Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, anamnesis, Alkanaut, 36251, 36 invisible), 1612 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1283393 - 10/08/09 11:56 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
Elene Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: under monsoon clouds
I've already sent mine, and I don't know if it would add more confusion to change the file name now, or if that would help. I'll do whatever MR prefers.

Gerg, did you mean Schubertian, or is there also a Schubertarian? (If not, there could be.)

Elene

Blog: http://elenedom.wordpress.com

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1283402 - 10/09/09 12:14 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Elene]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Duly noted and changed.

MaryRose is extremely busy and may not get back to you right away. I'm assuming some of the load per her request.

Goodness.. Please don't worry about re-sending just for the sake of a name change. Even if only half of us use the file names suggested, it still makes things simpler.

Thanks,

Don't click here!

#1283845 - 10/09/09 02:37 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi all,

You can now submit your recordings anonymously directly to the website.

recordings AT chopinrecital DOT org.

(replace AT with @ and DOT with .)

Let's cut MaryRose's workload a little and use this new system!

There is, at present, a two-megabyte limitation on submissions. This will be fixed over the next several weeks by the hosting company. It therefore is best to submit a link to a box.net or other hosted recording.

Don't click here!

#1283903 - 10/09/09 04:01 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
I did the first recording session today. After three takes I have one which I consider usable, but not good. One wrong note, and some other problems. Even though, I am calmer knowing that I have SOMETHING - maybe I will manage to get something better in the course of next few days.

M.
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

#1283943 - 10/09/09 05:12 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Mati]
jazzyprof Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Wow, Mati, only one wrong note! I had dozens in mine. smile

#1283962 - 10/09/09 05:49 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: jazzyprof]
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Wrong note is one thing, screwed phrasing and dynamics is another... I'm all over the place with some of the notes, and some of them stick out like a huge rusty nail. bah

#1283964 - 10/09/09 05:54 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Mati]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mati, I think most of us are right there with you.

Don't click here!

#1284607 - 10/11/09 12:01 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
chopin952 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hey all. I'm done with my rendition of 62/2. I'm not completely happy with it because the red-eyed monster blinked and stared me down too hard in spots, but it came out alright I think. Plus I won't get another chance to record this week after work with the wife and kid running around. smile

Hey gerg, I went to the site. Nice layout btw. Did you mean that we should e-mail the MP3/link to that address? It almost sounded like there would be a submission system on the site, but I couldn't find it.

My MP3 is over 2MB, so should I just send a box.net link to that e-mail?
Thanks for your hard work.

Can't wait to hear all the submissions.
Happy E-Cital!

#1284613 - 10/11/09 12:20 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: chopin952]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I would appreciate it, yes. Several of us are working together on this.

Yes, please do use box.net for now because of the 2MB limit.

Thanks! smile

(And oddly enough, the test recording of 3.8MB that I sent to test this mechanism came through even though I received an "undeliverable" message. confused )

recordings AT chopinrecital.org

Don't click here!

#1284849 - 10/11/09 12:31 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
Elene Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: under monsoon clouds
Gerg, I just had a look at the new site. I would very much like you to change one thing: Our Friend's name is Fryderyk, not Frédéric.

Thanks for everything.

Elene

Blog: http://elenedom.wordpress.com

#1284886 - 10/11/09 01:20 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Elene]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks Elene. That change is made.

We are somewhat limited in what we can do regarding the artwork given available resources.

Don't click here!

#1285828 - 10/13/09 01:25 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
carolyn227 Offline

I made my recording over the weekend. It isn't perfect, but I couldn't do it at home because my piano is out of tune. Instead I did it at my church and was able to get a recording that was okay. I doubt I'll have time to make more recordings before the deadline, so it is what it is. I had to record it on my camera (my only recording device) and it is NOT in MP3 format. How can I change the format of my recording? I'll submit it via box.net once I figure out how to change formats.

#1285890 - 10/13/09 05:00 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: carolyn227]
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Carolyn, please upload what you have and we'll do the rest, format changing inclusive. smile

#1286147 - 10/13/09 01:01 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Mati]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

carolyn, congratulations! Hope you are well, and that morning sickness has not been too unkind.

Mati is exactly right. Just send a link to your box.net via recording AT chopinrecital.org; we will handle the rest.

I can't wait to hear your work.

#1286399 - 10/13/09 09:26 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: piano bench, usually
To all the participants and to those of you working behind the scenes, a big thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing all of the performances.

#1286460 - 10/14/09 12:00 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: heidiv]
Piano Again Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Washington metro
All right -- emailed my link to the chopinrecital address. Let me know if it doesn't get through.

This fell so far short of what I had hoped, but it's the best I can do right now.

And I just got the piano tuned on Friday, but it sounds horrible. mad Maybe I'll send this recording to the piano tuner. smirk

Check out my blog !

#1286516 - 10/14/09 02:35 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Piano Again]
carolyn227 Offline

I submitted mine tonight. There are a few mistakes. And the camera didn't pick up much in the way of dynamics. Oh well. I'm glad I was able to participate and I had a lot of fun learning this piece! Having this deadline really kept me motivated to practice when motivation was in short supply during the first few months of my pregnancy!

Now I can focus on learning some pieces for Christmas and starting a new big piece for next year (just for fun though!). For Christmas, I'm working on a Nutcracker medley, mostly because my daughters are obsessed with ballet, especially The Nutcracker.

My baby started responding to my playing piano last night (specifically a Bach fugue and Clair de Lune), so that should keep me motivated to practice at least until he arrives! I'm hoping he is a music lover and someday a pianist himself!

#1286570 - 10/14/09 04:41 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: carolyn227]
Chopinet Offline

Loc: Torino - Italy
Originally Posted By: carolyn227
I submitted mine tonight. There are a few mistakes. And the camera didn't pick up much in the way of dynamics. Oh well. I'm glad I was able to participate and I had a lot of fun learning this piece!

Same here Carolyn, sent mine and as I wrote in the e-mail, after listening to my recording, I thought I had made a step longer than my leg lenght, but I'm so glad I did because of the deep study I had to deal with (of course I'm talking about one of the easisest nocturne, cant' figure with the hardest ones).
It was by far the most studied piece of my piano life and it taught a lot in term of musical analysis - even though little passed in the recording frown - and learning discipline. To be honest when I started to play piano three years ago nocturnes were not even in my ambition list, so it's been really a great achievement for me.

Just waiting to listen to the nocturne collection and to get an inspirational clue on the one to choose next.

I hope next time you won't put an entry audition because of my performance...

#1286611 - 10/14/09 07:19 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Chopinet]
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I can't wait to hear your submissions smile Mine is in from today. I've managed to squeeze one more piano lesson before the deadline and I made a second recording today, which I like better than the previous one. I can't wait till 17th! smile

#1287152 - 10/14/09 08:50 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Mati]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Dallas, TX, US
Beginners! I sent Mary Rose a recording of my Nocturne a few weeks ago. I just had my piano tuned today and decided to knock off another recording - this one sounds better if for no other reason than that the piano is in tune. Would I be able to send this new and improved Nocturne somewhere without hopelessly confusing things.
thanks

#1287154 - 10/14/09 08:54 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Schubertian]
Mary-Rose Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Essex, England
You may, Schubertian (send to recordings AT chopinrecital.org) but please label it clearly final take.

#1287155 - 10/14/09 08:54 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: Schubertian]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
Yes, of course you can. I just sent your post PM to MaryRose to clarify things.

#1287276 - 10/15/09 01:59 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: -Frycek]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Some good news: the hosting service has FIXED the 2MB file size limits. Some of these files are over 8MB yet still came through successfully as attachments. So a shout-out to Gate.com is in order - we didn't expect them to fix this until after the recital date.

Also a shout-out to all of you for the names! Thank you so much! You've made this easier.

Peyton 9/1
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1 (your retake)
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Peyton 72/1

(Now who am I missing?)

Caroline227 see your PM - we need your help!

Edited by gerg (10/15/09 03:48 AM)
Edit Reason: Added missing files to list

Don't click here!

#1287602 - 10/15/09 02:00 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Is anyone getting failure notices sending files to recordings AT chopinrecital.org?

In testing, I received failure notices on attachments that nonetheless arrived intact.

In:

Peyton 9/1
Timmyab 9/3
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Carolyn227 62/1
Peyton 72/1

What I'd like to know is if there are any legitimate failures, i.e. anyone who A) sent in a recording and B) is not on the list above.

Thanks!

Edited by gerg (10/15/09 02:27 PM)

Don't click here!

#1287666 - 10/15/09 03:42 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: chopin952]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Chopin952 see your PM.

Don't click here!

#1287921 - 10/15/09 10:49 PM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
chopin952 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Got it. Will submit very soon! Attempting one final recording.

#1287964 - 10/16/09 12:12 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: chopin952]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ted.stanion's recording is in. Chopin952, whenever you can send yours...

That will make it 15 of 21, which is over two-thirds participation. Not too bad! smile

Last-minuters welcomed.

In:

Peyton 9/1
Timmyab 9/3
Ted.Stanion 15/2
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Carolyn227 62/1
Peyton 72/1
Mati posth.

Don't click here!

#1287984 - 10/16/09 01:14 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: gerg]
akonow Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I'm still rather unhappy with my recording but I don't want to cut it too close so I've been trying to upload my file on box.net. However, I'm continually unable to do so because of some limit they're put up. What should I do?
Schumann - Fantasiestücke Op 12

#1287999 - 10/16/09 02:09 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: akonow]
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Briarcliff Manor, NY, USA
Alex, how big is the file? I've used MediaFire as an alternative to Box Net for uploading files larger than 10 MB because MediaFire had no such limitation.

Box Net is nice because of its integrated player, which means people can listen to your file without actually downloading it. But if it's going to be downloaded anyway, it shouldn't matter which site hosts it.

Steven

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
—Albert Schweitzer

Chopin: Allegro de Concert Op. 46
Schumann: Toccata Op. 7
Fauré: Ballade Op. 19

#1288003 - 10/16/09 02:15 AM Re: Time to Check IN - Chopin Nocturnes Recital Claim l(Octo [Re: akonow]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

You can send it directly as an attachment to recordings AT chopinrecital.org

Also, MaryRose gave you her personal e-mail. Either way, we will get it and you will be in the recital!

Don't click here!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
Forum Stats
77388 Members
42 Forums
160044 Topics
2350258 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission