2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, Barly, 1957, 10 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Theowne,

I just finished listening to your Ravel, and then watching the video. I sure as heck couldn't play like that after three years training.

It's too bad the video chops you off at the forearms, but I can understand wanting to preserve anonymity. You appear to have a very relaxed technique, which is such a blessing in a piece like that. Tense wrist and forearm would make that kind of light and rapid movement a torture.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Does anyone have a bootleg version of the John Frank, Monica, Listener exchanges?. I'll pay good money for it.

Dammit, I missed it again!. :p

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Does anyone have a bootleg version of the John Frank, Monica, Listener exchanges?. I'll pay good money for it.

You see what happens when you don't CONSTANTLY monitor the forum! The bootleg version along with the Frycek "Goodby/I'm back" and the soap now playing out on the Recital thread will all be available on CD soon. You just have to keep hitting that refresh button so you don't miss anything.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That is just too funny laugh ha

http://www.youtube.com/user/Theowne- Piano Videos (Ravel, Debussy, etc) & Original Compositions
音楽は楽しいですね。。。
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Peyton:
[b] Does anyone have a bootleg version of the John Frank, Monica, Listener exchanges?. I'll pay good money for it.

You see what happens when you don't CONSTANTLY monitor the forum! The bootleg version along with the Frycek "Goodby/I'm back" and the soap now playing out on the Recital thread will all be available on CD soon. You just have to keep hitting that refresh button so you don't miss anything. [/b]
Well, Monica's part in the exchanges is not available since it is largely immaterial (she was just an innocent "drive-by victim" and mine may or may not be available pending the outcome of CD royalty negotiations, so it may just be Lisztener communicating with himself on the CD - but is that dim buzzing noise I hear in the background the sound of a stirring hornet's nest? :p

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
OP Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Actually, MY part of the exchanges are still right up there on the thread and can be summarized as "Huh?" and "What happened?" and "I can take whatever JF has to dish out!" laugh

What I would *die* for is the unedited version of Diane C.'s awards that got deleted on the other recital thread. laugh laugh

...and seeing as I spend 90% of my waking hours on the forum, I am seriously ticked to have missed out on so much juicy stuff lately. mad

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nah, it's the wire tap being set up, JF.

We have a special available only before the holiday.

JK

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Hey JF!,

I just got back from my piano lesson and I see that the Hunkster wants a copy of the "friendly" exchange between you and me. I will not try to paraphrase it for fear of beginning another feud between the two of us, but it would be interesting to see if anyone captured and saved our exchange. I wish I had had the presence of mind to do so, but at the time I was more interested in getting our differences resolved so we could clean-up our mess by deleting the posts.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my favorite adversary,

Lisztener

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Frank:
but is that dim buzzing noise I hear in the background the sound of a stirring hornet's nest? :p

Regards, JF
Nah, I think we're back to just having fun. Phew!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Monica K.:

What I would *die* for is the unedited version of Diane C.'s awards that got deleted on the other recital thread. laugh laugh

...and seeing as I spend 90% of my waking hours on the forum, I am seriously ticked to have missed out on so much juicy stuff lately. mad
Not to worry Monica. You ranked right up there. I didn't do quite so well and Piano Dad went home with the booby prize and frankly I was jealous. It was a classic flame war. Good pull by the moderator. smile

We should have a "Drama Alert Network". When real drama/soap opera stuff starts happening on the forum an alert gets e-mailed out so we can catch it before it's deleted.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Peyton:
We should have a "Drama Alert Network". When real drama/soap opera stuff starts happening on the forum an alert gets e-mailed out so we can catch it before it's deleted.
Count me in!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Lisztener:
Hey JF!,

I just got back from my piano lesson and I see that the Hunkster wants a copy of the "friendly" exchange between you and me.
Well, like you, not too sure about that "friendly" part - more like "semi-civil, but nevertheless pithy" I would think wink

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my favorite adversary,

Lisztener
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you too (and to all) - we have a lot to be thankful for - like deleted posts, etc. smile

Regards, JF

P.S. "favorite adversary" :p Reminds me of my step-daughter, who claims she's my favorite step-daughter (hoping that I'll forget that she's my only one).

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Haha. That dimm buzz is ME laugh .

I just love how at one point or another everybody seems to get in a fight with someone. Heck, I'm sure that at one point or another everybody has fought with everyone else; probably about something stupid too!

I've had it out with both John Frank AND Listener as well as constantly make cheap cracks at our lovely Monica!. WHO CARES! It just shows how reasonable people CAN get along even when they don't agree..... eventually! wink

I think everyone is stupid including myself.

Just think if you get into an argument with me and later your spouse askes why your in such a ****y mood and you have to tell them that you were on some internet forum arguing with a Mr Super-Hunky!

Someone has just got to look like a moron here! laugh

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Hey Listener, I thought *I* was your favorite adversary!. Did you dump me? eek

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Hunk,

I've given up on you because I can't convince you that the star rating system is the greatest thing since sliced fingers in the sandwich shop. thumb

Seriously, :p it has been awhile since I've turned your neck red hasn't it. :rolleyes:

Well, to tell the truth (Hmmm) I've come to think of you like an older brother, so our disagreements have become family matters and not for public display.

Sound like a reasonable cop-out? laugh

Good luck acquiring your desired transcript of my discussion with JF. If you find a copy, please send me one, OK?

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend,

Lisztener

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I just love how at one point or another everybody seems to get in a fight with someone. Heck, I'm sure that at one point or another everybody has fought with everyone else; probably about something stupid too!
At the risk of getting into a fight with you laugh the reality is that it's only a few of us that are once in awhile "squabbling" (like a band of real brothers) and it's never over something stupid - quite to the contrary our "gentlemanly disagreements" are always concerning key issues that are vitally important to the ongoing welfare of this Forum community - you, of course, would not "dispute" that, would you? confused

And I would prefer to believe that we arrive at these points of contention precisely because of our high intelligence which is always aided and abetted by our very sensitive artistic temperament. smile

Regards, JF

P.S. Just re-read what I wrote above and it sounds so good even I might believe it sooner or later! :p

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Just think if you get into an argument with me and later your spouse askes why your in such a ****y mood and you have to tell them that you were on some internet forum arguing with a Mr Super-Hunky!
laugh laugh laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Theowne,

I just finished listening to your Ravel, and then watching the video. I sure as heck couldn't play like that after three years training.

It's too bad the video chops you off at the forearms, but I can understand wanting to preserve anonymity. You appear to have a very relaxed technique, which is such a blessing in a piece like that. Tense wrist and forearm would make that kind of light and rapid movement a torture.
Thanks for the comments! I can't think of anything critical to say about your performance, which was excellent, so instead I'll comment on the splicing, which was a tad too audible, you could eliminate that by fading between the two halves so that it sounds less abrupt. smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/Theowne- Piano Videos (Ravel, Debussy, etc) & Original Compositions
音楽は楽しいですね。。。
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
JF, I'll let you have the last word this time......

This time......Mu-wah-ha ha ha :t:

Schubertian,

I commented in the general thread that your thirds (at least I think they were thirds!) were very evenly played and round toned. They sang.

Two small comments.

I think that even a prelude as stately and song-like as this one could benefit from a touch more articulation in the phrasing. Perhaps because it is so song-like the phrasing assumes even more importance. My second point is related. I don't have the score in front of me, so I don't know what pedal markings Chopin placed in there (or what the editors of your urtext edition did with it), but I wonder what the piece would sound like with a somewhat lighter approach taken to pedaling. That might allow you to go to the expressive high points of each musical idea and essentially take a small breath of separation.

I don't happen to own a copy of the preludes. What a silly lapse on my part! Therefore, take everything that I say with a huge pinch of proverbial salt. Staring at the text makes for better understanding.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission