2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Enjoy, enjoy smile

Happy Tinkling

Lee laugh [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks Lee! It's the only thing I can do well at the moment, so anything from here should be better. laugh

Music speaks where words fails.
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
smile Ooh congrats! Have fun with it!

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by jrcallan:
Key notes:

Hit a key or chord, then press the right pedal. See if the note/chord sustains until you let off the pedal. That will at least tell you if you have the pedal connected properly.

And Good Luck with the new Piano! Have a ball.
Thanks jrcallan! Do I keep holding down the key(s) while I press the pedal, or let it up and still hold down the pedal? Kind of feel like driving with a manual transmission car type of coordiantions?

smile

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by saerra:
smile Ooh congrats! Have fun with it!
Thanks Saerra! I'm sure I will except for having to listen to my own bad playing. laugh

Awesome! Glad ya got it, glad it went together without any major surgery.

If others' posts are any indication, all ya gotta do is start tinkling. smile

I spent the afternoon with my 2 grown sons in our first ever jam session. My youngest played my keyboard, oldest played flute and I played bass. The blues will never be the same again. I think we may have broken something.... J/K. We had a great time.

Have fun...enjoy the ride.

RatMan
1961 Hammond M-101, Casio Digital kb, a coupla basses and some other stuff.
Canon 40D and a half-full camera bag.
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing (I ain't thru doin the camera thing.)
http://www.chevyasylum.com
http://www.raytherat.com
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Congratulations Key notes. Your enthusiasm is infectious!. thumb

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Ratman! Yes, I got it. smile

That's truly wonderful that you and your sons shares such special times and talents together. It sounded like you all had a grand time. That's really great! I would like to believe that family who plays together stays together. Hope you and your sons will continue with these joyful sessions in the future and make it a family tradition.

Best Regards,

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm so excited for you keynotes...Congrats!! smile

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Congratulations Key notes. Your enthusiasm is infectious!. thumb
Thanks Mr SH! I figured if negativities bring you and everyone else down then positivities should have the reserve effects, at least I always hope so.

I really enjoyed listening to your "Fun with Für" post. Such a great idea! Wish I could play well enough to contribute. It's so fun to be able to be creative in whatever you do.

Cheers,

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Kawaigirl1:
I'm so excited for you keynotes...Congrats!! smile
Thanks Kawaigirl1! I hope that I'll be able to play like you some day. Oh, I mean some years! laugh

Regards,

Key Notes

Originally posted by Key Notes:
Thanks Ratman! Yes, I got it. smile

That's truly wonderful that you and your sons shares such special times and talents together. It sounded like you all had a grand time. That's really great! I would like to believe that family who plays together stays together. Hope you and your sons will continue with these joyful sessions in the future and make it a family tradition.

Best Regards,

Key Notes smile
Thanks, KN. Youngest son is takin off for NY to take a payin gig with an opera company. He's actually gonna work as a singing tenor and then next summer he'll go back to the Ohio Light Opera Company for the 3rd year and have a shot a directing some of their productions. Can ya tell that I'm proud of my sons? What a blessing. Anyway I wanted to do this with both guys before he escaped the high desert. And they mentioned doing this again before he leaves. Btw, both guys are so far advanced from me that I felt like a sponge, absorbing everything they could teach me. But I felt kinda pleased that when we'd start a song, I'd check with 'em on the key we were playing and I was right a lot more than I was wrong. The F# song kinda eluded me. smile I guess my ears still work a little bit.

Not to highjack yer thread nor minimize your excitement about the new piano. I'm very, very happy for ya. I dunno if ya got musicians in your family, but maybe you can experience this same sorta wonderful thing.

Please keep us informed about your progress...and if yer not on the Practice Club roster, I'd suggest joining up. It provides me with a lotta motivation to play every day and I know that helps me.

RatMan
1961 Hammond M-101, Casio Digital kb, a coupla basses and some other stuff.
Canon 40D and a half-full camera bag.
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing (I ain't thru doin the camera thing.)
http://www.chevyasylum.com
http://www.raytherat.com
Originally posted by Key Notes:
Originally posted by jrcallan:
[b] Key notes:

Hit a key or chord, then press the right pedal. See if the note/chord sustains until you let off the pedal. That will at least tell you if you have the pedal connected properly.

And Good Luck with the new Piano! Have a ball.
Thanks jrcallan! Do I keep holding down the key(s) while I press the pedal, or let it up and still hold down the pedal? Kind of feel like driving with a manual transmission car type of coordiantions?

smile [/b]
Hold the right pedal down then just hit a key and let off of it, don't hold the key down. With the right pedal down that note should sustain.
MULLY
had to return my speaker when I got mine because of faulty wiring, it's all good now though

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Mullyman,

Thanks for your advise in regarding to the usage of the right pedal. I tried it and it worked. Fantastic! Thank you so much. Now I just have to learn when and where to apply this note suspension feature.

Sorry to hear about your speakers but glad to hear that everything is ok now.

Have a good day!

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
[/QUOTE]Thanks, KN. Youngest son is takin off for NY to take a payin gig with an opera company. He's actually gonna work as a singing tenor and then next summer he'll go back to the Ohio Light Opera Company for the 3rd year and have a shot a directing some of their productions. Can ya tell that I'm proud of my sons? What a blessing. Anyway I wanted to do this with both guys before he escaped the high desert. And they mentioned doing this again before he leaves. Btw, both guys are so far advanced from me that I felt like a sponge, absorbing everything they could teach me. But I felt kinda pleased that when we'd start a song, I'd check with 'em on the key we were playing and I was right a lot more than I was wrong. The F# song kinda eluded me. smile I guess my ears still work a little bit.

Not to highjack yer thread nor minimize your excitement about the new piano. I'm very, very happy for ya. I dunno if ya got musicians in your family, but maybe you can experience this same sorta wonderful thing.

Please keep us informed about your progress...and if yer not on the Practice Club roster, I'd suggest joining up. It provides me with a lotta motivation to play every day and I know that helps me. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ratman,

No one should appologize for bringing good news, including you. In fact, I think this forum is the perfect place for you to share music related successes so that we can all celebrate and be inspired by it.

Thanks for all of your help once again and yes, I will try to reach for the moon because even if I fall, I'll land among the stars.

Cheers,

Key Notes smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your new piano, Key Notes.

I'm sure you'll love it.

Here's an excellent book on pedal usage that you can download.

A Pedal Method For The Piano, by Albert F. Venino:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f2cmn5imbyd

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Thanks dannylux (Mel), I truly appreciate it. And thanks for the link to the pedal method book. It'll definitely help me out.

I also took the liberty of listening to two of your recordings, Croatian Rhapsody and Raval Pavane. Wonderful piano playing skills you have. I like the dramatic nature of Croatian Rhapsody and the calm and peacefulness of Raval Pavane. I would love to hear Raval on a harp.

Thank you very much once again, and have a fantastic day!

Key Notes smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission