Well, it's actually been about a week and a half. Struggling, but I've learned a lot (I think). Here's the highlights and lowlights for those who care.
- Was actually able to play (with both hands even) Auld Lang Syne on only my second day of ever playing a keyboard - on Drawbar organ no less - at midnight on New Year's Eve. Wife and dog were suitably impressed (wife may have been drunk on the Dom...)
- I can actually read music, both the bass and treble staffs, albeit very slowly and laboriously... I can kinda find the notes too if you don;t mind waiting.
- Most piano easy play books already look a little too easy.
- Got thru the first few lessons of the CD learner series with flying colors
-Sometimes I just sit there not knowing what to play next.
- Discovered I bought a bit too much electronic keyboard for my level. Lots of sounds but no tutorial or metronome. I called the store today and they are letting me exchange it for a slightly lesser model with a tutorial, metronome etc. (some may think that's a bad idea?...)
Have my first ever lesson scheduled for next Friday. Can't wait.