2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (busa, clothearednincompo, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, benkeys, Burkhard, 5 invisible), 1,119 guests, and 253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
FINAL ASSIGNMENT LIST

Op 28:
#1 - Piano Again
#2 - Schubertian
#3 - Peyton
#4 - Euan Morrison
#5 - LisztAddict
#6 - Mistaya
#7 - Bassio
#8 - Gerg
#9 - Piano Again
#10 - playadom
#11 - Ragnhild
#12 - playadom
#13 - Ramona
#14 - Sotto Voce
#15 - NancyM333
#16 - Jazzyprof
#17 - Kathleen
#18 - Gerg
#19 - Theowne
#20 - Mike White
#21 - Piano Again
#22 - Frycek
#23 - Schubertarian
#24 - LisztAddict
Op. 45 - Hershey88
Posth. - Sotto Voce

Feel free to share thoughts, feelings, and anything else about this exciting upcoming event - two months from today! How is your Prelude coming? What are challenges, etc.? Thoughts?

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
I hang around here a bit but completely missed the lead up to this. Maybe it is in the "totally devoted" thread?

Can anybody join? I have just started Op.28, No.7 as a bit of "light relief". Very short, very tuneful. Love that big arpeggio towards the end -- have just got to play it better smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Gerg,

I think Peyton is going to be doing No 3 instead of me.

gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
frown Sorry to hear that KG...

Are you sure? BTW does Peyton know that? smile

Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That's okay Gerg, I think there was some mix up originally, but Peyton had checked in for No3. but I sure will be listening smile

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/32/4328.html

L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
Thanks, Greg...for the reminder. Some of us don't need it, [Linked Image] but it still is good to know those days are speeding by.

I put everything I had (and a lot of what I didn't have) into my piece, and my body protested in response. I never, in my wildest dreams (when I was a kid) thought that I would ever be able to play it (it has always been my favorite). Now, thanks to the DtC thread, I can. If my arms could reach that far, I would give myself a pat on the back.

Does it sound like it should? No. Will it ever sound like it should? No. Do I care? Yes and No.

We should always reach for the stars but be pleased with a handful of moondust if that's all we are capable of attainting.

Bruce...We started this All Chopin Prelude Concert way back (about 7 months ago) on this thread. We chose the date of October 17 for a completion date as a commemeration of Chopin's death. We all hope to record our preludes, then upload them, then hope people on the ABF will download then. I believe it will be the first of its kind (pretty much like the recital thread, but different because it is devoted to just one composer's music). We wanted to keep it a big secret but that didn't work out.

Please do sign up as a "back-up" for the 7th. I think we have a couple of back-up's now, but that's OK. We decided not to post duplicates as it would take too long and we don't want to turn this into a "competition" of sorts. Please do learn the 7th. It's considered one of Chopin's greatest pieces...forever changing under the hands of the greatest artists who hear something different each time they play it.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
The two scariest pieces are no 12 and no 16. I am wondering how playadom and jazzyprof are coming along with those 2 pieces.

My no 24 is ready! smile yippie

gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
24 is pretty scary too, would you not say?

Don't click here!
Kathleen, thanks for filling us in on the lead up to this. Good idea to have only one person playing each prelude. In the unlikely event that Bassio (No 7) falls over, your two existing backups should be plenty. It turns out that I am learning one of the easier ones -- and I was thinking I was brilliant smile

One think puzzles me though: there are 24 Opus 28 Preludes, so where do No 25 and No 26 come from?

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Nr 24 is terrifying. I wanted it and it's just as well it was already spoken for. Anyone who can play that one has definitely earned the priviledge.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I love No. 22. It almost sounds like Brahms.

Recovering cellist, amateur pianist.
[Linked Image]

Check out my blog !

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm not sure I made this clear last time, I'm still going to be learning 16, but I'm going to let jazzyprof's recording be the one in the recital.

I've heard several recordings of 12 on YouTube, but they take about 1.5 times the normal length to play them. Not a good sign for me.

Practice makes permanent - Perfect practice makes perfect.
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Playadom, my apologies for using an old list. It has been updated.

I would really like your participation in this concert w/#12, regardless of the tempo you play it. Don't try to impress, just make music! The impressiveness will come by itself...

Don't click here!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by LisztAddict:
The two scariest pieces are no 12 and no 16. I am wondering how playadom and jazzyprof are coming along with those 2 pieces.
They are scary indeed and I'm quite scared since I can only play the no.16 at a leisurely 80 bpm fairly accurately. I don't know if I can get to 120 bpm in two months. If I don't I'm sure LisztAddict will be kind enough to bail me out! laugh

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by bruceee:
I hang around here a bit but completely missed the lead up to this. Maybe it is in the "totally devoted" thread?
...me too - I must pay more attention! :rolleyes:

Michael
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by jazzyprof:
I don't know if I can get to 120 bpm in two months. If I don't I'm sure LisztAddict will be kind enough to bail me out! laugh
No way!!! It's all yours, you must do it on your own. laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow I hope this recital is parallel with the other recitals we've been doing so far.
Would hate to miss the next recital since I don't plan on learning any chopin prelude for now.

Peter

Ok..Ok... If you don't want your Steinway give it to me !!!!
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
It is parallel-basically a recital put on by the Devoted to Chopin crowd a few other interested parties.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
I'm heartened that other people are having some thorny times with their preludes—most assuredly not in the manner of schadenfreude, but because I am also.

While my initial reaction to No. 26 was that it's not as hard as I thought it might be—and while some preludes are certainly more difficult—it's still hard. I'll be able to play it, and possibly manage some leggierezza, too, but I don't expect it to be presto. (I'm not foreclosing that possibility, I just don't expect it!)

Also, I don't believe Ragnhild will be contributing No. 6. In the interest of completeness, it would be great if another participant could volunteer to be on standby with that entry.

Steven

L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
LisztAddict: Quote: My no 24 is ready!

If we didn't love you so much, we could learn to hate you, you know. laugh

We are looking for someone to play #6. It is considered one of the simplier preludes (ha). It can be learned and played quite well (with adequate practice and determination) in 2 months.

Any takers? It is a lovely piece, and I know you will be happy you "volunteered." thumb

Regards to all and remember not to fret too much (easy to say, I know). We are not professionals, but true devotees of Chopin. Many of us have put in hours, weeks and months in learning to play our piece. If we put our heart into it, I KNOW each one will be PERFECT.

Trust me! yippie

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission