Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1038122 - 07/07/08 02:13 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
z32 Offline

Loc: California
Thanks , for the kind words sorjai! Actually, to be honest, I actually unknowingly(at the time) left out some notes in that recording. GL though while you learn it! I'd love to hear your version.

I also wanted to upload a quick and easy song to this thread. I just learned it today. Anyways, it's from the game, Saga Frontier for the PS1. It's the opening title song of the game, I believe. I caught it while surfing youtube, and I just had to learn it. Hope you enjoy it!

Opening of a Journey

EDIT: Here's another song I just finished today. It's the Bubbleman theme from the classic game, Megaman.

Bubbleman\'s Theme

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1038123 - 07/09/08 09:38 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Casyopea Offline

Loc: Spain
What a beautiful music! I loved the Naruto Sadness and Sorrow \:\)

I only have this tiny song to contribute (7 months of playing), but here it is anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvCPoSBOcM

#1038124 - 07/09/08 07:23 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
RobM Offline

Loc: Plymouth, Devon, UK
Wow, how have I not noticed this thread until now? There has been some great music posted so far, particularly by z32! Eyes on Me is something I'd like to learn sometime.

Kawaigirl1, I know its been a while since you posted it, but great job with 'On the Shores of Another World'. I can't believe you learnt it as quick as you did! I've been attempting that tune for about a week now and can only play the first 12 or 13 measures at a reasonable tempo.

Here is my first (but probably not the last) contribution to this thread:

Path of Repentance - Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack Piano Solo (not the version from the Piano Collections book)

Excuse the mistakes and the overall poor quality, I've only been playing for about 9 months. I tried to record a video of this using my webcam, but for some reason the video was very off sync with the audio so I didn't bother with it. Perhaps I'll try and get a better recording of this as a video soon and edit this post.

My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/MastahUK

#1038125 - 07/09/08 10:18 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
z32 Offline

That was really beautiful Rob! This piece is actually one of the 1st "big" pieces I learned on the piano as well. Prob my fav FFX piece! I also love the sound of your piano! What type do you have?

Casyopea, that was a beautiful rendition of Zelda's Lullaby! Really brings back the memories! Keep em comin!

#1038126 - 07/09/08 10:34 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
 Quote:
Originally posted by Casyopea:
What a beautiful music! I loved the Naruto Sadness and Sorrow \:\)

I only have this tiny song to contribute (7 months of playing), but here it is anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvCPoSBOcM [/b]
Well done...

#1038127 - 07/09/08 10:48 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Babs_ Offline

Loc: Gulf Coast
Wow guys, beautiful music I am so impressed! \:\)

I am amazed that video games have such beautiful music. Maybe thats what I need to do start playing video games!

I would love to have a book of all this music. I know I have the music to the Path of Repentance somewhere on my bookshelf, maybe I should go look for it............that could take hours!

#1038128 - 07/10/08 09:55 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
RobM Offline

Loc: Plymouth, Devon, UK
 Quote:
Originally posted by z32:
That was really beautiful Rob! This piece is actually one of the 1st "big" pieces I learned on the piano as well. Prob my fav FFX piece! I also love the sound of your piano! What type do you have?[/b]
Wow, thanks! \:D

I'm actually using a digital piano, my 'Roland RD-300SX', recorded straight into audacity through the line in ports of my sound card.

Babs, you don't even need to be familiar with the games to play and appreciate the music. If you're interested in purchasing some sheet music, a book I'd highly recommend is "FFX Piano Collections". There are several great pieces in there, but here are a few YouTube videos of my favourites to whet your appetite!

To Zanarkand - I play a version of this I taught myself by ear, but I want to learn this version soon.
Suteki Da Ne - I'm learning this one now. I'm about 90% complete, just need to learn from 2:18 onwards in that video. Expect my recording soon! \:\)
Path of Repentance - Heres the Piano Collections version (much better version) of the song I uploaded yesterday.

My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/MastahUK

#1038129 - 07/25/08 03:00 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
PianoN00b Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
uh.... heres a digital piano version of zanarkand .. i have other pieces but its like 70MBS! I'll record it in a different format next time and upload it here.

http://www.box.net/shared/n1me7r78cs

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. \:\)

#1038130 - 07/29/08 02:58 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Kurisu SARU Offline

Loc: a small 4 cornered room with m...
Lovely thread.

I am working on To Zanarkand next myself. Too well composed to not know how to play it if you are a big FF fan.

Here is a song I did from Lunar: The Silver Star Story.

The Sad Piano Theme.

http://www.sarugruv.com/music/lunarsad.mp3

PS. PianoNooB, you ever take that picture of the Raisins and Almonds sheet music? ;[[[

#1038131 - 12/07/08 01:56 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
z32 Offline

Just wanted to upgrade this thread as well since my latest song is an anime piece.

Anime: Bleach
Going Home

#1038132 - 01/03/09 09:40 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
z32 Offline

Another addition. Absolutely love this song!

Anime: Bleach
Here to Stay

#1038133 - 01/03/09 10:24 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Theowne Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Quote:
Originally posted by Rosanna:

Theowne, you are one amazing composer. This work is so sophisticated! Wow!! I am absolutely impressed. So I am curious: Do you enjoy playing Debussy more, or do you enjoy composing more? \:\)
[/b]
Ahhh, I only just noticed the one-year-old comments to my orchestral arrangement (I think I checked and since the immediately following comments didn't mention my post I didn't bother checking again).

The thing is, with piano playing at least I can play in some competitions and recitals, whereas the only place I can share my compositions/arrangements are on the internet. If only I hear my stuff played by an actual orchestra....

#1038134 - 01/04/09 12:19 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Roswell, Georgia
I just have to ask: What the heck is anime? Something tells me it is one of the Japanese cartoons I see on cable sometimes, but I'm not sure how that relates to video game themes. Plus, I have no reason to think I know what it is at all. How does it relate to video game music?

I hate to admit how hopelessly unhip I am, but we don't have any video games, and my idea of a great evening is to put the DVD of Perry Mason reruns on and watch a few without commercials! This leaves me way behind on current pop culture.

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1038135 - 01/04/09 12:33 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Theowne Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Quote:
Originally posted by NancyM333:
I just have to ask: What the heck is anime? Something tells me it is one of the Japanese cartoons I see on cable sometimes, but I'm not sure how that relates to video game themes. Plus, I have no reason to think I know what it is at all. How does it relate to video game music?[/b]
It doesn't relate to video game music, but a lot of people who like one like the other...that sort of thing. And a lot of the composers of popular video game music are from Japan...and anime is from Japan...etc.

Anime itself is animated productions produced in Japan as you may have guessed, with the distinctive drawing style that accompanies it. Some of it is very well-respected in Japan (films of Studio Ghibli, kind of like classic Disney films here), some of it is aimed at a particular subculture (like comic books here) and some are just aimed at kids.

#1038136 - 01/04/09 04:01 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
RaGe Offline

Loc: Paris, France
And now for something completely different (lol).

Please head to http://soniclabs.blogspot.com/ and check out my piece called "The Groeg Assignment".

Cheers,

RaGe

#1038137 - 01/04/09 11:34 PM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
Eternal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Posts: 80,372
Usually I would post one of the classic Final Fantasy pieces here, but I've gotten a great Xmas gift that made me discover Hitoshi Sakimoto. It's a Japanese composer who's work sounds very much like Nobuo Uematsu's, and I guess that's why they let him take over scoring of new Final Fantasy games.

In any case - he composed the music to the gift in question - namely a Playstation 3 game called 'Valkyria Chronicles'. The game was written in Japan, but since it's set in Europe, the composer said he wanted to give the score a greater Western appeal, influenced by Hans Zimmer's action film scores.

If you have Playstation 3 this game is an experience unlike any other on a console and is a must buy (received top scores across the board). It was the first time they used a "Canvas Engine" for visuals - that makes the whole game look like it's painted with watercolors. But in my opinion it's the soundtrack that truly makes the game.

Here's a piano version of one of the theme songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd29_0bjEcY

And for those who haven't heard about the game - here's the trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42356.html

#1038138 - 01/20/09 05:23 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
z32 Offline

Yet another update to this great thread! lol!

Anime: Rurouni Kenshin
Her Most Beautiful Smile
Her Most Beautiful Smile(Synth)

#1038139 - 01/20/09 06:33 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Loc: Arkansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kawaigirl1:
There's probably many members out there who are interested in gaming music, so Mr Super-Hunky has came up with this great idea to start a thread where we can share our recordings of any 'Anime or Video Game Music' that we have learned.

So I will start. This is my recording of the piece called "On the Shores of Another World" which is the theme from Chrono Cross. I had changed the ending just slightly to give it a finish sound to the piece.

Monica, thanks for finding this lovely piece of music \:\)

http://www.box.net/shared/fqvvauoocw [/b]
Kawaigirl I am absolutely stunned! That was fantastic, it sounded like it came right out of the game. You are extremely talented! I've finished Chrono Cross 3 times, was my first Playstation 1 game back 7 or 8 years ago. You've nailed it for sure, thank you so much for posting that.

I can't match up to that, you've set the bar too high but I've got a few recordings I've posted on YouTube (but it's only audio).

Final Fantasy 8 - Julia

Final Fantasy 8 - Waltz for the Moon (this sounded really muffled when I recorded, I had the mute pedal down when I played but it came out really bad in the recording, won't do that again!)

Chrono Cross - Reminiscence

I'm currently working on a piece from Chrono Cross called Arni Village (Another World), I just started it last night, hopefully I'll have it polished up enough to record sometime this week. Keep up the good work everyone! You're all great, I've only listened to Kawaigirl's as I post this but I'll browse through the thread real fast now.

Edit:[/b]
z32, RobM, and PianoN00b, all very nice! Big fan of Final Fantasy music as well!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherSchmoe

#1038140 - 01/20/09 06:52 AM Re: Members' recordings of video game music
AnotherSchmoe Offline

Loc: Arkansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by Begin Again Dave:
The music and playing on display here are quite wonderful. I think this whole line of thinking has tremendous value because:

1) My son got the piano bug last Nov. after hearing the Halo 3 "Believe" commercial. He was so taken with the music that he searched out what it was, found sheet music for it and taught to himself on his sister's 66 key electronic keyboard. The he researched Chopin and the circumstances surrounding the compositon of the Raindrop Prelude. He has taught himself several other classical pieces since then, and after a 2 month search, we (yesterday) bought a used Pramberger JP175 (5'9" baby grand). As Humphrey Bogart said in Casablanca, " . . . I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

2) It occurs to me that a junior high school or high school program teaching piano, but centered on music from video games and anime could draw many, many kids who would otherwise never put fingers to (non-computer) keyboard. I think I'm gonna have to follow up on this idea, when I'm not learning how to play the soon-to-appear piano!

I'm looking forward to much playing, listening and, eventually, sharing here. [/b]
I have to agree with you, I enjoy Chopin as much as the next person but I'm usually happier playing (or in my case attempting to play! hehe) relaxing videogame music, mainly from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross and such. Most of it is absolutely fantastic and I connect with it better since I played a lot of those games years back and it brings up all those good memories.

For a lot of people, namely young people, playing classical music is just "eh" for awhile, especially when you are first starting out. Most would rather play something they could emotionally connect to right away such as their favorite game or movie music. And then possibly branch out into Chopin and so on if they so desire.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherSchmoe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VI Labs True Keys: From ilok to Hard Drive Activation
by imyself
09/18/14 10:46 AM
A REALLY Indirect Blow Action
by Steve Cohen
09/18/14 09:01 AM
Bone chilling ending to pieces
by lacrymosa85
09/18/14 08:44 AM
help with finger numbers in this piece...
by PianoKimmy
09/18/14 05:35 AM
Most Difficult?
by SiFi
09/18/14 01:21 AM
Who's Online
150 registered (ajames, Alexander Borro, accordeur, 3mb3r4, 3times2, 44 invisible), 1538 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157601 Topics
2314980 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission