Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1049804 - 12/07/07 09:35 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Matthijs: Oooh yeah very jazzy...kool

Les (Monster M&H): love the email attachment fab, FAB! like 'em both actually

Greg: so haunting, so christmassy (is that a word?)

epf: nice chorus

Elssa: my that is just so pretty

Serge: nice video...better angle than mine, good quality too

hopefully more comments to follow, I shall pop them onto my MP3 player and try to listen to them all...gigging season is now fully underway and I'm just sooo busy

Lee

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1049805 - 12/07/07 12:37 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Akira Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
This is the Adult Beginner's[/b] Forum, right? Have listened to some of the pieces (very nice, by the way), but they sound like they've been played by non-beginning fingers. I feel sort of intimated to post anything (believe me, it will[/b] sound like a beginner, if I do).

By the way, please don't let my post discourage anyone from posting. Was just voicing my thoughts. \:\)

#1049806 - 12/07/07 01:56 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Akira:

Yes, this IS an adult "beginer" forum and while there are many *advanced* beginers here, rest assured that many of us are not!.

The only way we all can hear your progress is for you to post up your music at your current ability levels. For many of us, our greatest satisfaction is not only to listen to nice piano music but also hearing the growth and improvement of our members.

You will not find a more supportive gathering of piano enthusiasts anywhere on the planet so please join us and post up some of your music for all of us to enjoy.

#1049807 - 12/07/07 02:32 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Betty Patnude Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Puyallup, Washington
Yes, it's confusing to me how AB's "rank" themselves here in the piano forum because there are all levels represented. While they are all adults, they do not represent a "true beginner" unless they are in the (for example) Alfred 1 and 2 books.

Perhaps they are using the idea that the opposite of a beginner is a "performer" or a person established in "classical literature", and therefore, every thing else in between the "true beginner" and the "performer" is in this forum. Perhaps, "Adult Learners" would be a 2nd title, above the "Adult Beginner", and perhaps "Returning Adult" would identify another facet of the AB's, with the higher level being "Adult Musician".

Something to think about. But I think AB's are very happy in their forum, a group of enthusiastic, supportive, and friendly adults.

To a piano teacher, and the method book publishers levels are:

Preparatory - Primer - Beginner - Easy Elementary
(All introductory and orientation for basic notation and beginning skills development)

Elementary (Level 1)

Late Elementary (Levels 2-3)

Early Intermediate (Levels 3-4)

Intermediate (Level 4)

Late Intermediate (Level 4-5-6)

Advanced

Professional

There are other ways to label these, and a difference of opinion may occur depending on the series being used, or the grading levels of certain "testing" membership associations.

The levels bring a student up through difficulty levels with the objective being proficiency and fluency in learning to play the piano.

Betty

#1049808 - 12/07/07 11:43 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
Rosanna, that is a very pretty piece. I'm not familiar with it, but I think you played it quite well.

flickr

#1049809 - 12/07/07 11:44 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Balladeer, nice job on Silent Night. It's nice to hear different interpretations of the classic Christmas songs.

flickr

#1049810 - 12/08/07 12:58 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
I've been listening to the xmas pieces backwards.

Balladeer.....I love this jazzy version of Silent Night. Is this your own improv?

Rosanna....I have not heard of this piece before, but it is a very charming piece.

gaffster....What a pretty version of o holy night. I love how your played the ending.

rocky.....fantastic rendition of frosty the snowman! Everything was perfect \:\)

gaffster...this piece, "time of the year" is unfamiliar to me. However, I like the bounciness of the piece.

rustyfingers....what a beautiful piece! I had really enjoyed listening to it. Love the sound of your piano too.

i played it better at home...another beautiful piece and very well played.

serge88.....It's really neat to hear different versions of silent night. Txs for sharing \:\)

mark....this is a much more traditional sounding version of greensleeves than mine which is very nice to hear. Great job mark

epf....txs for sharing....i have a glass of eggnog in hand listening.

elssa.....i like the intro...quite lovely

monster...i always look forward to your renditions...

flickr

#1049811 - 12/08/07 07:58 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Balladeer Offline

Hi Kawaigirl1 ...

I'm happy you enjoyed my pieces. These are my arrangements - but of course I cannot yet play them on the fly. Getting them arranged and played up to an acceptable speed usually takes me a couple of hours. Settling on my chord choices is the difficult part - so much candy to choose from! ... but that's also the fun part for me.

Thanks again.

Balladeer

#1049812 - 12/08/07 01:50 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I finally had a chance to listen to the chrismas recital,

S-H, good improvisation.

Peyton, nice singing.

Malhzeit, I like that nice jazzy sound.

Balladeer, christmas spirit.

C7, great and you have a good memory.

Irishmak, sweet.

M&H good performance.

Elssa, lovely.

Epf, another beautiful White Christmas.

Mark, really nice.

Kawaigirl1, You play like a pro.

I play it better at home, yes I agree

RustyFingers, very well played.

Gaffster, Great job performance.

Rocky, that is really good.

Rosanna, great I prefer the piano version.

Thanks everyone for sharing this beautiful music.

Serge

“Being able to hear recorded music freed up loads of musicians that couldn't necessarily afford to learn to read or write music. With recording, it was emancipation for the people.”
-Keith Richards

#1049813 - 12/08/07 09:26 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I still have a few more to listen to, but I wanted to pop in, first to say thanks for listening and being so generous and kind with your comments.

Also, guess what? I played an abbreviated version of my holiday piece live for my in-laws (a room of 7 people) tonight without throwing up on anyone. It was far from perfect, but I did it, and I have you guys to thank for that.

#1049814 - 12/11/07 06:19 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi everyone \:\)

Here's my video submission

If you click on this link to my blog:-

Click here to go to seasides blog

I have just posted a video recorded (sadly on the secondary camera of my mobile phone) but, it gives you an idea of what it is like playing my favourite (its a kinda love hate relationship to be honest) out of tune lobby piano.

Somewhere in there is "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"

Merry Christmas everyone

Lee \:\)

#1049815 - 12/11/07 04:01 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Lee, too bad the video is not really good. I have a Casio Ex-Z750 I can do video and photo on a memory card and it's not expensive.

Serge

“Being able to hear recorded music freed up loads of musicians that couldn't necessarily afford to learn to read or write music. With recording, it was emancipation for the people.”
-Keith Richards

#1049816 - 12/11/07 04:35 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Oh Christmas Tree

What Child Is This

I hope they're not too awful.

flickr

#1049817 - 12/11/07 04:52 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay area
Seaside,
Wow, that really gives me an idea what it's like to be playing for your crowd. Does it bother or at least distract you, all this noise while you play? Do you have to ignore them as much as they are ignoring you?!

#1049818 - 12/11/07 05:18 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Serge:

Yes, the video isn't very good but, it should give you a feel for what its like playing in a busy lobby/bar area . I'm looking into a better way to record the video...but that noise is just how it is!!!

Hi Rosanna:

Quote:
Do you have to ignore them as much as they are ignoring you?!
The secret is to just play for yourself and blank it all out for a while, after a few minutes your heart beat returns to normal and its okay from then on.

In the early evening most people just ignore you or they give maybe a little smile but at 2-00 AM in the morning! that lounge is a whole different experience!!...people have had a great time and want the party to carry on and if you sit on that piano you better be ready for requests!, drunks!, hot chicks \:\) (and erm...not so hot chicks )and mad sing-a-longs (I love every moment of it to be honest \:D )

I know it was a difficult video to watch so thanks for taking a look and saying something nice (at least there was no singing in this one ;\) )

Lee
\:\)

#1049819 - 12/11/07 05:55 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

rocky: Frosty the Snowman was cute

Tx: Oh Christmas Tree is just lovely how could that be awful? its delightful and what child is this is fab too...very nice playing as always

Lee

#1049820 - 12/11/07 06:05 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

TXDennis, both pieces were great! I like the rhythm, the bluesy sound and feel very much. And they were very well played.

Seaside, I know you are having fun, and I am really happy for you. (BTW your singing in the other demo video did make me laugh - but it's always a good thing to make others laugh!)

#1049821 - 12/11/07 06:08 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
GRRMIKE2 Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hi all. I've had great fun listening to all of the holiday songs. Isn't Christmas a great time to know how to play a little piano?! Here's my musical wish to you all.

Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Mike

#1049822 - 12/11/07 06:19 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

grrmike2, that's sweet! very clear recording quality too.

#1049823 - 12/11/07 08:15 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TX-Dennis Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Nice job, GRRMIKE2. Thanks for the good wishes - right back at ya, sir.

Seaside, Rosanna you are both too kind, as usual.

flickr

#1049824 - 12/11/07 10:57 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
LiszThalberg Offline
3000 Post Club Member

So, uhh... here's my "rockin" christmas carol!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XPSEORB19bQ

Camera shifts angles about 30 seconds into the song, thanks dad! ;\)

#1049825 - 12/12/07 01:01 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Here's another version of Holy Night this time I changed the chord and the accompaniement.

http://www.box.net/shared/0mulc72a6y

the old version,

http://www.box.net/shared/o3ykxi98cr

I wonder which one you prefer.

Serge

-Keith Richards

#1049826 - 12/12/07 01:04 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Debussy20, that's great but too bad the piano is not loud enough.

Serge

-Keith Richards

#1049827 - 12/12/07 07:42 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

GRRMIKE2: Always one of my fav Xmas tunes...a lovely version thanks

Serge: I prefer version 2

Matt: Love it

#1049828 - 12/12/07 09:40 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Rossana, that was wonderful! Really nicely played.
TX-Denis- That little bit of blues you put in really makes it. It makes me want to get out my bass and do a little walking...

Seaside Lee- That's about the worst video quality I've seen in a while \:D but man it looks like you are really having some fun!! You have such a nice relaxed way of playing. Just great playing.

Mike- a really sweet version. That's a great arrangement.

#1049829 - 12/12/07 11:40 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Seaside Lee- That's about the worst video quality I've seen in a while
Oh Nooooo - What a wally I am!!! DOH!!!! :rolleyes:

I have just realized as I was flicking through the settings on my cameraphone this afternoon that I had the video set to the lowest quality for sending picture messages...duh

Had to try it at a higher setting this afternoon (I was so excited about my discovery!) this is just a little test and the angle is all wrong but it is Christmassy

Is this setting a little more watchable??...if it is, I'll try and record another over the next few nights at my favourite out of tune lobby piano

Video test at a higher setting...DOH!

Lee

#1049830 - 12/12/07 12:40 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TThomas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, VA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Seaside_Lee:
Oh Nooooo - What a wally I am!!! DOH!!!! :rolleyes: [/b]
LOL, a wally !?

Hey, Lee - I watched them both and I definitely think this one is better. Very pretty, by the way. I'd love to hear it through quality audio.

Now, THAT'S how to set a Holiday mood! Got your supps all lines up behind ya! How cool is it to have a piano at your gym!?

Iiiiiiii'm dreeeaaaaming of a Prolab Naturally Lean Matrix Cinnamon and Oatmeal MRP Christmaaas.....

#1049831 - 12/12/07 12:54 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Tina \:\)

Quote:
How cool is it to have a piano at your gym!?
its just waaay too cool

Quote:
Iiiiiiii'm dreeeaaaaming of a Prolab Naturally Lean Matrix Cinnamon and Oatmeal MRP Christmaaas.....
Yes...

Lee \:D

For wally read 'birdbrain' or think...erm...ya know? - 'dumb and dumber' that sort of thing...'buffoon'! thats it!! \:\)

#1049832 - 12/12/07 01:04 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
TThomas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, VA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Seaside_Lee:
For wally read 'birdbrain' or think...erm...ya know? - 'dumb and dumber' that sort of thing...'buffoon'! thats it!! [/b]
Ahhhh. Well I should have known, as I've probably seen Dumb & Dumber 2-3 times! :rolleyes: Guess there's dumb, dumber, then me! Heck, I thought maybe it was some strange reference to Leave it to Beaver (not sure if that show aired in the UK).

Tina

#1049833 - 12/12/07 01:41 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

{{erm...trying not to take it too far off topic here ;\) }}

Leave it to Beaver?? erm nope

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
10/19/14 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/19/14 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
10/19/14 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
10/19/14 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
10/19/14 04:23 PM
Who's Online
76 registered (barbaram, Al LaPorte, ando, bennevis, 20 invisible), 1179 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325591 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission