Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 64 65 >
Topic Options
#1110523 - 12/28/06 10:07 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
 Quote:
Originally posted by rocky:
let's just say I will have to enjoy listening to you all play the pieces from this book and I'll just follow along with all the pretty little notes in my book.....because.....I don't think I can play anything in it.....(sigh)......
[/b]
rocky, his music LOOKS a lot harder than it really is, because it's these never-ending arpeggios, usually 8th notes, and it looks intimidating all stretched out on the page like that. But I KNOW you can play at least a few because I know you've played harder stuff.

Go back and give Limbo a try. There's, what, only 3 different chords in the left hand? Get those 3 chords down and you've learned the entire left hand. The right hand is just arpeggios of those three chords. Most of the time you don't even have to reach an octave, I believe. I know[/b] you can play that piece.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1110524 - 12/28/06 10:08 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
I am playing 'Nefeli" almost 20 times per day now!! . I am absolutely hooked!

[/b]
So when do we get to hear a recording of it?

#1110525 - 12/28/06 10:40 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
S-H....Can't wait to hear your recording of Nefeli \:\)

flickr

#1110526 - 12/28/06 10:41 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
How about I save it for Feb 15th(next recital).

#1110527 - 12/29/06 08:06 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, KY
OK, I'll give Limbo a try! His stuff definitely looks tough on paper though...all those notes!!

#1110528 - 12/29/06 11:35 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Rocky, you too should play Nefeli. It looks very intimidating with all the notes but I promise, after a few passes through it, you won't even be reading half-three quarters of them as they are so repetitive.

The song is so nice it will be worth the effort. I get hung up in several sections still but I can play through them; just at a slower pace for for a moment.

Every time I play this piece the tricky parts get a litle smoother as I am starting to memorize the score and know where the next notes are without having to read the sheets. This actually helps me a lot (memorizing) as it takes away having to read the score correctly.

If you play any piece enough, you will probably end up memorizing it without even trying to.

Good luck, I want to hear your recordings as well.

#1110529 - 12/29/06 09:08 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

OK, I took a second look. I have played through (or attempted to in my unique way) the first page of Limbo and it's not *too* bad, might be able to manage this one.

Then just for kicks, at Mr S-H's urging I tried playing through the first page of Nefeli. That page isn't bad, but I'm sure it gets more difficult....so we'll see!

I have also tried playing La profondita del buio and that possibly seems doable, but I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know exactly what it is supposed to sound like \:\(

So, I will work on some of this music.....may take me a long time, but they are very nice!

#1110530 - 12/29/06 09:58 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Rocky, here's another tip on Nefeli.

When you get to the third line on page 63 (if your sheet music matches mine), try keeping your fingers on the keys at first. The reason for this is that you won't have to "find" the far away notes as you usually only have to move your thumb or pinky up or down one note to start the next consecutive bar.

You will see what I mean when you get to this exact section of the piece.

The third line on page 63 (and the following several lines) really slowed me down as I was just searching for the notes, but of course, I found a way to cheat at that as well !!.

By keeping your thunb and pinky on the keys during this section, you will notice that each bar usually starts just a single whole note away so you don't have to look for it; your fingers are almost already on it!!.

I hope you understand what I mean as thats the only way I can explain it.

#1110531 - 12/30/06 02:30 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rocky:
OK, I took a second look. I have played through (or attempted to in my unique way) the first page of Limbo and it's not *too* bad, might be able to manage this one.

Then just for kicks, at Mr S-H's urging I tried playing through the first page of Nefeli. That page isn't bad, but I'm sure it gets more difficult....so we'll see!

I have also tried playing La profondita del buio and that possibly seems doable, but I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know exactly what it is supposed to sound like \:\(

[/b]
rocky, if you have the first page of Nefeli under control, you can play it all. The section I found the absolute hardest in this piece were measures 17-28. It took a lot of concentrated effort and HS practice before I could play it HT. The rest of the piece is easier and largely repeats.

I don't have a recording of La profondita, and I agree that it is hard (near impossible, for me) to play things I don't know what they're supposed to sound like. Euan, kawaigirl, where are you? Can you learn this and post a recording for us?

I am currently hooked on Giorni Dispari and have been playing practically nothing else all week. \:\)

#1110532 - 12/30/06 04:22 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
I had a little listen to 'La Profondita' - its not a great piece, to be honest. It doesn't really go anywhere, and has a couple of horrible sounding chords.

If you are working through the book sequentially, Rocky, I would go with either Limbo, Ombre, or I Giorni to start with. Those are some of the better songs in the book.

I don't believe that the book is in order of difficulty. The piece on page 100 would be at the start. And the final piece, Due Tramonti isn't the most difficult in the book. But the end of the book does contain some tough songs!

#1110533 - 01/13/07 07:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Roswell, Georgia
Hi everyone--

I mentioned a long time ago that a friend was going to buy an Einaudi book, and it finally came in the mail. It's "The Best of Ludovico Einaudi." Now I am trying to make a CD of people playing pieces that are in this book, so I did a search and downloaded all the PW pieces I could find by Einaudi. This is what I found:

Una Mattina
Un Mondo a Parte
In An'Ultra Vita
Nefeli

I found a couple of others that weren't in this book, so I didn't include them. I also found some where the links didn't work anymore. If any of you have recordings of these works that you can post or email me, I'd really appreciate it. I think it will help her to hear regular people play these pieces.

Thanks,

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1110534 - 01/13/07 08:08 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Nancy,

Here's a few that I've played that's in the "Best of:" book

Fuori Dalla Notte:

http://www.box.net/public/44bkydvbia

Canzone Popolare:

http://www.box.net/public/mm0tay79hk

Le Onde:

http://www.box.net/public/ef2p5rpoyp

Giorni Dispari:

http://www.box.net/public/3qtdtmf3kn

Hope it helps.

flickr

#1110535 - 01/13/07 09:13 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks, Kawaigirl1--you're a goldmine of Einaudi pieces! I think some of the others I downloaded were from you also.

When I went to your Giorni Dispari link, it showed there was nothing found there at Box.net. I did get the others fine.

Thanks,

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1110536 - 01/13/07 09:15 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Nancy,

Try that link again

flickr

#1110537 - 01/13/07 09:18 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Kawaigirl:

I love your music! :3hearts: :3hearts:

#1110538 - 01/13/07 09:20 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Txs S-H \:\)

flickr

#1110539 - 01/13/07 09:23 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
NancyM333 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks, Kawaigirl. It came through that time.

Nancy

Estonia 168, Yamaha UX3

#1110540 - 01/14/07 12:47 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
mdp1w Offline

Loc: PA
Kawaigirl,

You play beautifully!

Daria

#1110541 - 01/14/07 08:27 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Txs Daria,

Have we turned you into an Einaudi fan yet? \:\)

flickr

#1110542 - 01/14/07 01:31 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I think I may have found ('er, once again...stolen) a piece for a future recital in "Le Onde".

What an incredibly beautiful piece.

I am going to be playing "Nefeli" for the upcoming recital in Feb based on Kawaigirls & Monica's incredible recordings of them and now that I've heard "Le Onde". I am hooked even deeper into Einaudi's music.

I don't really know who to thank for this wonderful musical discovery but I think credit can be shared in one way or another amongst Euan Morrison, for posting up some of his links and Monica and Kawaigirl for performing some of his incredible music.

Thanks you guys!

#1110543 - 01/14/07 01:39 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Oh, break down and buy the darned book, super-hunky. Anybody who plays "Nefeli" 20 times a day will want to learn many if not most of the other pieces. ;\)

"Le Onde" has been my waterloo. I can play it, but not musically enough to feel ready to record it. I find it very difficult to accent the melody and just barely hit the alternating lower notes in the right hand. Not to mention it's too long to fit on the music desk, so there's clunky page turns. But I feel like rocky: "one of these days I will play that music!"

On the positive side, "Giorni Dispari" is coming along well and I think I'll have it recital ready.

#1110544 - 01/14/07 01:55 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Monica:

You really should perform Le Onde for us. I'm sure you are being way to critical of yourself however, Kawaigirl set the bar incredibly high on that piece with her performance of it....I mean.. !

I don't think I will ever perform that piece the way you two have performed yours as you are much more advanced than me plus I never really read the music so in this situation, I may be at a big disadvantage. (I will post up some more excuses as they come to me....don't worry!) ;\) .

Anyway, Monica, you are right. I need to get the giant Einaudi book as I don't have any of his scores other than Nefeli which someone was nice enough to give me as a gift! \:\) .

I believe someone had found it for $35.00 somewhere, I forgot, it may have been Rocky.

Any suggestions on where to get it and what it is called?.

BTW, Monica. As many times as I have played Nefeli now, it has not gotten any better than after the first couple of days!

I know this is weird, but I really don't improve much on a piece after a certain point.

It has goten a little "smoother" and I have it 100% memorized which is nice since my cat likes to sleep on my ever growing pile of sheet music.

#1110545 - 01/14/07 02:02 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Monica K. Offline

Quote:
Kawaigirl set the bar incredibly high on that piece with her performance of it....I mean.. !
[/b]
I second that Right after saying I thought my "Giorni Dispari" was coming along well, I listened to Kawaigirl's recording, and... let's just say it's a good thing there's still a few weeks before the next recital. \:D

I feel the same way with "Le Onde" as you do with "Nefeli." Even though I play it just about every day, it doesn't seem to be getting any better. \:\( Unfortunately, with this particular piece my plateau hit well before I felt satisfied with it.

#1110546 - 01/14/07 02:17 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
 Quote:
Anyway, Monica, you are right. I need to get the giant Einaudi book as I don't have any of his scores other than Nefeli which someone was nice enough to give me as a gift! \:\) .

I believe someone had found it for $35.00 somewhere, I forgot, it may have been Rocky.

Any suggestions on where to get it and what it is called?.
[/b]
Well, I'm not Monica but I'll answer anyway \:D The book is "The Best of Ludovico Einaudi", MLR 659

#1110547 - 01/14/07 02:23 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
I just got finished listening to Kawaigirl's "Le Onde" - just beautiful! I have "The Einaudi Collection" CD and have to say Kawaigirl's playing rivals that on the CD. I've been learning this piece and now have another (higher) standard to try and reach! Great job!

#1110548 - 01/14/07 03:56 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
This was my latest attempt at 'In Un'Altra Vita' (In another life). I play it slightly different from the score:

http://www.box.net/public/nio9j2hi39

#1110549 - 01/14/07 04:15 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

VERY nice Euan!.

You've been holding out on us have'nt you?.

Where is all this talent coming from?, First Monica, then Kawaigirl, and now Euan!.

Thats it, I'm firing up the Jetta diesel and heading out to Village inn or Denny's and ordering TWO large humble pies. One to eat there and one to take home for later. You guys are amazing.

#1110550 - 01/14/07 04:42 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Very Very nice Euan,!! You must have been practising in secrecy!! BRAVO! I enjoyed your slight variation to the piece.

flickr

#1110551 - 01/14/07 04:53 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: S. California
kawaigirl,

Thank you for the new pieces. I use you as reference material so you can imagine how grateful I am \:\)

#1110552 - 01/14/07 04:57 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi
rocky Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mr S-H, I got the book at musicnotes.com, but I'm sure you can find it online many places, look for the best price!!

I still just play bits and pieces of a few songs from the book. It's definitely a bit out of my league, but it helps me to read along with the music while listening to the great performances like kawaigirl, euan and monica.

Page 3 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 64 65 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
157 registered (ajames, 36251, Alex-SapRenovation, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1829 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75516 Members
42 Forums
156160 Topics
2293270 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Medelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
33 minutes 37 seconds ago
Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos
by Paul678
47 minutes 19 seconds ago
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:29 PM
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:21 PM
Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys
by barabusm
Today at 12:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission