Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 5 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65 >
Topic Options
#1110583 - 01/23/07 10:45 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Hi Babs

Glad to hear you're trying the piece out. Hope you will post a recording soon.

I unfortunately don't have a zoom. I'm just recording the old fashion way and that's using my laptop. I was actually looking into the Zoom since it's so much simpler to do recordings with.

flickr

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1110584 - 01/23/07 10:52 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Monica Kern:

I feel like a hopeless copycat, but every time I hear you play something it makes me want to learn it too. \:\) [/QB]
That's my line!! :p

#1110585 - 01/24/07 04:15 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
 Quote:
Originally posted by Monica Kern:
the video was very bizarre...colors were all weird. [/b]
Just what is IN that Sam Adams stuff? ;\)

Possibly a problem with codecs or something. You aren't missing much from the visual side of things, just glad you got the audio ok.

#1110586 - 01/24/07 03:37 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Kawaigirl:

Beautiful once again as usual.

I must say that I am kind of mad at you as you've set the Einaudi bar so incredibly high that there are no more rungs on the pole to raise it!!

We simply cannot improve on your performances and can only strive to someday match them.................someday!!

Anyway, I submitted my Nefeli piece yesterday to Bob and once again added a bit of "flair" to it including a home-made prelude and some other goodies .

Just remember that "flair" = too stupid, lazy, lack of concentration (pick one) to play the entire score as written so I just make stuff up as I see fit. If theres an easy way out, trust me, I'll find it! ;\)

#1110587 - 01/24/07 09:28 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

S-H:

You're making my head swell so big that I can't fit through the door \:D

My definition of "flair" = creativity. Not everyone is able to add flair to a piece and make it sound as good as you. I would fail miserably in this area.

Now you really got me curious on your rendition of Nefeli and I'm sooooo looking forward to hearing it. Any chance of a sneek preview?? ;\)

flickr

#1110588 - 01/24/07 11:18 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Well, since I've been shooting my mouth off about it for so long now, I had better hope that it at least sounds respectable so I don't come off looking like a total loaf! :p

Besides, there is another fantastic rendition of Nefeli out there performed by Monica and I am kind of hoping that yours and her recording fall off the first few pages of posts so that other members don't compare my recording to you two. should that happen, I'm sunk!

#1110589 - 01/25/07 04:24 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Here are a couple of lesser-known Einaudi pieces. I started them last week, so they are a bit rusty:

Dietro l'Incanto - www.box.net/public/04szuhnezu

Due Tramonti - www.box.net/public/xxoor678vs

#1110590 - 01/25/07 08:01 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I found this site seems like you can download just nefeli but it's currently not available

http://www.tuneheaven.com/Sheet-Music-Tabs/Nefeli.html

#1110591 - 01/25/07 03:46 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: S. California
Euan,

Well played, I especially liked incanto...you and kawaigirl are so prolific it makes me feel like a beginner, haha.

#1110592 - 01/25/07 08:14 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Euan:

Just listened to your Einaudi pieces and they are very nice. I have'nt heard either one of these before which is surprising since I have been searching and listening to many of his songs.

I think you are "hooked on Einaudi" like me but then again, that makes sense since you were one of the first to introduce us to his music.

Are you playing an Einaudi piece in the Feb recital?.

#1110593 - 01/25/07 10:35 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Yes, great job, Euan! It's funny, sid; I liked Due Tramonti better than the Incanto piece. (The music, Euan, not your playing! \:\) ) The beginning of Incanto was just a bit too tense for me.

#1110594 - 01/25/07 10:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Euan, that was a wonderful rendition

Now I have 2 more to be learned pieces to add to my ever growing pile of music

flickr

#1110595 - 01/26/07 06:05 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm currently listening and relistening to kawaigirl's nuvole bianche and thinking that's another definite one for learning, just as soon as I get past the current crop of pieces...happy sigh...

Just a passing thought, but it seems I'm the richest man in the world these days, so much lovely music and it costs me nothing but time. What fools those mortals be who burn their lives at the alter of materialistic consumerism and force-fed mediocrity when sublime beauty and wealth such as this exists and is theirs free for the taking, if only they knew.

#1110596 - 01/26/07 07:39 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Babs_ Offline

Loc: Gulf Coast
Thanks Euan Now that I have the book, I can follow along! It's always nice to hear different pieces. You have a nice touch! \:\)

Kawaii Girl: Remember I told you I was working on that La Linea Scura? Well I got through the first 2 pages until I got to the bottom of page 2 , Measure # 33 and I started to have some trouble, the notes I played just didnt sound right? And my hands were starting to get a tiny bit tired from all those 16th notes! I still say Kawaii Girl..........you have been blessed with some mighty strong hands! Now the Nefeli song is starting to look a little easier, but I am having trouble keeping the rythym going as smoothly as it does on the recordings. I may put it down for now and come back to it in a few months. Right now I am working on the Vigil and Deep Heaven and a couple of classical pieces which is enough to keep me busy!

#1110597 - 01/26/07 11:52 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sid:
Just a passing thought, but it seems I'm the richest man in the world these days, so much lovely music and it costs me nothing but time. What fools those mortals be who burn their lives at the alter of materialistic consumerism and force-fed mediocrity when sublime beauty and wealth such as this exists and is theirs free for the taking, if only they knew. [/b]
What a beautiful thought, sid, and one that deserves to be much more than a "passing" one! Yes, we are all truly fortunate.

#1110598 - 01/26/07 12:02 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Euan, you sly sandbagger you! "Due Tramonti" was so beautiful I thought I might want to tackle that one next, so I looked it up in the book.... and it's the very last piece!! In a book where the pieces are sorted in order of difficulty!!

#1110599 - 01/26/07 01:18 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Monica,

To be fair the piece itself is fairly simple. The difficulty lies in crossing the voices over between the hands - you need to omit a couple of chords as the left hand is crossed over. But the tempo makes it easy as well. Don't know why its at the back of the book, really.

#1110600 - 01/26/07 04:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
mdp1w Offline

Loc: PA
Euan,

After checking tour dates I found that Einaudi will be appearing near you!!

You are not going to miss seeing Ludovico Einaudi LIVE in EDINBURGH on March 4th?

UK Tour [/b]

Daria

#1110601 - 01/26/07 04:56 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

haha, yes its in my diary!
I just need to nip across the water and pick up some tickets. But you can be assured that I will be there (unless they have sold out already \:\( )

But I can't understand why the venue website doesn't mention the concert on its 'calender of events'??

#1110602 - 01/26/07 05:03 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
mdp1w Offline

Loc: PA
You don't already HAVE[/b] your tickets?!?

#1110603 - 01/26/07 05:16 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ahah, I worked out how to get to the seating plan / booking section for the concert. They are having 'technical difficulties' with the site etc, so its not listed properly.

The middle section of the ground floor is roughly half full. The left side is strangely empty, and there are tons of seats higher up if i want. So there is no hurry at the moment.

I think I'm right in saying that left side is preferable so you see the keyboard better? (never been to piano gig)

#1110604 - 01/26/07 10:38 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Babs1:

Kawaii Girl: Remember I told you I was working on that La Linea Scura? Well I got through the first 2 pages until I got to the bottom of page 2 , Measure # 33 and I started to have some trouble, the notes I played just didnt sound right? And my hands were starting to get a tiny bit tired from all those 16th notes! QUOTE]

Hi Babs,

That section you're referring to had given me trouble when I was learning that piece. When you play that section slow, it will sound like you're playing wrong notes but in fact you may not be. I encourage you to continue on learning that section as once you get over this part, the rest of the piece is pretty much repeated.

flickr

#1110605 - 01/26/07 10:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
mwf Offline

Loc: Peterborough, England
Hi

Bella notte I think is one of the nicer works he wrote for piano, I learnt all his works by ear off the cd's I have anyway, they are very simple to learn by ear, but at the same time very effective in their own way. You need a nice toned grand piano or sampled grand such as on a top-end digital to really do justice to these pieces IMO.

So simple, minimilistic music infact, such a rare treat by this italian composer, I have adored his works for a long time, the cd he released based on an african theme is by far the best compellation he has recorded, it has bella notte and I giorni etc.. on the album, its the best he ever did. Beautiful music.

MWF

#1110606 - 01/28/07 09:00 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

After mwf mentioned about Einaudi's piece called Bella notte, I had to check it out. Well the good news is that if anybody out there has learned In ultra vita, this piece Bella notte has a section that is the same as In ultra vita.

http://www.box.net/public/jei4rv0tc8

When it comes to playing by ear, I'm not very good at but I thought I give this Einaudi piece a try. It's call "La Casa Nel Bosco" This piece I believe is not in any of his books. I've added strings. For all the play by ear experts out there, if I didn't get all my notes correct, please forgive.

http://www.box.net/public/nqjmj1o2cs

flickr

#1110607 - 01/28/07 09:55 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Kawaigirl:

Once again your music is incredible. I don't know how you get through these 5+ minute pieces without a single mistake, I mean you are non human!

Einaudi's music can be much more difficult to play than it sounds. Many of the notes are all over the place and you have to do incredible finger stretches everywhere.

Today I started to look at and learn Le Onde as that is my next challenge. The song seams to start off fairly simple and then WHAM, you start reaching all over the place.

After stumbling through page one and part of two, I can already tell the effort will be worth it.

#1110608 - 01/28/07 10:02 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Uhhhh S-H, I'm afraid to say that there are mistakes in my playing. \:\(

Le Onde is certainly a very beautiful piece. Will you be playing Le Onde for the May recital?? \:\)

flickr

#1110609 - 01/29/07 04:39 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yay! My favorite section of in un altra vita \:\)

...I had a mini-breakthru on this section yesterday, finally went back and added all the notes I had taken out from my simplified arrangement and managed to get all three voices going at once (something I didn't think was possible initially), been doing a lot of back and fill of late, now I have to repolish the entire thing all over again just when I had the previous arrangement memorized

That said, the new complexity sounds bloody marvelous.

#1110610 - 01/29/07 10:21 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Just when I think kawaigirl can't get any better, she goes off and plays an Einaudi piece by EAR!! Bella notte was gorgeous, kawaigirl. Maybe that will be my next attempt.

But Einaudi's music seems so complicated to me with all the arpeggios and multiple voices I can't conceive of ever playing it by ear.

sid, those breakthroughs are what keep us going as pianists. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing an updated recording.

And I'm looking forward to your Le Onde, super-hunky. I was playing that piece yesterday and gnashing my teeth at my utter inability to play it through without major mistakes, let alone any kind of musicality. It is my Waterloo.

I think it's a psychological thing. I can already play Giorni Dispari better than I can Le Onde, and it's probably technically more difficult. For whatever deep-seated neurotic reason I'm just hung up on Le Onde. I need a shrink. \:D

#1110611 - 01/29/07 05:24 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Monica,

If you can play bella notte, you'll have in un altra vita in the bag as well, the pretty middle section is lifted straight from altra vita (as kawaigirl has noted), and is the hardest section from altra vita.

#1110612 - 01/30/07 02:13 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Monica:

I've got some real good "cheater" method for Le Onde. I'll try to explain it as best I can.

First off, you probably already have the first two pages of Le Onde down pat. I know your ability now, and you can play page one and two fairly easily I bet.

Page three gets really hairy and here's why; Instead of playing primarily 3-note arpeggio-like notes in the left hand, it goes to five! As a result, everything slows down. (At least for me).

So, once again, how do you fix it....cheat!, yes CHEAT!!.

First off, play only three note arpeggios in the left hand. I know this is NOT correct, but the song...oops, I mean "piece", will sound very similar.

Second, try playing these 3-note left hand arpeggios in a fake book type method in which you right down only the root note per bar in the left hand and just play the arpeggio based on the denoted root note.

By doing this, you will [easily[/b] be able to play the piece all the way through in corect time.

Once you get very used to playing the whole piece several times through, you can slowly add the correct 5-note left hand notes in as your ability allows.

Now get this, I just got the sheet music for this piece yesterday and I can play it all the way through in almost correct time!

NO, and again I'll say it, NO, I am NOT playing the piece as written. I have VERY much simplified the score so I can actually get through it.

I have today just started to add back in a few left hand notes, (i.e, starting to take the training wheels off), and crap, have things slowed WAY down!!; but, I am now starting to play the exact written notes....at about one mile per hour!!.

I'm wondering if you are possibly trying to learn a complicated piece all at once instead of smaller "baby steps"?

When I first looked at page three, a giant "impossible" banner popped out of my score!. There is absolutely no way I could ever play that without cheating my arse off in the left hand (so I don't even have to read the music), and practicing the right hand only many times.

After I practiced my right hand only (several times), I added back in the mindless fake-book type of left hand arpeggios and played both hands together.

Again, even though I am NOT playing the left hand as written, it does sound very similar.

Next step is to slowly add back in the correct 5-note left hand notes and play it as written...someday!

Then again, should it get to tough, I'm just going to toss the score out the window once I memorize the main body of the piece and start making stuff up!.

I know this may sound like a joke, but it's actually true!. Have you ever noticed that most of my improv sections just happen to be in the most difficult part of a song?

How many times do I have to tell you that I really am a hack!! \:D

Page 5 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, AndresD, ando, Alex-SapRenovation, 44 invisible), 1839 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75574 Members
42 Forums
156258 Topics
2294801 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for my next piece
by Mallory
7 minutes 30 seconds ago
A pianist joke
by PaperClip
50 minutes 35 seconds ago
Synthogy Ivory II Yamaha C7 Studio Grand 5 bad sound
by pake10
59 minutes 28 seconds ago
USB hub recommendations?
by dire tonic
Today at 01:22 PM
Piano Around The World
by karmanathan
Today at 11:55 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission