Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1049744 - 11/30/07 11:48 PM ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Yup, it's December and time for some holiday music. In this thread, everyone is encouraged to submit a holiday piece (or two, three etc) and start the season off right by sharing your holiday music with everyone.

If you have any self-performed holiday themed piano music that you wish to share with the rest of us, simply reply to this thread and post up your submission.

I will start off by posting up several pieces which are all original re-compositions of traditional holiday scores.(if that exists!). have a listen and enjoy.

.Greensleeves/We three kings medley[/b]
www.pinnaclepeakllamaranch.com/greensleeveswethreekings.mp3

.My favorite things[/b]
www.pinnaclepeakllamaranch.com/myfavoritethings.mp3

.Christmas time is here[/b]
www.pinnaclepeakllamaranch.com/ChristmasTime.mp3

.Jingle bells[/b]
www.pinnaclepeakllamaranch.com/jinglebells.mp3

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1049745 - 12/01/07 07:38 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
MarKey Offline

Nice Hunky, are you still playing your BB?

#1049746 - 12/01/07 07:43 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
I started writing this song during last year's holiday recital.

http://www.box.net/shared/to9lss8j5d

Christmas Day Again

It’s Christmas Day and I’m up with the sun
Gotta feed the chickens and let the horses out to run.
Then get the paper and walk down the drive.
It’s so quite I can hear the trucks whine down on i-95.
It’s Christmas day and you would hardly even know.
Except there’s a wreath on our door with a faded scarlet bow.
I go back inside and sit and watch the dawn.
Just one more reminder of old time marching on.

And then my wife comes down in her robe,
and she hugs and holds me up close
she whispers in her sweet kind of way
Hey, It’s Christmas Day.

(bridge)

It’s Christmas Day, the tree’s in it’s spot.
I bought it for 15 dollars from the guy out in the car lot.
He said “Merry Christmas” as he tied it to the rear.
I said “Yea back at ya, and I guess I’ll see you again next year."
It’s Christmas day, our kids have all grown.
They’ve gone off to have families and Christmas of their own.
Their sleds are in the barn, rusting away
And they could care less now if it snows on Christmas day.

And then my wife takes the coffee off the stove
Lets the dog go out to play.
She turns on all the Christmas lights
as she always does on Christmas day

(Bridge)

I sit down by my my wife's side
in this old house where all our memories lay
And together we count
all the happy times we've always had
on Christmas day.

#1049747 - 12/01/07 07:46 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Happy Birthday SideShow Offline

Loc: Belgium
* waiting for my piano to get tuned and for my h2 to be delivered *

#1049748 - 12/01/07 07:57 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
mahlzeit Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Netherlands
I don't know if it's "really nice" or "Holiday music" but it's based on Silent Night at least: ;\)
http://www.originalsolopiano.com/2007/11/18/36-silent-night-chill-out/

#1049749 - 12/01/07 09:07 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Balladeer Offline

Hi SH - well, you've nearly got a full CD's worth of stuff there ... and some might fine "stuff" it is too! \:D

Nice work, Peyton ... those of you who can play and sing are special!

Hi Matthijs - more cool sounds from you! \:\) You are sounding more and more "at home" at the keyboard.

Here is a little offering...

http://www.box.net/shared/gqd14sc52b

Balladeer

#1049750 - 12/01/07 09:14 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
OK, here's mine but first a disclaimer. I don't have the sheet music for this piece, in fact, I don't even own the CD it's on. I heard it a few years ago at a friends house and really liked the melody. When I learned the title, I liked the piece even more since in the CD version George Winston does a left to right fade through the whole piece which evokes the image of you being in your home and minstrels playing while they passed by. I thought that was pretty cool. So, when I saw the holiday thread, I decided to spend a few minutes learning the melody (it's pretty simple) and record it. It's not normalized because that destroys the gradual fade in/fade out pianissimo and I might not play it exactly right (I'm operating on a two year old recollection) but, without any further ado:

Midnight Part Three: Minstrels

Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas!

#1049751 - 12/01/07 09:51 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

SH, I love the way you did the Greensleeves medly especially the beginning. It's really beautiful.

Matthijs, Sounds "nice" to me. \:\) That Rhodes sound is very appropriate.

#1049752 - 12/01/07 10:46 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Here's a simple version of one of my favorite carols-
Silent Night

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1049753 - 12/01/07 11:22 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Les Koltvedt Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canton, MI
A couple from last years session...
It Must have been the Mistletoe

I attach Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas to an email and send out to colleagues just before Christmas
PTG Associate

#1049754 - 12/01/07 12:21 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Central Texas
Here's what most people think of when they think of Irving Berlin's White Christmas . It's actually just the chorus.

Ed

YouTube Channel

#1049755 - 12/01/07 03:35 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Elssa Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
"Christmas Waltz" (Jule Styne): www.box.net/shared/26b8visyyi \:\)

#1049756 - 12/01/07 04:12 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Ok here's mine, White Christmas, I tried to play my own version.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5vfBzRc2U

Serge

“Being able to hear recorded music freed up loads of musicians that couldn't necessarily afford to learn to read or write music. With recording, it was emancipation for the people.”
-Keith Richards

#1049757 - 12/01/07 04:19 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
Great stuff everyone...

Here is a very short Greensleeves from the Alfred book one. Really haven't had time to work on a Christmas piece...

http://www.box.net/shared/oarnmtf7gt

#1049758 - 12/01/07 05:57 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MarKey:
Nice Hunky, are you still playing your BB? [/b]
VERY Soon!. Next wed in fact!.

Since our move, I have been playing and recording on the Roland digital.

I am eagerly awaiting my acoustic as we've been separated since April.

#1049759 - 12/01/07 07:42 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Serge88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

To all, great christmas song!!

Here's another one, Silent Night

http://www.box.net/shared/o3ykxi98cr

Serge

“Being able to hear recorded music freed up loads of musicians that couldn't necessarily afford to learn to read or write music. With recording, it was emancipation for the people.”
-Keith Richards

#1049760 - 12/01/07 11:34 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Just now getting a chance to listen to some of the submissions. We had a bad snow storm here in northern Arizona last night and knocked out our satelite reception.

Anyway, Peyton[/b], your original x-mas song was really incredible. Your openeing chords gave me goosebumps!. Not bad singing either but it was your super nice chords and melody that did it for me.

Mahzeit[/b], what can I say but groovy!. That was a really kewl twist to x-mas staple.

Balladeer[/b], As always, your performance is perfect. It's going on my holiday music cd to ME !.

#1049761 - 12/02/07 05:05 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Yeah, we got a pretty bad snow storm here too. It started out as snow, then today we got freezing rain! So I decided to stay indoor and record a short X-mas piece.

It's called Greensleeves by the Mannheim Steamroller. It's got a long intro, so the meat & potato of the piece doesn't start till about 2 min in.

http://www.box.net/shared/9nnk1cg9nf

flickr

#1049762 - 12/02/07 06:15 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Balladeer- that was so sweet and mellow!

C7- Yea... I can really feel like I'm inside, it's snowing and there go those minstrels. Really nice. \:\)

#1049763 - 12/02/07 06:56 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
SAnnM AB-2001 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Here's another one... It's from last year as I haven't had the patience to actually learn one this year. I'm only one page into "Angels we have heard on high".... so this is

What Child is This

#1049764 - 12/02/07 10:22 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
mamawatchman Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Quote:
Originally posted by I played it better at home:
Here's another one... It's from last year as I haven't had the patience to actually learn one this year. I'm only one page into "Angels we have heard on high".... so this is

What Child is This [/b]
Very pretty arrangement of this song. Great job!

Char

#1049765 - 12/02/07 10:50 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the holiday cheer.

Here's my entry (be warned, it's kinda long...)
Walking in the Air

by Howard Blake, written for the TV adaptation of The Snowman by Raymond Briggs, arranged by George Winston. Most of the music came from the new George Winston piano solo book, but the bridge I got from another unreliable source and had to guess a little, so it isn't really faithful to George.

I'm still having trouble setting my Zoom H4 for the proper recording level--I had a better take that recorded too low--this one has a better overall level, but is clipped in a few spots. Sigh. On the other hand, we're having our first snowfall, which is fitting.

Here are the lyrics for anyone who is interested:

We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you

Far across the world
The villages go by like trees
The rivers and the hills
The forests and the streams

Children gaze open mouth
Taken by surprise
Nobody down below believes their eyes

We're surfing in the air
We're swimming in the frozen sky
We're drifting over icy
Mountains floating by

Suddenly swooping low on an ocean deep
Arousing of a mighty monster from its sleep

We're walking in the air
We're floating in the midnight sky

#1049766 - 12/02/07 11:13 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
gaffster Offline

Loc: east central florida
Nice Work All. Hope its OK, I made a xmas cd for my morning commute \:\) I saw that "the piano guy" did a nice "carol of the bells" show, anyone do that?

Here is an idea for snappy little xmas original. It is unusual in that it is a piano duo (as opposed to a duet). Maybe I'll finish it on xmas day.

http://www.box.net/shared/b3i7sfnolt

#1049767 - 12/03/07 02:50 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
funburger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1049768 - 12/03/07 09:52 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Oh such great music! I still haven't gotten through it all thanks to that dratted stomach bug my son gave me, but I have played and enjoyed so far:

1.) Super-hunky's "What child is this/greensleeves". If this is a taste of what the "A super-hunky christmas" album is going to be like, I want a dozen copies. I really liked the high note flourishes you hit a couple of times.

2.) Peyton. When I saw you had a new song posted, I immediately called down to my daughter and we both sat and listened to it. A little slower than your usual fare, but very nice and contemplative. I'm glad you put that last verse in, though, as I was starting to feel a little depressed at the thought of an empty nest at Christmas time. \:D

3.) rustyfingers, GREAT JOB with the Winston piece, especially adding that bridge in. I have what's probably the same unofficial transcription as you do, but that part was way too intimidating for me. You play it like a pro.

4.) Mahlzeit, beautiful jazzy job on "silent night." And much more traditional than your unique "spooky night" (from a year or so ago?), which I still like to play every now and then just for something different.

5.) kawaigirl: I do love the Mannheim Steamroller arrangements, and as usual, expertly played.

My piano is being tuned on the 6th, and I hope to put in some recording time after that. With any luck I'll get something posted before the 25th.

#1049769 - 12/03/07 11:32 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Monica. I know it's slow but it's supposed to be a bitter sweet Christmas tune. It's not totally autobiographical but...I'm getting there. Only, after four years of my kid in GW University it won't be a house I walk back into...it will be a tent. \:D

#1049770 - 12/03/07 08:43 PM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, KY
There is a post about how to reach performance standards....well.....the way I do it is to set my standards very low in the first place!! :p

You might have heard me play before so you know what to expect! \:D

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

#1049771 - 12/04/07 12:54 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay area
Thanks everyone for bringing in the holiday spirits. I have been doing Xmas cards and such, so this performance thread has been just the right thing.

#1049772 - 12/04/07 08:40 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I've started to listen--it's getting me in the spirit. Here are a few comments:

Mr. S-H, My Favorite Things is one of my favorite things. We played this at my mom’s memorial service and had some of her things there as well! (She was a collector)

Christmas Time is Here: I used to sing this in an a cappella group. The harmonies are just stunning--I like the Jingle Bells reference at the end!

Peyton: Very poignant—I always get very nostalgic around Christmas. I can see that you do too. Thanks for sharing this very touching song. (another Jingle Bells quote—cool).

Mahlzeit: Silent night—very laid back and mellow--nice.

Balladeer: I’ll Be Home for Christmas—Another nostalgic piece—sounds like something from a 40s piano bar. I like it.

C7—neat song. You must have a great memory. How’d you do that?

#1049773 - 12/04/07 09:20 AM Re: ABF Holiday Performances, (really nice holiday music from our members)
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
 Quote:
Originally posted by rustyfingers:

C7—neat song. You must have a reat memory. How’d you do that? [/b]
Glad you enjoyed it. I seem to have a good memory for melodies, nowhere near on the level of Mozart (who could play a complicated piece from memory years later after only hearing it once) but if a melody catches my attention I generally tend to remember it, even years later.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
175 registered (accordeur, aesop, ajames, 55 invisible), 1819 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156835 Topics
2304481 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
For Sale: PE-2 PIANO PEDAL EXTENDER
by TakomaRose
2 minutes 24 seconds ago
How is this possible?
by kaanguner
3 minutes 14 seconds ago
Questions About Piano Magic for Sheet Music Readers
by newbert
14 minutes 54 seconds ago
Hammers and action parts selection for Mason and Hamlin
by Lyra
Today at 12:46 PM
Looking for SoCal retailers to try an RD-800 or MP7
by Delphian2001
Today at 12:19 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission