2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (Cominut, Animisha, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 60 of 452 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 451 452
D
D
Originally posted by mom3gram:
I just played Cafe Vienna all the way through without a mistake. ...... I'm proud of myself.
Congratulations smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mom3gram:
I just played Cafe Vienna all the way through without a mistake. Now that may not seem like much, but I've been working on this song for 10 days now and usually can't play the first four mesures without a mistake. In fact, I practice those 4 measures slowly about 10 times each day before I even attempt the whole song. And today I played it cleanly. I'm proud of myself.
Deservedly so! Congrats mom3gram. thumb

Music speaks where words fails.
J
J
What's more fun than a milestone? I really enjoyed learning Cafe Vienna -- it seemed like playing "real music", and I did not find it easy.

Good for you!

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
D
D
Originally posted by jrcallan:
At my stage of the game (8 mos. self-teaching), it's hard to remember to pay attention to musicality, I mean, not just getting the notes right. It's funny how, even on a simple song like Jericho, how much expression you can add with changes in energy, ala p,pp,ff, etc. To me, that's the fun part.
I am finding of late I am able to put a little expression into my playing, before it was just tying to get it right with no thought on how I was playing the piece.

As an update of where I have progressed to over the last couple of weeks.
Beautiful Brown Eyes, slowly getting there sounds much better than my earlier efforts
Alpine melody, that one didn't take long to learn, but find I have to keep going back to it to maintain a good rhythm (the term rhythm used loosely in my case frown )
Waltz time, this is the first waltz tempo I have managed to play smile
Happy birthday got that one quite quickly
Standing in the need of prayer, I have worked allot on this one, almost there, but I still have problems where it goes from E to B sharp in quick succession.
Allouette i had that one in a couple of hours and got a reasonable tempo to it smile
Lavender Blue just started, most of it OK but does need more work.
I see I am within a few pages of the notorious BLMD

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sounds like you are making wonderful progress Dave123. Good for you! thumb Not to worry about BLMD, you'll be able to get that one down as well.

Since it was such a challenging piece for me, I still go back to practice on it occasionally.

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I did play BTMD today but since I had like a two week break since playing it did take me a few tries to make it through. laugh

Pretty much solid work on my side projects in hope to make something sound good for the upcoming recital. smile

I'll get back to Alfred's eventually.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by AnthonyB:
I did play BTMD today but since I had like a two week break since playing it did take me a few tries to make it through. laugh
I hear ya and can definitely relate. laugh

Pretty much solid work on my side projects in hope to make something sound good for the upcoming recital. smile [/QUOTE]

Looking forward to hearing it.

I'll get back to Alfred's eventually. [/QUOTE]

Hmm, your "eventually" sounded like it might be a while, especially now that you've got bitten by the Einaudi's bug(s). laugh But that's okay as long as you still come back and visit us and continue to upload beautiful music for us all to enjoy. thumb

I tell myself to be patient and my long dream list will be waiting for me as my rewards along the way, but hopefully some of them will be at the end of book 1. laugh

Key Notes smile

Originally posted by dvdiva:
Originally posted by 1silkyferret:
[b] I have to keep this short. I have no motivation at this point and only hit the piano maybe once every other week.

any ideas?
Invite a friend over for dinner on a given date, and tell him/her you'll play piano for them. That'll give you something to work for! smile [/b]
that breaks "cat rule no1" I dont play for anyone else!

I pretty much stick to the practice keyboard here. When I do lay there its scales and technical exercises. That puppy sounds cool!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I can play Limbo the whole way through. Schedule permitting, I'll record and post a video on the blog later this week.

This is very exciting for me. This is the sort of thing that made me want to play piano in the first place. I'm probably going to take a few months and work on other Einaudi pieces. It will be interesting to return to Alfred's later on and see where that puts me. Working on these other pieces, I'm sure, will result in improvements in and of themselves.

It's been mentioned before, but I feel I should revisit this: if you have any interest in Einaudi's music, I would heartily recommend learning to play some of the easier pieces. They are more approachable than they sound.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Aw2pp, I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing your video. You sound very excited about playing Einaudi's music. I think I have a ways to go yet before I try them.

I am playing Cafe Vienna fairly well. I'm not going to start anything new because I'm leaving on Thursday for a trip to Oklahoma to visit my daughter and her family. I probably won't get to practice, although they do have a Yamaha keyboard that the kids fool around with, and if they haven't wrecked it, I guess I could use that. Don't know if I have room in my suitcase for my Alfred book either. Hopefully, being gone for almost two weeks won't set me back too far. I took a trip back in March and was fine when I got back, but the music I was playing then wasn't as difficult. I guess I will see. :-)

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum & to classical piano. I just started learning 2 months ago and joined in hope that I may get some helpful pointers here.

My teacher told me to buy this book "Alfred's Basic Piano Course: Fun Book 1B By Willard A. Palmer, Morton Manus, and Amanda Vick Lethco"

[Linked Image]

However I find it quite a waste to buy this and use it for less than 3 months before casting it aside going on to the next level.
Does anyone knows where I can get the online version / scanned copy or share with me their copy? Thanks alot for your kind help!

^ Maybe your local library has it. As far as I know, method books aren't available on digital sheet music sites (e.g. Musicnotes or Sheet Music Direct).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi, Alfred's buddies. I posted a clip of Limbo on my blog. It's a better-than-average run through of the piece for me, albeit still rough. But as I said earlier, learning it has been a lot of fun, and I feel like I have gotten a lot out of it.

And an additional comment on the approachability I mentioned the other day... I "learned" this (I'm still learning, but still) faster than I learned Blow the Man Down, Little Brown Jug, or The Entertainer.

When I clean it up sufficiently, I'll post a new recording.

Finally a clip for you

Casio Ap-200
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome Pinkroses. I'm not using that particular book so I don't know but perhaps you can try posting the same question out in the main ABF thread so that it can be seen by more readers.

AWtPP, What admirable efforts on your part with Limbo and your recordings. Bravo and congratulations to you! thumb I'm sure that you'll get the rough spots smoothed out soon enough. And it's wonderful to know that this song is more approachable than BTMD. Can you believe that I still occasionally practice that one(?) laugh

BTW, I like how you spread all four sheets of music out so that you don't have to flip through the pages. Nice job once again. thumb

Key Notes smile

Hi Keynotes,
Thanks for your suggestion! I did just that... http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/32/6956.html hopefully there will be people who has the materials. smile

Originally posted by Key Notes:
Welcome Pinkroses. I'm not using that particular book so I don't know but perhaps you can try posting the same question out in the main ABF thread so that it can be seen by more readers.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
AWtPP, that was pretty cool. What the heck is that beast your playing? I'm jealous, wishing I had a piano to play.

Gary
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi, Gary. It's a 98 year old upright with "Heller & Co." engraved on the fallboard. Weighs about 700 lbs., it does.

Casio Ap-200
Thanks to Oxford Gal I have the Alfred's Book Lesson 1 now. I was going through it playing some of the pieces, and am working on my sight reading etc. But Anyways, I played the one PianoN00b played also, Raisins and Almonds and uploaded it to youtube.

I made sure I said thanks to you in the video also Loly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plM6ivUuQeM

There is hope in the despair.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Kurisu SARU,

Welcome! That's really great that you finally got the book, and of course that was super nice of Oxfor Gal.

Since I haven't gotten to Raisins and Almonds yet, I didn't know that this song sounded so nice. I don't know how much musical background or piano experiences you've had previously but you seemed to be playing it very well. I'm looking forward to learning that song now too.

Cheers,

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Kurisu SARU:
Thanks to Oxford Gal I have the Alfred's Book Lesson 1 now. I was going through it playing some of the pieces, and am working on my sight reading etc. But Anyways, I played the one PianoN00b played also, Raisins and Almonds and uploaded it to youtube.

I made sure I said thanks to you in the video also Loly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plM6ivUuQeM
Thanks for posting that video of yourself playing! That was also very nice of Oxford's Gal to send you the book.

I'll also be nice and send you a five star member rating for being nice and posting a recording/video for us to watch. wink

I wonder where I would be Alfred's wise without this detour learning some Einaudi pieces...

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
Page 60 of 452 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission