2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 452 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 451 452
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mom3gram:
Ah, "Beautiful Brown Eyes"!!! That was my first real stumbling block. I can't tell you how long it took me to get the hang of those first 4 measures.
Yeah, that's been a tough one for me, too. Still working on it.

Gary
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Hi All,

Just a reminder, I'm looking for recordings (Either song files or video) of book one pieces to link on the opening page. From the very first exercises to the end. It will be used as a reference for any and all using book one. Just the work that goes into recording clean pieces will help you improve as well. So let Alfred make you famous... laugh

Thanks

Mark...

C
C
Hey Mark, here are some songs I recorded from last year. I haven't actually continued since then frown Am hoping to pick up from where I left off soon.

Harp Song - http://www.box.net/shared/glr6qtaxmc

Liza Jane - http://www.box.net/shared/yf4krqn4ei

Beautiful Brown Eyes - http://www.box.net/shared/5hsq81lolr

Choppin' the keys

Piano Blog - http://girliehands.wordpress.com

Measurement of my laziness ...but I will return!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
There are recordings of all of the book 1 and most of the book 2 songs on youtube. He does not use the All-in-one but the regular Book1, so there are one or two songs missing. These are really well done, and I go to them when I am having difficulty with how something should sound.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=PianoNoobAlexMan&p=r

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Choppin':
Hey Mark, here are some songs I recorded from last year. I haven't actually continued since then frown Am hoping to pick up from where I left off soon.

Harp Song - http://www.box.net/shared/glr6qtaxmc

Liza Jane - http://www.box.net/shared/yf4krqn4ei

Beautiful Brown Eyes - http://www.box.net/shared/5hsq81lolr
Thanks I'll add them...

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by mom3gram:
There are recordings of all of the book 1 and most of the book 2 songs on youtube. He does not use the All-in-one but the regular Book1, so there are one or two songs missing. These are really well done, and I go to them when I am having difficulty with how something should sound.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=PianoNoobAlexMan&p=r
Thats a great resourse for everyone. I'll add that also...thank you

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Soory for the probable redundancy of this question, but:

Does the book have:
A black piano with a vase of flowers on its cover?
Is the title:
"Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book Level One" on its cover?
"Mexican Hat Dance" on p.13?
"Kum-Ba-Yah" on p. 53?
"Why am I Blue" on p.73?
"The Entertainer" on p.92?

I just want to see if I have the same book as you!

Thanks,
angelo

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A lot of the people on this thread are using the All-in-One book, but the one you have has most of the same songs, give or take one or two. They are, however, on different pages since the All-in-One sticks some theory pages in between every few songs.

The songs on Youtube are from the book that you have, Angelo.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm a bit confused....

There are different book ones?

Which is recommended?

thanks!

angelo

wj3 Offline
Yes there are two Alfreds adult courses. The basic and the all-in-one. The all-in-one is basically the same as the basic (no pun intented) but the all-in-one course adds in some pages on theroy. The songs are mostly the same with a couple of exceptions. I am not sure exactally what the exceptions are though. I have the All-in-one Course books one and two.

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
C
C
Hi all, I didn't read the entire thread so this may already have been asked, but how long did it take you all to work your way through this book? Thanks.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by chiyosdad:
Hi all, I didn't read the entire thread so this may already have been asked, but how long did it take you all to work your way through this book? Thanks.
If I remember correctly we have had some do it as fast as 4 months to well over a year or longer. I would say average is about 10 months. But no shame in taking your time and doing it right.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I thought I was going to be fast, but then I hit Beautiful Brown Eyes. I may need electroshock therapy to get my hands to cooperate with each other. I'm stopping now, maybe it will go better tomorrow.

Gary
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Gary Schenk:
I thought I was going to be fast, but then I hit Beautiful Brown Eyes. I may need electroshock therapy to get my hands to cooperate with each other. I'm stopping now, maybe it will go better tomorrow.
laugh

Taking a break is a great idea Gary because you should always trust your body and your mind as to when it needs it.

It will get better. Give yourself lots of chances, and plenty of patience and you'll surely grasp it in due time.

I've just taken a break myself after about an hour and a half of practicing because I started to feel my left wrist started to feel a bit of a strain with some slight pain. I always stop at any signs of abnormal stress or strains.

Keep up the great work and happy playing to you.

Key Notes smile

Music speaks where words fails.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Key Notes:
I've just taken a break myself after about an hour and a half of practicing because I started to feel my left wrist started to feel a bit of a strain with some slight pain. I always stop at any signs of abnormal stress or strains.
It is important to listen to your body. It's a hard lesson to learn.

We'll both hit it again tomorrow!

Gary
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Mark...:
Hi All,

Just a reminder, I'm looking for recordings (Either song files or video) of book one pieces to link on the opening page. From the very first exercises to the end. It will be used as a reference for any and all using book one. Just the work that goes into recording clean pieces will help you improve as well. So let Alfred make you famous... laugh

Thanks

Mark...
Wish I can help you out Mark... but at this stage of my playing, my recordings could hardly be viewed or listened as an accurate source of reference point, even tempting as it may with a chance of becoming "famous". laugh And even if by chance some years down the road I managed to make some minute improvements, I still do have my doubts as to whether the benefits of becoming famous, at anything, will outweighs the price. wink

BTW, I enjoyed listening to your recital #11, Prelude in D minor, from Alfred's book 3 immensely. Beautiful music made even better with beautiful playing. thumb

Cheers,

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Gary Schenk:
It is important to listen to your body. It's a hard lesson to learn.

We'll both hit it again tomorrow!
thumb

Hi guys!
Time for a progress report…I’ve just finished Jericho and at an earlier moment I’ve already used Greensleeves, Scarborough Fair and Almonds and Raisins as a ’treat’. I really liked those pieces, mostly because of the broken chords. (I’ve decided to change the Greensleeves from the Alfred book for an other arrangement with broken chords).

Sometimes I’m a little fed up with the block chords in most of the songs in the Alfred book. I don’t really like the sound that much.
But so far so good and I’m cruising slowly but happily towards the end of book 1 (and really looking forward to book 2... laugh )
How are you all doing?

Have a nice day thumb
from Chaplin

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the 'one less traveled' by,
And that has made all the difference.

"The road not Taken"
Robert Frost (1874-1963)
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Mark...:
[b] Hi All,

Thanks

Mark...
Wish I can help you out Mark... but at this stage of my playing, my recordings could hardly be viewed or listened as an accurate source of reference point, even tempting as it may with a chance of becoming "famous". laugh And even if by chance some years down the road I managed to make some minute improvements, I still do have my doubts as to whether the benefits of becoming famous, at anything, will outweighs the price. wink

BTW, I enjoyed listening to your recital #11, Prelude in D minor, from Alfred's book 3 immensely. Beautiful music made even better with beautiful playing. thumb

Cheers,

Key Notes smile [/b]
Thanks you so much for the kind words. It proves that even a hack like me can play with a ton of practice.

As for you recording, in time you will do it. And recording does make you better, so its a win/win situation.

I also like to add multiple versions of the same pieces, so someday we will get you there. My teacher tells me you generally aren't good where your currently at but where you have been. So when you get to book two, your book one stuff will be very nice...just keep up the hard work!

Mark...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi all,

Can someone point out specific recommendations regarding supplemental material as one moves through Book 1 of the All-in-One Course?

Sorry if there is a list of that already somewhere; however, a list of such supplemental material recommended by the group here would be helpful.

By the way, what a great idea regarding this thread. Thanks!

angelo

Page 62 of 452 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission