2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (bcalvanese, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
chprout Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi guys. I am a beginner (40 yrs old) and attempting this as my first piece. It's going well, considering I have to decipher the bass clef notes. LOL I can read treble clef, but not bass clef. I start lessons tomorrow, but couldn't wait to get started.

This is from the Hal Leonard version of the book, and it's the "Easy Piano" version. Boy do I need that!!! Anyone else love this piece? It has such interesting notes together making some very dissonant sounding chords. I love that stuff. I've got the first page worked out, but at a slow pace. Now, I've got to move on to the key change part!!!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I love that song, and I don't even celebrate Christmas. I also love Linus and Lucy. My first goal is to be able to play it, at least a dumbed down version, but even that's a long way off. Most "easy piano" stuff isn't even that easy for me.

markb--The Count of Casio
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome chprout! That happens to be the third Christmas tune I learned. (The first was Silent Night and the second Do you Hear what I Hear.) The arrangement I learned was from "The Ultimate Christmas Collection". I was able to play everything except the "solo" at the end of the piece.

I've been playing for a little over a year, so now you have a goal for next Christmas. wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is a wonderful piece. A little story: I used to get all emotional when I'd watch this on TV or slip the video into the VCR. And like a month and a half ago, I was at a concert with my choir and the children's choir's pianist disappeared, and so I had to sight read it in concert. I loved it then and I love it now.

tk Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I love this song! A Charlie Brown Christmas was just on this past Tuesday and I got all nostalgic. What a great piece for the holidays. Welcome, and keep up the good work, chprout.

Cheers!
tk

Originally posted by chprout:
Hi guys. I am a beginner (40 yrs old) and attempting this as my first piece. It's going well, considering I have to decipher the bass clef notes. LOL I can read treble clef, but not bass clef. I start lessons tomorrow, but couldn't wait to get started.

This is from the Hal Leonard version of the book, and it's the "Easy Piano" version. Boy do I need that!!! Anyone else love this piece? It has such interesting notes together making some very dissonant sounding chords. I love that stuff. I've got the first page worked out, but at a slow pace. Now, I've got to move on to the key change part!!!
Cool. I just got this song to practice this week from my teacher. I think mine's an intermediate version but, it's pretty easy to play. After I get it down, he'll going to teach me how to improvise! Can't wait.

"Applaud friends, the comedy is over." --Ludwig van Beethoven on his deathbed.
August Förster 190 Artcase
SAS Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm definitely a beginner too, and a newbie to posting, altho I've been lurking for awhile. I just came back to playing after a 30+ year absence, we bought a piano this fall. I only played for 3 or 4 years as a kid. Anyway, Charlie Brown has always been my favorite Christmas show, and I bought the easy piano version and have been playing Christmas Time Is Here. I played it for my teacher and she said she could tell I really like that piece. My teacher is Korean and was familiar with the Peanuts characters but not the songs and she was surprised when I played it, she was expecting it to be a kids piece, she really liked it. It's really been fun to play that piece, and challenging, I'm definitely a novice compared to some of the people here, that's why I never wanted to post. But I had to chime in when I saw this post.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission