Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1077894 - 07/07/06 10:22 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
 Quote:
Originally posted by Frank_W:
I was standing, minding my own business....
Well - at least you didn't garrote them.. and way cool you can understand the Japanese language...cool story....

Do tell us another one, Uncle Frankie. \:D (all in good time)...

Peace. \:\)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv7-qjprix4

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1077895 - 07/07/06 10:46 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: United States
Haha... I'm trying to stick with the tamer stories. Most of my others end up in fights. LOL

After coming back from Desert Storm, I was living in an Army housing area, in Japan. There was a guy living next to us who would come home every night, around 2 a.m., bass thumping, and then go in the house and proceed to have loud screaming matches with his old lady. Several of the neighbors had tried asking him to be more considerate, to no avail.

In early spring, all of the cats in the neighborhood went into heat. Competition among the males was especially fierce. Jerk-boy came home again, around 3 a.m., had a huge screaming match with his old lady, and then passed out or went to sleep... Whatever....

I went to the kitchen and opened a can of tuna. I also scrawled a polite note on a piece of paper, asking him to please keep his cRAP music turned down, and to quit screaming at his toothless crack ho of a wife, every night. (That's another story) I went out to his car, which was unlocked. (Army housing area: Safe, right?) I opened the driver's door and put the can of tuna on the passenger seat. I waited until three large tomcats had leapt in to investigate, and then slammed the door shut.

The noise was horrific...

I placed my polite message under his windshield wiper, and then went back in and went to bed. Two days later, he had a new car, and he was a much more considerate neighbor from then on.

I just love a happy ending... *sniff*

#1077896 - 07/07/06 10:56 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'd come home from a late late medevac, and was trying to sleep, during the day. My rude neighbor's wife was in her house, with the windows wide open, and screaming at the top of her lungs at her kids.

I opened my window and yelled out, "HEY, YOU TOOTHLESS CRACK WH*RE!! QUIT THAT SCREAMING!! I'm trying to sleep!"

She stuck her (ghastly) head out of her window and said, "WHAT did you call me?!"

I looked her in the eye coolly and said, "I called you a toothless crack wh*re! I'm trying to sleep. Stop screaming at your loinfruit, over there!"

She said, "No one calls me that and gets away with it!"

I raised my brows and asked, "So, does this mean you've been called a toothless crack wh*re a lot?"

She muttered something and slammed the window, and I had a very nice nap.

\:\)

#1077897 - 07/07/06 11:55 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Stop screaming at your loinfruit....!"
What the ?????

Oh gee, man.... LMAO....

#1077898 - 07/07/06 12:43 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The whole family was a real piece of work. "You can take the people out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the people." *sigh*

#1077899 - 07/07/06 01:09 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

(Come on, people! I can't be the ONLY one with stories!)

#1077900 - 07/07/06 02:05 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
(Come on, people! I can't be the ONLY one with stories!)
Okay, I have a story... but it's a kindly story (meek and mild, if you will). When I was like 12 years old I found a beautiful strawberry blonde tabby in the street. I look the cat into the house and hid her in my room. But I'm allergic to cats (dander) so it wasn't soon before my eyes became teary and I began sneezing. My mother suspected I was hiding something in my room. She looked and saw the cat. Well...I knew I would have to get rid of it... and soon (according to my mother). It was raining outside... and I didn't want to throw the cat out in the rain. So, I went out in back and made a little makeshift tent (with a wooden crate that I found and some plastic... it was really cool... it was like camping out... and I set the cat up there all nice and neat and comfy. I stayed with the cat, too, until my mother called me back in. I found out she had placed some calls and found the cat a temporary home... my mom had a soft spot and I'll never forget that... so the cat got a home and wasn't stray any more. The cat's name, the name I gave it, was Samantha. I always liked that name. I wrote that name, Samantha, on the metal frame of my bed in black ink that couldn't wash off... so I would always have her as a memory. That's my story. \:D

#1077901 - 07/07/06 02:17 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
kokomo61 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Herndon, VA
I'll throw in a cat story, too -

When I was 7 years old (back before we invented dirt...), I was riding with my grandmother in her car. When we got close to her house, we discovered that her black-and-white long-haired cat had been struck by a car, and was lying, dead, by the side of the road. I was upset, as was my grandmother, but we went to the house, got a shoebox, collected the body, and buried it in her backyard (complete with a popsicle-stick cross as a marker).

Later that afternoon, I heard a scream from the kitchen, along with the crash of dishes falling to the floor. I ran into the kitchen, to see her black and white cat SITTING IN THE WINDOW!

We were both dumbstruck as to how that could possibly be, but eventually, we figured out that we buried somebody elses (identical) cat.......
Estonia 190, #6098

#1077902 - 07/07/06 02:18 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

That is really sweet, Sharon!

When I was a boy, a bird smacked into our kitchen window and was lying on the ground, obviously hurt. I went outside and picked it up, cupping it in my hands, and wondering if I took it to the vet if he would be able to help the bird. Suddenly, it seemed to sort of "wake up." It hopped up to my index finger, crapped in my hand, and flew away.

Hrmph... Gratitude... I gave the bird the bird. :p

#1077903 - 07/07/06 02:19 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kokomo61:
I'll throw in a cat story, too -

When I was 7 years old (back before we invented dirt...), I was riding with my grandmother in her car. When we got close to her house, we discovered that her black-and-white long-haired cat had been struck by a car, and was lying, dead, by the side of the road. I was upset, as was my grandmother, but we went to the house, got a shoebox, collected the body, and buried it in her backyard (complete with a popsicle-stick cross as a marker).

Later that afternoon, I heard a scream from the kitchen, along with the crash of dishes falling to the floor. I ran into the kitchen, to see her black and white cat SITTING IN THE WINDOW!

We were both dumbstruck as to how that could possibly be, but eventually, we figured out that we buried somebody elses (identical) cat....... [/b]
OMG... Pet Semetery! LOL

#1077904 - 07/07/06 02:29 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, KY
Hmmm.....let's see.....well I cut school for two weeks when I was in the 6th grade....they sent the truant officers after me :rolleyes:

#1077905 - 07/07/06 02:37 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

For two whole weeks? Wow... We used to cut school all the time and go swimming in the Southern California Edison canal. A guy from Edison and one of the school's administrators were trying to chase us once. We laughed at them and flipped them off as we drifted down on the current. LOL

#1077906 - 07/07/06 02:53 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
markb Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
I think Frank needs his own thread.

#1077907 - 07/07/06 03:04 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sorry... I have lots more stories, too. LOL

#1077908 - 07/07/06 04:21 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

When I was a boy of 12, a buddy of mine came over with a pet mouse that his mother had bought him for his birthday. Well, at the time, I had quite a large and lazy Maine Coon cat. I was holding the mouse and petting it, and I began holding it out to the cat and then pulling it back. I did this a number of times, when suddenly, Tilly the Cat gave herself over to her baser instincts and gulped half of the mouse down her gullet. We ran after her in the hopes of rescuing the poor mouse, but Tilly wasn't having any of THAT!! She'd stolen it fair and square!

I looked at my buddy and he had big tears in his eyes.

I ended up buying him an identical mouse so his mom wouldn't find out.

\:\(

I felt badly. (And I swear, the damn cat was wearing a smug little smile)

#1077909 - 07/07/06 04:32 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by markb:
I think Frank needs his own thread.
Ya think?

#1077910 - 07/07/06 04:32 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Okay... No more stories, for now. LOL

#1077911 - 07/07/06 04:33 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
For two whole weeks? Wow... We used to cut school all the time and go swimming in the Southern California Edison canal.
Frank, I gets the impression you were quite a hellion in your younger days... a rebel, even. I just get that impression.

Tell us more stories, Uncle Frank! \:D

No.... (((((waaaaaaaaaaa))))) I want more stories... I want more stories!!!!!!!

(Sharon... composing herself... it will be okay)...
*giggle*
T.G.I.F.

#1077912 - 07/07/06 04:36 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Who, me? *smiling innocently*

My mom did something that ticked me off, so for revenge, I used furniture polish on the linoleum floor in the kitchen. She came through later, to do something, slipped, and landed on her backside.

I laughed and laughed.

I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry....

#1077913 - 07/07/06 04:38 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:

My mom did something that ticked me off, so for revenge, I used furniture polish on the linoleum floor in the kitchen. She came through later, to do something, slipped, and landed on her backside.

I laughed and laughed.

I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry....
You told us that one already..... but I bet you were sorry.... and ouch - that must have hurt!

Uh oh.... mean boss coming straight at me... I'm outta here... Cheers, you guys.

#1077914 - 07/07/06 04:39 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh man... I forgot that I'd told that one. (I must be getting old, turning into one of those annoying old farts that constantly tells the same stories over and over...) LOL

#1077915 - 07/07/06 05:46 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
 Quote:
Oh man... I forgot that I'd told that one. (I must be getting old, turning into one of those annoying old farts that constantly tells the same stories over and over...) LOL [/b]
That makes you my mother, you know.... \:D

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1077916 - 07/07/06 06:13 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Frank_W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ROFLMAO!!

#1077917 - 07/07/06 06:31 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kokomo61:
If I didn't mention it before, I'll say it now - THAT'S ACTUALLY HEART STOPPING FRIGHTENING.... I WOULD HAVE FREAKOUT OUT.

********and....

Rocky - I don't know about you....mmmmmmmmm (wondering).... I used to cry if the crossing guard threatened to report because I jay walked. I talked/cried my way out of it (good ole tears). So never mind being truant. hehehehehe \:D

#1077918 - 07/07/06 10:59 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by s54mo827:
Rocky - I don't know about you....mmmmmmmmm (wondering).... I used to cry if the crossing guard threatened to report because I jay walked. I talked/cried my way out of it (good ole tears). So never mind being truant. hehehehehe \:D [/b]
I had just changed schools and hated it! I was (and still am really) very shy. I just skipped one day, which led to the next and then the next and just kept snowballing. It's the only bad thing (well, maybe not the only) that I did as a youth. I was a perfect child otherwise \:D

#1077919 - 07/08/06 06:08 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rocky:
 Quote:
Originally posted by s54mo827:
Rocky - I don't know about you....mmmmmmmmm (wondering).... I used to cry if the crossing guard threatened to report because I jay walked. I talked/cried my way out of it (good ole tears). So never mind being truant. hehehehehe \:D
I had just changed schools and hated it! I was (and still am really) very shy. I just skipped one day, which led to the next and then the next and just kept snowballing. It's the only bad thing (well, maybe not the only) that I did as a youth. I was a perfect child otherwise \:D
I believe you were a perfect child, Rocky. Well, for the most part. I believe you were a good child... as was I. As, really are most children. I'm sorry you had a rough time of it when you changed schools.... but it was just a short period of unrest... and then you got it together... or so (again... like the rest of us). And it still continues to this day... getting it together.... overcoming shyness... PRACTICING OUR PIANOS.... okay.....going overboard as usual.... but what the heck.... this is the "Off-topic" thread.... (smirk) so,.... have yourself a nice day, Rocky.... later.

Sharon \:\)

#1077920 - 07/08/06 08:55 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sharon....I like you, I really like you (said like Sally Field) \:D

#1077921 - 07/09/06 07:52 PM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
s54mo827 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rocky:
Sharon....I like you, I really like you (said like Sally Field) \:D
I like you too, Rocky. I also like my piano playing again (don't even ask.... let's not even go there....... but I do). Good rest of the evening to you, Sir. \:D Tip of my hat... I can tip my hat to you... even though I am the female.... to heck with the rules of society. *giggle* Enjoy!

#1077922 - 07/10/06 09:26 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Peyton Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
 Quote:

I laughed and laughed.

I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry.... [/b]
Note to self...Don't tick of Frank.

#1077923 - 07/10/06 09:27 AM Re: "OFF-TOPIC" post your stories here!!
Peyton Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
 Quote:
I'd come home from a late late medevac, and was trying to sleep, during the day. My rude neighbor's wife was in her house, with the windows wide open, and screaming at the top of her lungs at her kids.

I opened my window and yelled out, "HEY, YOU TOOTHLESS CRACK WH*RE!! QUIT THAT SCREAMING!! I'm trying to sleep!"

She stuck her (ghastly) head out of her window and said, "WHAT did you call me?!"

I looked her in the eye coolly and said, "I called you a toothless crack wh*re! I'm trying to sleep. Stop screaming at your loinfruit, over there!"

She said, "No one calls me that and gets away with it!"

I raised my brows and asked, "So, does this mean you've been called a toothless crack wh*re a lot?"

She muttered something and slammed the window, and I had a very nice nap.

\:\) [/b]
Note to self....Let Frank sleep. \:D

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (AndresD, Allard, aDino, 36251, albumblatter, 29 invisible), 1466 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156302 Topics
2295497 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday torquenale !!!!
by CarlosCC
16 minutes 53 seconds ago
compositional methods
by Michael Sayers
39 minutes 43 seconds ago
Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!!
by CarlosCC
Today at 04:49 AM
Tight Key ??
by moy71
Today at 01:15 AM
Learning progress
by sunnyday
Today at 01:10 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission