2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1021537 11/10/04 09:36 AM
Me? In general, I want to be able to play musically. Specifically, I'd like to be able to knock out Claire DeLune, Fur Elise, and some of those Rachmaninoff etudes.
OK, that last bit is a dream, but the former ones may actually be achievable!

I played it better at home.
#1021538 11/10/04 02:39 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Bassistonkeys, I love both your avatar and your signature quote!

Mikhailoh, it's a deal! I was wondering how to make time to tool around under the moonlight in the motor-yacht to make time. :p

#1021539 11/11/04 03:15 PM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Luckychwee:
Hi Signa

I've been reading quite a no. of yr posts and looks like you are more than a beginner to me perhaps intermediate or higher. May I know how long hv u first started learning piano ?

INFINITE smile
Luckychwee, i have been playing 'piano' for little more than 3.5 years, and started on a keyboard actually. but because i didn't have to learn most of music reading or basic theory, had some knowledge of classical music before and used to play accordion long long time ago, i already had some familiarity with music and keyboard. but starting playing HT, which is quite different from playing accordion of course, was hard at the beginning. so, i pretty much taught myself playing anything since, and went through an easy piano instruction book and then went on playing some classical pieces. i wasn't really working hard on learning at the first 2 years, but forced myself to read through some books and more theory part and to play some pieces i thought were necessary in the process. starting from last year however, i began to play more seriously and since then, i have finally got through some tough pieces for beginners (like Bach's inventions) and started feeling better on my technique progress, which led me of course to learn some music maybe at the intermediate level. but i really don't think i am actually at the intermediate level yet, but to me it seems no longer unobtainable goal in near future. that's all, and i don't want to exaggerate my skills at the moment.

#1021540 11/11/04 03:32 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My goal is to be able to play Linus and Lucy by Vince Guaraldi. I have what I suppose is an "easy" arrangement, but I know it'll be a while before I can play it.

markb--The Count of Casio
#1021541 11/11/04 10:51 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My goal is to take my talent as far as I can without ever stopping. My teacher once said I am one of the most talented pianists he's ever taught, but one of the least ambitious. That was a while back, but I still find myself becoming arrogant sometimes (thankfully my mother has a way of stopping me). I love music in general and just want to keep playing for the rest of my life to the best of my ability.

#1021542 11/12/04 06:26 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Well Chick... I don't know now.. y'know I am a wind man, myself... this motor boat thing of yours... laugh laugh laugh laugh

What the h-e-double toothpicks.. it's in the Caribbean.. I'm in.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
#1021543 11/18/04 06:36 PM
My Goal, by jasper_garcia...

I aim to learn some of the nicer contemporary songs that allow themselves to be played well enough on the keyboard. I want to learn some of the really popular classical movements that we all grow up listening to in cartoons and elsewhere in pop entertainment. I'm really into theme songs from shows. Even though I'm interested in playing for myself, I'd like to be able to play things that people wont fall asleep on. For example, I really like Gymnopedie No. 1, but I doubt the average person will enjoy it the way I do. In short, better to knock two birds with one stone. Ofcourse, I'm still going to learn those classical pieces which I really want to be able to play (and share with those who would enjoy it).

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. [Salvador Dalí]
--------------------------------------------------------------
#1021544 11/19/04 03:44 PM
V
V
My initial goal when I started piano was to play Mozart's K466 Andante movement by the end of my 2nd year the way Clifford Curzon recorded it. The part about Curzon, well that wasn't originally part of the goal, it came in a dream.

Another "dream" is to play anything anyone requests, an unfathomable repetoire of show tunes, classics, blues, jazz, Brazilian jazz and of course, all of Chopin.

A goal and a dream are one and the same so long as your mind can believe, so too can it achieve. Paraphrase of a Norman Vincent Peele quote.

#1021545 11/19/04 06:47 PM
D
D
I hate to admit this as it seems so far out there.

I want to play Fantasy Impromptu by Chopin and the 3rd Movement of Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. After that I have been dreaming about Chopin's Etude 10.12

I am learning Chopin 9.2 right now and I almost, almost have it memorized.

David

AKA He who bites off more than can possibly be chewed.

David Kirkham
Kirkham Motorsports
www.kirkhammotorsports.com
I bought my piano from www.pianocraft.net
#1021546 11/19/04 07:30 PM
M
M
My short-term goal is to work my way through all the John Thompson books. Right now I'm halfway through the 4th grade book, so I've got a ways to go.

Then after I polish off the 5th grade book, my long-term goal is I plan on starting with (don't laugh) Burgmuller, and the easier bits of Chopin, Schumann, Grieg, Schubert, Beethoven. (I have promised myself that one day I *will* learn to play all three movements of the Moonlight Sonata, not just the first movement plus sorta fumbling my way through the 2nd.) I love baroque music, too, but playing it on the piano aggravates my tennis elbow (both arms), all those sixteenth notes, very problematic, so I just listen to Bach on CD.

My basic expectations are to have a good time sitting down and playing the piano, just for myself, for a half-hour or so every day. Not for public consumption, unless you count the dog, who generally goes up to the stair landing whenever she sees me pull out the piano bench. laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission