2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
33 members (Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 452 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 451 452
could someone upload it for me please??
i can't find the book...
*sorry...*

P
P
Surprised me, "The Entertainer" is quite doable, with the exception of that one tricky measure on the second page. It's nothing some more practice won't fix, though.

But I like its "Not Fast!" tempo. I can brag to my teacher and say "I can finally play a song at its indicated tempo".

Now, just a little more practice with Amazing Grace (for now I'll call it "Amazingly Hard"), and I can join in on the book 2 thread.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally posted by pumphead:
could someone upload it for me please??
i can't find the book...
*sorry...*
Hi pumphead, I think we may have missed what you are looking for, could you be more explicit please?

I hope I'm not making a mistake. I started getting impatient and flipped through the book. I found Scarborough Fair (which is around 50 pages ahead from where I should be) and just started practicing it. It's such a nice song and I want to learn it before resuming the book. The pedaling is fun too.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Tuan Vo:
I hope I'm not making a mistake. I started getting impatient and flipped through the book. I found Scarborough Fair (which is around 50 pages ahead from where I should be) and just started practicing it. It's such a nice song and I want to learn it before resuming the book. The pedaling is fun too.
I guess it's not a problem unless you never go back and do the preceding pages. I like to let the series play out and let the program work at building my skills. Some songs build you up for the next piece so you can be missing some info if you jump ahead...

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Perplexed:
Surprised me, "The Entertainer" is quite doable, with the exception of that one tricky measure on the second page. It's nothing some more practice won't fix, though.

But I like its "Not Fast!" tempo. I can brag to my teacher and say "I can finally play a song at its indicated tempo".

Now, just a little more practice with Amazing Grace (for now I'll call it "Amazingly Hard"), and I can join in on the book 2 thread.
The end of the top line on the second page going to second line. Thats the only real tough measures. It sounds pretty darn good too. I play it every day.

Huzzah! I got back on track, picking up where I left off in the book.

I have just slain "Beautiful Brown Eyes" and "Alpine Melody" in one sitting.

I really enjoy pedalling now. laugh

Oh.. and I had to use the search function to revive this thread. Huzzah!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
good for you tuan, I didn't like pedaling until I read one of my methods that explained it in detail.

Up until then I didn't know you had to hit the note first then bring the pedal down.

Can these posts be stickied? It would be nice

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
P
P
Mark: Yes, that's the trouble spot. It still causes a small amount of problems, but it's quite manageable. For being an easy version of the song, it does have a great sound to it.

While waiting for the newest lesson (which was yesterday), I went through the second half of book #1 and tried playing each song. It's surprising how I've gained progress since starting the book.

I could play almost every song correctly the first time without any real problems, other than Amazing Grace (of course), and Little Brown Jug (surprised me).

And although I now have Book #2, I'll definitely continue to practice from Book #1 if only to get all the songs up to par.

Originally posted by Oxfords Gal:
Up until then I didn't know you had to hit the note first then bring the pedal down.
Wow. I didn't know that either. I always simultaneously pressed the pedal as I pressed the note. But I can see the logic behind stepping after pressing the note. It prevents those awkward silences and pauses.

Can anyone upload all of the songs from the CD? There are just some songs that I have no clue how it sounds like, so it is hard to play it...

I am piano noob today; I will be piano pro tomorrow.

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. smile
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by PianoN00b:
Can anyone upload all of the songs from the CD? There are just some songs that I have no clue how it sounds like, so it is hard to play it...
The opening post will link you to a few of the pieces. Also go through the thread, there might be a few more.

Mark

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Perplexed:
Mark: Yes, that's the trouble spot. It still causes a small amount of problems, but it's quite manageable. For being an easy version of the song, it does have a great sound to it.

While waiting for the newest lesson (which was yesterday), I went through the second half of book #1 and tried playing each song. It's surprising how I've gained progress since starting the book.

I could play almost every song correctly the first time without any real problems, other than Amazing Grace (of course), and Little Brown Jug (surprised me).

And although I now have Book #2, I'll definitely continue to practice from Book #1 if only to get all the songs up to par.
Its amazing, (pun intended) laugh , how working the books improves your skills. Amazing Grace does take some time. I just about have it 100% and I'm well into book two.

Mark

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
You can try a search in You Tube, there's usually a video of someone playing songs from Alfred's. I just typed in "Beautiful brown eyes" and came up with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kv_kRi6srM

That version is slightly different from the book's. It has a few 8th notes placed here and there. It should give an idea of what the song sounds like nonetheless.

I've been going through the book without the CD and I think it's all for the better. At first I was really struggling with rhythm, but now I can follow through with the sheet music quite easily. The only thing I won't know how to distinguish is the tempo, so I usually try to play every song slowly, moderately, and if I'm bold enough, fast.

I think it's important to try for yourself all the way through a song first, then listen to see if you made any mistakes and then learn from those mistakes. Also, by trying it out first, you'll have your very own interpretation of the song. smile

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
In view of todays date I will now be posting as "crusader" formerly "redcoat".

I
I
I am also a true beginner, been playing for nine months now. I started on Entertainer and Amazing Grace today - gosh!

I'll probably be on Amazing Grace for 4 weeks and also my piano teacher will probably get impatient and move me onto book two. smile

Therese

Good, better, best; never let it rest, 'till your good be better and your better - Best!
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by IamElise:
I am also a true beginner, been playing for nine months now. I started on Entertainer and Amazing Grace today - gosh!

I'll probably be on Amazing Grace for 4 weeks and also my piano teacher will probably get impatient and move me onto book two. smile
Amazing Grace takes some time to polish...see you in book two soon...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
hi elise,

that's the nice thing about these 2 threads, we're all true beginners in here. It's a nice haven to come to after listening to all the freaking talented veterans out there.

We'll see you in book 2 soon. yay

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2Yl-E3Jyd0
that is me playing the Raisins and Almonds in the book one. I am not sure if that is the way it should sound like. If there are ANY suggestions I would love it.

I am piano noob today; I will be piano pro tomorrow.

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. smile
Page 19 of 452 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission