It must be loathsome for a new guy to ask what kind of piano do I have. I stumbeled across this forum today and thought Hey I'll ask the pros.

About 1990 I bought a used 5 foot baby grand from Colton in the Bay Area. At the time the salesman said it was a Horner (like the hormonica) I didn't give it another thought. With no decal on the fall board who knows. I liked the fell.

So fast forward through a few tunnings and a move and I break a hammer shank.

(LSS) Horner never made a piano. I just wanted a couple parts not a "Unsolved Mystery"

It starts getting interesting. First the case is very high quality magogony the sides are 1,7/8 inch thick heavier than average. It ia branded on the inside left with 8649 no other markings except a crayon date in blue on the bottom of the pin board. March 1933. The piano has a great spruce sound board. Looks tight grained like a fine guitar. This is a well made insturment.

Here is the strange part. The action supports have a 1928 date. The whippens have coil springs on the repitition levers mounted next to the hooks. No hairpin springs. The whippens look a lot like Baldwin concert grand. But the flange is knotched like a regular Baldwin not contoured like the shank flange mounts etc..

The strangest part is conical wooden resonators press fit in the soundboard. The resonators come up through the holes in the harp like speakers. The harp has no markings or numbers. But the holes are in the shape of the Star of David.

So is it a mystery piano a prototype or is there someone that knows this as the famous ACME #123 that Wylie Coyote played.

Any suggestions would be appreciated I know I know "Doesn't anyone ever introduce themselfs anymore"

R M