2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Burkhard, apianostudent, Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, 11 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
This beautiful piece is great Recital piece!
One of my friends says that even after all these years, he still keeps it in his rep. It is a great piece worth learning and re-learning if you learned it back in the dark ages (pre 1993 laugh ) Anyway, I'd like anyone that wants to join to post here please... Its really a gem! Free editions can be found there: http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/dlpage_new.cfm?composition_id=1017

It looks and sounds alot harder than it really is...

Members:

-Debussy20
-joemoshi
-AdagioM
-Sonata

J
J
Count me in.

This is a lot easier than the Rachmaninoff prelude. I just downloaded the sheet music as well as the Midi.

I managed to sight read the first three pages (of course at much slower speed).

I have to admit it is a beautiful piece and the melody is superb. It is also easy to play.

Be happy while there is still time.
L
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
Yes its alot easyier than the Rach...thats why I like it a lot. Ive been working on it for about a month and have completed about 2 and a half pages (memorized as well). But its just as pretty and well known (kinda) as the Rach. And its a great learning piece thats not too hard....i'm surprised there arnt more people joining...

Matt

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Okay, I'll give it a try. I started it in September but stopped early on because of other distractions. Back to the bench.

L
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
Welcome aboard! Its late here and I have school in the morning, so i'll post what i was going to post tommorow.

Matt

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
J
J
At my age it feels a little odd to compete with people so young, but I am not deterred.

Be happy while there is still time.
I've played this one for a long time, and I still need polish the second part, at this moment, I'm learning the other pieces, but I'd like to go back to this one again, so I'll join the group. smile

In my this life, I will enjoy playing the piano
In my next life, I will become a pianist
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Thanks loly for the Utube link to the lass playing the Mozart Fantasia in D minor.

Couldn’t help making a sketch of the little lady doing her impressive thing.

[Linked Image]
She has memorized the piece ... has beautiful lithesome long-fingered hands and romps through the quick bits with youthful abandon. Some heavies might like to fault the excessive elbow flap and the hands not maintaining a steady
horizontal datum over the keyboard ... but until the young lady develops some muscle in those slim arms ... she is doing a handsome job ... especially with the pretty little racy close.

Somebody close ... give her a hug.

Imagine being so engrossed in the Mozart genius ... and she’s only 14 years old (my guess) ... what a way to go!!

Btb, you're an artist - this sketch is absolutely beautiful! And it reflects the young lady and the mood brilliantly!

As for the piece - the only thing I play from Mozart is a little Sonatina that always gives me a happy feeling (Mozart is fun). I've tried Sonata 545 first movement for ages, but to be honest, it is not mine. The fantasy appeals to me much more - I think I'll give it a try, but it'll take time, is there any deadline? You'll all learn it probably much faster than I.

Well, anyway, thank you for introducing me to this piece.

Patty

In love with life
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Patty39,
You obviously have special language skills acting as a translator near Koln ... as a sprog architect I can remember parking my motorbike in front of the Cathedral and wondering why the giant
edifice seemed to lack French flair ... big but rather brutal.

While in Koln ... you must buzz down the Rhine (about 30km) and visit the birth place of Beethoven ... climbing that steep wooden stair
to the upper level atelier to a large room ... made up to mirror the mature Beethoven’s working environment ... complete with Broadwood piano ... ear trumpets ... and the perfect setting for the Beethoven legendary impression of untidiness ... if you are lucky you might even find a half-eaten piece of Wiener schnitzel on the grand (perhaps not!).

Back to the Mozart Fantasia ... the beauty of the piece for a beginner is that it divides into manageable bits ... easy Andante and Adagio tempos
and brisk Presto single measures which can be approached separately.

The 11m Adagio carries the Intro Theme followed by a 13m Adagio are well worth the effort of mastering because of the immaculate and polished
score ... the neatness of the structure makes for easy sight-reading. Don’t blanche at the Presto measure ... save this as an on-going exercise
to perfect your fingering ... the next 10m Adagio is a gem of Mozart’s ability to frame a vibrant RH outline over a drumming bass.
Easy to get right.

Enough for now ... don’t let the fast bits scare you ... you are on to a good thing in giving the Fantasia a bit of a trundle.

L
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
Patty - thanks for joining! There is no deadline whatso ever... we'll probably set up a timline for the piece (like page one 2 weeks ect.)

Matt

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Wowie nice sketch you guys are so talented I hope some of it rubs off on me. :p

I like going to you tube to see what some of these pieces sound like. I like looking at peoples technic I try to adopt the good ones.

I did notice her elbow flapping and from all of her other videos it seems to be something she can't get rid of. She started lessons when she was 7 years old and she's now 10. I certainly can't judge talent since I'm basically a beginner and I think she's fantastic but I can't sense the emotions from a more experienced player or even other little prodigies like Jonathan Gilat, who at the age of 7 could make you cry when he played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKQmoZURbLY&mode=related&search

I think he's a midget and they just tried to pass him as a 7 year old at the time. teeeeeheeeee

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
Originally posted by Debussy20:
Patty - thanks for joining! There is no deadline whatso ever... we'll probably set up a timline for the piece (like page one 2 weeks ect.)

Matt
Gulp! I should have known better than to try to keep up with you eek , young people learn faster.

No, honestly, I think 1 page per 2 weeks is perfectly ok. Well, except the presto parts... maybe they have a trick, I haven't looked at them too closely.

See you!

Patty

In love with life
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
the presto parts: it's all in the fingering! find a pattern that works for you. i'll try to get to mine (too much excitement around here to pick it up this weekend) and let you know what was recommended to me.

later, m

The youtube link is good but I don't suggest to listen only to that one as an example. My humble opinion is that while she's technically good she still has a way to go regarding the dynamics and emotions. She definately is really good at the piano but listen to a professional recording of this piece - I was amazed when I first heard a pro recording.
It's a very beautiful piece. I'm not joining right now because I have other works in progress but I might do it later this year.

Attitude is everything.
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Attitude is definitely not everything if it results in the mask of feigned superiority.

to: btb
I'm very sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I am not in any way underestimating this little girl. She's definately doing great and I tried to make that clear in my post, too.
I try to explain the longer story: I listened to that piece for many times from youtube from this girl. After listening to it so much I once happened to listen to a pro recording and was amazed at how good it was.
It's unfair to compare a pro and the one who is not a pro (yet) so i'm not comparing them. I was just trying to help that others wouldn't only rely on that recording. I was just sharing my experience. I'm sorry if it sounded what you called it frown

Attitude is everything.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here is a recording I made from Classical Music Archives by running a midi file through my Yamaha Keyboard. It was keyed by someone named E. J. Garcia Estefan. I hope this may be of assistance to those of you who are studying this piece.
http://www.box.net/public/i40igh8lei

Mike White

Sidenote on the above - the internet is just unforgiving, it needs a lot of explaining to get messages across as intended.

I have found another amateur recording and am now listening to the last one - interesting how much room the piece leaves for interpretation.

MATT - this is not fair! You have just started this group and now claim in the recital thread that you only need to do some polishing mad

I'll stick to the "1 page per 2 weeks" (and anyway it said somewhere that this piece is intermediate - meaning that it'll cost me till next christmas to learn it all and play it decently, poor Mozart in his grave eek )

Patty

In love with life
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission