Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1124659 - 08/22/05 12:03 AM So!
markjpcs Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
How are the sales going?

#1124660 - 08/22/05 12:26 PM Re: So!
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (originally N...
Slow.

I think we need someone to promote it on Oprah or Letterman:-)

Where's all our marketing geniuses?
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!

#1124661 - 08/22/05 01:03 PM Re: So!
markjpcs Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
sigh.

I will have to order some more. \:D

#1124662 - 08/27/05 10:33 AM Re: So!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Possibly a thread could be started that is composed of members whose recordings are on the cd. I remember a discussion thread when members were suggesting pieces they might like to have on the cd. It's time for an update.

I find when I listen to the cd that if I can connect somehow with the member recording, even if only know him/her through a PW post, I almost enjoy listening to their contribution more than someone I know nothing about.

Let the audiance have the opportunity to know about members on the cd even if only a few words. Maybe a pic of yourself, or of the piano used for your recording, or both!!

Let us know about the piece you are playing; why you chose it, how your recording session played out.

I've been wondering how cd sales were going. I'm glad someone asked. ;\)

#1124663 - 08/31/05 05:56 PM Re: So!
Ted Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I included a file with brief descriptions of the pieces I played on the CD. As for pictures, if you insist, but the visual reality probably does absolutely nothing for the listener.

The reality

#1124664 - 08/31/05 11:46 PM Re: So!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Ahhhh... Ted, a picture is worth a thousand words!! Thank you for sharing albums; I gather you are the cute one with the handlebar mustache and hiking hat; your wife is the charming & lovely looking lady and your son, the oh, so handsome grad!

You are to be applauded for being the first member to bravely come forward but now I want to know more about you and your musical talents!!

Maybe I can possibly persuade you to start your own separate thread (titled: Ted Jones) under the "PW CD Project" heading and entertain all of us further with:

1) a pic of yourself at the piano; BTW are you playing the Weinbach grand on all the pieces you submitted?

The pieces are ALL your original material!! Such a talented person! Please share more of your background and how long you have been enjoying your musical talents.

Also, there is a piano pic I noticed on one of your photobucket albums; 'tis a real beauty! Please share some info on it.

I've been listening to all the pieces you performed on the cd this evening and have truly enjoyed the performance even more so tonight since I feel I know you better already. ;\)

Thank you for being a contributing member to the first PW CD. [applause, applause] \:D

#1124665 - 10/27/05 04:25 AM Re: So!
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
 Quote:
Originally posted by Piano World:
Slow.

I think we need someone to promote it on Oprah or Letterman:-)

Where's all our marketing geniuses? [/b]
Well, I may not be the best pianist here. *sniff* Ok, I'm not, guaranteed. And I didn't even join in time to submit for the CD...though I imagine the quality is top-notch, and I may not even have a place on the CD.

Either way, *points to self* marketing. And I usually charge for my consulting services, but since the proceeds from the CD go to saving music, and it all seems to be a non-profit venture, I'm more-inclined to be charitable. ;\)

Of course, I'd have to be in touch with someone close to the project to give a comprehensive evaluation, but here are a few quick free tips:

1. Word of mouth will benefit you immensely. You need all the forum members to recommend the cd to their friends, co-workers, etc. But this is not enough. The CD has to be available somewhere for them to order it. Advertise it on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

2. If anyone has a connection to local concert halls, get them to stock the CD in their gift shops. The same goes for bookstores, Tower Records, local mom&pop music stores, even sheet music stores that sell CDs.

3. IF they're willing, get in touch with Elena and Laura (the Duo Scarbo--you'll have to change the name on the CD, or add an extra note), and see if they'll help promote the CD. If anything, a note on their website will certainly help-- a link to an Amazon or Ebay purchase website, or even PianoWorld's own purchase site, though it'd need to be revamped slightly to reflect a purchase order instead of an advertisement. Have a brief note: "We recently contributed to a wonderful charity CD that is donating proceeds to the Save the Music Foundation. To listen to excerpts/purchase this CD and support the Save the Music Foundation, click 'here'."

Many people are willing to support non-profits even if they don't want the CD.

If the recording of the Duo Scarbo's performance is good, it will also help promote them. Think of the CD like a connection, an intersection of silk strings in a spider web. The more connections you have, the larger the web. The large the web, the easier it is to catch flies. ;\)

4. Advertise in playbills, campus newspapers (probably best-served at music schools, or advertising in the music departments of schools), newsletters that serve the classical community.

5. Get the organization involved to whom you are donating proceeds. They should be very willing to help--especially because they'll be reaping the benefits (cash...which is just as good as money). They have a larger web than you...and perhaps someone who's not devoted to classical music, but likes to donate to charities, might purchase the CD to 'do something good'. Who knows--you may just start them on the road towards appreciating what it is all of us love in classical music. ;\)

Well, that's a quick five bullets. Took about 10 minutes or so to type it all...maybe 30 seconds thinking about it. If you want more, you know how to reach me. Good luck with it. Like piano, there's no short road to success. Success takes time and effort. ;\)

What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
88 registered (AZ_Astro, barbaram, AndrewJCW, 36251, 29 invisible), 1348 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156082 Topics
2292042 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
An original piece on home-made electric guitar
by gsmonks
16 minutes 29 seconds ago
Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk?
by CarloPiano
Today at 05:04 AM
Another Improvisation
by Polyphonist
Today at 02:55 AM
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
Today at 01:10 AM
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
Today at 01:10 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission