2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, Fried Chicken, 8 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 119 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 118 119
The Sand crane??? Monica, is there a different version of Nightbook in US? I don't have this song in my book...

Alfred's All-in-One: Level 2 - started March 1st!
Still playing 'Overture'
Clavinova CLP-240
[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

And now I'm *really* looking silly... I meant "The Crane Dance." I was going by (obviously imperfect) memory. whome

Phew... I though I got a wrong book....
(And no, you don't look silly!)

Alfred's All-in-One: Level 2 - started March 1st!
Still playing 'Overture'
Clavinova CLP-240
[Linked Image]

Since getting my Zoom Q3, I've been working on going back and making videos of Einaudi pieces that I had previously recorded in mp3 format for recitals etc. Here's my latest effort, the beautiful "Fuori Dal Mondo":

The name translates to "Not of this World", which fits well the somewhat sad, and even in spots anguished, tone of the piece. This is one I've kept in memorized repertoire, for a couple of reasons: (a) there's a lot of repetition, so it was easy to keep memorized; (b) except for those few wild measures about halfway through, where you're alternating 1&5 with 2 rapidly, it's one of Einaudi's easier pieces; and (c) it's one of my hubby's favorite Einaudi pieces, which actually is all the reason I need. heart

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
This is one I've kept in memorized repertoire, for a couple of reasons: (a) there's a lot of repetition, so it was easy to keep memorized; (b) except for those few wild measures about halfway through, where you're alternating 1&5 with 2 rapidly, it's one of Einaudi's easier pieces; and (c) it's one of my hubby's favorite Einaudi pieces, which actually is all the reason I need. heart

not to nit pick, but that is more than a couple of reasons!!
Either a couple+1 or a few??

Regardless, thanks for sharing!! heart your playing and the tone of your piano laugh

T
T
Thanks Monica, really enjoyed your performance. I need to spend more time listening to (and perhaps eventually learning to play some of) Einaudi's music.

[Linked Image]

Currently working on: Suzuki Piano School, book 5, second half
Heya guys, last thursday I've been to Einaudi in Amsterdam. It was great!!! This is indeed a whole other style then Divenire and his other cds. The really great thing was that he was alway building up to a really large climax at the end of a song. Also the use of a tambourine as an important instrument was really nice to see. I really hope he will come to the Netherlands for his next album too!

Haha I've already asked the sheetmusic for christmas as soon as the show was over laugh. I just can't really find it anywhere. Only at musicroom.com.

Sorry I can't really tell about the concert all that elaborate because I'm going to have breakfast. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Last edited by Wimbwicket; 11/14/09 05:34 AM.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.

Mark Twain

Oh, you're so lucky, Wimbwicket! I'm having a bit of a hard time reconciling Einaudi's music with tambourine (!), but I'll take your word that it works. grin

Did he play mostly pieces from Nightbook or more of a spread across other albums? Did you wait in line after the concert to get his autograph? What was your favorite piece from the concert?

rocky #1305573 11/14/09 08:39 PM
i'm sorry not to read this whole thread. I'd like to buy a Einaudi Ludovico sheet music collection (book) for a student, and was wondering what the simplest was. I found sheet music at musicroom.com.. is that the place to buy it?

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi apple*

You can buy the books on various websites - am sure amazon probably stock them as well. The book which gets recommended by the Einaudi fans here is:
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/057565/details.html

It contains a great amount of work, and at a decent price. The pieces (we think) are ordered in terms of difficulty, so you get to start with the easiest of his repertoire.

Hey Monica.

Oh, you're so lucky, Wimbwicket! I'm having a bit of a hard time reconciling Einaudi's music with tambourine (!), but I'll take your word that it works. grin

It was really weird when i heard it for the first time too. But it sounded really really good!!! (as of all of his albums ofcourse wink ) But the way the sound came out of it was really good with a nice bass tone when the guys hit the full pelt (i don't know what's it called in English the part in the middle of the tambourine). Which made for a great climax in the middle of the pieces.

Did he play mostly pieces from Nightbook or more of a spread across other albums?

During the performance he played i think all of his Nightbook pieces. But in his "encore" he played Oltremare which was incredible to hear live in concert.

Did you wait in line after the concert to get his autograph?

On my way there i was determined to get his autograph. The concert started around 08:30PM. Then he finished around 10:00PM we thought, because he stood up and including his "orchestra" (1 guitar/violin, 1 tambourine/violin, 1 violin, 1 instrument i can't really place, 1 electronics) bowed before the audience. Ofcourse we anticipated an encore. But the encore took another 45 minutes! (not that was a bad thing wink). Then we had to wait for our coates etc. etc. And in the end we had to go before getting his autograph because we had to take the last train home. And the line was just way way way too long, it looked like everyone in audience wanted his autograph grin. Because if we wouldn't have gotten the last train we would've had to go to a big city and then take a cab for about 45 minutes to get home which just was too expensive frown .

What was your favorite piece from the concert?

I actually don't really have a favorite piece of the album because they're all great! But if i would've to pick one i guess would have to be Eros. That's because it was the last piece of the night (he opened the night with Nightbook) and it just was the best because he had stretched out the performance. It was a bit longer than the CD version and it was just so special to say the way they build up to an incredible climax. In about every 30 sec. the song was being "expanded" by an extra instrument. And it's just a whole other experience to hear it live in concert. (I suggest you listen the whole song at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScC9K1A8mAQ). They added another piece in the end of the song which made it just the perfect piece to close the night with.

If i have to pick my favorite piano piece i think it would be Nightbook because of it's mysterious sound. I don't know why but it just appealed to me.

Sorry for the long read but i just wanted to answer the questions in a proper way laugh .

Wimbwicket

Last edited by Wimbwicket; 11/15/09 06:21 AM.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.

Mark Twain
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's some great Nightbook concert footage from a recent concert in Amsterdam.

http://vimeo.com/7598423

Starts out with The Snow Prelude No. 15 then into an version of Tu Sei then what appears to be more improvisation heading into Bye Bye Mon Amour I think. (I've got it playing up to that point right now...)

Who knows what's next yet. smile

[edit]
Oooh, it's Reverie..yay!

Last edited by AnthonyB; 11/17/09 09:48 PM.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
N
N
That was great, thanks for sharing.

That's the concert where I was ! laugh This was just after the break wink

Mark Twain
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
So this is where you've all been hiding and hanging out eh? smile

I can see from listening to some of the pieces that I'm going to have to take a good look at Einaudi in the new year. God I wish I had more time, Einaudi, David N, David L, Wayne G, and so many others I want to get through.

OK so where do I start (as oppose to page 1) wink
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1309348 11/20/09 05:59 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
At least you've got a good heads up on a bunch of pieces already.

Now, if you think you'll play a bunch of the music there is always the "Best Of" Einaudi book that quite a few of us have.

The Best Of Ludovico Einaudi sheet music book at Amazon.com 175 pages of sheet music!

The Best of Book has just about everything from Einaudi's "Le Onde", "I Giorni" and "Eden Roc" albums on it. I think the stuff that is missing are the non-piano pieces from those albums and maybe one other.

A pretty good value for the number of sheets in it. The only songs that I've played that were not in that book were "Una Mattina" and "Come Un Fiore" which come from the Una Mattina book.

I have 3 other Einaudi sheet music books (one for each album not covered by the best of book.) Those have the music for the albums "Una Mattina", "Divenire" and now "Nightbook". Nightbook has yet to be released in the US (January 12, 2010 or so) but I've had my import copy since the album came out. smile

I guess you could simply scour youtube for Einaudi and I could let you know if the sheets are in certain books.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hmmm well I may go the latter route of choice thanks Athony thumb whilst we're on the subject of assistance, how do you make those cool "B&W twilight type" videos, ie what settings and is this post or a light setting whilst taping?

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1309362 11/20/09 06:18 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg
Hmmm well I may go the latter route of choice thanks Athony thumb whilst we're on the subject of assistance, how do you make those cool "B&W twilight type" videos, ie what settings and is this post or a light setting whilst taping?

The B&W is a bit of a side effect of the lousy webcam I use for recording. Color tends to look pretty bad so I simply hit a switch to tell it to record in monochrome instead. I use flash media encoder to record if I'm in windows and I've used Cheese as well as guvcview to record recently in linux as for some reason Cheese is less dependable to make a recording that will play back when I'm done recording. That isn't a surprise I want after thinking I've recorded a good take!

Something tells me that even when I get a better camera that I'll stick to the B&W since it's what I'm used to. smile

Oh, and the other trick with this webcam is that it NEEDS light. If you don't give it lots of light to work with the framerate will be slow and your movements will get blurry. Part of the problem when trying to make my videos when compared to normal playing is getting used to all that extra light!

Last edited by AnthonyB; 11/20/09 06:19 PM.

[Linked Image]
J
J
Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums (and Einaudi!) I know his work gets slated by a lot of people, but just because what he plays isn't particularly 'hard', it doesn't mean it isn't beautiful on the ears! Lennon and McCartney weren't amazing musicians, but it didn't stop them creating a lot of classic songs.

Anyway, i've given a couple of Einaudi songs a bash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIveYAUetV0

Cheers
Fil

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting juniperjungle.

Also...
Happy Birthday Ludovico Einaudi.

[Linked Image]
Page 49 of 119 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission