Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1124559 - 08/30/04 08:24 PM [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project

Volume 1

The Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project (PW-MRCP) aims to create a compilation of recordings by Piano World members. The deliverable of this project will be a set of CD's containing recordings submitted by Piano World members.

The outline of the project plan is presented HERE .

Call for Recording Submission

This thread invites interested members to consider submitting a recording for the Project.

Please post to this thread only to declare your intention to submit a recording.[/b] Please use THIS THREAD for other discussion/comments.

To aid proper planning of the project, members should be fairly certain that they can follow-through with their intention to submit a recording before declaring their intention here.

When declaring your intention to submit, there are only TWO pieces of information that is required: the LENGTH[/b] of the intended submission (e.g., "5 minutes"), and your Piano World Screen-Name[/b].

Information such as the title of the piece you intend to record, the name of the composer, the opus number, arrangement, etc. are encouraged but not yet required at this point. (We will need them eventually, but we figure we can get by without them for another month or so as far as planning is concerned. But providing the extra information may help avoid having different people submitting recordings of the same piece -- e.g., it would be a little awkward to find out at the last minute that we have twenty people submitting a recording of Greensleeves using the same piano arrangement. \:D ).

A few things to keep in mind as you think about submitting a recording:
  • DEADLINE is 30 September 2004. If you intent to submit a recording, please let us know before 30 September 2004.
  • COPYRIGHT: Please be mindful of copyright issues -- please help protect Piano World and protect this Project by not submitting material that is still protected by copyright. THIS THREAD(*) is setup for copyright-related query/discussion. The http://www.ascap.com/ website is also a good resource. Generally speaking, your improvisations and original compositions are fine, and pretty much any music published more than 75 years ago are fine -- so your Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, etc. are all covered. \:\)
  • RELEASE FORM: To include your recording on the Compilation CD, you will be expected to sign a very simple release form stating that you allow the material you submit to be used royalty-free for this Project once (and only once for this Project, you will retain all rights to all the material you submit). This is to protect Piano World and this Project from any future copyright-related law suite. Your real name and signature will be required on this form, but this information will not be published with the Compilation CD (unless you explicitly want your real name to appear there). A draft of such a document will be posted for your reference in a couple of weeks.
  • SKILL LEVEL: This is a community project for every one who loves the piano, beginners, students, amateurs, professionals, concert pianists -- every one is welcome.[/b] It's not about how well you play, it's about sharing your love and enthusiasm for the piano with your fellow Piano World members. So don't be shy.
  • Is it "Piano only?" No, your recording need not necessarily be a piano-only performance. We ask only that your recording involves the piano in some significant way. Other than that, feel free to be as creative as you would like.
  • Deadline to actually submit your recording will likely be December 31, 2004. This may change, but please plan with that date in mind for the time being.

OK... this is a long post and there are many things involved in getting a recording compilation out, but the basic message is this:

We want your recording for a set of CD's that we will be compiling, so please think about it and let us know if you'd like to give us your recording for the compilation. \:D

#1124560 - 08/30/04 09:56 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

The following table keeps track of who intends to submit what (going by submitter's Piano World screen-name in alphabetical order):

Screen-NameExpected Length
of Recording
Description
88Key_PianoPlayer6'~10'Traditional gospel/hymns (TBD)
ballad312'TBD
Bernard4'Brahms, Intermezzi, Op. 116, #4
Bob Muir2'Beethoven, Fur Elise, first section
boliverallmon9'
  • John Keifer, Suite for Toy Piano
  • Shoatakovich, Prelude #14

Brendan14'Chopin, Andante Spianato & Grand Polonaise Brilliante, Op. 22
cathys3'Rachmaninoff, Etude Tableau in G minor
Chris W110'
  • Bach - Non Kom Der Heiden Heinland, Busoni transcribed organ prelude
  • Rachmaninoff or Chopin or Scarlatti or Gershwin - TBD

CrashTest6'CrashTest, Piano Suite, 1st movement
DanM3'Handel Keyboard Suite #4 Allemande.
David KirkhamTBDBeethoven, Moonlight 1st mvmt and/or Fur Elise
Diarmuid23'Liszt, Romance in E minor
fnork10'Chopin, Ballard #3 or Etude, Op. 10, #1
EHpianist4'~15'Either solo, four-hand, or two-piano (TBD)
Ghost3'~4'Chopin and/or original composition
gryphonTBDTBD
jgooTBDjgoo, Nocturne in A Major
jodiTBDPossibly Brahms, Intermezzo, Op. 118, #2 (TBD)
katie4'
  • J-H Fiocco, Suite in G Major (Op 1., #1 - Andante);
  • Possibly also Bach Inventino #13 (TBD)

KatieJTBDClementi, Sonatina #3, Op. 36, movements 1, 2, and 3
kenny16'
  • Chopin, Nocturne in E-flat major, Op. 9, #2
  • Chopin, Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72 (Posth), #1
  • J. S. Bach, Aria from the Goldberg Variations in G Major, BWV 988

KevinTBDTBD
KlavierBauerTBD
  • Schubert, Impromptu, Op. 90, #3
  • Beethoven, Ecossaise (1-6)
  • Bach, Prelude #2 from WTC-1

kluurTBD
  • Greig, Arietta
  • Chopin, Etude, Op. 25, #1

Kreisler15'Bach, 4th French Suite in E-flat Major
markjps6'
  • Chopin Prelude in C# Minor Op.28, #10
    Chopin Prelude in B Minor Op.28, #6
    Chopin Waltz in A minor.

netizen5'TBD
Nunatax3'30"Chopin, Nocturne in C# Minor
paulie5679'~10'
  • Scriabin, Etude in F#, Op. 2, #8
  • Chopin, Etude in B, Op. 25, #10
  • Rachmaninoff, Prelude in C#, Op. 3, #2

peteTBDTBD
Penny5'Either Moussorgsky Old Castle or Greig Anitra's Dance
PerfectPitch5'30"~20'31"Ravel Jeux d'eau or Beethoven Op. 53 Appassionata
Phlebas4'Haydn Hob. XVI/48 (2nd movement) or Brahms Op. 118, #6
PianisticalTBDSchumann, Carnaval Op. 9, #12 Chopin
pianojuggler3'~5'Either a Scarlatti K32/L423 or Ne Me Quitte Pas by Jacques Brel (TBD)
Piano WorldTBDRock/Jazz (TBD)
piquéTBD
  • Chopin, Waltz in B-flat minor
  • Mozart, Andante from K.330
  • Schumann, Furchtenmachen and Bittendes Kind

SoftwareResearchTBDScarlatti K27 or K1
StahlbrandTBDBunch of stuff by Chopin
Ted (a.k.a. Ted2)10'Original works:
  • The Call of the Hundred Islands
  • Song of Aragorn
  • Portrait of Llewelyn Jones
  • The Blue Boncus Drag

TGG5'~10'Jazz idiom worship material (TBD)
Tocca and PianisticalTBDBrahms, Hungarian Dance #5 for four hands
TromboneAl4'Jazz (TBD)
wldrumstcsTBD
  • Mozart, 3rd movement from K.330
  • Chopin, Polonaise in A-flat major

Zyphyr6'30"Ravel, Une Barque sur L'Ocean

Last updated: 7-October-2004, 11:30pm EST.

#1124561 - 08/31/04 01:58 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
EHpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY-Madrid-Newfoundland (rhymes...
I can submit solo or duo... one piano four hands or two pianos... hmmm..

Well for now I will just say it will not be more than 15 minutes long can possibly be as short as 4, whatever you prefer. I have to finish editing my current CD before I give the final word on which piece it will be. But count me in.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

#1124562 - 08/31/04 02:01 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Diarmuid2 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
I'll submit the Romance in E minor by Liszt. 3mins approx.

#1124563 - 08/31/04 04:32 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
cathys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
If I can get this recording thing worked I'll try to submit Etude Tableau in G minor - Rachmaninoff (just under 3 mins approx.)

CathyS

#1124564 - 08/31/04 04:33 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
cathys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
Double Post (That was weird I must've hit the quote button when I was shutting down the PC).

Cathy

#1124565 - 08/31/04 05:18 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Looks like I'd better practice up on one of my rock/jazz pieces before this CD becomes all classical :-)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!

#1124566 - 08/31/04 06:43 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
pianojuggler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I would like to record a submission. Or submit a recording.

Either a short Scarlatti piece (about 3 or 4 minutes) or if there's interest in non-classical, "Ne Me Quitte Pas" by Jacques Brel (about 4 to 5 minutes).

But I need a decent piano and recording equipment. See the thread I just started for ideas.

#1124567 - 08/31/04 07:20 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
I'll do something.

Not sure what, tho.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1124568 - 08/31/04 08:30 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Brendan Offline

Loc: McAllen, TX

#1124569 - 08/31/04 10:13 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
piqué Offline
5000 Post Club Member

i will record either the andante of mozart's C maj. sonata K. 330 or the chopin Bm waltz (Le Adieu)--or both, and you can pick out what you like better. i don't know the length yet. as of now, it looks like some mozart added to the mix would give us a little more variety in style.

now in paperback:

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey

#1124570 - 08/31/04 10:27 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
TGG Offline

Loc: Houston
Ax, I'll be recording some original, jazz idiom worship material this fall and would love to submit a little something. Piano and voice. Put me down for 5 minutes. Exact piece TBA. Thanks. TGG

#1124571 - 08/31/04 10:55 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
PerfectPitch Offline

Loc: Yonkers, NY
I can submit Ravel: Jeux d'eau 5:30, or Beethoven Sonata op. 53 ("Appassionata") 20:31, if this is too long. The first movement is (9:30).

#1124572 - 08/31/04 11:01 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
SoftwareResearch Offline

Loc: Germany
What a great idea! It seems as if we have many professional pianists, though, so I am not sure whether a mediocre amateur such as me should contribute. However, I could try to polish a short Scarlatti sonata, either K27 or K1.

Klaus

#1124573 - 08/31/04 12:33 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Ax..... where is your contribution to the CD????? ;\)

#1124574 - 08/31/04 12:39 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Dan M Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California
Put me down for 3 min, Handel keyboard Suite #4 Allemande. I might change my mind, but it won't change all that much.

#1124575 - 08/31/04 01:07 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
pianojuggler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I looked up the number of my would-be Scarlatti piece: it's the Aria K32/L423 in Dm.

Will anyone be exercising editorial control over this collection? If two people submit the same piece, will they both go on the disc? Will anyone be determining if someone's submission is of unacceptable performance or recording quality?

Just curious...

#1124576 - 08/31/04 01:12 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
wldrumstcs Offline

Loc: Chicago
I was thinking of resubmitting a better recording of my 2nd movement of Mozart's Sonata in C major, K330. I don't know the time length yet though... Heck, I may do the 3rd movement too, put me down as TBD!

#1124577 - 08/31/04 02:01 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Ted Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I have excellent tape facilities but not much else. So provided I can find somebody local to make a good enough quality CD or file from my recordings I shall contribute two or three of my own pieces in contrasting styles. Total duration > 5' but certainly < 10'

#1124578 - 08/31/04 02:56 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Juan Capistrano, CA
I'd like to be involved, but I'm not sure how to go about a quality recording. Also, I suspect Gershwin is copyrighted. Can do either Moussorgsky "Old Castle" or Grieg "Anitra's Dance" (I'm finally finishing it!!!!), both about 5 minutes, if they're not protected.

penny

#1124579 - 08/31/04 03:01 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
ballad3 Offline

Loc: mississauga.ON
hey cool, my name is penny too=)
i'd like to submit pieces from either debussy's claire de lune, sunken cathedral, or an assortment of chopin's preludes or waltzes...the time is probably 12 mins or so, but ill confirm soon.

#1124580 - 08/31/04 03:10 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Juan Capistrano, CA
uh-oh! do you have red hair and a red piano, too????

penny

#1124581 - 08/31/04 04:41 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
88Key_PianoPlayer Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: El Cajon, CA
I might think about something along the lines of traditional gospel / hymns (1 or 2 songs at 3 to 5 minutes each - not sure) on my 91-year-old 56" upright piano.... unless someone in San Diego has a 9' or larger grand piano they'd be willing to let me use (also for a CD project of my own)...
/me is curious as to what pianos other members plan to record with...
1950 (#144211) Baldwin Hamilton
1956 (#167714) Baldwin Hamilton
You can right-click my avatar for an option to view a larger version.

#1124582 - 08/31/04 07:25 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
netizen Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
I'll contribute something. Look to keep it short. 5 minutes or plus/minus. Thinking something from the three C's: Crumb, Cowell, and Cage. Thinking maybe prepared piano. Put me down: TBD/TBD. \:D

#1124583 - 08/31/04 10:19 PM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Zephyr Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
I'll submit my recording of Ravel's Une Barque sur L'Ocean, which is about 6 and a half minutes.

#1124584 - 09/01/04 04:48 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Hi

I've only been playing for 10 months would it be okay to submit something?

regards

Lee

#1124585 - 09/01/04 07:47 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
jdsher Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Plano, Texas
Seaside: I believe the idea here is to include all levels of playing. So I would say "why not include some of us beginners".
Jon

#1124586 - 09/01/04 09:03 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Hi Jon

I know from what I read and hear that there are some brilliant pianists on here...but, if there is a first year students section I'll definitely submit something

Just so long as its only rotten tomatoes that are thrown!!

regards

Lee

#1124587 - 09/01/04 09:24 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

For all you hessitent "Beginners" out there, see http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/33/9.html \:\)

#1124588 - 09/01/04 09:43 AM Re: [PW-MRCP] Member's Recording Compilation Project -- Call for Recording Submission
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I would love to submit something, but I haven't a clue what I would need to record it. Can anyone clue me in on what would be required for a recording worth listening to?

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (A Guy, accordeur, allakart, ajames, 36 invisible), 1383 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157148 Topics
2307962 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
OT - Technical help for recording Silent feature to laptop
by casinitaly
08/29/14 05:13 PM
College Audition Repertoire for Historical Performance
by Priima
08/29/14 04:53 PM
theme and variations trivia question
by beet31425
08/29/14 04:35 PM
1950s Zimmermann
by MaxR
08/29/14 02:17 PM
Piano with Willie
by Nikalette
08/29/14 12:58 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission