2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 11 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
I e-mailed Frycek and said we needed help! It should be coming soon.

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
Okay, I finally played through it, and it's...doable. Not easy, but doable. It'll take me awhile...

Mary Anna Evans
Author of the Faye Longchamp mysteries
http://www.maryannaevans.com
Blogging at maryannaevans@blogspot.com
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by btb:
Panic over Peyton,
I think I've got it licked.
However my first bash is a Delacroix painting of Chopin. [Linked Image]

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]
Hoping this proportional linear diagram of measure 6 of the Chopin Nocturne 55.1 has emerged at a reasonable size... to convey the duration split of notes. C takes up half the measure.
the trill 3 notes in an eighth of the measure ... then two sixteenth notes completing the third quarter of the measure.

Thanks for your patience.

[Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
When btb deletes his original images the look of the thread should return to normal. It's nice to me needed. Sorry I took so long. If anyone pm'd me, I didn't get it.

[Linked Image]
L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
You are a sweetheart...and YOU are always NEEDED and APPRECIATED!

For all the background information you provide, the photos (which add so much to our appreciation and knowledge of Chopin and his life) for all the suggestions and helful tips you give, for all those links that are invaluable, and the humorous quips you add.

HOW can you ever think you are not needed??

I didn't PM you. I never know if you get them.

Gratefully, Kathleen

PS btb...just delete your images and as Frycek stated, they should become smaller in size.

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
A special thank you to Frycek for getting the team back on track. I've spent ages trying to find where the heck those images are to delete but with no success.

If everybody else is not inconvenienced by my blunder in oversizing the pictures ... I think I'm going to call it a day ... SA time is 18h30
and time for supper and a look at what additional
missles have been launched in the Middle East...
maybe not!!

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
A special thank you to Frycek for getting the team back on track. I've spent ages trying to find where the heck those images are to delete but with no success.

If everybody else is not inconvenienced by my blunder in oversizing the pictures ... I think I'm going to call it a day ... SA time is 18h30
and time for supper and a look at what additional
missles have been launched in the Middle East...
maybe not!!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
btb, all you need to do is push "edit" for the posts with the large pictures, highlight the jpgs and hit delete.

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Peyton,
Sorry to be a bit of a drag ... and thank you for
being so considerate ... but where do I find the posts with the large pictures so that I can hightlight the jpgs and hit delete.

When I tried it on the "Full Reply Form" ... there was an instant bold-lettered warning:
"Only administrators or moderators may perform this action"

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
btb: I was put off by that warning when I first came on the forum. What it means is that only YOU (the original poster) and administrators and moderators can edit or delete.

Just ignore the warning and go to your thread, click on the image with the paper and pencil at the far right on top of your message (in front of the quotation marks) and this will take you back to your message box. From there you can edit or fix anything. As Peyton says: Highlight the jpg image line and then hit delete. This will take out your picture. Then, to let the screen go back, press Add Reply under the message box. You'll get a screen that will have "we're taking you back to...." Then you'll be back to the threads. Boy, I'm confused. Did you get this?

Kathleen

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
ANOTHER QUESTION:

Starting in measure 3, they put a flat in front of the B. Again in 5.

Well, the B is already flat in accordance with the key.

Does this added flat mean it's a double flat? That's not the way to indicate a double flat, or is it?

Confusing.

Kathleen

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by loveschopintoomuch:
Starting in measure 3, they put a flat in front of the B. Again in 5.

Well, the B is already flat in accordance with the key.
Because there is a b natural for the right hand in this same measure, but it's a b flat for the left hand. So a flat symbol there is just to make sure there is no confusion with the b natural on the right hand part.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Peyton,
Sorry to be a bit of a drag ... and thank you for
being so considerate ... but where do I find the posts with the large pictures so that I can hightlight the jpgs and hit delete.

When I tried it on the "Full Reply Form" ... there was an instant bold-lettered warning:
"Only administrators or moderators may perform this action"
Go to your own two posts. May sure you're not clinking on someone else's. Use the icons to the right of your username. The next to last icon looks like a piece of paper and a pencil. Click on this icon. It will take to you the screen with this warning on it.
"Edit Post
Only forum leaders or the person that posted this message may edit this message (and only registered users may edit/delete posts)"
Go in and highlight the entire post and then delete it. I've already copied the posts.

[Linked Image]
I worked today on the measure six trill. When you listen to the recording it sounds like there is a very slight retard on the trill , then back to tempo in measure 7. The trill is okay- but the 4th beat of the measure in the left hand sounds odd to me- the G flat octave- but after practicing it, I think I got it today.

qtpi
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Like riding a bike ... easy when you know how.
Thanks Frycek,Kathleen and Peyton for getting me out of a jam. It would be good to know of a simple formula to know if a picture is right size. You chaps are snoozing while I'm bashing in this word of thanks ... must get another breakfast cup of tea.

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
Thanks, LA, about that Bb question. Of course, you're right. It didn't connect at first. But when I looked at the music again. Sure enough, I noticed that natural Bb in the RH, and I've been playing it as such.

While we're on the subject (sort of), I KNOW I think of the RH and LH as two different spheres and not just a large extension of one major staff, which it is. This is what causes me to have problems reading the left hand and (in some cases) playing it. I'm getting better (I should, after all the practicing I do), but still recognizing a certain note (in the LH on the lower ledger lines) and chords (some I still have to pause and figure out) is probably one of the reasons why I don't progress as quickly as I should. That left hand thing is still a bug-a-boo for me.

When I do sight reading, I will often just play the left hand in a piece...to get more practice noticing and becoming more familiar with chords. That's helped. But, I think the LH will never be as easy for me as the RH.

Kathleen

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
not on topic

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I still have a lot of work to do on the first two pages but I have started trying to work on the second section. It is night and day from the first. Much more difficult. I find that for two handed passages like this I almost have to memorize them before I can begin to play them smoothly so I see many months ahead before I begin to have it down.

The first time I ever heard that 28/4 was in the movie Five Easy Pieces. Jack Nickelson is asked to play, plays it and then ridicules it as "easy". As usual the "easy" pieces are sometime the hardest to interprete well. I bet you play it wonderfully despite the broken sound board and bad mic.

I've been working on 28/2 and 28/3. I'm beginning to think both are out of my reach. 28/2 has these strange left hand stretches and 28/3 has a jump I just can't see possible at speed. It's very frustrating to put so much time into something and just not be able to "get it".

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by loveschopintoomuch:
When I do sight reading, I will often just play the left hand in a piece...to get more practice noticing and becoming more familiar with chords.
You need to work more on sight reading BOTH hands together. Sight reading is more of an exercise for the brain than for the hands. You train your brain to process information faster. Go to a church and borrow a hymnbook. Hymns are full of chords, but they are usually very easy chords. Work on them for 3-4 months, and you will see how much you improve on your sight reading skill.

Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission