2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, 12 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 452 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 451 452
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by PianoN00b:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2Yl-E3Jyd0
that is me playing the Raisins and Almonds in the book one. I am not sure if that is the way it should sound like. If there are ANY suggestions I would love it.
Well done. Sounds right to me...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
that's very nice pianonoob, keep it up you're doing really well.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
I
I
Yes, I agree - great job. My teacher made me play it a tad slower.

Therese

Good, better, best; never let it rest, 'till your good be better and your better - Best!
you sound great pianonoob...i envy you..lol

"Be of love a little more careful than of anything."
Oh I am flattered.

I am piano noob today; I will be piano pro tomorrow.

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. smile
Well done PianoN00b, that's great progress in 3 months. Just a small point which you have probably corrected, the final 4 LH notes are a hand stretch with the thumb, not finger 2, playing the final note. wink

Sundew, my teacher told me that too haha, but it is hard to undo a mistake. And I do not see any difference if i play it with my second finger.

Started Piano 7-2007.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Well done PianoN00b, I'm envious, I'm still working on O Sole Mio. That's a smart looking piano your playing, what kind is it, is it yours?

Originally posted by crusader:
Well done PianoN00b, I'm envious, I'm still working on O Sole Mio. That's a smart looking piano your playing, what kind is it, is it yours?
Yeah, my parents were trusting enough to buy me that 3,000$ piano. It's a Cable Nelson CN116. It's not bad.

Started Piano 7-2007.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I took a stab at amazing grace last night and started to record it, but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr guess who doesn't like it when i sit at the piano?

I tell you this pup hates it when I play. He'll sit by me and start crying, he'll then look at me to see if I'm paying attention to him. I started ignoring him.

Yesterday when I was about to record amazing grace he got every cotton pickin toy out and started racing from one end of the house to where I was throwing his toys at me.

it's funny now that I think about it but it wasn't last night.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Oxfords Gal:
I took a stab at amazing grace last night and started to record it, but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr guess who doesn't like it when i sit at the piano?

I tell you this pup hates it when I play. He'll sit by me and start crying, he'll then look at me to see if I'm paying attention to him. I started ignoring him.

Yesterday when I was about to record amazing grace he got every cotton pickin toy out and started racing from one end of the house to where I was throwing his toys at me.

it's funny now that I think about it but it wasn't last night.
lol...my new puppy loves to sit by me while I play and takes a nap. He's my only fan.... laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
He used to up to a couple weeks ago. He used to run from outside in and lay down when I would start playing but he's kind of in that stage now and extremely spoiled. he wants me to give him all the attention all the time.

either that or i'm getting worse. hahahahaha

Greetings, everyone! I'm a 36 year old beginner.

I'm attempting to use Alfred's Basic to learn to read music, after 10 years of noodling around and playing piano by ear. I took a few Celtic harp lessons four years ago - but I gave them up after I learned proper fingering technique, and now just play my harp by ear as well.

Alfred's is proving to be slow going for me. I'm on page 39 ("Beautiful Brown Eyes") after one month of sincere effort.

My goals are modest, I only hope to learn to read "Easy Piano", and possibly up to early intermediate, notation. For example, I'd like to play some easy arrangements of John Williams' compositions from the "Harry Potter" movies.

I'm very, very happy to have found this forum, and all of you.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Sherwood:
Greetings, everyone! I'm a 36 year old beginner.

I'm attempting to use Alfred's Basic to learn to read music, after 10 years of noodling around and playing piano by ear. I took a few Celtic harp lessons four years ago - but I gave them up after I learned proper fingering technique, and now just play my harp by ear as well.

Alfred's is proving to be slow going for me. I'm on page 39 ("Beautiful Brown Eyes") after one month of sincere effort.

My goals are modest, I only hope to learn to read "Easy Piano", and possibly up to early intermediate, notation. For example, I'd like to play some easy arrangements of John Williams' compositions from the "Harry Potter" movies.

I'm very, very happy to have found this forum, and all of you.
Welcome Sherwood to Piano World and the Alfred threads. I think you will like the helpful and fun people we have here. Feel free to ask questions, as we have a few teachers who drop by and help out.

Mark...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Sherwood, welcome to the forum glad you found us.!!!

Welcome Sherwood. I am beginning my 3rd month of lessons now. I bought a large book of "Easy Piano Songs" which is my short term goal of being able to play. I have a question for you all. I am on page 69 or so, which in my book is the next song after Beautiful Brown Eyes (I started this song and can't remember the darn name). I wanted my teacher to start me out on one of the songs which was "Moon River".

I forgot what it was specifically but I ditched that one and asked to start on "Edelweiss" which looked easier in the book. The first week was a disaster and the teacher said I needed to move my thumbs around. The second week, I'm still kind of lost.

Anyway, at what point were you all were ready to play some "Easy Piano Songs"? Is it too early for me yet? Also does anyone have Edelweiss in easy piano so I could hear it. I went to youtube and I think they're playing the full version but even my first line doesn't sound like the full version ones on youtube.

Kawai RX2/Yamaha Digital YPG625
Thanks for the welcomes! It is nice to know others are working through this, too.

By the way, has anyone any idea what Alpine Melody is supposed to sound like? My way can't be right, and I can't find any postings for it on Youtube.

Sherwood, I have the CD version so I can send you the file when I get home. That's the song I'm on that I couldn't remember. If you get it beforehand just PM me and let me know.

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

Edit: Ninja8701, is the Edelweiss you speak of from the Alfred's greatest hits book? I have that one and the Christmas hits. I haven't successfully played anything out of either one, I seem to be stuck in the method hand positions, and can't seem to figure them out. The fingerings seem weird.

No, it's another book I bought. Called "Best Songs Ever" in easy piano version. By Hal Leonard 6th Edition. Look it up. Beautiful songs. Did that file work for you on windows media?

Page 20 of 452 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission