2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My teacher tells me that expression comes naturally to me but I have a problem with actually hitting every note. The sound and tone sounds like what I want in my head, but I can never get through a performance having hit every note, accuracy, in other words.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Theowne- Piano Videos (Ravel, Debussy, etc) & Original Compositions
音楽は楽しいですね。。。
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Theowne,

There may be a few things you don't do...just like the rest of us, but the things you do right are outta sight! That's why I am a subscriber to your YouTube videos. Your Debussy is excellent!

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Lisztener

Originally posted by SantaFe_Player:
Thanks, Silkyferret. I don't know what "Alfred's" is. Most of what I'm playing is Bach WTC and Beethoven sonatas, plus some Chopin polonaises (and a Brahms I'm leaning that my teacher doesn't know I'm learning yet, but I've heard it on several of my CD's and want to play it). I suppose I could enlarge these, but size is not the only issue smile There's an astygmatism (sp?) and two eyes that don't work together when I"m tired as well (although all my other eyes do, HAR). This has been an issue since childhood, but size is starting to come into it now!
Your past the Alfred's crud. Be very glad, Alfreds is a 3 part beginner piano course. The tunes (such as they are)are very very short and chord heavy for the left hand so there are a lot of 3/4 time sigs and oom pah pah stuff.
I have serious dyslexia so I often confuse stuff. I had a piece where I learned the right hand stuff on the left hand and vice verse.........eyesight for me is not an excuse,but maybe I will use that one for a kick butt reason why i can't sightread worth a darn...
My last lesson was a total waste of time and since furball is still here I havent gone to practice today either. So its pracice like crazy tomorrow and hope the nieghbors dont complain.
I envy people who can play easiely. Takes me weeks to learn a simple alfreds piece

1RC Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
12 years of playing guitar might have helped when I started piano, just in being able to think in that spatiotemporal way of getting the fingers to where they need to be.

It takes work for me, fortunately I can be pretty compulsive, that helps with practicing. Also I can be obsessive, that helps in tailoring most of the rest of my life to learning music and also going through books and videos for ideas and guidance.

Unfortunately I also feel the pull to lead a balanced life whome

I have to challenge Mr.SH's idea that some people have the groove and others don't. I think anyone who's learning an instrument MUST be able to feel the groove or else they wouldn't have got into it in the first place... It may be that some are nervous, clam up and have troubles putting that groove into the open air, and that would be their particular challenge to overcome.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission