2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
38 members (benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
So what are you doing to spruce up the house.... (and the piano) for the Holidays?

I put wreaths on the windows, decorated the hearth, put a nice pine candle arrangement on the piano (no room for a tree... the piano takes up all of that space).

Oh yes, and I put one of those antler headpiece "thingys" on the dog.
[Linked Image]
(That last one.... it is not going over too well).

What are you doing?

(Edited: to fix the picture. Yes, that is definately better).

[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
Let's see I have put a green table runner on top of my piano and on that sits and angel playing a lute on one side and my snowman pencil holder on the other. With my lamp behind that!

My piano sits in my living room so I still can put up my tree in the corner and have my decorated dollhouse on the other side of the room.

There are wreaths on the front door, back door and kitchen, a mini tree in the back bedroom and my scrapbooking/card making table with Christmas items in my den. Haven't done anything here yet. Haven't had time between work and grad school!!

Don't have a dog or cat or anything furry, or water logged:-) Oh, except my ( or I should say my inheritance from my mother) collection of teddy bears around 100+. And a few of them are Christmasy:-)

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
100 plus Teddys.... that is a lot of love.

[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My Nativity Scene is in the front yard along with a hand carved full size Santa Claus with a dog biting his butt as he climbs up the tree in our front yard.

Inside we have a Christmas tree with all kinds of Ornaments including picture ornaments of all my doggies past and present.

We had nutcrackers, nativity scenes, snowmen and a little Christmas town scene under the tree but the 2 rambunctious babies (An Airedale and a Scotty) kept taking them our the doggy door to their play area. laugh

I never thought of putting a Christmas Wreath but I'm going to have to get one for the outside door.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Things are so crazy around my house with all the remodelling that I have really fallen down on the Christmas decorating front. We had to squeeze the tree in the dining room, because its usual spot in the living room was taken up by all the furniture we had to move out of the kitchen dine-in area...

Then I wove one garland around the upstairs railing, and tacked a giant stocking on one wall, and that's it, I'm afraid. help

OP Offline
Originally posted by Oxfords Gal:
My Nativity Scene is in the front yard along with a hand carved full size Santa Claus with a dog biting his butt as he climbs up the tree in our front yard.
The rest of your decorating sounds very nice.... But the hand carved santa with a dog issue, sounds GREAT! Can we get a picture?

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
We have two slightly animated LED reindeer in the front yard. With lights on the fence and windows with the long evergreen looking stuff (not sure what you call it.)
Inside more of the long green stuff with lights on the living room entranceway, window decals, ect..

But our Christmas Tree and miniature Nativity Scene will be in the rec-room for the firs time this year due to the fact I was talked into, against my better judgment, to get a new kitten in summer (we had 2 cats pass away earlier, this year). Little did we know the kitten must’ve been the spawn of beelzebub. eek help

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ivory Dreams,

I'll take a photo of it once I get home and post it. My dad made it for me laugh

Rich, I think there are a few beelzebubs floating around because I could have sworn my Stanley, was his spawn. laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
LOL!!

They must be related then.

But I am highly confident that Stanley is sweeter than Koby by many magnitudes!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I have something Christmas-y in just about every room downstairs! Even the bathroom has a small wreath on the door and a little teddy bear in a santa hat who sits on two wooden drums. Wreath on the front door, and the rail has greenery and berries I trimmed from the yard. Side porch has garland and wreaths on the deck, a wreath and poinsetta garland on the sign post, the mailbox has more poinsetta garland and a red bow. Inside, there are little things: a wooden stocking, an elf, a little reindeer, a tiny basket with a star in it, Santa in a sleigh, stuff like that, tucked here and there. The wall units in the living room have one side with Santas, the other with snowmen. The piano has a Christmas kitty runner and my angels and nutcrakers as well as a poinsetta centerpiece. Even the fish tank in the hall has a silk poinsetta on it! That's most of it.

No tree yet. Haven't moved the furniture around to fit it, or dragged it out of the attic yet!

Can you tell I like Chirstmas decorations???? wink

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
OP Offline
WOW! Mak, It sounds like you have the next Norman Rockwell in the making.

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Ivory Dreams:
WOW! Mak, It sounds like you have the next Norman Rockwell in the making.
Ah, I'm an amateur compared to my m-i-l. She has 4 trees, and over 300 Santas alone that she puts up a Christmas. It takes weeks to get their place ready!

-Mak

Kawai MP-4 digital

When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
OG-

That is one funny Santa!! LOL

-Mak

Kawai MP-4 digital

OP Offline
Oxfords Gal............. Can you hear me laughing?
[Linked Image]

That is just too funny!

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
LOL the only thing I would have changed if my dad could have carved an Airedale or a Scotty but we enjoy the heck out of it. thanks for looking. laugh OH Crap now I know where my husband left his hammer, I see it in the picture. What a dufus ha ha ha wait till I show him the picture.

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Tomorrow is the longest day of the year for us southern hemisphere chappies ... with temperatures at a sweltering 20-30C ... no time for dreaming of a snowy Christmas ... the mid-summer stage is set for a cold beer by the poolside ... and a light evening snack once the heat of the day has passed.

But jolly Jingle Bells at sunset around the family piano.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission