Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 33 of 37 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >
Topic Options
#1028353 - 09/02/08 05:29 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
Just thought I would share some photos from today's working day:

I work as a geographic analyst for a mapping company, and my task today was to field-check a couple of pieces of data that appeared to be wrong in our database.

All in all, that took around 5 minutes of work. BUT, I had to spend around 10 hours driving around the west of Scotland to get to my locations. Which gave me the chance to take pics (excuse the quality of images - was using phone as I left my proper camera at home \:\( )

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9631/dsc00390ar7.jpg - this is called the 'Bridge Over The Atlantic'. Not often you get to drive over an ocean!
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/918/dsc00394eu9.jpg - Loch Gilphead looking south
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3883/dsc00399nd3.jpg - a rainstorm heading in over the Atlantic
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5559/dsc00401ma3.jpg - a tough opening golf hole, where you have to hit across the ocean when the tide is in! (Machrahanish Golf Club)
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1117/dsc00396kf5.jpg - the Isle of Jura in the distance. Those mountains looked much more spectacular in real life
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7389/dsc00406np1.jpg - Loch Fyne
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4517/dsc00407es5.jpg - a nice waterfall I found.

Well, it sure beats a long day in the office \:\)

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1028354 - 09/02/08 07:12 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay area
Euan,
I absolutely love the pictures. They exude the feeling of Scotland (for me.) Thanks for posting them. My top 2 picks are the waterfall and the rainstorm coming in from the ocean.

#1028355 - 09/02/08 09:00 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Ooh, Euan, I want your job! But I gotta say I find it mighty suspicious that your database field-checking mission took you to a GOLF COURSE. ;\) \:D

#1028356 - 09/02/08 09:02 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Thanks, Euan. I used to do a Scottish country dance called The Wind on Loch Fyne, and now I know what it looks like -

Cathy

#1028357 - 09/03/08 06:47 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Monica K.:
Ooh, Euan, I want your job! But I gotta say I find it mighty suspicious that your database field-checking mission took you to a GOLF COURSE. ;\) \:D [/b]
The actual story is that I was working in the next village, when I saw a sign for that particular course. And since I had always wanted to see that golf hole, I kinda did a little 'diversion'.

#1028358 - 09/03/08 09:28 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
dannylux Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut
Great pics, Euan.

Your Loch Fyne pic reminds me of a scene from the wonderful, quirky movie Local Hero.

From Roger Ebert review:

"Here is a small film to treasure, a loving, funny, understated portrait of a small Scottish town and its encounter with a giant oil company...And what could have been a standard plot about conglomerates and ecology, etc., turns instead into a wicked study of human nature".

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn

#1028359 - 09/03/08 10:28 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Monica K. Offline

"Local Hero" is one of my all-time favorite cult movies, Mel. "quirky" is a perfect adjective for it. The movie is so good on so many levels, not least of which is the stellar soundtrack by my favorite rock musician/guitarist, Mark Knopfler.

--Monica, who is reduced to giggling just thinking about the scene with the rabbit... \:D

#1028360 - 09/03/08 11:15 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
mydnyt Offline

Loc: Philippines
Hi there! Another newbie to the forums here... \:\)
It's awesome to see all your faces behind the screen names. Not to mention all the drool worthy piano and adorable kids and pets... \:\)

I don't have that many good pics online, but here're some that I think made the cut for sharing... \:\)

Me three years ago (far right) with my bestfriend and her BF as of then...

Chocolate Hills don't look so chocolatey during november....

Me a few months ago (center) with same best friend from last pic and my other best friend

#1028361 - 09/03/08 07:48 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
KaylaX Offline

Loc: N. Cali
Great Pics!!!!!Mydnyt.....

Chocolate Mtns Eh!!!!Maybe chocolate mint!!! They look pretty interesting though....Kinda like humps in the landscape. They are kinda cool... Thanks for posting....AspenX

I like the pic with you and your bestfriends. Thats definitely scrapbook material. You guys look like a cool bunch!!!!

#1028362 - 09/03/08 11:18 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
mydnyt Offline

Loc: Philippines
Yep! The Chocolate Hills, one of our must see tourist spots. It's also where you can find Tarsiers...

I don't have a piano of my own to show you guys and my only pets are fish. One day though, I'll be owning my own baby grand. Or an upright if space is lacking... But first I have to go through college.

BTW AspenX, I saw the post where you placed your pics, but the pics wont show...

#1028363 - 09/11/08 09:33 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
AnthonyB Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Center City, MN
Here's what I actually look like for people that like faces to go along with names on the internet. \:\)

#1028364 - 10/04/08 11:55 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
Found this from my stay in NYC just after 9/11

I'm closest to camera

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1033821163035114512PAZxRD

#1028365 - 10/27/08 12:20 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
AnthonyB Offline
500 Post Club Member

I decided to take one of them "action" shots with my camera on a timer since I've got nobody else around at the moment. Don't worry too much about posture at the piano since I had to hit the button on time and get over and start playing something. \:\)

[edited to another picture. This one without the flash that made horrible shadow right under my nose on the far wall]

#1028366 - 01/15/09 06:45 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
gt7891a Offline

Loc: Acworth, GA
Alright alright. I'll come out of the woodwork too.

40-year old me

**-year old wife (she's older than me!)

7-year old Vance

2-year old Evan

#1028367 - 01/15/09 06:57 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Great pics, gt7891a!
And happpy birthday as well \:\)

(Good to see this thread come alive again)

#1028368 - 01/15/09 08:47 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Monica K. Offline

Those are great photos, gt7891a! (scratches head over login name, though... \:D )

I have to say I don't know if I've ever seen a more adorable toddler in that pic of Evan. Please tell me that most of the time he's a holy terror so I don't get too much baby envy going on here. \:D

#1028369 - 01/15/09 09:54 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
OK I'll play too, great thread with lots of great pics...

Mrs TTigg, Shannen (turned 15 yesterday!) and myself in London @ Xmas

Our Shepherds
Bali & Kanan

Zuma & Kanan

Kanan's a little bigger now!

And of course my other "baby" \:\)

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1028370 - 01/15/09 10:23 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
KaylaX Offline

Great pics TTigg!!!! That a white shepard isnt it??? I love shepards. I have a black and tan shepard. Although she is mostly black. She is the second shepard ive had. They are the greatest dogs. And what a great family, and of course, your piano is just FAB!!!!! Great photos, thanks for posting.

KaylaX

#1028371 - 01/15/09 10:58 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KaylaX:
Great pics TTigg!!!! That a white shepard isnt it??? I love shepards. I have a black and tan shepard. Although she is mostly black. She is the second shepard ive had. They are the greatest dogs. And what a great family, and of course, your piano is just FAB!!!!! Great photos, thanks for posting.

KaylaX [/b]
Thanks,
Yep all 3 are white shepherds. Bali is more "cream" she's the oldest. Zuma (middle) is way more white and Kanen is the first boy and he's also very white..

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1028372 - 01/15/09 11:21 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
KaylaX Offline

#1028373 - 01/15/09 02:26 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
AnthonyB Offline
500 Post Club Member

Nice new pictures.

Happy birthday gt7891a.

For a while there I thought I had somehow killed the thread. ;\)

#1028374 - 01/15/09 02:48 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Kymber Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: MA
Awww.
Cute dog pictures.
I miss having a pet \:\(

#1028375 - 01/15/09 03:07 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay area
gt7891a and TTig,
Great to see you and your families. Piano players are a great looking bunch!

(Kayla,
I pm'ed you about how to reduce the size of your picture.)

#1028376 - 01/15/09 04:49 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Betty Patnude Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Puyallup, Washington
Dear 40 Year Old Me,

Nice photos of your family! Great kids! I like their "van" names very clever.

Is that a birthday cake for today?

If so, happiest of happiest!

Glad the thread is back!

Betty

#1028377 - 01/17/09 08:45 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
gt7891a Offline

Loc: Acworth, GA
Thanks to everybody for the comments regarding our mug shots. And yes, I just turned 40 on Thursday. I think it's supposed to be a big deal, but I felt just like I did on Wednesday. \:\)

Monica[/b]

Yes Evan's a terror. And a politician/schmoozer. Although he's older now, the boy can still work a room full of adults and get whatever he wants. Also, my userId on PW is the original userId I was assigned at Georgia Tech when I enrolled as a freshman back in 1992 -- hence, the 'gt'.

Betty[/b]

Congrats on being the first ever[/b] to recognize that pattern in our boys names. It really was inadvertent on our part, but when my wife and I realized what we'd done, we thought it was funny. When we explain it to our friends, they just stare at us. I don't think they get it.

-David-

#1028378 - 01/20/09 04:47 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!!
Toddo Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia.
It's about time I joined into the longest thread ever too I suppose. Here's a couple of pics of mine.

The first is with one of my favourite Pianists of all time, Vladimir Ashkenazy. I've been inspired by him since I was about 15 years old when I first heard his records (yep that's right, back in the good old days of vinyl) of the Beethoven Piano Sonatas. Back then I never dreamt that I'd actually get to meet and work with him.

The second pic is my piano which I've had for about 20 years at my parents place but couldn't fit into my home until I moved last month.
it deserves this effort."

Ludwig van Beethoven 1770-1827

Piano: Yamaha U3E

#1355714 - 01/22/10 05:47 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Toddo]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Loc: Arkansas
(Forgive me while I revive an old thread)

So I've been occasionally popping in and out of this forum for nearly 4 years now, and I've never posted any pictures, but I just stumbled upon this thread while glancing over the "Important Topics on the ABF" sticky again. Here goes nothing...

Here's me, taken about a month ago:

Here's my dog, also taken about a month ago:

Here's my old broken down piano, taken a few days ago:

As much as I disliked this piano, I wasn't the one to break the keys. My little cousin and some of my sister's friends were over when I was not at home one day and I guess they decided it'd be a good idea to goof off on it, they broke a handful of important keys, at which point I figured "whatever, it's a cheap piece of junk anyways" and let them keep playing with it whenever they wanted, the result of which can clearly be seen by the many missing keys. I have no idea how they managed to do this, short of literally hammering their fists on them (I wasn't ever around when they broke them so never saw how they did it), but I'd been plunking down on those keys for a couple of years (pretty hard sometimes) and never caused any damage. It's been missing keys now for about a year or so. Personally I've never broken a single key on any piano.

Here's my new piano, also taken a few days ago:

You can be sure that no kids will be playing on this one, this is for me and me alone! I'll not stand for any more broken instruments. shocked

I also realize that it's best not to have it over a vent but my room is completely crowded with stuff and I have nowhere else to put it (in my room I have 2 pianos, a full-size bed, a TV, an Xbox, a shelf full of DVDs, my desktop PC, and a dresser. It was pure luck that I was able to squeeze all of this into one small room). The vent is closed though and not much gets out of it but I still plan on putting a square of carpet or something over it to completely block it off sometime.

So there you have it! I guess one of the reasons I stopped showing up and didn't participate in more recitals is because my old piano is junk and I didn't enjoy playing it, and I especially didn't enjoy making everyone suffer through hearing it. The new one sounds fantastic though, and as soon as my audio cables come in the mail (to plug directly into the line-in port on my computer) I can start recording again and you can count on me for future recitals. smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherSchmoe

#1355724 - 01/22/10 06:04 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: AnotherSchmoe]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
I was thinking about this thread just the other day. Thanks for updating it. I bet you'll love that new piano -

Hm. Some of us have, maybe, aged since this thread was started :\

Cathy

#1355728 - 01/22/10 06:09 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: AnotherSchmoe]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Can't believe that nobody posted any pictures for a whole year - good work renewing the thread, Schmoe. The new piano looks great, hope to see you in some future recitals with it smile

This was taken in 2008, I forced encouraged my friends to get a picture outside the Bosendorfer shop in Munich, Germany. Me with sunglasses on, next to friends who don't have the piano-addiction and would rather not be wasting valuable beer time on photos!

#1355745 - 01/22/10 06:39 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: AnotherSchmoe]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: AnotherSchmoe

Here's my dog, also taken about a month ago:

I can't tell because of the flash on the eyes, but is that a White Shepherd also? Certainly looks like one thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

Page 33 of 37 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (accordeur, Al LaPorte, Alex-SapRenovation, 43 invisible), 1882 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75574 Members
42 Forums
156262 Topics
2294818 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Proper chunking method
by Edtek
07/29/14 03:10 PM
Lamp for Piano
by DancerJ
07/29/14 03:08 PM
Sonatina in G
by Ritzycat
07/29/14 03:06 PM
schulze pollmann upright piano SP-114/p4
by how0425
07/29/14 03:01 PM
Looking for my next piece
by Mallory
07/29/14 02:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission