Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 34 of 37 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 >
Topic Options
#1355777 - 01/22/10 07:23 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: TTigg]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Originally Posted By: TTigg

I can't tell because of the flash on the eyes, but is that a White Shepherd also? Certainly looks like one thumb
- SC

We're not entirely sure what she is, we found her at a Petco store as a puppy about 6-7 years ago, the people running the dog adoptions that day said she'd been found wandering the streets of the city all alone out there (I live in a small town out in the country now, about 3 hours away from where we adopted her) so they took her in and brought her there and that's how we found her. We went in for a Guinea Pig but came out with only a dog, hehe, I'm glad for it though.

We think she's some kind of Great Pyrenees / Shepherd mix, though I'm not sure what kind of Shepherd. She has double dew-claws on both of her back paws though and we think that's from the Pyrenees. She's the sweetest dog we've ever had though, not once in her entire life has she ever growled or shown teeth to anyone, animal or human, with one exception (my grandmother's little dog, which we were babysitting, which kept biting at her face until finally after a couple of days of putting up with it she growled). Your dogs are beautiful by the way!

Here's a couple more pics since we're on the subject.

About a year ago:

Same day:

Lol, here she is kissing my sister, also the same day:

And here she is shortly after we adopted her, probably sometime in 2003:

Same day:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherSchmoe

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1355790 - 01/22/10 07:47 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: AnotherSchmoe]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Gorgeous! thanks for sharing the additional pics. I'm not sure either (tail is for sure throwing me off) but the nose/face & build is 100% Shepherd, no doubt about that thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1355796 - 01/22/10 08:03 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: TTigg]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Thanks! Nice Seinfeld quote in the signature by the way. smile

I got the DVDs for Christmas and have been watching them like crazy, just finished Season 5 the other day.

#1355839 - 01/22/10 09:19 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Euan Morrison]
D4v3 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Euan!

I used to live in Scotland for a few years, in Glasgow and Aberdeen

Some of my compositions

#1355894 - 01/22/10 11:06 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: D4v3]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
AnotherSchmoe, I cannot believe that you were playing piano for so long on that worthless pile of junk well-worn and well-loved spinet. eek I can readily imagine your delight at playing your beautiful new piano!

btw, I don't think the vent is as big an issue with digitals; unless your heat is really unregulated and it's blasting hot enough to damage the electronics, you should be fine.

Euan, great pic of you and the piano store, though I find it hard to believe that the best piano they could find to display in their window was a white upright!?!?

#1355901 - 01/22/10 11:19 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: OperaTenor]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
just wanted to bring this to the light of day.

OT - I don't know if you'll see this.. I didn't know you had a bird!

Originally Posted By: OperaTenor
More pics of the clan at the OT household:

My feathered companion of almost 20 years:

He's a "harlequin" macaw I got when he was 8 months old. He thinks I'm his daddy.

My motorcycle:

My lovely wife and daughter(that's not the best photo of my wife - she's gorgeous!):

Another photo of our daughter:

Here's me with some of the guys from Lohengrin for real:

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1355908 - 01/22/10 11:28 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Monica K.]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Monica K.
Well, I have one all-important question before I hop into that pool, swimming suit or not: Where are the llamas and is there any llama poop in the water? eek

that's another to revisit

Monica, you're so funny

Edited by apple* (01/22/10 11:28 PM)

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1355939 - 01/23/10 12:13 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Monica K.]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

AnotherSchmoe, I cannot believe that you were playing piano for so long on that worthless pile of junk well-worn and well-loved spinet. eek I can readily imagine your delight at playing your beautiful new piano!

btw, I don't think the vent is as big an issue with digitals; unless your heat is really unregulated and it's blasting hot enough to damage the electronics, you should be fine.

Hehe, yeah I can hardly believe it myself! I guess I'm just a bit of a miser, I cringe at making large purchases even when I can readily afford them if I already have something that will (in my twisted mind) do the job, even if it is of profoundly lesser quality, and I have a tendency to not replace things until they are literally crumbling to dust! LOL, terrible I know.

I'm ecstatic about the new piano though, aside from Raindrop Prelude (the only piece that I knew which I still almost had enough keys to properly play) I haven't been playing at all for the last 5-6 months, I don't know why I didn't just buy a replacement sooner, just procrastinating I guess. Then last week it suddenly hit me to just go ahead and DO IT, bite the bullet and order, and I'm very glad that I did. I was starting to forget just how much fun playing piano (and this forum) can be. Thankfully it's all coming back to me rather quickly, and Raindrop Prelude kept my fingers nimble enough during my hiatus to keep me from falling completely out of the game. In tune or out of tune, on grand or on spinet, you can always count on Chopin!

I love the sound of the new piano and I'm very anxious to start recording, but I've got to wait on my audio cables to come in the mail (ordered some from Amazon, thanks to Mahlzeit for the digital recording tutorial). As soon as they get here I'll start recording, this way I can plug the piano directly into the line-in port on my PC and get good stereo sound quality out of it. I'm sure it will sound a lot better than if I had just kept recording with my camera's microphone. The only thing about the DP that I'm not crazy about are the built-in speakers, they're not very powerful and it sounds kind of muffled coming out of it, so I just wear headphones most of the time (sounds great in those).

Thanks for keeping my seat warm! I'm happy to be involved once again. smile

P.S.
The vent doesn't get very warm at all, and with it closed you can barely feel the air seeping out. Thanks for the tip though, I didn't think it'd be as much of an issue as it would be with an acoustic but I wasn't sure. Oh, and the picture isn't entirely up to date, I also ordered a Yamaha FC3 pedal (the one seen in the picture is an FC4), and it came in the day after I took that photo. The FC4 is fine but the FC3 feels sturdier and I have to push on it a little more to get it down all the way, it feels more like a grand piano pedal, plus it has half-pedal capability. So despite the numbering, the FC3 is the superior pedal. So I've got the FC4 hooked up in the auxiliary pedal port and I'll be using it as a soft pedal for those uncommon occasions in which it is called for (like during the Raindrop Prelude, interestingly enough!)

#1355970 - 01/23/10 01:12 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: AnotherSchmoe]
HappyApple Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA
Congrats on your new piano, Schmoe! You really did need it! Monica...too funny!

And Schmoe, your puppy is adorable. I bet she is so sweet! I love dogs. My piano tuner raises German Shepherds. He has some beautiful dogs. I love the white ones the best. And Great Pyrenees are such good dogs. Whatever she is; she is perfect.

here is the link to his site
www.rosehallkennel.com

And here is my stupid picture!

1970 Baldwin Hamilton

#1356063 - 01/23/10 05:27 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Monica K.]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh

Euan, great pic of you and the piano store, though I find it hard to believe that the best piano they could find to display in their window was a white upright!?!?

I actually have a larger version of the photo, so I googled the street name... and the first hit was another post on PW!

Originally Posted By: mjs
Dealerships in Munich:

Klavier Hirsch at Sendlinger Tor (actually on Lindwurmstr.) -- Bösendorfer, Blüthner, Schimmel, Kawai (incl. Shigeru Kawai)

So that was back in 2007, when mjs was embarking on a piano purchase in Munchen.

I never went into the store, so I just assumed it was pure Bosendorfer. But yes, they could have done better than a white upright in the window smile

#1356254 - 01/23/10 12:03 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Euan Morrison]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Since we are in the company of dog lovers, I would like to introduce my two "girls".
Rene, Patti & "Dog Daddy".

#1356387 - 01/23/10 02:40 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Strings & Wood]
HappyApple Offline

Originally Posted By: Strings & Wood
Since we are in the company of dog lovers, I would like to introduce my two "girls".

So cute!

1970 Baldwin Hamilton

#1356391 - 01/23/10 02:42 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: HappyApple]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Ah, S&W, that looks like a humongous fireplace. My friends had a 2-story stone fireplace and we used it as a climbing wall.

Cathy

#1356413 - 01/23/10 03:05 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: gt7891a]
saerra Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: gt7891a
Also, my userId on PW is the original userId I was assigned at Georgia Tech when I enrolled as a freshman back in 1992 -- hence, the 'gt'.

-David-

David! I think we were at Tech at the same time! How weird is that - I went in '92, and got out in late '96 (CS). What are the odds, eh? wink

#1356524 - 01/23/10 06:26 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: saerra]
DaveInMichigan Offline

Loc: SE Michigan
Wow, I didn't realize this thread existed at all. Just saw it today, and after reading 101 pages I thought I should post my picture too. smile

I joined the forum about 1 year ago. I am a re-beginner, i.e. I studied some electronic organ and just a little piano when I was small. Then I started taking lessons though I never completely stopped playing here and there. I am restarted my practice last year on my own (no teacher right now).

After I joined the forum, I have been asking questions like fingering, interpretation, and Moonlight Sonata questions. Then I stopped posting by the end of October because I had an emergency and open-heart surgery!

This picture was taken 2 months after surgery when I went back to the Church for the first time after surgery. The youth group painted the painting that day and gave it to me. Weren't they sweet?!

#1356530 - 01/23/10 06:32 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: DaveInMichigan]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Oh wow, glad you are doing well Dave! And yes that was very sweet! smile

#1356534 - 01/23/10 06:35 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: DaveInMichigan]
Strings & Wood Offline

Dave,
It is great to have you back and that is a terrific looking group! Hope all is well with you now.
Carl

#1356537 - 01/23/10 06:38 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: jotur]
Strings & Wood Offline

Originally Posted By: jotur
Ah, S&W, that looks like a humongous fireplace. My friends had a 2-story stone fireplace and we used it as a climbing wall.

Cathy

laugh

#1356586 - 01/23/10 07:33 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Strings & Wood]
BlueBKLYN Offline

Loc: NYC
Here are my cats.

Bijou:

Nishi:

#1356622 - 01/23/10 08:22 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: BlueBKLYN]
al-mahed Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Rio de Janeiro
that's my face eek

it's a picture took in my last vacations in US

Working on: music

#1356629 - 01/23/10 08:34 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: lewisslp]
al-mahed Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Rio de Janeiro
3hearts

Originally Posted By: lewisslp
And here is me, the blonde on the far right between the two men. Left to right, Grandma, mother, aunt, father, me, uncle.

Working on: music

#1356687 - 01/23/10 10:00 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Strings & Wood]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: Strings & Wood

You sure as hell are smile - very cute indeed thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1356907 - 01/24/10 08:37 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: TTigg]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Carmel, Indiana
OK, I've read the instructions on how to post a picture, but all I can get in the post is the link to the file boxnet, not the actual picture. What am I doing wrong?
www.larrylarsonpiano.com
YouTubeChannel www.youtube.com/LarryLarsonPiano

#1356949 - 01/24/10 09:59 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Larry Larson]
DaveInMichigan Offline

Loc: SE Michigan
Larry, I think boxnet is for file storage only. You need a photo site like PhotoBucket.com or Flickr.com. Both are free.

#1356962 - 01/24/10 10:21 AM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: DaveInMichigan]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: DaveInMichigan
Larry, I think boxnet is for file storage only. You need a photo site like PhotoBucket.com or Flickr.com. Both are free.

thanks dave.
www.larrylarsonpiano.com

#1357999 - 01/25/10 07:27 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Larry Larson]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

OK, I finally got this picture thing figured out!

www.larrylarsonpiano.com

#1358002 - 01/25/10 07:29 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Larry Larson]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

this is my daughter kaitlin.

www.larrylarsonpiano.com

#1358036 - 01/25/10 08:13 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: Larry Larson]
bajadock Offline

Loc: Baja California

My introductory photo is the view of my front "yard" on the south side of Ensenada Bay. Yes, I have many distractions from my beginning piano lessons.

Though I don't attempt to defend safety issues here in Mexico, it is a very safe and peaceful place in my 'hood. The waves provide wonderful accompaniment.

#1358078 - 01/25/10 09:04 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: bajadock]
HappyApple Offline

Hey Larry. You look like a 'very handsome' Billy Bob; not like in Slingblade! ha

And your daughter looks alot like my step-daughter when she was young! Very pretty!

1970 Baldwin Hamilton

#1358082 - 01/25/10 09:06 PM Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! [Re: bajadock]
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Wow bajadock I am just about speechless! What a stellar view!!

Page 34 of 37 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Staying in one position for too long - tension
by DeadPoets
10/22/14 06:07 AM
Cleaning strings
by PhilipInChina
10/22/14 05:10 AM
recording digital piano
by johan d
10/22/14 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
10/22/14 01:10 AM
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
10/21/14 11:51 PM
Who's Online
91 registered (anamnesis, 36251, Al LaPorte, ando, A Guy, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1344 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158409 Topics
2326296 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission