Originally posted by Mark...:
Well its getting close to the start of another year. So its time to start the MOYD (Master of Your Domain) list for 2009. Its a great motivator for playing every day. And if you master your domain you will be a better piano player.
Here are the MOYD rules and the list of participants. If you wish to join after Jan. 1, shout out on this thread (and tell us the date you're starting) and I'll add you to the list. To keep the thread short, I won't reply to your post other than to add you to the MOYD list.
MOYD, for those who aren't well aware and truly sick of it by now, means "Master Of Your Domain." We stole it from Seinfeld, fair and square. This will be our Fifth year doing MOYD.
MOYD is a challenge/contest where we each pledge to get to the piano for some amount of practice every single day. MOYD participants keep up this daily practice as long as they can. Anyone who misses a day must come here and declare that they are "out" of MOYD.
1. Participating in MOYD requires you to sit on the piano bench and play something at least once daily. That's it. There is no minimum amount of time required. But 5 Min's or more would be nice. Just get to the bench every day, it will become a habit, and good things will happen to your piano skills.
2. If you are away from home, you don't have to practice. You go to the 'Excused list"
3. If you are sick, you don't have to practice.
You go to the 'Excused list"
4. If you are "out" because you miss a day, you come here and tell us the sad tale of woe that kept you from practicing. In the past, the reasons people failed to get to the piano usually boiled down to "I forgot." You then go to the fall off the wagon list.
5. We close all MOYD lists on September 30th.
Nice signature pictures will be offered to those who are 2009 MOYD winners.
So leave me a message here for 2009 and I'll add you to the list..
Nice signature pictures will be offered to those who meet their goals for 2009.
The MOYD signatures for 2009 will be post some time in the beginning of the year. Here are the MOYD 2008 signatures for those who have earned them.
MOYD starts January 1, 2009.
For 2009 We have the following categories:
January 1, 2009[/b]
Pure MOYD list[/b], those who practiced everyday no excuses:
P I A N O piano
Excused MOYD List[/b], excused for sick, travel etc...
Back on the MOYD[/b], for those who fell off the MOYD wagon and got back on with new start date.
Late MOYD starter[/b] list with date. For someone new who wants to join after Jan 1 2009.
As another motivator and a way to track your practice I highly recommend this website for logging your practice: http://www.pcsincnet.com/PW_Practice_Club/
So leave me a message here for 2009 and I'll add you to the list... MOYD 2008 Thread MOYD 2007 Thread MOYD 2006 Thread