2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (danno858, AlkansBookcase, dbudde, eleos, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,827 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 119 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 118 119
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Cheers for the heads up, Anthony + Monica. I see he is playing in Edinburgh on the 25th, so I may grab a ticket for that show!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Euan Morrison
Cheers for the heads up, Anthony + Monica. I see he is playing in Edinburgh on the 25th, so I may grab a ticket for that show!

That sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I think you should go. smile

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Can't let the Einaudi thread slip down too far. wink

I managed to record a radio interview Ludovico Einaudi did this morning over in the UK thanks to the online stream the radio station set up as well as a "tweet" mentioning the time of the interview.

I posted a link to it over on the Einaudi forunms:

Einaudi interview

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Picked up my copy of Nightbook today!

I've only heard a few tracks yet, so I can't comment fully. My initial impression is that it is 'quite good', but I hope it is an album which gets better with more listens. For me, Divenire is still my favourite album by far. (that one was instant!)

On Nightbook, I like the 2 Snow Preludes, Reverie, and Lady Labyrinth the best so far.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Also, I don't think I will be going to the concert this month. Finances are quite tight and my football/soccer team is doing quite well these days, so my money is going there instead. Sorry i won't be able to give a report!

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Euan, Euan, Euan.... if it's a choice between Einaudi and football, that's a no-brainer to me! Even when we're talking soccer football! wink

I won't be getting my CD for ages, but fortunately there's enough clips uploaded on YouTube that I can get my Nightbook fix. So far "Indaco" is my favorite track.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The Nightbook CD has grown on me (even the tracks that I'm not overly thrilled about.)

For example, I put it on as I went to bed last night but didn't manage to fall asleep until it was over. I guess it held me captivated enough that I was paying too much attention to fall asleep. I've played it through a decent number of times so it wasn't like I had to hear every song on the album. Of course, I didn't have it on shuffle and likely wanted to make it to Reverie which is towards the end of the album.

Yeah, "Indaco" is pretty nice too. I bet that one will even be nice as a solo piano work, just don't ask me to play it yet.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Euan, Euan, Euan.... if it's a choice between Einaudi and football, that's a no-brainer to me! Even when we're talking soccer football! wink

I won't be getting my CD for ages, but fortunately there's enough clips uploaded on YouTube that I can get my Nightbook fix. So far "Indaco" is my favorite track.

My decision took some calculation. I can get to two soccer matches for the price of the concert alone. Add on the expense of the cd purchase, and the possibility of a book purchase... it all adds up! So my plan is Nightbook cd+book, 2 football matches.

Will need to listen to Indaco - that can be the soundtrack to my commute tomorrow smile

As I wrote in the YouTube description, it's still not making me happy, but a project at work is going to really reduce my piano time for the next month, so I wanted to get at least a semi-serviceable version in the bank.

Here's the 'final' version of "Le onde":

1986 Yamaha C7E (owned since it was new...we've had quite a journey together)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SwayingTree65
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm afraid you're bound to make Monica a bit jealous with that rendition of Monica's Waterloo...er Le Onde.

For the small amount of time you've spent working on it I'd say it sounds pretty good and even I would have a hard time making it sound that good that fast.

I shall have to attempt playing one of Einaudi's more popular songs one of these days. However, I am having a bit of fun playing some of the less popular ones. One of the things that inspired my recording of "Come Un Fiore" was how few times it had been performed on youtube. The same thing can be said for my upcoming recital piece.

[Linked Image]
Thanks, Anthony. Hopefully Monica won't hate me, because, like her, I feel like I have a long way to go to get the song "right." There's just something about his music that demands a final 10% I can't seem to consistently find.

I might have to look into some of his other songs, but to avoid my wife thinking I play nothing but Einaudi I'm going to take a bit of a breather; that and the hideous project at work that's going to be dominating my time for the next month.

Well, yes, I'm jealous grin , but in a nice humble way of tipping my hat to a wonderful performance. thumb I would be proud and satisfied myself if I could turn in a final version that good--but I fully understand what you mean about feeling that, as far as Le Onde is concerned, there is always more that can improved.

A breather from Einaudi?! I dunno... Einaudi addiction is awfully tough to kick. wink But good luck getting through your awful project, and I'll look forward to hearing some more Einaudi from you when you get the chance.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'll just take a moment to note that I've managed to get a good video take of me playing "Exit" by Mr. Einaudi and that will likely be my recital piece for the upcoming recital. Even though the piano bar threads get started early I felt that it's more appropriate to start the "one month to recital" thread on time. smile

I had originally planned to do something composed by someone else for the recital this time around but I realized that I wouldn't get it done in time (despite there being so much time left to go.) So I picked up "Exit" due to the relative shortness of the piece and proceeded to hammer it out pretty quickly. One of the milestones of this one is that this is the first one I've done from the "Eden Roc" album. I doubt it will be the last.

Previously, I've done work from "I Giorni" and "Una Mattina" so that leaves out something from "Le Onde", "Divenire" and I guess now "Nightbook" even though sheets for the last one don't exist yet.

Now I have even more time to work on stuff before the next recital. smile

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyB
"Nightbook" even though sheets for the last one don't exist yet.

Hey Anthony, congrats on your recording smile

As you are on the Einaudi board more than me, is there any news about sheet music for Nightbook yet?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
No, I have not seen anything about the sheet music yet. I don't know if you noticed but there is credit to Chester Music for sheet music on the Nightbook album liner. Maybe this was mainly for the sheets for all the accompaniment to use but it could also be dealing with the upcoming sheet music book. Either way (and even if I can't play the pieces) I'm sure I'll be getting a copy of the sheet music when it comes out.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Swaying Tree, That's a beautiful rendition of Le Onde smile

Last edited by Kawaigirl1; 10/12/09 08:07 PM.
Thanks, Monica and Kawaigirl. Yes, it will be hard to not jump into another Einaudi song...I've learned seven in a row and trying to polish them/learn the new ones has dominated my practice time for the past couple of months so that many of my other pieces have gotten a bit rusty.

Thankfully my wife likes the Einaudi music but she also wants to hear something else from time to time (I know, blasphemy). Right now she wants me to find time to learn "Skating" by Vince Guaraldi before Christmas.

That's a different style for me, but I do like the song, so fingers crossed. I'm sure I'll be back in this thread before long, even if only to check in on the rest of you.

Take care.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It appears the sheet music for Nightbook is now available.

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0705142/details.html

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
There is word over from the Official Ludovico Einaudi forum that there may be some US concert dates coming up in March 2010. No word how many or where but it might be time to start saving up that travel fund again. wink

[Linked Image]

My eagerly awaited "Nightbook" collection arrived yesterday. AnthonyB had gotten his a couple of days before and had given me the heads up that the transcriptions are pretty intimidating, which they are. eek But at least a couple seem doable ("The Sand Crane" is probably the easiest), and best of all, "Berlin Song," is in the realm of possibility. At the risk of sounding heretical, I think "Berlin Song" is prettier than any of the pieces that ended up on the official Nightbook release, so I'm happy that I might actually end up being able to play it. smile

Page 48 of 119 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission