Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
87 registered (Anita Potter, anamnesis, ando, accordeur, Almaviva, 24 invisible), 1340 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1034742 - 02/15/07 10:39 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I have a whole page of notes that I was going to write up and post tonight, but I left them at my office.

So here's some comments on just a few pieces, chosen because they're my favorite genre/composers.

kawaigirl[/b]: As amazed as I am at your "learn an Einaudi piece perfectly per week" thing, THIS piece had my jaw dropping. I own this Philip Glass album and play it often, and I can't imagine playing it myself for, oh, another 5 years. You did a terrific job with it, capturing that minimalist bittersweet sense of Glass's so well. This may end up being my nominee for "Best of Show." \:\)

stephenc[/b]: Listening to "Edgewater" gave me PTSD, not because of your playing--which was fantastic--but because it brought back all my "Edgewater" study group guilt for dropping this piece when I just could NOT get this piece going any faster than a funeral dirge. You, on the other hand, have clearly nailed all those tricky rhythms and have it sounding terrific. Congratulations!

Euan[/b]: I have you to thank for being introduced to the beautiful work of Yann Tiersen. This piece sounds MUCH more complicated than "Comptine..." At one part, in fact, I could have sworn you were playing with three hands at once. \:D Beautiful!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1034743 - 02/15/07 10:49 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
 Quote:
Originally posted by NancyM333:
Monica: How in the world did you get such a great recording of a long piece like that? [/b]
Thanks, Nancy. I find this hard to believe myself, but the version you're listening to was the FIRST and only time I tried recording it! It's actually kind of funny. I had originally planned to submit an Einaudi piece, but I had attempted roughly 684 takes with nary a keeper. One day after starting to feel frustrated, I just said to myself, "take a break, play a different piece, and try again later." So I decided to play the Winston piece and pressed the red dot almost as a whim just because I had the Zoom out. I was as surprised as any of you when the end of the piece approached and I realized I had not made any tremendous mistakes. I think maybe because I never dreamed I would actually record a decent take I was more relaxed and could pull it off.

#1034744 - 02/16/07 12:01 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Sarah M Offline

Loc: California
Thank you everyone, for your comments so far, they are appreciated.

Nancy, to answer your question, yes, I think it's pretty close to what it sounded like when I played it before. When I first learned it, it was slower but I kept playing it and speeding it up on my own after finishing it with my teacher, and pretty much played it on and off until I quit piano. It sounds 3 times more difficult than it actually is. The only real tricky part is learning the 3 vs. 4 coordination in the beginning and end sections. That can take some time if you're not used to it. But other than that it's not too bad at all.

#1034745 - 02/16/07 12:02 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Sarah M Offline

Okay, I listened to all the performances over the last two nights. It was a great recital.

1 - Kawaigirl - I love Phillip Glass! A very haunting melody and you really brought it out well. Great choice, I enjoyed it so much. This is the first recital I've participated in but I've gone back and heard past recitals and I enjoyed your nevue pieces as well.

2 - Lisztener - I really got into this piece listening to you play it. It just sounded really real and sincere when you played it. I really loved it. You're Steinway sounds great by the way, I'm jealous.

3 - Michelle - What a beautiful piece and you played it so well and with such feeling. I think Aaron Copland is one of those composers that's hard to pull off but you did very well. I'm impressed. BTW I never knew there was such a thing as sonata camp, sounds cool.

4 - Seaside Lee - Your playing has so much feeling, I can't believe it. It's like you're speaking to people's souls. I'm not sure what this pianomagic thing is but if that's what you used to learn then I've got to check it out. It's awesome you're playing it for your dad too, that's what music is all about, reaching out and touching people.

5 - loveschopintoomuch - Kathleen I'm shocked you didn't play Chopin, lol. This is a great piece and I think you definitely did it justice. The timing is perfect. I always think these well-known pieces are hard to play well but you played it beautifully. It was awesome. You really are a fine pianist who has a lot to say.

6 - Luigi - You have a wonderful touch, it's just perfect. And the medley is terrific, you picked the right pieces and they almost seemed seamless. I really felt the music and your playing was excellent. I'm a fan.

7 – Super-hunky - This is amazing for 2 years of playing, I dare say you have a gift. And this neo-classical thing is starting to grow on me after hearing your performance. Your phrasing was really great. Sounded perfect to me. Bravo!

8 - Monica - Wow, you have a very expressive way of playing, it's really impressive. It takes such concentration to get throught a 9 minute piece, and you did so well! I haven't heard too much Winston before but I really like this one. It really spoke to me, at least with the way you played it. I don't know what you mean about the technical challenges, I thought you sailed right through it.

9- Copper - I always thought this piece was so pretty and I really liked your version. I think you had the dynamics right on. I really felt your love for the piece and it came through. It was really beautiful. It was like pure, heartfelt music and I really enjoyed it.

10 - joemoshi - I felt the tango rhythm for sure! That was so much fun to listen to and I appreciated it. I think you played it perfectly and with a lot of spirit.

11 - Peter – This sounded really wonderful. Very clean playing, which is exactly what’s needed for this type of piece. Great job!

12 - Ragnhild: I really loved how you played this! It really sounded like you knew exactly where you wanted to go and everything fell into place so well. I also liked your dynamics, it was not overdone and it was just right. Really beautiful.

13- Vincentime: That was definitely well done, and sounds much better than when I played it. Every note was played so clearly and you did the ornaments and trills perfectly. Very crisp, I liked it!

14 - dannylux - Wow, that sounded very impressive, I really liked it. You did a great job bringing out the right elements in each of the sections. I liked your tempo too, any faster and it would have just sounded like a rat race. It was just right, Very spirited too. I think I understand this fit of passion thing better now. lol.

15 - Euclid - That was great, it put me in a very thoughtful mood. You captured the essence of the music really masterfully. It sounded really fresh too. I'm sure these pieces are a huge hit with all your family and friends. If not, they should be!

16 - Sandy Moore – I couldn't reach the server.  I will try again later.

17 - Jon Gray - I really felt this one, it really connected with me. You really brought out the music well. I didn't find it plodding at all - or maybe you just played it so well that it didn't seem that way to me. Congrats!

18 - Craig - I couldn't find the beethoven piece on your page but I heard your other stuff and it's just amazing! It was so great it inspired me and made me want to take up singing too!

19 - Ozor Mox – I’m not too familiar with this song but I thought your tempo was just right. It sounded passionate and you definitely have a good command of the piece. Really nice. Thanks.

20 - Stephenc - You really played this with lots of feeling. It really touched me. I am really starting to like Jim Brickman. I'm sure he would be pleased with this performance. Good job. I might even learn this one myself, that's how much I liked it. See, you inspired me!

21 - DeepElem - Incredible, this after 8 months? You obviously have some natural talent. I love your dynamics and phrasing on this one. You really bring out some great expressions. Truly beautiful. You are awesome.

22 - Euan Morrison - Your playing definitely spoke to me, it was very heartfelt. I never saw the movie Amelie but I could see how this would be perfect music for a romantic or passionate scene. Nice playing!

23 – Serge88 - A really great song with a pretty melody. I loved the colors you brought out on this piece. It sounded almost bittersweet and melancholy. Very refreshing and musical.

24 - Mike White - Very nicely done. The dynamics on this piece were spot on and your playing was very crisp and clean. Good job!

25 - Laura D - This sounds like so much fun. I'm still not sure how you even coordinate 6 hands on a piano but you all did a great job because it sounded wonderful. Thanks for this nice contribution!

26 - Jazzyprof - What a great choice for the recital love theme. I understand this is quite a difficult piece and you played it very well. It was full of feeling. Terrific.

27 - Daria - I think you play really well Daria, I like your sense of rhythm a lot. I can feel it coming through yet it's not overdone. You've made me a fan of this piece with your beautiful playing.

28 - Dennis - Very smooth playing. You play it in a really classy sounding way. Your playing is really soulful and it's pleasant to hear you play. I really enjoyed it. You say it's not perfect but it sounded great to me!

29 - Nighteyes - I like the second one too and you play it beautifully. It really is expressive and you play it with the right amount of passion. I liked all 3 though, and I think you play them all well. Thanks for sharing.

30 - Piano Again - Great job, piano again. I like your interpretation of this piece very much. I've heard it many times but you definitely make it sound fresh.

31 - Triryche - Nice playing, very clean, clear, and confident. You technique sounds very solid. Nicely done.

32 - Mahlzeit - I applaud you for playing like you felt it instead of just slavishly following the expression markings. It sounded great so you definitely know how to interpret music. I enjoyed it a lot, thanks.

33 - Peyton - I love carnaval, and 'chopin' is one of my favorites from that work. You played it with so much expression, it really was terrific. I agree with the tempo you picked too, it's just right for this piece. Great!

34 - LisztAddict - I've come to expect professional quality playing from you and you certainly didn't disappoint. I haven't heard this piece in years so it was a treat to hear it played by someone as good as you. Bravo.

35 - Mary Rose - Thanks for the background on the piece. I think you captured the mood really well. I loved the way you played it - it was a completely new interpretation to me and now that I know the backstory it sounds perfect to my ears. You have a really nice touch. It's soft and soothing and yet clear at the same time. I really liked it.

36 - Sarah M - Who are you? And why are you playing the same piece as me?

37 - Ishmael – Another nice Nevue piece. You played it very smoothly and you sound like a natural. Great touch - an amazing job for 10 months.

38 – IrishMak – This was beautiful. It was also very relaxing and comforting. I think you played it excellently.

39 – Bluemarine – Wow, this is a gem. I don’t think I’ve heard it before but it sounds wonderful. You played it with such feeling too. Thanks!

40 – Schubertian – This is one of my favorite nocturnes and your pacing was excellent. Great use of rubato and I loved your interpretation. Very passionate!

41 – NancyM333 – Wow, such a fun piece, it made me feel like dancing. I bet people love hearing you play this. You definitely have a great sense of rhythm and it comes through well in this piece. Very uplifting performance, thanks!

42 – Debussy20 – That’s amazing that you can just pick up a piece and learn it so quickly! You definitely have talent. I liked your phrasing on this a lot. I also liked the slowed-down, slightly melancholy take on it.

43 – C7 Player – I’m glad you submitted this even if it wasn’t your #1 choice. I thought it was very good, and your tempo was just right. Nice contribution, for sure!

44 – DragonPlayer – Terrific selection and I really enjoyed your version of it. It was a very crisp and solid performance.

45 - Alvaro – Very nice and fluid! Just 1 year 4 months too! I’m very impressed with your smooth, even playing. Great job!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!

#1034746 - 02/16/07 01:14 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
AdagioM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Oregon
Kawaigirl1: Nice job! I liked it where it starts to sparkle. You have great control over it. Very different than music I usually listen to; thank you for the introduction.

Lisztener: Beautiful! What problem with the Red Dot? Sounds great!

AdagioM: Where have I heard that before?

Seaside Lee: Very nice. You are a great example of PianoMagic success.

LovesChopinTooMuch: You have a very nice feel for this piece. I can feel you “breathing” it; you are so expressive. The notes are easy, but the interpretation is difficult. You nailed it!

LuigiV: Very lovely, singing tone.

Mr. S-H: Nice! But I want to hear your acoustic piano, too, so figure out your room acoustics, already! (This music younger than 200 years old is so foreign to me, but I like how you play it.)

Monica Kern: Sweeeeeet! You play so beautifully, and you haven’t been at piano all that long. Maybe accordian lessons are in order for all of us?

Copper: Fur Elise is not a beginner’s piece! Maybe the A section is, but the entire piece is rated at a level 7 in Jane Magrath’s “Pianist’s Guide to Standard Teaching and Performance Literature.” So you’re doing well. Keep at it. Nice job!

Joemoshi: I wanna dance! Very fun piece; I enjoyed listening to you.

Peter: Sweet piece, and you play it well.

Ragnhild: Very nice piece, and nicely done. I’m not a big Bach fan, but I like this a lot.

Vincentime: You play this with sparkle and verve. Nice!

Dannylux (Mel): Well played! I’m not familiar with this piece, but I love how some of even sounds jazzy. Chopin is amazing.

Funky_Fred: Really nice, happy music. I feel like I’m in the piano bar, and I have to tip you in the brandy snifter!

Sandy Moore: Sweet piece, sweetly played. Nice!

Jon Gray: You accomplished your goal with variations in tempo and dynamics. Nicely done.

Craig: couldn’t find your Beethoven on mySpace?

Ozor Mox: Really nicely played. You sound like you’ve been playing a lot longer than 3 years.

Stephenc: Two years?! Okay, you whippersnappers are getting to me! Great work.

Deepelem (Buck): You play this with great fluidity and feeling. Eight months is not a long time, and you’ve really got something going there.

Euan Morrison: Not familiar with this piece, but you play it as if you own it. Nice!

Serge88: This was one of my favorite songs as a teen, because of the piano (this was way before my piano life). I like how you’ve slowed it down and made it even more ballad-like.

Mike White: Awesome! You can play by ear and read, too? You are a total package!

Laura D: Fun polka! I used to love playing duets with my kids, and this captures that kind of joy. (kids no longer play piano, but younger one has whizzed past his parents on guitar…)

Jazzyprof: This is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

Daria: Really pretty; I can see snow falling gently as you play.

TX-Dennis: If you were nervous, I sure didn’t hear it. You sound like you’re enjoying yourself!

Nighteyes: I’m not familiar with this composer at all. I like the contrasting characters of the minuets.

Piano Again: Chopin nocturnes are so hard. You play this one very nicely.

Triryche: You’ve done a lot with your 9 months experience.

Mahlzeit: This is beautiful. How were you able to transpose it from Gm to Am? Did you have help or are you a theory whiz already? Great work!

Peyton: Schumann, so beautiful, so complex. I can clearly hear the voice I’m supposed to hear. Lovely!

LisztAddict: I love this piece, and I love the sound of this piano. What kind of piano are you playing? Very nice playing. The trills and cascading runs are impressive!

Mary Rose: This is one of my favorite pieces ever; I played it at Sonata camp last fall. I love all the different moods in the piece. Did you play this piece before, or did you just start it this fall? Either way, it’s impressive work!

Sarah M: You play this beautifully, so lush and gorgeous. Your fingers remember! Your piano sounds nice, too.

Ishmael: Nicely done.

Mary Alice (IrishMak): Slow, contemplative, your tempo fits the piece.

BlueMarine: No red dot jitters for you! Well done.

Schubertian: You play this well; thanks for sharing it.

NancyM333: Fun! I’ve always wanted to know: why 333 in your screen name?

Debussy20: Matt, I worked on this piece for weeks before it sounded as good as your one day adventure!

C7Player: Great job! You sound like you’re having fun. And I’m glad you went out to dinner. Good choice.

DragonPianoPlayer: Welcome back to piano! Hope to hear more from you in the next recital.

AQP_87: Wonderful playing! I hope you’ve been playing longer than a year and 4 months total, to be able to pull that off.

Congratulations to all participants; I really enjoyed listening.

Cheers, Michele

http://pdxknitterati.com

#1034747 - 02/16/07 01:25 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
AdagioM Offline
500 Post Club Member

And a few replies:

Mr. S-H: Glad you liked it! Did you know that Manilow's "Could It Be Magic" is Chopin's Prelude in C minor? Love those big chords!

mdp1w (Daria?): I record with my laptop, a mono mic plugged into the mic jack, and Audacity freeware. Very simple setup. I hang the mic (it's a stick mic) from the prop stick of my Weinbach grand, lid all the way up. That's it! Some day I'll figure out how to do stereo, but this works fine for now.

Sarah M: Sonata camp is responsible for my being piano obsessed! When I went the first time in 2000, I'd only been playing 2 years. My husband sent me as a surprise birthday gift. I met some wonderful piano friends there, and they have been a big part of my life ever since. If I hadn't met them, I wonder if I would have stuck with piano back then? The incentive of getting to go to camp every year is a big motivator! www.sonatina.com look at the adult camps.

BTW, I listened to your piece last night (even though I haven't written about it yet), and loved it. Welcome back to piano!

#1034748 - 02/16/07 03:19 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Damz Offline

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Sarah M I'm glad that you ended up submiting the piece you wanted even if you knew there was a chance I would send in the same one, as I ended up not submiting anything. I guess I'll be the only one saying the lame "sorry, I didn't manage", in the end... I'm not proud of me but I was at the last minute and couldn't borrow my brother's laptop in time... blah blah I know, that's no good excuse. Anyway, there was plenty of submissions without mine !

I thought you played the FI great, I especially liked the central part which was very expressive with all the rubato you used. Also, on the repeat of the broken octaves passage you did a good job at bringing out the pinky, I have a hard time doing this. Oh, and your chromatic runs were perfect ! \:\)

#1034749 - 02/16/07 03:39 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Sarah M Offline

Thanks Damz! I missed you in the recital - I was wondering what happened. Sorry you couldn't make it but you should steal your brother's laptop and post something in the piano bar when you get a chance. \:\) I've only heard a little of your playing but you sound good and I'm sure we'd love to hear more.

#1034750 - 02/16/07 04:31 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Ragnhild Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Norway
In addition to my first post (hope it's ok) I just want to give a rose to all the Chopin players :

Dannylux, Mike White, PianoAgain, LisztAddict, Sarah M, Schubertian, Matt and Alvaro.

You are so technically good, all of you, so much of your playing seems to me almost professsional to me. I don't think I will ever be able to play Chopin decently ;\)

A rose also to the eminent Liszt players : Lisztener and Jazzyproof !

And a question, Luigi about your beautiful "Kinderscenen", the first is "Von främden Länder und Menschen", but what is the second and third ?

(added) I have had some more time to listen and Mahlzeit, the level of difficulty really is of no importance, your playing is touching beautiful. And so is "Edgewater", Stephenc !
And Nighteyes, your fast progress is just impressive and I really like the third minuet.

Ragnhild

#1034751 - 02/16/07 05:00 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
mahlzeit Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Netherlands
 Quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Mahlzeit: This is beautiful. How were you able to transpose it from Gm to Am? Did you have help or are you a theory whiz already? Great work![/b]
Thanks, Michele. Transposing is really easy when you buy from one of those online sheet music stores. They give you the score and you can click a button to transpose it up or down and then you buy it that way. \:\)

#1034752 - 02/16/07 07:09 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Well congratulations everyone!! I missed this recital, but hopefully I'll make the next one. In the meantime, I have everyone's inspiring recordings to listen to! Thank you all for sharing your music!

Kawaigirl[/b], Brava! What a performance, and 8 minutes! Wow! I have long been interested in Philip Glass. That piece sounds like it would be very demanding to play, with all those elements that are repeating, it would be very easy to lose one's place, or to slip up, but you certainly didn't have that problem! Brava! Did you memorize it all? If you played from memory, how did you know where you were in the music? I'm now dying to see the score now! \:\) So, I have to ask, how make takes did you do for this recording? (I think it would have taken me about a million! \:\) )

Lisztner[/b] I love the Consolations, and you played this one beautifully! I've looked at the score before and thought "maybe in a few years." Great job!

AdagioM[/b] very nice, I don't know this piece, but the way you play it makes it fit the title perfectly. The rich chords that seem to expand as the piece develops are really compelling, I can see why you wanted to bring it back to your fingers!

I hope to get a chance to listen to more recordings soon!

#1034753 - 02/16/07 08:26 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Les Koltvedt Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canton, MI
Has there been a "ZIP" file made for the recital yet... not tryin to push ya Bob[/b] ...really. Just want to know if I should spend the time dl each song or if there was a shortcut...
PTG Associate

#1034754 - 02/16/07 08:37 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Babs_ Offline

Loc: Gulf Coast
I am still waiting for my left 2 burnt pianofingers to heal but I couldnt resisit typing with all my good pianofingers, you are all just too darn good!

Here are all the ones I've listened to so far............

Jazzyproof[/b] Liebestaume: That is one of my all time favorite songs! You did a beautiful job!
Daria[/b] Snow /Nueve: I can just picure the snowflakes falling as you play this beautiful song! I thought you did a great job at the piano bar, but this one was just a little better, maybe you changed the buttons on the zoom or you changed your touch a little. \:\)
Sealee:[/b] How lovely and relaxing! Somehow I can always picture you playing at a piano bar! You just seem to fit right in! And one of these days I am going to come to England and listen to you live!

And that's it for now ,I will plan to listen to more of the songs within a few days.

#1034755 - 02/16/07 10:25 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
ChickGrand Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Midwest U.S.
 Quote:
Originally posted by TX-Dennis:
craig137[/b]
...I'm afraid I can't get to your piece...
[/b]
Me either. And for some reason, it consistently crashes my browser to try to navigate your space, which hasn't happened ever for me previously at any site. (It's the only piece I didn't get quickly and easily, and that after many attempts and two browsers.)

#1034756 - 02/16/07 10:40 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Ozor Mox Offline

Loc: Hampshire, England
Deleted - I will repost when I have commented on all the submissions so that my comments don't get buried in the thread!

#1034757 - 02/16/07 10:42 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
There is a lot of music, I uploaded everything to my Ipod ( I converted the others to mp3). I will write my comments saturday or sunday.

Craig, I can't get your song.

Serge

“Being able to hear recorded music freed up loads of musicians that couldn't necessarily afford to learn to read or write music. With recording, it was emancipation for the people.”
-Keith Richards

#1034758 - 02/16/07 10:54 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Clearly you have all outdone yourselves!

I am enjoying all the pieces, players, styles, and pianos.

I listen to them one at a time while I am working on the computer. And will make a few comments as I can.

But I just had to stop everything and say...

Peyton - Absolutely heart wrenchingly beautiful.

I have heard others play this at get togethers or somewhere and it did stick in my mind as one of those "gotta learn" pieces, but I had never even asked what the name was before.

I was so taken with your interpretation that I had to stop all else and hunt for it right now.

Geeze, only one page? So I wanted to tell you that I have stopped all work to go learn it.

Thank you for sharing.

Certainly, not a beginner but a returner!

LL

#1034759 - 02/16/07 11:05 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
DeepElem Offline

Loc: USA
First an overall comment - all of you are so amazingly good. This was really so much fun to listen to. The combination of such great playing with the exposure to all kinds of pieces from all different genres is a really special experience. Thank you everyone for sharing your fantastic playing with everyone.

kawaigirl[/b] - Wow, you're playing is amazing. I'm not familiar with the piece, butI was absolutely mesmerized by your playing. Wonderfully done !!!!

lisztener[/b] - a beautiful piece played beautifully. You have a wonderful expressiveness in your playing. I really enjoyed listening to this, it was so wonderfully relaxing.

AdagioM (Michele)[/b] - Very interesting piece. You played this very smoothly and in complete control, nicely done !!!

Seaside Lee[/b] - another classic Seaside Lee performance. What else is there to say? A great job as always Lee !

loveschopintoomuch (Kathleen)[/b] - the combination of your wonderful playing and a recording with a bit of hiss and kind of an echo to the room was so perfect. I really felt like I was listening to a classic recording from the 1930's. Great performance

LuigiV[/b] - Perfectly played, wonderful touch, and an all around great performance. Well done

Mr. Super Hunky[/b] - I don't know the original piece so I can't comment on the improvisational additions as compared to the original, but I definitely hear your signature additions and I think they work amazingly well. You really played this beautifully. I love how smooth your playing is. Great subtle changes in tempo at just the right time to really enhance the flow of the melody. You really make it sound easy

Monica Kern[/b] - I can't get yours to download right now, it keeps coming across as a 64KB file. I'll try again later

Copper[/b] - I applaud you effort on this piece. I agree with your comments about the ridicule of this piece, I think it's a wonderful piece. Keep up the good work on mastering this piece.

joemoshi[/b] - Great selection, and artfully played !! That was a fun piece to listen to

Peter[/b] - Interesting piece. I'm not familiar with the piece but it sounded like you played it very well indeed.

Ragnhild[/b] - Very nicely played indeed. So nice and smooth, and played very cleanly. Well done !

Vincentime[/b] - Very cool, that made me feel like I was in some royal court surrounded by people in white powdered wigs. Good job !

dannylux (mel)[/b] - Wow, just how amazingly good are you !!!!! Just great !!!

Euclid10540 aka Funky Fred[/b] - How much fun to listen to was that !!! So nice and relaxed, so smooth, and just the right emphasis in

just the right spot. There were some real nice sounds going on there Fred. Great job.

Sandy Moore[/b] - Very nice. As I first listened to this I thought you "child like quality" description of this was perfect, but as I listened more closely I could hear there was a lot behind getting that child like quality. Well played.

Jon Gray (HouseHead78)[/b] - I think you were definitely successful in your attempt to add some variety and create some emotion. Very nice rendition of a song that as you say "can be a bit plodding". Well done.

craig137 Craig[/b] - couldn't find the recording you referenced

Ozor Mox[/b] - that sounds like quite a challenging piece and you played it very well indeed. I agree with your comment in the description, it needs to slow down a little. I'd love to hear this again when you slow it down a bit, I think that will bring out a lot of nuance and feeling in your playing.

StephenC[/b] - your playing is absolutely incredible. I always feel like I'm listening to a commercial release when I hear you play.

Euan Morrison[/b] - You've only been playing 15 months ?!! Very nice playing there Euan, I enoyed listening to that very much.

Serge88[/b] - What a great song you picked, and you played it very well. That was really fun to listen to, great job.

Yamaha G-3 & P80, Mike White[/b] - Fantastic job. I enjoy your play by ear stuff so much I was a bit disappointed when I saw you submitted this piece. However after listening to your submission I like this every bit as much as your play by ear stuff. You are one all around great pianist.

More to come, I'll edit this post with the rest as I get a chance to listen to them.... EDIT: I'll actually create a new post with the rest as so much time has elapsed

#1034760 - 02/16/07 11:10 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
First, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to comment on my piece. I appreciate it, and I know how long it takes to do that! Thank you!

Second, I want to say a general: Great job! Bravo! To everyone. I'm listenng to the pieces as I get the chance and I am impressed by all of them.

Another wonderful recital!

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1034761 - 02/16/07 11:12 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Ok, I have listened to a the whole recital now and I will put my comments here :

KawaiGirl[/b]: Very nice! I like Glass' music, but it isn't easy to play, tho it looks that way. You kept the left hand very even and steady.

Lisztener[/b]: Very pretty piece. Mistakes? What mistakes??

AdagioM[/b]: I wasn't familiar with this piece by Copland, but it is quite nice and well played. Loved the deep bass notes at the end.

Lee[/b] What can I say? I so love this song, and your playing style fits it so very well. You make it sound so wistful and sweet in the beginning, but then jazz it up so wonderfully- very appropriate for Valentine's Day.

Kathleen[/b]: Very nice! You certainly brought out the feeling of reverie in this. I imagine it must have been a wonderful tribute to the fallen soldiers.

Luigi[/b] More Schumann- I've always loved his music. Very melodic and pretty. You played these very well and I enjoyed listening to them.

Super-Hunky[/b] Wow! That was wonderful. I am always impressed with your playing and I think you are improving by leaps and bounds.

Monica[/b]: Well, first I have to say Brava! for attempting such a long piece. I would have been a wreck trying to record something that long. I thought you played it very well indeed. Beautiful.

Copper[/b] I will never understand the ridicule of this piece, either- I think it's very pretty! Nice job on playing it.

joemoshi[/b]: Nice tango! I could hear the tango rhythm in it. Good job.

Peter[/b]: Very nice! It sounds like there are some tricky spots in this one, but you handled them well.

Ragnhild[/b]: Very nice job. Your old, small upright sounds lovely on this piece.

Vincentime[/b]: I've always liked this one. Very good job.

Mel[/b]: Wow—it sure sounds hard! And at that speed, too. Wonderful!

Euclid10540 aka Funky_Fred[/b]: I love the Beatles, so these were very good to hear. I really like the jazzy arrangements, too. Very nice to listen to.

Sandy Moore[/b]: Childlike quality, indeed- and your playing was delicate and enhanced that feeling. Almost music box-like. Lovely.

Jon (HouseHead78)[/b]: I love Enya's music. This sounds very tranquil and soothing. I think you did a good job with the tempo and dynamics- you didn't overdo it and it fit the flow of the music nicely.

craig137[/b] Very nice! Sounds like you are doing a great job learning to read music and play classical pieces.

OzorMox[/b]: Very pretty. Sounds like there is a lot going on and that this was not an easy piece to play. Great job!

Stephenc[/b]: Lovely piece, and,yes, it is kind of moody. You play it very well- a lot feeling is in this.

DeepElem (buck)[/b]: Oh, I like this!! I can just imagine sitting in a dark, smoky lounge and listening to you play this song! Loved it.

Euan Morrison[/b]: Nice job! A pretty piece and well played.

Serge88[/b]: One of my favorite Elton John songs! Very nicely played!

Mike White[/b]: Excellent job!! I wouldn't worry about whether the recorder is on or off- that was very well done.

LauraD[/b]: Neat piece! Really had me bopping along there. And it's so great that you can play duets and trios and all! Wonderful.

JazzyProf[/b]: Nice job! This is a pretty piece. I like that you included the poem with it- I never knew it was a setting of a poem.

Daria [/b]: This is really nice. Sitting here, looking at our "Big Snow In NH", I can hear the snow falling and settling on the city.

TX-Dennis[/b]: Very nice jazzy sound. Another great relaxing at my favorite watering hole performance.

Nighteyes[/b]: Very nice. Interesting contrasts in the three parts.

Piano Again[/b]: Very nicely played. I enjoyed listening to it.

Triryche[/b]: Nicely played- very smooth throughout.

malzheit[/b]: It is very pretty- very peaceful sounding. It didn't sound "simplified" to me, and the expression you put into it fit the music well, as marked or not.

Peyton[/b]: Emotion, for sure, and you brought it out so well. I don't know what it sounds like faster, but I really like your slow tempo.

LisztAddict[/b]: Very nicely played. I'm not really familiar with all of Chopin's Nocturnes, but this one is very pretty. You play very well.

Mary-Rose[/b]: Well, if I had your "clumsy" fingers, I'd be very happy! \:\) You played this so very well, at least to my ears. Nice job!

Sarah M[/b]: I'm impressed- that can't be easy to play with all those fast notes in there! Isn't "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" based on the middle section of this piece? Very well done!

Ishmael[/b]: Nice job!

Bluemarine[/b]: One attempt? Bravo! Very nice piece- I do not know this composer, but this is quite powerful.

Schubertian[/b]: This is one of the Chopin Nocturnes I recognize. It's very nice and you played it very well, indeed.

NancyM333[/b]: Ah, I grew up listening to Glenn Miller- my Dad was a big fan, so I love this tune! Nice job!

Matt[/b]: An hour??? Holy cow, young fella- that's amazing! Your playing really is so wonderful!

C7 Player Greg Smith[/b]: Sounds great to me! Very nicely played rendition of this song.

DragonPianoPlayer[/b]: Another favorite, as I am a big fan of ALW's works. Very nicely played.

AQP_87 Alvaro[/b]: It sounds pretty darned shiny to me! It's so very fast and you kept it going beautifully. Very nice.

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1034762 - 02/16/07 11:34 AM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Bob Muir Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lakewood, WA, USA
"Has there been a "ZIP" file made for the recital yet... "

Not yet. Perhaps by the end of the weekend.

Bob

#1034763 - 02/16/07 12:10 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
funburger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

First off i want to say this recital is just awesome!!! congratulations to all of you for your hard work!!!

1.Kawaigirl, the most interesting piece i have heard, the fast parts rock, and you sound like you nailed it precisely!! wonderful!!!

2.Lisztener, sounds like you have definitly found your way back to piano full force!! You played this piece very well and i found it very relaxing!! awesome!!

3.AdagioM, i know i have heard this from somewhere?? but where? i wish i could remember it fully, you did an excellent job with it!!!

4.Seaside, Stunning!! absolutly stunning!!! i always love and enjoy your playing!!! i was hoping you would have a video up for the ecital!! LOVE IT!!!

5.Kathleen, OH MY!!! i listened to your piece several times, it is so beautifully played and smooth! this piece is my favorite of yours!!! keep up the excellent playing!!!

6.luigiv, the download was taking forever i promise i will get back to it.

7.SuperHunky, i know this had to take you longer than a day this time!! this IS your best yet!!

8.Monica, monica monica monica, WOW!! it felt as if i was listening to a professional cd!! this piece is nothing short of incredible!! i cant believe you have no lessons, because you play as if you have been playing for years!! simply beautiful, and in ONE take?? WOW!!!

9.Copper, i still love this piece no matter how many times i have heard it. i think you brought out the main theme very well and with great musicality!!!

10.Joemoshi, cool piece!! felt like perfect dancing music:)

more to come.....

11.Peter, couldnt get your file to play in realplayer.

12.Ragnhild, do i need to say anything here? this is some fantastic and incredible playing!!! need i say more.

13. Vincenttime, playing Bach is NO easy task and i think you have done a great job with it!!how long have you been back on piano??

14.Dannylux, you have only been back playing for a year and can play like this? with talent like yours why did you ever give it up? MAGNIFICENT!!!i love your touch. did i like it? no, I LOVE THIS!!!

15.FunkyFred, never heard the beatles played this way before. did you do these versions yourself? interesting and artistic:)

tbc.....

16.Sandy Moore, Grade 7 i really like this piece unfortunatly i dont know it very well because i have 2 boys. this is very pretty though, and your playing is smooth. i really like this!!!

17.Househead78, I absolutly melted listening to this. you played this so gracefully and true. i am in love

tbc.....

42.Matt, you learned this in an hour. argh!!! i have nothing to say except....... Great Job!!!

43.C7 Player, i am glad you made the submission deadline. i always enjoy the entertainer and you played it well!!! Great playing!!!

44.Dragonpianoplayer, i have a different version of this. always a beautiful piece:) nicely played!!!

45.Alvaro, i am sure you already know how great your playing is so i dont need to say more, however i will say for the limited amount of time you have been playing you just rock!!!

thank-you all for submitting to the recital. i have enjoyed listening to ALL of the pieces. and i must say this group is so talented that it is unbelieveable. i am still blown away by it all!!! the runs, the trills, the fancy fingerwork you have all displayed is inspiring to say the least!!! Great Work one and all!!!!

#1034764 - 02/16/07 12:11 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Roswell, Georgia
Michele/AdagioM, I couldn't get your camp link to work, but it sounds great. Is this the place that Noah Adams talks about in his book Piano Lessons? Maybe it's something similar. Is it a week? Did you feel you made a lot of progress in that week, or did you get something different out of it than just moving forward on one or two pieces? What is the structure of the week? I'd love to hear more about it when you have a chance.

And about my screen name: Back in 1995 when I was pregnant I got an AOL account so I could be a part of an online email group for people who had or were expecting triplets. The group was incredibly helpful--much like this one--and I credit those great people with the wonderful outcome of my own triplet pregnancy and my mental health in those early couple of years. AOL was already popular, and I couldn't get just NancyM or NancyM123, so I tried NancyM333, and it was not taken. I had that account for six years, so I've used that screen name for lots of things so I wouldn't forget what I named myself!

Edit: I almost forgot to metnion that I got to listen to your piece! I really enjoyed it. I've never heard any solo piano pieces by Copeland, but you've opened up some options for me. Great job!

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1034765 - 02/16/07 12:26 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Mary-Rose Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Essex, England
Nancy, your mention of how you chose your name "Nancy M333" has inspired me to open a new thread to ask how people chose their names. I hope you will copy there what you just explained here. Wow, having three babies all at once must have been a bit of a challenge!

#1034766 - 02/16/07 12:32 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
AdagioM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Nancy, sorry about that on the link; the comma right after it got caught up into the url! So it's www.sonatina.com

Part of what I love about Sonata is the different viewpoints from different teachers about the same piece. You get 4 or 5 lessons during the week. Part of it is the camaraderie of people who love the piano, which is usually a very solo pursuit. There are "monster" duet pieces that we choose and learn for the concert at the end of the week, great fun like a piano orchestra. And the chance to perform a solo piece for people who have become friends. It's a very supportive atmosphere. Part of it is going away for a week or 10 days, not having to cook or clean up after family, and just being immersed in all things piano! The best part is the lasting friendships I have made with my piano buddies, who live all over the country. The west coasters try to get together a couple times a year, besides camp.

You can find a description of the day at the website, but there is about 4.5 hrs practice per day (in shifts), a theory class, and a master class in the evening. Meals are divine; Hans is an awesome chef.

And yes, it's the same place that Noah Adams wrote about in "Piano Lessons."

When I see your screen name, I think of Mozart's Sonata in B Flat, K. 333, which I *love* and will take another whack at someday. The first movement is so joyful, and I came so close but never quite got it up to speed two years ago. It's waiting for another go-round.

Thanks for your comments!

Michele

#1034767 - 02/16/07 12:48 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
AdagioM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mahlzeit:
 Quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Mahlzeit: This is beautiful. How were you able to transpose it from Gm to Am? Did you have help or are you a theory whiz already? Great work![/b]
Thanks, Michele. Transposing is really easy when you buy from one of those online sheet music stores. They give you the score and you can click a button to transpose it up or down and then you buy it that way. \:\) [/b]
Good for you! I have purchased music from FreeHandMusic.com, they used to be SunHawk. They have a downloadable player/transposer and you can transpose music purchased from them to any key. Even after you buy it! So you can change your mind about key at any time. \:\)

#1034768 - 02/16/07 12:59 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Les Koltvedt Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canton, MI
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Muir:
"Has there been a "ZIP" file made for the recital yet... "

Not yet. Perhaps by the end of the weekend.

Bob [/b]
TKS
PTG Associate

#1034769 - 02/16/07 03:13 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
SAnnM AB-2001 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
16.Sandy Moore, Grade 7 i really like this piece unfortunatly i dont know it very well because i have 2 boys. this is very pretty though, and your playing is smooth. i really like this!!!
Thank you. Yes grade 7.. but from 30 years ago which translates to about grade 5 today. \:D . It really is not that difficult.

I'm about 1/3 the way through! They are all wonderful and I'm looking forward to finishing listening over the weekend!

#1034770 - 02/16/07 03:33 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Thanks for all the wonderfully kind words so far, I read them all and always look forward to hearing that someone enjoyed listening to my playing.

just a few quick responses

Hunkster: only you could get away with saying "holy ****"!! you make me laugh out loud so much...your "two words - pianist corner" to Mike White had my sides splitting BTW... ROTFL

Sarah M
 Quote:
It's like you're speaking to people's souls
thankyou so much for that...some people call it "playing by ear" others call it "playing by heart"...when I play I try and make my heart speak to yours and if thats how you felt then you made me very happy with your words \:D .

I had the priviledge of hearing Mike (pianomagic) play in London and I swear he made the piano cry, I will never forget it.

Daria: thanks yes I must get this video thing sorted out

Fun: You have a way of making me feel so good, I almost can't wait to read your words

Mak: same goes for you

thanks TX and everyone else who made me feel special with your kindness (you'll never know but, your words will drive me on to get better - you are all great players and I am just proud to be able to take part with so many gifted people

To the ABF!!!

Lee \:D

#1034771 - 02/16/07 04:23 PM Re: Recital #5 General Discussion Room
Lisztener Offline
500 Post Club Member

(page 1 of 4 pages)

Hi all,

I want you all to know that participating in this recital has been the most fulfilling piano experience of my life. There is a reason for this. As a boy taking piano lessons, I had to perform at a live recital. I was painfully shy as a child and well into my adulthood until addressing my fears in a public speaking course while a freshman attending a local university where I began working for my degree at age 45. I digress. During the piano recital, I was so nervous that I lost my place while playing. My piano teacher came up to the bench to try to help, but I was inconsolable. I ran from the room and fell deeper into shyness. Overall, I was a happy child as long as I didn't have to be the center of attention in a group. I hope this isn't boring you because I'm not the only one who has had this problem and life goes on. While completing my degree work I'm happy to say that my confidence level increased a great deal after the dreaded mandatory public speaking class. However, my piano teacher wishes for me to play in her annual recital in May. Even though I'm more comfortable and outgoing now as a mature adult (my wife sometimes tires of waiting for me to complete conversations with strangers anywhere we go) the piano reaches a place in me that brings back all my boyhood fears. This online recital offers anonymity yet lets me express and share my greatest personal accomplishments.

I am making my comments as I listen to each piece. I'm a slow writer anyway, so this just compounds the problem of getting my comments posted. I truly enjoy doing it this way because I'm retired and have the time. Writing while listening also gives me an enjoyable place from which to express my feelings as they occur to me.

I wish to express my heartfelt thanks to each of you who has taken the time to give me your thoughts and encouragement. You surely must know how this affects a sentimentalist such as me.

Here are a few comments that I enjoyed writing. I don't know how long it will take to get through them all, but I'm certainly not helping the process with all this selfish meandering.

23.Serge88[/b]
I’ve heard this song played many ways, yet your version really accents the beautiful melodic line from beginning to end. You have a good bit of your soul on display here. You make that digital sing at its best. Beautiful. Thank you.

24. Yamaha G-3 & P80, Mike White[/b]
Your familiarity with the keyboard and your musicality really show in this performance. Your touch is very sensitive and evokes visions of a court waltz in a royal ballroom at the time of Chopin’s playing. Thank you, and Bravo!

25. Laura D[/b]
Gosh, this makes me want to get up and dance. Your description of why you chose this polka makes it even more fun. It’s great that you have a musical family that can all enjoy this experience together. Great fun! Oompah, oompah, oompah-pah! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your happiness.

26. Jazzyprof[/b]
This tempo is just right for me. It allows the Lisztener a moment to feel the notes rather than wonder what just flashed past him. This piece is in my repertoire except for the fast runs where I have substituted different ones. I’m truly enjoying this. This Libestraume is one of Liszt’s most beautiful works. Nicely done Maestro. I hate to leave, but thank you for sharing your beautiful playing.

27. mdp1w (Daria)[/b]
I have no sense that you are recording this, or that you have arthritic fingers. It sounds to me as though you are playing for your own enjoyment and I’ve been invited to listen while you make beautiful music about a world blanketed with a soft white cover of new snow. This is a delightful scene as well as a delightful performance. Please invite me again. Thank you.

28. TX-Dennis[/b]
You take me back to Broadway in 1999 when my wife and I went to four shows during our eight-day stay in Manhattan. Although one of the shows was “Annie Get Your Gun” with Bernadette Peters and Tom Wopat (Rodgers & Hammerstein), this tune brings on a pleasant case of nostalgia for the great pop songs of the ‘30s and ‘40s. This is a nice rendition of a Gershwin standard that really captures his style. Thanks for the walk down memory lane with your expressive, evocative play.

29. Nighteyes[/b]
Not having heard these minuets before, you’d have to physically show me where any mistakes are in your playing of them. One and three are nice, but I really am enjoying the second most of all. It has a mysterious quality about it that draws me back for more. You play with sensitive fingers that know how to create interesting dynamics. This is very well done. Thank you.

30. Piano again[/b]
Wow, This Chopin Nocturne 55/1 really knocks my socks off, and I still have my shoes on! I may listen to this for an hour or so before continuing to the next entry. I can’t remember ever hearing this played so beautifully. This is professional quality play. It contains all the nuances in dynamics that make it a perennial favorite. Congratulations on your excellent play, Piano again, and thank you for sharing this romantic gem.

31. Triryche[/b]
The melody asks the question, “What Can I Share?” and you’ve answered with a beautiful touch. You have an excellent foundation that must make you feel warm inside. It touches me. Give yourself an A+ for this performance. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

32. mahlzeit[/b]
Oh, what a beautifully haunting melody this is. I truly enjoy a wistful piece played with delicacy. You’ve reached that place within me where my musical spirit resides. This spirit is very emotional and sometimes causes my vision to blur. The next time I write to a loved one I’ll play this while writing. Writing these comments has stalled to a crawl until my muse, Euterpe, is sated. Thank you for a most memorable and well-played piece.

33. Peyton[/b]
I believe you made the right decision with your tempo. This is so peaceful and sad. It’s a fitting tribute to Chopn. This touches my heartstrings and in my minds eye I see you sitting at your piano. Your countenance is pensive as your fingers flow across the keys so softly. Thank you for sharing this gentle, beautiful piece and your musical gift.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
Today at 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
Today at 09:19 PM
Rzewski: De Profundis
by pianoloverus
Today at 09:17 PM
Guide to skills level
by Gemgem
Today at 08:55 PM
piano with willie
by TonyB
Today at 08:25 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160028 Topics
2349998 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission