2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Burkhard, apianostudent, Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, 11 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
I have to introduce this piece with information about it for my recital Saturday night, and I found very little when I searched Google. I did find, though, that it's quite a popular piece with figure skaters (Irina Slutskaya, for one), and it appears to be classified as "Turbo-Folk." Huljic composes for both rock and classical-type performers, and he has pieces that seem even more popular than Croatian Rhapsody. In all that searching, though, I never could figure out what year it was written.

Nancy

Estonia 168
L
L
Hi, i'm new here. I found this site through a search on google for croatian rhapsody and this whole site looks like exactly what i need!

Anyway, if anyone can send me the kanemasu version through pm then i would be realy grateful.

Thanks. Can't wait to get started on this!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Welcome Libertine,

Check your PMs.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
L
L
Really appreciate that mel! Thanks smile

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I have been following this thread from the beginning and even though I have not posted anything (I really didn't need to) I have been working on this great piece since then. My biggest problem was some of the fingering but there were several solutions and I found one that works for me. While I would not say I have mastered it, I can play it well enough (most of the time) that I don't mind playing it for friends.

There is something very appealing about it that I never tire of and it's one of those pieces that just feel good under my hands (Ragtime makes may hands feel good too).

So, anyway, thanks for all the, unintended, help. I love it!!

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Roger,

If you'd like to post your recording of CR, I'd love to hear it.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I'm working on that. the dreaded 'red dot' is beating me up :-)

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm looking forward to your recording.

A year ago I started recording every one of my practice sessions.

After three days, fear of the red dot decreased markedly.

Within 2-3 weeks, the fear was gone.

No more anxiety and sweaty hands and slippery keys.

Mel

A
A
Hey everyone. I've been lurking through this thread for some time now. I also found the forum on Google while searching for "Croatian Rhapsody".

Would it be possible for someone to PM me the Maksim version of this song? I had no idea that he actually released some sheet music for it. It would be cool to compare the real one to the other transcriptions available.

Thanks!

J
J
Hi
I've just started looking at this piece and it sounds beautiful, I'm currently working on the Burrows version from the first thread. Is this vastly different from the kanemasu version which I've been listening to? Also is there any chance someone could send me the kanemasu sheet music so that I can compare the two?

Thanks
Paul

J
J
hey people, recently got back to playing the piano after a 6 year hiatus, looks like i'll be paying this place a visit very often from now on, haha.

Decided to pick up this song 3 weeks back (I'd say quite a bold move for a 3rd grader in piano hee)

So, I've got these 2 versions of CR scores, one Burrows' and the other Maksim's, but listening to recordings from dannylux and piano*dad, I want to mix in some parts from the kanemasu version, so as to make it 'one of my own', searched everywhere for the score but can't seem to find it.

If anyone has the kanemasu score it'll be great if you could send it to me please,I realise many people are after this score too haha. hopefully I'll be able to post my own version in a month time.

regards

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
I'm not sure which one it is that I play. Have you searched back on the early pages of this thread to see if your two match one of those that is partially posted? I have one I can send you, I'm just not sure if it's one you already have.

Nancy

Estonia 168
G
G
Hello all I'm new to this forum. I'm close to finishing up the Burrow's version of Croatian Rhapsody(just need to work on the speed a tad more and abit of fingering method). I heard the K version of this song and I really love it! Is there anyone that can send me the K version of Croatian Rhapsody please? I can't stop playing this version over and over, it sounds really fun to play!

Regards,
Gabriel
Where can I get the score for this? I tried downloading from the Maksim site, but no luck.
Thanks

Never mind, I've got it after all. This is going to be fun!

G
G
Thanks Dannylux, for the K version!

Regards,
Gabriel
A
A
Hello everyone. As you can see, I am new to the forum. Although I joined specifically for this piece, I am sure I will benefit from many of the other great threads this forum has to offer.

I am excited to get started on this piece. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me the Kanemasu version. I would also be interested in the Maksim version if anyone has it.

Please PM me and if you can't send it via PM I will give you my email.

Thanks in advance!

(EDIT) Thank You Danylux

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Hi AjDionysus--

How did you hear of this piece? Since I heard about it on this forum, I'm curious how you would have come to want to play it.

I finished it about 18 months ago, and it's one I play every few days still. It's so much fun!

Nancy

Estonia 168
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
I was surprised to see this thread revived!

AJDionysus, I hope you have as much fun as I did learning to play this one. I call this one "finger fun".

Nancy, did you ever hear or download the sheet music to the Brazilian Samba (think the translated name is something like..."Don't Touch me"?)? Mel (dannylux) discovered that one & recorded a performance for us a while ago. If you enjoy playing the Croatian Rhapsody, you will probably also enjoy the Brazilian Samba. It is shorter, and easier to learn and a real technical treat for the fingers. I am sure you would enjoy playing that one often as well!

Jeff
[Linked Image]
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Thanks for the idea, Jeff. I'm truly amazed at how much I love playing Croatian Rhapsody. I'm not really a piano player, more of a piano practicer, but I always have time to sit down for a full rendition of Croatian Rhapsody. I will look up Brazilian Samba from Mel. I've been stuck on some uninspiring pieces lately--or maybe just in an uninspired mental state--so I'd like to pick things up with a Samba.

Nancy

Estonia 168
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission