2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Aha. Beat you to Sir btb!

I just wanted to join all the good wishes expressed by the forum members.
I really appreciate you, and always enjoyed your posts spiced with your sense of humor.
Just ignore Gyro. He often annoys me, so I opted out for stopping reading his posts, they are absolutely worthless IMHO. Do not let the moody Mr Grumpy obscure the warm feeling showed of everybody else.

All the best for you. Hope that you get better.

All you need is trust... (and a bit of pixie dust!)
[Linked Image]
B
B
Oh my.
I'm still trying to assimilate Gyro's post. It's beyond the realm of common sense confused

Hunky,
Don't discount what you have done. You are an example of courage, perseverence - you are going after what you want to do despite all that, always aiming for your goals. How many people reading your story, and also having read your numerous lighter things where you are nonetheless fully involved in music, will be touched by this? How many are struggling against unknown things? How many may be focusing on half empty glasses instead of half full ones? How many people have you helped and inspired, and continue doing so, simply by having shared this?

You know better than to take that nonsense seriously - though it is more than normal to have been stung; sheesh, who wouldn't be!

Gyro, that kind of wishful and magical thinking doesn't help anybody. There is a line between positive thinking and denying what is there. It is cruel, not helpful, to throw out statements of this kind.

I am horrible at falling asleep, but I can usually fall asleep in less than 20 minutes if I play a TV show like South Park or Family Guy in the background. I usually doze off right in the middle of it. I don't watch it, and I make sure that the screen's light won't distract me, and I just fall asleep listening to it. It takes my mind off of myself and my physical body and makes the transition to sleep easier.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
I am really annoyed at the insensitivity of Gyro. I make it a point not to respond to any of his absurd comments, but this time, I just have to say that he is a first class boor.

I am so sorry that Super Hunky is going through all of this. The combination of unrelenting pain and insomnia is dreadful enough to deal with. Our wonderful Super Hunky certainly doesn't need such cruel comments from Gyro. The milk human kindness runs thin in Gyro's veins. Gaby Tu

No one is forced to read his posts. A very quick skim does for me.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by keyboardklutz:
No one is forced to read his posts.
But most do just naturally - and not because of their anticipated enlightened and informed insights, but precisely & hopefully because of the often (and alleged) lack thereof.

A very quick skim does for me.
It would seem that for many here even a "quick skim" would amount - in effect - to a "casual perusal".

Regards

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
G
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
G
[YD]: I've removed offensive post.

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
[YD]: Offensive quote removed.

Okay, now the gloves have to come off.

You are full of it, Gyro. There's no other way to put it.

It is precisely because—and ONLY because—of "those expensive 'anti-AIDS' drugs" that people are no longer dying.

It all changed in 1996 with the introduction of the first drugs in the protease inhibitor category. In the past twenty years, we have gone from an arsenal of exactly ONE inefficient drug to dozens from which to choose that actually do what they are supposed to. They work, and they are the only thing that works. If you don't take them, you die. Sometimes you die anyway.

What's your personal experience here that confers any authority whatsoever on your delusional opinion?

Why in the world can you not stick to the one single area in which you have an iota of knowledge—the prices of digital pianos? Your net contribution to this forum is beyond merely negative because you are so far beyond ignorant. Your unique combination of insolence and ignorance makes you uniquely dangerous.

Be warned: keep posting bull**** and you will be called out each and every time. I'm fed up with it, and I can copy and paste my own rebuttals to your idiocy just as readily as you can post your garbage.

Steven

G
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
G
[YD]: Offensive and OT post removed

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
[YD] Offensive & OT quote removed.

The only liar here is you, Gyro, and no one is gullible here except the newbies you attempt to poison.

Steven

YD Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow, guys. this is FAR off topic here. Mr. S-H, I am afraid if you still have not gotten enough answers re: original question (also OTm BTW), you'll have to ask again. This topic is now CLOSED.

Yuri
FWIW; YMMV
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission