2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
I hope every one's recording project is progressing well. smile

<hr>
<h2>Piano World CD Project Submission Guidelines</h2>

Submission deadline is <font color="#AA0000">December 31, 2004</font>.

There are several components to your submission, some are required, others are optional. They are listed below:

• Your Recording [required].
    </font><ul type="square">
  • If you want to send me a CD or e-mail me sound files, please let me know and I'll send you a mailing and/or e-mail address for that purpose. Acceptable formats are AIFF, WAV, and MP3.
  • If you want to use the File Uploader service provided by Piano World (Frank), that's good too. Please let me know the URL to download your file if it's not painfully obvious which one is yours when viewing the full listing of submitted music. Again, acceptable formats are AIFF, WAV, and MP3. (Please be aware that if you choose this option, your music will be available for download by any one. Please be considerate on the bandwidth strain that this might put on Piano World's server -- Frank has to pay for the bandwidth.)
  • Whenever possible, please send your recordings with the highest audio quality possible. That usually means uncompressed AIFF or WAV or audio track on CD. If you want to send MP3, be mindful that the lower the bit rate you select for your encoding, the more you compromise on sound quality. (Note: the higher the bit rate, the bigger the file size.)
  • Obviously, please include the name of composer(s) and opus#'s/titles of the pieces you submit.

[*]Permission Form [required].
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need to sign a permission form that says you allow Piano World to use your submission for the purpose of publishing the Piano World Music Compilation CD's. This is to protect Piano World from potential law suites.
  • The form will acknowledge that you own the rights to the recording you submit.
  • The form needs to have your REAL NAME and REAL SIGNATURE.
  • Please send the form directly to Frank Baxter (Piano World owner), not me (Frank/Piano World is the one that needs to keep the forms on file for legal protection; I don't really need to see the forms, I don't really need to know your true identity; going by your PW screen name, I just need Frank to confirm that he's got your release form before I include your material in the Compilation CD.)
  • Please use THIS TEMPLATE -- PWCD_Permission_Template.txt .
  • Fill out the form/template, sign, date, and mail to
    Piano World,
    38 Parky Drive,
    Enfield, CT 06082

</font></li>
[*]Text for CD Booklet [optional]:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Up to half a page, to be included in the CD booklet. You can write anything you want here as long as (1) you're not copying some one else's copyrighted material, and (2) it's consistent with the Posting Etiquette that Piano World/Frank set down .
  • Suggestion: You can write about yourself, your pieces, your piano, your recording setup, etc.

</font></li>
[*]A Picture [optional]:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To be included in the CD booklet (on the same page as your text file if you choose to submit one) -- can be any one picture you care to submit as long as (1) you're not submitting some one else's copyrighted material, and (2) the content is consistent with the Posting Etiquette that Piano World/Frank set down .
  • Suggestion: You can submit a photo of yourself, your piano, your recording setup, etc.
  • Hint: Higher resolution photo prints better.
  • Accept JPEG, GIF, and TIFF formats.

</font></li>
[*]Manuscript/Sheet Music [optional]:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Submit this only if you are submitting your original composition in your recording.
  • PDF and PostScript formats preferred.
  • TIFF, GIF, and JPEG also acceptable.

</font></li>
[*]Other Optional Items [optional]:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you want your real name listed in the track listing and CD booklet instead of your Piano World screen name, let me know and give me your real name.
  • If you want to label yourself a "beginner" in the track listing and put yourself in the "beginner" section, let me know too.

</font></li></ul><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Submission deadline is <font color="#AA0000">December 31, 2004</font>.

(p.s. If you want to contact me privately and my Private Message mail box gets full, please send me e-mail instead. wink )

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Just to clarify -- the Permission Form is the only thing you need to send to Frank. Please send all other components of your submission to me (or upload with PW's File Uploader service).

Thanks.

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
Can we e-mail him a scanned copy of the signature form?

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
That form is for his protection. As long as he accepts a scanned copy, I'll have no problem with that. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission