2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
This being our 5th ABF online recital, I have to say that something seemed just a little bit different than any others so far. It's not in the amount of participants or even in the quality of their performances, but rather, in the sincerity of the performances as well as the honest feedback many participants were given.

It seems,(at least to me), that many people really put there hearts into their submissions and were given some very thoughtful and well deserved replies and comments of their work in return.

At first, I was worried that people would get the standard issue "nice job" or "good work" reply, but what I never fully realized is that those words were truly sincere and meant.

I have realized that there is only so many variations of someone saying "you did a great job", but that does'nt mean those words were'nt heartfelt!.

Most of us don't require the constant ego-feeding session that, well lets just say that one guy does! :rolleyes: , but it sure does feel nice when something that you have done gets a little acknowledgment and recognition, even if only once in a while.

I was really touched by one of our participants who was so greatful to share her beautiful music with others for the first time and not just only with her dog.

I know exactly how she may feel. Although I have played my music for family and some friends, there is some kind of redeeming quality knowing that the beautiful music that you are performing has been heard by many others. It's almost as it makes you feel really good just knowing that other people have heard your music and that they may possibly like it as well.

Thank you to everyone who took the time and responded to others. Without asking, I know I can confidently say that we all appreciate the positive feedback.

Like I said, everyone appreciates a little acknowledgement once in a while, at any age. Knowing that those comments are sincere makes it only that much nicer.

Dear mr_super-hunky,

After doing some research on this forum I discovered that YOU were the originator of the AB Forum Recital. I just want to personally say,
[Linked Image]

Daria

Only love is real, everything else is of ego and is an illusion.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
...there is some kind of redeeming quality knowing that the beautiful music that you are performing has been heard by many others.
That reminds me, I have some more statistics.

To give you an idea of the size of the vast worldwide audience for the recitals here are the download counts that I could find. I only have the .zip file counts for recitals 1 & 2 and the download counts for my individual submissions for recitals 3, 4 & 5.

As of 5/7/06 download counts from Recital # 1:

File 1 199
File 2 107
File 3 94
File 4 99

As of 7/27/06 download counts from Recital # 2:

Zip file 1 ... 193
Zip file 2 ... 131
Zip file 3 ... 150
Zip file 4 ... 106

As of today 2/20/07 download counts for the 3 .mp3 files I submitted:

Recital #3 205
Recital #4 122
Recital #5 96

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Jeepers, Copper, do you have to keep throwing those download numbers at us?! I'm imagining sitting at my M&H in front of an audience of 200 people and dropping in a dead faint. laugh

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Copper,

Every time I follow a link to the pages with the downloads for recitals #1 & #2 I'm taken back to the dates they were released with further links to the files, but many of these links go to savefile.com and an error message states that the file does not exist.

Do you know of anyone who has all the .mp3s from the first two recitals. I'd like to have them.

Thank you,

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission