Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 64 65 >
Topic Options
#1110553 - 01/14/07 05:57 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Nancy,

Here's another one for your CD that you're making.

Fuori dal mondo:

http://www.box.net/public/fatt7f5sa8

Txs guys for the wonderful comments.

flickr

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1110554 - 01/14/07 06:46 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Roswell, Georgia
Thanks so much, Kawaigirl. I think I'm up to nine pieces for the CD. Your work is really beautiful.

Has anyone recorded Limbo? I'm thinking that someone mentioned it as the easiest one, so it would be nice for her to try that to start.

No, Kawaigirl, I'm not planning to play any right away. I have so many piano projects going now that I can't make much progress on any of them. I am sure that I will hear an Einaudi piece--like I did with both Croatian Rhapsody and Rachmaninoff's C# minor prelude, both that I'm learning now--that I absolutely must play this very second. Then I will push something aside on my plate and do it. Right now Rachmaninoff hunts me down every day and drags me to the piano--he has hooked me like a drug, and it will be months before I finish that piece.

Mr. Super-Hunky--I found my "Best of" book at Amazon for $24.13. Of course, you get free shipping with any purchase over $25.00, so I bought another book so I could get "free" shipping. Capitalism at its most effective!

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1110555 - 01/14/07 07:15 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
mdp1w Offline

Loc: PA
 Quote:
Originally posted by mdp1w:
Kawaigirl,

You play beautifully!

Daria [/b]
 Quote:
Originally posted by kawaigirl1:
Txs Daria,

Have we turned you into an Einaudi fan yet? \:\) [/b]
Actually, kawaigirl, I've become a fan of YOURS!!
BRAVO, once more! :3hearts:

Daria [/b]

#1110556 - 01/14/07 07:46 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Loc: Gulf Coast
KawaiiGirl[/b] Thanks for sending those recordings. You inspired me to look up Einaudis' website! Euan and Monica had some lovely recodings too! I love learning about new beautiful music.

By the way in case you havent heard I have a new name. See other thread for ABF Group

#1110557 - 01/14/07 07:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Thanks Nancy:

I'm so cheap, if I know I did'nt get a good deal, it will keep me up at night!; thanks for the tip.

#1110558 - 01/14/07 08:09 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NancyM333:

Has anyone recorded Limbo? I'm thinking that someone mentioned it as the easiest one, so it would be nice for her to try that to start.

Nancy [/QB][/QUOTE

Euan made a recording of Limbo in Recital #3. His link doesn't work but you can download the 2nd zip file and the piece will be found in there.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/32/2753.html#000021

flickr

#1110559 - 01/14/07 10:47 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Or, if that's too much work, here's a version of "Limbo" I recorded on my trusty Zoom for my Christmas CD:

"Limbo" by Ludovico Einaudi

p.s. I just noticed I really need to edit out some of that dead space at the beginning... there's about a 12 second pause before the music starts, sorry.

#1110560 - 01/14/07 11:04 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Nice Monica! Limbo That song sounds relaxing. And it doesn't sound like it would be too hard to play. I went ahead and ordered his greatest hit book from Amazon .

I really like Nefeli and Le Onde,,,,,,,,,,beautiful.
I am looking forward to getting the sheet music and seeing just how hard those pieces are to play.

#1110561 - 01/15/07 04:46 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
gabytu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Or.
O. K. You all made a convert out of me. I just ordered The Best of Ludovico Einaudi--paperback from Amazon.com. Came to $28.80 with the shipping and handling.
Had a real problem ordering it, as every time I sent it my basket, they kept including some other item with it for and additional $20.00. After a number of tries, I finally got the unwanted item out of my basket and just the book should be arriving.

Now to wait patiently for its arrival, sometime between Jan 19-23. Can't wait to play some of those gorgeous pieces. Gaby Tu

#1110562 - 01/15/07 05:04 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gabytu:
O. K. You all made a convert out of me. I just ordered The Best of Ludovico Einaudi--paperback from Amazon.com. Came to $28.80 with the shipping and handling.
Had a real problem ordering it, as every time I sent it my basket, they kept including some other item with it for and additional $20.00. After a number of tries, I finally got the unwanted item out of my basket and just the book should be arriving.

Now to wait patiently for its arrival, sometime between Jan 19-23. Can't wait to play some of those gorgeous pieces. Gaby Tu [/b]
Isn't that a coincidence? When I ordered my music book by Einaudi I had a little trouble also! Everytime I went to the Shopping cart I saw that they had put EXTRA items in my basket, items I didnt even order! It took me a while but I finally figured out how to have only the music book in my shopping cart!

#1110563 - 01/18/07 09:31 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
psychopianoman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma
 Quote:
Originally posted by Babs1:
[/b]
Isn't that a coincidence? When I ordered my music book by Einaudi I had a little trouble also! Everytime I went to the Shopping cart I saw that they had put EXTRA items in my basket, items I didnt even order! It took me a while but I finally figured out how to have only the music book in my shopping cart! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Maybe this is a new marketing method. Keep on adding unwanted items to their cart and out of irritation consumers will buy. \:D Maybe they are trying to see how many times they can do it befor they lose the customer. \:D

#1110564 - 01/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
gabytu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I was really frustrated trying to get the extra items out of my cart. No matter how many times I deleted it,they would put it back. I was almost tempted to forget the whole idea of buying the Einaudi book, but finaly had success.

Well,today The book arrived. What a treat. I sat down and played through the first piece--Limbo. Gorgeous. I understand that it is the easiest one in the book. Some of those chords in the left hand are reminiscent of the Chopin Funeral March. Interesting.

Now, to listen again to the recordings made by Kawai Girl, Monica and others so that I can get a better understanding of how these should sound. My playing of Limbo seems to drag a bit, and I don't think I am bringing out essential notes the way I think they should go. I notice that Kawai Girl and Monica both bring out the melody of the pieces they are playing ,so that it stands above the continuous flow of the rest of the music. Gaby Tu

#1110565 - 01/19/07 08:16 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I'm gonna play a version of "Nefeli" that will knock your socks off! \:D

#1110566 - 01/19/07 08:58 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
gabytu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

O.K. Mr. super-Hunky. quit teasing us and play it for us to hear. I envy you in warm and Sunny Scottsdale. I'm up here in the NW, where we are just beginning to thaw out after several days of snow and freeze. Impossible to drive in that stuff. Cars skidding all over the place. It is now raining, and a deep fog is settling in. Well, back to the piano.
I'm really excited about Einaudi. Gaby Tu

#1110567 - 01/20/07 02:47 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: S. California
Gaby,

I'm looking forward to your recordings as well!

#1110568 - 01/20/07 07:02 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I purchased the one from Amazon and it's going on my "Someday I will be able to play pile" from amazon for 24 or so. \:D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/custome...=283155&s=books

#1110569 - 01/22/07 02:17 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
gabytu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sid, I'll post my recordings as soon as I can make one without all the mistakes, flubs, etc.. At the rate I am going, it may be a while yet. Gaby Tu

#1110570 - 01/22/07 07:11 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
I'm gonna play a version of "Nefeli" that will knock your socks off! \:D [/b]
Well, hee it is 4 days later and you might want to put your socks back on! \:\(

Once again, my acoustic recording is very "muffled" and "mooshy" sounding.

I really don't get it as the piano itself sounds incredible...almost like a concert hall!

My digital records crystal clear but lacks the resonance and sustain of the acoustic....but its so clear!.

I guess I'll record on the digital as my acoustic recordings just don't sound good.

#1110571 - 01/22/07 08:43 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

\:\) I got my book today! I was hoping to see the song Una Mattina in the book, but I don't see it Kawii Girl[/b] or anybody else where did you see the sheet music for that song? Is that in a different book maybe?

I took a look at the song Nefeli the Combined left and right hand appregios played together scare me I think I'll hold off on that for a while.
You're all right the Limbo would be the easest song to start off on. Ombre doesn't look too hard but I don't believe I have heard a recording of it. I think the Le Onde song would be easier to play before attempting the Nefeli. I am anxious to hear recordings for all the songs in this book. I know I have a good selection from you all here on PW , Monica, Euan and Kawii Girl and maybe Mr Super Hunky when he is "good and ready" to send us all that recording! :p
Anyway right now I am working a couple of David Nevue pieces, Deep Heaven and Vigil, plus I am working on a couple of classical pieces. So, I may not get to work on the Einauadi book for a few months. In the meantime, I am going to be listening to as many recordings as possible out this book so I can get a "feel for his music."

#1110572 - 01/22/07 09:24 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Babs1,

Einaudi's Una Mattina piece can be found in either his "solo piano Una mattina" book or he also has another book called "the piano collection volume 1" and Una Mattina can be found in there as well.

flickr

#1110573 - 01/22/07 09:28 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Quote:
 Quote:

I really don't get it as the piano itself sounds incredible...almost like a concert hall!

My digital records crystal clear but lacks the resonance and sustain of the acoustic....but its so clear!.

I guess I'll record on the digital as my acoustic recordings just don't sound good. [/b]
Oh I see Mr Super Hunky, that is ok, don't worry, I can keep my socks on for a long time.......... I have cold feet! \:D

Thanks for the info Kawaii girl, I will check out his other books cause I like that Una Mattina, it so relaxing and soulful

#1110574 - 01/22/07 09:37 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Quote:
 Quote:

I guess I'll record on the digital as my acoustic recordings just don't sound good. [/b]
[Says in a very low, subliminal droning voice: "Buy a Zooooooooommmmm, super-hunky; buy a Zoooommmmmm." \:D ]

#1110575 - 01/22/07 11:11 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Monica, in my case it's the room acoustics along with me over pedaling on everything.

Recording on the digital removes these two variables so I'll use it once again as I'm starting to get on my own nerves regarding this issue!

#1110576 - 01/23/07 12:13 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

I've recorded another piece from Einaudi's "Best of...." called
La linea Scura

http://www.box.net/public/sr0y5ynahv

I'm still looking forward to hearing S-H's rendition of Nefeli even if it's on the digital \:\)

flickr

#1110577 - 01/23/07 07:32 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Beautiful Kawai Girl! \:\) You have been blessed, .......you have strong hands!
Now that I have the book I can follow along with the music as I listened to your beautiful playing! My hands would hurt after playing all those appregios at that tempo for five pages long! :p

Don't feel bad Mr. Super Hunky, I don't have a zoooooom either , I am still waiting for my fairy godmother to show up at the door! \:D

#1110578 - 01/23/07 05:30 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
A clip of Einaudi on Italian tv playing a piece [Oltremare] from his latest album, Divenire:

http://www.chetempochefa.rai.it/TE_videoteca/1,10916,1073817,00.html

(credit to minimalist from the Einaudi forum for the link)

#1110579 - 01/23/07 10:06 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

kawaigirl, beautiful job on the Linea Scura piece. I looked at the sheet music after hearing Euan's take of it some time ago, and the never-ending 16th notes scared me off. But it is a very pretty piece. Your recording quality was great, too. Those low bass notes were resonating through my headphones.

I feel like a hopeless copycat, but every time I hear you play something it makes me want to learn it too. \:\)

#1110580 - 01/23/07 10:09 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Hey Euan, when I played that Einaudi clip, the audio came through fine but the video was very bizarre...colors were all weird. Anybody else have the same problem?

#1110581 - 01/23/07 10:09 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Txs Babs1 & Monica.

Monica, this piece isn't that difficult to play. Just try it, you'll like it ;\)

flickr

#1110582 - 01/23/07 10:39 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kawaigirl1:
Txs Babs1 & Monica.

Monica, this piece isn't that difficult to play. Just try it, you'll like it ;\) [/b]
Kawaii Girl[/b] You know what , I think you may have a point. I tried it tonight and I got through the first 2 pages just fine, with a little more practice I think I could get through the last 3 pages as well, so I am more confident than I was originally. ;\) It's actually easier to play than it looks. The left hand is easy all simple chords. It is an interesting song, very soulful. And I liked the way you brought out the melody........beautiful. However I am just a bit curious.Kawaiigirl did you record that on that famous Zoom that everyone here has been talking about? It was a good recording. I am still waiting for my fairygodmother to show up at the door with a zoom in her hands.....still waiting. . :rolleyes:

Monica[/b] I viewed the clip Euan sent and not only did a get a good recording but the video was fine , no weird colors on my end .

Page 4 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 64 65 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked??
by Piano World
26 minutes 24 seconds ago
Music stores in Boston
by Jamie_from_Canada
Today at 09:39 AM
Need a stool of some kind
by GeorgeStorm
Today at 09:19 AM
Schoenberg's Kammersymphonie Op. 9 (for piano)
by jeffreyjones
Today at 08:48 AM
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
Today at 08:24 AM
Who's Online
150 registered (36251, alans, ajames, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1682 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76389 Members
42 Forums
157920 Topics
2319260 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission