non-classical piece.Would that be permitted.Let me know if I'm in over my head because you guys sound pretty experienced. I've been taking lessons for two years.

Struggling Musician!
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by sid:
[QB] Time to revive this thread, guess I'm the first one to finish? smile I actually finished this towards end of March but forgot to post it here.

Here's my piece, Einaudi's In Un Altra Vita (In Another Life), I ended up learning the piece pretty much as written smile :

http://www.box.net/shared/8e6otmos8f

Wow...great job as usual Sid...great song too

Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
hm hm....Just remembered this thread and it's already a bit past September 1st, but anyone else finished their challenge piece yet and can post? Alright, let's hear the excuses! laugh

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I know it all, but my technique won't let me play it clean enough for me to be able to confidently post it.

Practice makes permanent - Perfect practice makes perfect.
L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
Holy Cow! I don't have an excuse, I just sort of forgot about this. I have been learning another Chopin piece since March, and I guess all my thoughts were on getting it perfected (ha!).

However, I have been taking it very slowly, measure by measure, every other day or so, but I'm no where near finished.

Can we extend the deadline...say until maybe next March?? I think perhaps others may have forgotten, or am I the only ditz?

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I have to confess that although I didn't forget about the challenge, things got in the way and so I don't really have anything to show for it. Sorry, funburger!

However I would also be willing to use March as a 'second-chance' date to learn something by.

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
hey guys no harm no foul. i tried to set aside time for my piece too, but this year i have had alot going on and quit my lessons for a this month to take care of some of those things. i wont list my excuses, but lets just say its been tough this year. i actually gave my challenge piece to my teacher, and challenged her to play it:) that way she can give me pointers on it. i told her i AM going to play it regardless. she said when i am done with book 3, she will go over it with me. i think extending the deadline is a very wise choice for all of us:) i wonder how many people have just chucked their pieces out of frustration?

i know sid finished his, and its beautiful, very inspiring music!!! thumb

If it ain't fun I ain't doin' it:)
L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
Whew! Thanks funburger, but I am so sorry you gave us a reprieve due to your "tough year." I kinda know just what you mean.

That being said...I have been more than frustrated learning my piece but never, ever would chuck it out the window. It is my dream piece...and as we all know, dreams can come true.

I hope things are going better for you, funburger.

Regards,
Kathleen

O
O
I am still working on my piece and I'm thinking of posting what I have so far up, but I'm not sure if I should finish it first and post it. I'm on about page 5 out of 9, though I think the last few pages are pretty similar to what I've already learnt quite thoroughly.

I was waiting for someone to bump this thread, I knew it wasn't going to be me! laugh

L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
I'm a good bumper!

Good luck ozor mox. Sounds as if you are doing very well.

Kathleen

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission