2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 75 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 74 75
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Undone smile
And I completely agree with you regarding those lists. I think the piano street list is more accurate regarding the beginning-intermediate pieces, but that's only my opinion

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Finished up "Soldier's Joy" (which can be heard in the Nov. Piano Bar) and started the familiar "Toreador Song" from the opera "Carmen" - interesting piece with some tricky fingerings - could be fun in the long run.

Got a really good new recording of my Recital piece "Leaves on the Seine" (a New Age piece by David Lanz) and will upload it soon - my place will drop from 36 to the upper 40s or lower 50s - still haven't seen Undone's "Unfinished" listed yet ????

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Wow, and another prelude in C! Sounded nice Waltz! Although indeed the pedal noise was adding a bit of an unwanted extra rhythm element. It's really interesting to hear all the different versions of the piece!

I definitvely like the prelude at the slightly lower speed very much waltz. If it's played real fast it may sound very virtuoso, but it might also sound rushed or sloppy, depending on one's mastery of the piece, or technical capabilities.

Played a bit slower I think it's easier to put real feeling in this piece!

Ingrid (currently working on 'sur le fil' by yann tiersen.)

Originally Posted by John Frank
Finished up "Soldier's Joy" (which can be heard in the Nov. Piano Bar) and started the familiar "Toreador Song" from the opera "Carmen" - interesting piece with some tricky fingerings - could be fun in the long run.

Got a really good new recording of my Recital piece "Leaves on the Seine" (a New Age piece by David Lanz) and will upload it soon - my place will drop from 36 to the upper 40s or lower 50s - still haven't seen Undone's "Unfinished" listed yet ????

JF

Well I’m in now. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to submit this piece; it’s not exactly what I’d call “up to recital standards”, but I finally gave in and figured “even a not-so-great recording is better than none at all”. We’ll see.

In any event, I really liked your recording of "Soldier's Joy" JF!

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Undone - glad you're in & looking forward to hearing it - and thanks for the "Joy" comment.

Wonder if Waltz is entering a piece in the Recital?

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
IngridT:

Thanks so much for the kind and thoughtful words smile I appreciate it very much.

Undone - Glad to hear you made it in!

JF - Nope, this time I didn't have anything I thought worthy of submitting. But I do look forward to hearing ALL of the performances of you guys! The recital opens tomorrow I think. Time sure does fly by.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Page 6? Really? smile

An update: I officially began learning Fur Elise today! It's going to take quite a while to learn this masterwork. At my instructor's suggestion I am learning the "middle" part first. Anyone else interested in learning this piece now as well? TTigg, JF, Undone?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
Page 6? Really? smile

An update: I officially began learning Fur Elise today! It's going to take quite a while to learn this masterwork. At my instructor's suggestion I am learning the "middle" part first. Anyone else interested in learning this piece now as well? TTigg, JF, Undone?

Tisk tisk isn't that the end of the book piece? smile I'm off Alfred till Jan so I can concentrate on my "Movie tunes" thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz

I'm very interested and it's on my piano bucket list and I'm very tempted, but...

1st, I have other pieces (Alfred & non-Alfred) that are higher priority and...

2nd, You learn pieces so incredibly (and disgustingly laugh ) fast that I'd still be slugging and stumbling my way thru it while you had mastered it and had moved on to 3 or 4 other pieces...

Seriously, I think that would be great but I just can't at this time - but thanks for the offer! And good luck!

JF

I’m afraid it’s bad timing for me too Waltz. I have a “family matter” going on right now that is making it hard for me to get my regular practice in (though I am) let alone respond to all the fantastic entries in this latest recital. But then what would the holidays be without “not enough time”. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
All right haha, not great timing I guess. JF, thanks for the compliments, you're too much laugh . I don't think I'll be blazing through this one. I think I'm going to actually put this one off for a bit too, and focus on finishing what I currently have started, so when I do really begin on F.E. I can do it completely. Maybe late next week. Hope everything works out for you Undone!

[Linked Image]
B
B
Hi everyone, seems that I have finally made it to book 3. Book 2 version of Cannon in D is pretty easy if you follow the hint before that song you see it is all part of the same patterns. I make a mistake still every now and then but it seems to be one of the easier songs in the book which came as a surprise to me. You can pretty much memorize it in a few hours once you found all the patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZHw9uyj81g

This is the version of Cannon in D i would like to play, on piano instead of violin. Anyone know a book that has this version?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here is the 1st movement to Beethoven's Sonatina in G major I have been learning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqXmKa2mlE

Thanks!

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
thumb you've been busy, very well played!
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Welcome to Book 3 bobjr! There are many versions of Cannon in D out there, but I have yet to become familiar with most.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Waltz - another fine recording. You seem to be making a tour of all the great composers recently. Have you had any surprises along they way (as in finding that you really enjoy playing the work of one when you didn't expect it)?

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks TTigg and Undone! My teacher has me using a "seven centuries of keyboard music" book and it is exactly as you said, a tour of the great composers. So far I've played Bach, Schumann,and Beethoven. I think they've all be very nice. I'm hoping my teacher will approve of me beginning Fur Elise this week.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Fur Elise is really not too bad, once you get into it. The first section repeats twice in the piece,so you get a lot of practice on that! And I found it not too bad to get a handle on. Then it's just the B and C sections that need the attention. They are a little tricky, but doable with a little attention. My playing of it is far from perfect, but I enjoy it. We have moved off it at lessons, but I still play it at home, just to keep it fresh.

Now, the Moonlight Sonata- that's a whole 'nother thing!! That thing is driving me crazy! I think we are going to set it aside for a bit, and work on some Christmas stuff, then pick it up again after the holidays. A break may be just what is needed there.

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
B
B
I took a look at "Jazz Sequences" on Piano noobs Youtube and he says there is a slight timing mistake? There is a comment where someone says that this doesn't sound like Jazz and I tend to agree with that. Is there any way for these Jazz Sequences to sound more Jazzy ?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bobjr
Is there any way for these Jazz Sequences to sound more Jazzy ?

Add drums, a bass and a wailing tenor sax?

Probably not I guess...unless you're really good at improvisation.

JF

Page 47 of 75 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission